PDA

View Full Version : Name your seeds...

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Who are the 4 teams you think will possibly receive the 4 seeds?

Possibilities:

ASU (9-1, 6-0) #1 AGS, #1 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Western Carolina (2-7, 0-6) WIN

Montana (8-1, 6-0) #2 AGS, #2 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Northern Colorado (1-8, 0-6) WIN
Sat, Nov 18 Montana St (7-3, 6-1)(#16 AGS, #18 TSN) LOSS

Massachusetts (8-1, 6-0) #3 AGS, #3 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 Maine (6-3, 5-1)(#23 AGS, #19 TSN) WIN
Sat, Nov 18 Hofstra (2-7, 1-5) WIN

James Madison (8-1, 6-0) #4 AGS, #4 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Villanova (4-5, 3-3) WIN
Sat, Nov 18 at Towson (6-3, 3-3) WIN

Youngstown St (8-2, 5-1) #6 AGS, #6 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Western Kentucky (5-4, 4-2) WIN

Illinois St (7-2, 4-1) #7 AGS, #7 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Indiana State (1-9, 1-5) WIN
Sat, Nov 18 at Northern Iowa (6-3, 4-1)(#11 AGS, #12 TSN) LOSS

My predictions in red. Based on those predictions, here are my seeds.
My seeds:
#1 ASU
#2 UMass
#3 JMU
#4 Montana

bandl
November 7th, 2006, 11:24 AM

Possibilities:

Remaining games:

Montana (8-1, 6-0) #2 AGS, #2 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Northern Colorado (1-8, 0-6) WIN
Sat, Nov 18 Montana St (7-3, 6-1)(#16 AGS, #18 TSN) LOSS

Massachusetts (8-1, 6-0) #3 AGS, #3 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 Maine (6-3, 5-1)(#23 AGS, #19 TSN) WIN
Sat, Nov 18 Hofstra (2-7, 1-5) WIN

James Madison (8-1, 6-0) #4 AGS, #4 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Villanova (4-5, 3-3) WIN
Sat, Nov 18 at Towson (6-3, 3-3) WIN

Youngstown St (8-2, 5-1) #6 AGS, #6 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Western Kentucky (5-4, 4-2) WIN

Illinois St (7-2, 4-1) #7 AGS, #7 TSN
Remaining games:
Sat, Nov 11 at Indiana State (1-9, 1-5) WIN
Sat, Nov 18 at Northern Iowa (6-3, 4-1)(#11 AGS, #12 TSN) LOSS

My predictions in red. Based on those predictions, here are my seeds.
My seeds:
#1 ASU
#2 UMass
#3 JMU
#4 Montana

I agree, except if Montana really does lose to Montana State and Youngstown State wins their last game, YSU will get the last seed over Montana.

Go Apps
November 7th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Still think Montana is #2, Mass #3 and JMU #4

Montana and App as the top two seeds are a dream as both can pack them in for attendance, no way they miss out of crowds and of course I think Montana beats MSU

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM
I agree, except if Montana really does lose to Montana State and Youngstown State wins their last game, YSU will get the last seed over Montana.
Possibly, in that case, the scenario for #4 would be a coin flip essentially

Torero Tradition
November 7th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Possibilities:

Remaining games:

Your really hoping ASU gets the one seed so you can play San Diego :hurray: Hope your happy with your wish if you get it.... I think we're heading to Montana.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Your really hoping ASU gets the one seed so you can play San Diego :hurray: Hope your happy with your wish if you get it.... I think we're heading to Montana.

If Montana is #2, you go there. I don't think they will send you to Boone if you make it in.

bandl
November 7th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Possibly, in that case, the scenario for #4 would be a coin flip essentially

IMO, NDSU should get the #4 seed if that scenario pans out! :doh:

HensRock
November 7th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I think YSU willl get a top 4 seed if they win out. Even at 9-2, I say they get a seed over 10-1 JMU.

#1 App State
#2 Montana
#3 UMass
#4 YSU

GrizzlyEdd
November 7th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Still think Montana is #2, Mass #3 and JMU #4

Montana and App as the top two seeds are a dream as both can pack them in for attendance, no way they miss out of crowds and of course I think Montana beats MSU

Montana vs Montana State is going to be a war but I just don't see Montana State upsetting the Griz this year. I think the Griz end the season at 10-1 and #2 seed. We want to welcome San Diego to Missoula and Washington Grizzly Stadium. Just don't want to miss out on that. :hurray:

HensRock
November 7th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Montana vs Montana State is going to be a war but I just don't see Montana State upsetting the Griz this year. I think the Griz end the season at 10-1 and #2 seed. We want to welcome San Diego to Missoula and Washington Grizzly Stadium. Just don't want to miss out on that. :hurray:

The Griz will be welcoming either Cal Poly or the Southland Champ, depending on how Cal Poly ends up seeded.

There are 8 seeds this year, correct?

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 11:44 AM
IMO, NDSU should get the #4 seed if that scenario pans out! :doh:
I wish they could

Pard4Life
1- ASU
2- Montana
3- Massachusetts
4- YSU

JMU should be a close 5th

AppGuy04
I think YSU willl get a top 4 seed if they win out. Even at 9-2, I say they get a seed over 10-1 JMU.

#1 App State
#2 Montana
#3 UMass
#4 YSU

with their only loss being to the #1 seed, naw

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM

They are fighting for their playoff lives, thats why I picked them

GrizzlyEdd
November 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM
The Griz will be welcoming either Cal Poly or the Southland Champ, depending on how Cal Poly ends up seeded.

There are 8 seeds this year, correct?
hmmm not sure on that one... I did hear something about 8 seeds. Funny thing about Cal Poly.... after last weekend's game between the Griz and the Mustangs, Griz coach Hauck met Mustang coach Ellerson at the middle of the field and coach Hauck told coach Ellerson "please don't come back." They are good friends and there is a lot of respect shared between them....

I wish that Cal Poly would have been added to the BSC instead of Northern Colorado... would have made for a very good conference.:twocents: The BSC could be split into two divisions like the A-10, only East and West divisions... there was a thread to that effect either on here or eGriz....

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I'M GETTING THAT PLAYOFF ITCH, ONLY A COUPLE MORE WEEKS.:hurray: :D :rotateh:

GrizzlyEdd
November 7th, 2006, 11:53 AM
They are fighting for their playoff lives, thats why I picked them

I hear ya but they are also playing in WGS. Course, they have beaten the Griz there but this year's edition of the Griz are a totally different animal than in the past. I don't think that the Bobcat offense is going to do much against the Griz Defense. The Griz Offense does enough game in and game out to win. Could be a somewhat close game but I feel the Griz win by 10.:nod:

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I hear ya but they are also playing in WGS. Course, they have beaten the Griz there but this year's edition of the Griz are a totally different animal than in the past. I don't think that the Bobcat offense is going to do much against the Griz Defense. The Griz Offense does enough game in and game out to win. Could be a somewhat close game but I feel the Griz win by 10.:nod:

Griz win by 3 scores if Hauck plays Cole.

Death Dealer
November 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM
1. App State
2. Montana
3. UMass
4. JMU

nothing new to add, seems like we've covered it. Nothing else to add, except......

Your really hoping ASU gets the one seed so you can play San Diego :hurray: Hope your happy with your wish if you get it.... I think we're heading to Montana..

I think you're heading home for the holidays, with a trophy from the GIC.

I-AA Fan
November 7th, 2006, 12:29 PM
If you think they are not going to seed a GFC club, but seed 2 A-10 clubs ... you do not know the game ... at all.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 7th, 2006, 12:36 PM
1- ASU
2- Montana
3- Massachusetts
4- YSU

JMU should be a close 5th

There is no such thing as a close 5th. Only 1-4. 5th worthy is no better than 13 or 14th.

1- ASU
2- Montana
3- UMASS
4- JMU

10-1 with a loss to #1 App. Worthy of #4 seed. Both YSU and JMU have a win over a D2 school, meaning in the eyes of the committee - JMU 9-1; YSU 8-2. Gotta go with JMU, and it's not a homerism.

If it were based on bidding criteria, that would be another discussion, but it's purely the 4 best teams. period. That won't change without a loss in the next two weeks for one of these team in the top 4.:nod:

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 12:39 PM
If you think they are not going to seed a GFC club, but seed 2 A-10 clubs ... you do not know the game ... at all.

If nobody loses, the Gateway does not get a seed

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 7th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Funny how people seem to forget two teams from the same conference have been seeded in the past.

More importantly, two teams who are both undefeated in their conference are certainly both worthy of seeds. It's just fate that the schedule rotation worked out that way.

GannonFan
November 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Funny how people seem to forget two teams from the same conference have been seeded in the past.

More importantly, two teams who are both undefeated in their conference are certainly both worthy of seeds. It's just fate that the schedule rotation worked out that way.

And that's why I'm going pick Youngstown to get the seed over JMU - the A10's the only conference where two teams could go through the conference both undefeated - any other conference they would have to play each other and one of them would be 9-2. This is the first time this has ever come up - when UD and nova were seeds #3 and #1 respectively in 1997 at least they did play each other. I'm thinking the committee could go to giving the last seed to Youngstown. I see it as :

#1 Appalachian St
#2 Montana
#3 UMass
#4 Youngstown

I think JMU should get it over Youngstown but I'm convincing myself more and more about the interesting scheduling issue around UMass and JMU.

MarkCCU
November 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM
#1 is Appstate

Death Dealer
November 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM

You may be right. On both points!xlolx This is just who I would pick based upon the criteria, the 4 best teams in the order I listed them.:nod:

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM
#1 App State
#2 Umass
#3 Montana
#4 YSU

JMU odd man out...

I-AA Fan
November 7th, 2006, 01:17 PM

Call it fate, or anything you want. It is still a schedule weakness. If UNI wins the GFC by beating ILS, and YSU loses to WKU ...then the GFC will probably not see a seed. Even that is a probablility.

Over half of the A-10 is below .500, while the #5 team in the GFC is 6-3 with a convincing win over a Big-10 club? Again, if you see the A-10 as seeding 2, and the GFC as seeding none, you do not know the game ... or maybe you know more than we think ...someone in the selection comittee.

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Fact is, the 2 A-10 teams are worthy of a seed. It sucks that the Gateway beats itself up, but I could see the GFC getting no seed this year.

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM
The A10 is top heavy, UMass and JMU both deserve seeds. This isn't about balancing conferences. This is about picking the best 4 teams in the playoffs. There is no rule that says that 2 teams from once conference can't get a seed.

Cincy App
November 7th, 2006, 02:03 PM
AppGuy04, it's true that 2 teams from the same conference can be seeded. Generally though, the Playoff Selection Committee will avoid it if a 5th team is worthy. That's how it has worked over time. Accordingly, I agree with the ASU, UM, UMass, and YSU scenario. All have to win first though so we may never find out...

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I think JMU is more deserving and if they don't get it just b/c of the conference affiliation that is BS

asu7
November 7th, 2006, 02:27 PM
a loss here and there could change everything

BillLuc1982
November 7th, 2006, 02:30 PM
My 4 seeds:

#1. Appalachian State
#2. Montana
#3. UMass
#4. New Castle School of Trades

FlyYtown
November 7th, 2006, 02:37 PM
My Seeds:

1: Appalachian State
2: Montana
3: UMASS
4: Youngstown State.

YSU's schedule is one of the toughest in I-AA... There wins have been impressive too: Maine-UCDavis-Illinois State-Southern Illinois.... A win over WKU and the fact we have a 21,000 seat stadium with a fan base: We get the seed.

BillLuc1982
November 7th, 2006, 02:45 PM
YSU's schedule is one of the toughest in I-AA... There wins have been impressive too: Maine-UCDavis-Illinois State-Southern Illinois.... A win over WKU and the fact we have a 21,000 seat stadium with a fan base: We get the seed.

Agreed, don't forget about Western Illinois, who's a lot tougher than most think. If they played in any other conference (except the A-10 all stars), they would be at least 8-3.

shakdaddy3
November 7th, 2006, 02:53 PM
i've read the whole thread and all.. just one question... isn't there a rule that says there cannot be more than 1 seed per conference ;)...

jk

speaking of seeds, where is the GPI at?

CopperCat
November 7th, 2006, 02:57 PM

I won't give a score because nobody can really say whether or not the Griz or Cat offenses will really show up, both have been streaky all year. I am sure though that both defenses will show up which will make the game essentially. I do understand that WGS is a crazy place to play, but MSU played in front of almost twice that many people in Colorado and came out with a W. The point here is that MSU is 4-0 on the road, and so I think that road game focus will come into play again. I am picking MSU in a VERY CLOSE GAME, not because of my persuasion, but because of history. Can't wait for it.

Peems
November 7th, 2006, 03:00 PM
www.i-aa.org

bandl
November 7th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Agreed, don't forget about Western Illinois, who's a lot tougher than most think. If they played in any other conference (except the A-10 all stars), they would be at least 8-3.

I always love this argument...I guess their toughness explains why they have a losing record (even with a few cupcake wins included) in the Gateway. :rolleyes:

BillLuc1982
November 7th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I always love this argument...I guess their toughness explains why they have a losing record (even with a few cupcake wins included) in the Gateway. :rolleyes:

They beat UNI! I would like to see WIU play in the A-10. Here is how WIU would do:

Wins: URI, Northeastern, Hofstra, Towson, Villanova, W&M
Losses: UMass, JMU
Tossups: UNH, UD, Maine, Richmond

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 7th, 2006, 03:09 PM
i've read the whole thread and all.. just one question... isn't there a rule that says there cannot be more than 1 seed per conference ;)...

jk

speaking of seeds, where is the GPI at?

GPI is still not published today... should come out any time now. As of last week, JMU was ahead in every three-letter category, adding up to a 2-3 point differential, which is substantial. If both teams win out (one more win for YSU, two more for JMU) then I would expect not so much to change. In this respect, JMU should be rooting for NDSU to keep winning to provide a buffer there in the computers. Still, this is just one measure.

YSU fans are talking about how strong their schedule is. Fact is they played a MUCH worse D2 school. Sure they went to Penn St. I think going there was about as dangerous as going to Boone - seriously.

And talking about stadium size etc. means NOTHING to seeding. That has everything to do with the bidding process.

The argument that was made that at least Nova and UD played each other makes no sense to me. If that was the case, why should UD have gotten a seed? JMU and UMass are both undefeated. Hard to pick a winner there.

I think almost all factors are equal between these two schools. That being the case, JMU deserves the seed with a better record. I mean, Hampton got a seed last year for cryin' out loud. You think that was because of their fans, stadium size and strength of schedule? :rolleyes:

Dukie95
November 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I think almost all factors are equal between these two schools. That being the case, JMU deserves the seed with a better record. I mean, Hampton got a seed last year for cryin' out loud. You think that was because of their fans, stadium size and strength of schedule? :rolleyes:

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

89Hen
November 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM
#1 App State
#2 Montana
#3 UMass
#4 YSU
I agree with Rock.

asu7
November 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
JMU and YSU would be a good game ... I believe the home team would win

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
JMU and YSU would be a good game ... I believe the home team would win

...and thus why this decision is so important! :nod:

BillLuc1982
November 7th, 2006, 03:26 PM
...and thus why this decision is so important! :nod:

If JMU plays at YSU, will JMU bring the band down? I hope I get to hear their band one more time since I will be home Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend after (for a wedding that I really don't want to attend).

FlyYtown
November 7th, 2006, 03:28 PM
YSU fans are talking about how strong their schedule is. Fact is they played a MUCH worse D2 school.

O Slippery Rock is so bad! They just beat D2 #18 Indiana, PA in Indiana, PA...
Slippery Rock is 7-2 in D2 Play 7-3 overall; ... hmmm: sounds like YSU in I-AA Play.............

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 04:01 PM
O Slippery Rock is so bad! They just beat D2 #18 Indiana, PA in Indiana, PA...
Slippery Rock is 7-2 in D2 Play 7-3 overall; ... hmmm: sounds like YSU in I-AA Play.............

Its true, Bloomsburg is 9-1 and #5 in DII. Their only loss is guess who

http://www.d2football.com/top25poll/11/

bandl
November 7th, 2006, 05:00 PM
They beat UNI! I would like to see WIU play in the A-10. Here is how WIU would do:

Wins: URI, Northeastern, Hofstra, Towson, Villanova, W&M
Losses: UMass, JMU
Tossups: UNH, UD, Maine, Richmond

And they also lost to Wisconsin (which any I-AA team would, I'll give them that)...and WKU...and SIU...and YSU...and ISU. Besides their win over UNI, they beat powerhouses Morehead State, Kentucky Wesleyan, Northern Colorado and Indiana State. So they have ONE quality win against a team that can be so hot & cold that they can lose to a DII team and then beat YSU (who they own anyways). Yep, they sure are a tough team! :thumbsup:

blueballs
November 7th, 2006, 05:04 PM

Trust me, USD doesn't want anything to do with going cross country to Boone, NC and taking the ass whipping that will surely come their way. I've witnessed some of the greatest teams in the history of the division lose there to ASU teams that were nowhere near as talented and tourney tested as this group.

Seeds: App, Umass, JMU, Montana with an honorary shoutout to NDSU, who IMO would be a threat to win the title if allowed to compete.

howvan
November 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
If JMU plays at YSU, will JMU bring the band down? I hope I get to hear their band one more time since I will be home Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend after (for a wedding that I really don't want to attend).

I agree, although having been in the YSU MP when other bands have visited (IUP and NCA&T), it's very intimidating. As a fan, it'd be awesome.

Pantherpower
November 7th, 2006, 06:33 PM
YSU may make the decision easy for the seed selection if they lose in Bowling Green this Saturday. That being said, WKU would have to play one helluva game to take down YSU and their rushing attack. AGS...............

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM

#1 App State
#2 Montana
#3 UMass
#4 YSU

Um... how do I say this... Not going to happen! :twocents:

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 7th, 2006, 06:54 PM

If its the Semi's I'd say full band... if its just the quarterfinals or first round it'll be a large volunteer pep band I think. We're better prepared than in 2004, the leadership can make the playoffs mandatory attendance for the band now. The only problem is $

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 7th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Pep Band only is what I'm hearing

JMU2004
November 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
No way in hell that a 10-1 JMU loses a seed to a 9-2 YSU.....our GPI is 2 points higher. We have played on the road at 2 #1 ranked teams and at a #13 team. Our schedule is plenty tough.

YSU fans need to remember JMU in 2004....we had a I-A loss to a #5 WVU team, a last second loss to the #4 seed, AND played in the toughest I-AA league. We were sent packing for the entire length of the play-offs!

Ronbo
November 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM
No way in hell that a 10-1 JMU loses a seed to a 9-2 YSU.....our GPI is 2 points higher. We have played on the road at 2 #1 ranked teams and at a #13 team. Our schedule is plenty tough.

YSU fans need to remember JMU in 2004....we had a I-A loss to a #5 WVU team, a last second loss to the #4 seed, AND played in the toughest I-AA league. We were sent packing for the entire length of the play-offs!

What teams were ranked in the past means nothing. You have victories over #9 UNH and #25 Richmond. Not too impressive that no one else you've beat is ranked.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
What teams were ranked in the past means nothing. You have victories over #9 UNH and #25 Richmond. Not too impressive that no one else you've beat is ranked.

The GPI has spoken!! xcoffeex

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 7th, 2006, 07:12 PM

The 2004 Road Show worked out for us......I had a blast in Chatty!!!

I think JMU looks good for the # 4 seed....just a few more weeks!!!

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
The 2004 Road Show worked out for us......I had a blast in Chatty!!!

I think JMU looks good for the # 4 seed....just a few more weeks!!!

Agree. We do what we've been doing, and all goes well! And I'm not too worried if we have to go on the road anyway, since our homecoming record this year was 4-0!! (JMU, VMI, UNH, Richmond :smiley_wi ) If you can win on the road on those days, you can win any day.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM
That's probably pretty much true for most teams. Once you pound them.......UNH & Richmond.....stock drops......

Just curious...how does Montana's foes fall in the top 20....Cal Poly would be one...South Dakota St.....

JMU2004
November 7th, 2006, 07:37 PM

weakest argument in the books.....and you know it. Teams lose and they drop, it happens. But, at the time of the game, they were playing like the #1 and #13 ranked teams. We played them and pounded them on the road. This isn't the Missoula special here(play 8 home games before playoffs).....

DB_Atlantic10
November 7th, 2006, 08:22 PM
And that's why I'm going pick Youngstown to get the seed over JMU - the A10's the only conference where two teams could go through the conference both undefeated - any other conference they would have to play each other and one of them would be 9-2. This is the first time this has ever come up - when UD and nova were seeds #3 and #1 respectively in 1997 at least they did play each other. I'm thinking the committee could go to giving the last seed to Youngstown. I see it as :

#1 Appalachian St
#2 Montana
#3 UMass
#4 Youngstown

I think JMU should get it over Youngstown but I'm convincing myself more and more about the interesting scheduling issue around UMass and JMU. I don't follow your rationale.......:confused:

DB_Atlantic10
November 7th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I agree with Rock. This is so funny... I never realized that there was so much hate for JMU from UDel...especially with their 10-6 win advantage.... I've yet to see any Hen's fan support their own conference affiliate...even come playoff time.... too funny....

Peems
November 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
weakest argument in the books.....and you know it. Teams lose and they drop, it happens. But, at the time of the game, they were playing like the #1 and #13 ranked teams. We played them and pounded them on the road. This isn't the Missoula special here(play 8 home games before playoffs).....

just because the schedule works in our favor no need to get upset.

placidlakegriz
November 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I do understand that WGS is a crazy place to play, but MSU played in front of almost twice that many people in Colorado and came out with a W.

I'm sure the atmosphere will be much different in Msla than Colorado!!!

chiapet9
November 7th, 2006, 09:04 PM
#1 ASU
#2 Montana
#3 UMass
#4 JMU

JMU gets the #4 over Youngstown.
JMU plays ASU in Boone, NC for the Semis.
JMU plays Montana again for the title.
How sweet would that be?

Peems
November 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM
#1 ASU
#2 Montana
#3 UMass
#4 JMU

JMU gets the #4 over Youngstown.
JMU plays ASU in Boone, NC for the Semis.
JMU plays Montana again for the title.
How sweet would that be?

pretty sweet...as long as the griz win. but i would be worried as i remember rascati was no slouch.

chiapet9
November 7th, 2006, 09:10 PM
it would be a very exciting rematch - considering the griz and the dukes don't ever play each other. i will have to admit that i would look forward to partying with montana fans again.

i haven't kept up with montana's roster - but i know that jmu still has a lot of the same team that went to chatty in '04.

Peems
November 7th, 2006, 09:12 PM
different but still very capable guys. the one guy who should be there(if we were to make it) and was there is ol Lex Hilliard, but as we know the injury bug bites hard.

chiapet9
November 7th, 2006, 09:17 PM
i think that JMU has a pretty good shot at making it to the title again. if they get the #4 seed they'll have at least two home games before making the trip to (most likely) ASU. I think if the Dukes go to Boone again this year it will be a much different outcome than the first meeting. I think that JMU has grown a lot as a team this season and ASU would be fools to think that they could run all over JMU in Boone.

I just don't want to travel to Missoula. It's cold there.

Peems
November 7th, 2006, 09:18 PM
currently here in montana at least helena roughly 110 miles east of missoula it has been in the forties. but this has just been an aberration. just before halloween we had snow and temps in the 20s.

chiapet9
November 7th, 2006, 09:24 PM
it was 70 today. in virginia.:p

chiapet9
November 7th, 2006, 09:31 PM
could someone please explain to me why Furman is ranked #10 when they've lost to CCU who is ranked lower, and they were steamrolled by ASU. just don't think they deserve to be ranked that high.

also - how come Hampton doesn't play anyone besides MEAC schools (or only historically black colleges/universities). I feel like they're doing themselves a disservice by not playing any tough local A-10 schools or schools like CCU/App St./etc.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 7th, 2006, 10:30 PM
could someone please explain to me why Furman is ranked #10 when they've lost to CCU who is ranked lower, and they were steamrolled by ASU. just don't think they deserve to be ranked that high.

also - how come Hampton doesn't play anyone besides MEAC schools (or only historically black colleges/universities). I feel like they're doing themselves a disservice by not playing any tough local A-10 schools or schools like CCU/App St./etc.
Hampton has this great record only to get bounced from the field in the first round ........an earlier post stated they had 3-4 guys that would be drafted in the NFL.......you would think they would go deeper in the playoffs.

chiapet9
November 7th, 2006, 10:39 PM
right - they make it to the playoffs as the MEAC auto-bid every year...but they generally lose in the first round. i almost feel like its a waste to give them an auto-bid when there might be another team more deserving of a playoff spot.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 7th, 2006, 10:40 PM
pretty sweet...as long as the griz win. but i would be worried as i remember rascati was no slouch.

Rascati didn't win that game, our O Line did... Rascati didn't throw a pass in 2 drives in the 2nd half. Didn't have to! The O line gave Fenner all the running room a man could want.

Death Dealer
November 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM

Because we've lost three games, one to the #1 ranked team in the country, one to a I-A, and one to a very improved CCU where our starting quarterback came out of the game early and was replaced with a RS freshman whose college football gametime up to that point had been one series in the final moments of the first game of that season. We may be overrated, but with any luck, we'll get a chance in the playoffs to show JMU that we aren't. We have more important fish to fry right now (e.g. GSU).:twocents:

chiapet9
November 7th, 2006, 10:51 PM
yeah - but you lost to ASU 40-7. that's terrible. that does not merit being ranked #10.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 7th, 2006, 11:01 PM
This is so funny... I never realized that there was so much hate for JMU from UDel...especially with their 10-6 win advantage.... I've yet to see any Hen's fan support their own conference affiliate...even come playoff time.... too funny....

Luv ya DB, but this is where I draw the line. We have had plenty of support from our fine feathered friends in Delaware. They may have been down on us in recent months due to their sub-par season and our run in the conference, but they still root for A-10 / CAA over the others.

GREAT SUPPORT from UD fans in Chatty in 2004 - and those of us there will never forget it! :nod:

JMUfan2008
November 7th, 2006, 11:03 PM
if JMU ends up higher in every poll, why would YSU get in over us? Our only loss is to the #1 and it's not like we got completely blown out in that game. If the committee has said that location has nothing to do with seeding, fan base and stadium size have nothing to do with it, meaning it comes down to only who has the better team (and don't say 2 teams from one conference can't get seeded...as I remember 2 SoCon teams made it in 2004), why wouldn't JMU get it. We play a debatably tougher schedule and we have more wins. Plus if we all win out it looks like we might pass Montana in the GPI to move into sole possession of the #3 spot. Can anyone give me a clear answer instead of...I think YSU would get the #4 seed because I said so...

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
if JMU ends up higher in every poll, why would YSU get in over us? Our only loss is to the #1 and it's not like we got completely blown out in that game. If the committee has said that location has nothing to do with seeding, fan base and stadium size have nothing to do with it, meaning it comes down to only who has the better team (and don't say 2 teams from one conference can't get seeded...as I remember 2 SoCon teams made it in 2004), why wouldn't JMU get it. We play a debatably tougher schedule and we have more wins. Plus if we all win out it looks like we might pass Montana in the GPI to move into sole possession of the #3 spot. Can anyone give me a clear answer instead of...I think YSU would get the #4 seed because I said so...

In the words of Dana Carvey as George H.W. Bush... "Not gonna do it"

DB_Atlantic10
November 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Luv ya DB, but this is where I draw the line. We have had plenty of support from our fine feathered friends in Delaware. They may have been down on us in recent months due to their sub-par season and our run in the conference, but they still root for A-10 / CAA over the others.

GREAT SUPPORT from UD fans in Chatty in 2004 - and those of us there will never forget it! :nod: Well that's great to hear, but I haven't seen it yet.....so after post after post after post, I just had to say something....