PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs North Dakota State Stubhub

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM
There are currently 680 tickets on Stubhub for the game. All of them are still above face. It appears someone thought they could make a profit on the game. I have the feeling they won't. Some listings have 20 or more tickets available.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 14th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I got mine at face value from UNI. I don't know that I've ever had to resort to a ticket site for a game in Cedar Falls.

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2014, 11:40 AM
There usually isn't much of a demand beyond capacity.

IBleedYellow
October 14th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a pompous ass when I say this, but I know I will so whatever...

We're sort of used to this at NDSU by now, people trying to profit off of our fanbase's desire to travel and follow the team. Hell, Frisco loves us because we infuse millions into their economy every year just in alcohol sales alone.

That said, it still ticks me off when people are overcharging for seats when there isn't that great of a demand. Hopefully they have to each a lot of their tickets and lose out.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 14th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a pompous ass when I say this, but I know I will so whatever...

We're sort of used to this at NDSU by now, people trying to profit off of our fanbase's desire to travel and follow the team. Hell, Frisco loves us because we infuse millions into their economy every year just in alcohol sales alone.

That said, it still ticks me off when people are overcharging for seats when there isn't that great of a demand. Hopefully they have to each a lot of their tickets and lose out.

Could be worse. Look at what South Dakota is doing.

IBleedYellow
October 14th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I wasn't even going to go there. That's just funny. They don't want us at their game, so they attempt to lock us out unless we buy two tickets.

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2014, 09:34 PM
I honestly figured it was NDSU fans buying group tickets and then selling what they don't need. Judging by the other games this season I doubt it is our fans.

JayJ79
October 14th, 2014, 10:58 PM
probably a mix of a number of types. NDSU fans buying group tickets, bandwagon UNI fans that bought into the hype that this was going to be the greatest UNI team evah and that the NDSU@UNI game would be a matchup for the ages (but are now jumping off the bandwagon), and perhaps third party scalpers who thought this game would have a profitable resale market (though I'm not sure how much FCS games even show up on the radar of those types)

kbswish22
October 15th, 2014, 10:52 AM
If any one wants to go to this game and doesn't want to pay above face, just buy tickets from the UNI ticket office. Good amount of tickets left, and while they aren't the best seats in the world, its not like the stadium is that big. Every seat should be a good seat.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2014, 11:05 AM
If any one wants to go to this game and doesn't want to pay above face, just buy tickets from the UNI ticket office. Good amount of tickets left, and while they aren't the best seats in the world, its not like the stadium is that big. Every seat should be a good seat.

"Good amount"? There appear to be single seats in the corners but not much else. The Stubhub tickets are starting to come down to around face value since UNI ticket office charges a service charge.

JayJ79
October 19th, 2014, 12:26 AM
it would appear that a number of UNI ticketholders (I will refrain from using the three-letter f-word as it seems to offend a certain individual on here) are having a fire sale.

clenz
October 19th, 2014, 05:50 PM
it would appear that a number of UNI ticketholders (I will refrain from using the three-letter f-word as it seems to offend a certain individual on here) are having a fire sale.
Oh **** you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2014, 07:40 PM

These have been on stubhub for months.

clenz
October 19th, 2014, 08:25 PM
These have been on stubhub for months.
No... It's just "fans" not being real "fans"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2014, 10:36 PM
In fact, price still hasn't moved since the game yesterday. :)

NDSUSR
October 19th, 2014, 11:34 PM
In fact, price still hasn't moved since the game yesterday. :)

Why pay to watch a complete beat down?
Lakes will be by shortly to tell you how boring it will be for NDSU fans.

344Johnson
October 19th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Why pay to watch a complete beat down?
Lakes will be by shortly to tell you how boring it will be for NDSU fans.

Already have informed my old man to ask one of his friends to take my ticket. Zero desire to watch this.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2014, 10:37 AM
Tickets have dropped about $6 on Stubhub since Saturday.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2014, 04:08 AM
Dropped another $6. Now $10 under face. Glad I waited.

gumby013
October 23rd, 2014, 06:05 AM
Dropped another $6. Now $10 under face. Glad I waited.

Considering the game isn't even sold out, the prices will be dropping even more.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2014, 11:55 AM
Down to $25. A $15 drop since Saturday. The game is fairly close to sold out on UNITix, mostly singles, if not all singles. A TON of tickets available on Stubhub. I'm curious how low they will go.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 23rd, 2014, 12:11 PM
Down to $25. A $15 drop since Saturday. The game is fairly close to sold out on UNITix, mostly singles, if not all singles. A TON of tickets available on Stubhub. I'm curious how low they will go.

dammit, I paid face value ($45) on day of sale. Never would have guessed that dummies would try to do stubhub.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2014, 01:17 PM
Guessing this is probably a side effect of UNI opening up single game sales of this game to their donors and season tickets holders 2 months before the general public. May have had some people load up on them to try to make some money off of Bison fans or bandwagon Panther fans but the demand has been undercut by UNI's struggles to this point.

JayJ79
October 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
UNI's struggles really suck. but it is a nice consolation prize to see scalpers lose money

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Down to $23.

LehighU11
October 25th, 2014, 07:40 AM
While we're on the topic of Stubhub, there are currently more than 500 tickets up right now for the 150th meeting of Lehigh-Lafayette at Yankee Stadium. Face ranged from $45-214, with many seats costing more than chairback season tickets at Goodman. The current get-in price is $107. A third of the seats available are listed at $500+, with dozens in the $750-1000 range. I doubt any sell for more than $250.