PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Sam Houston...

FormerPokeCenter
October 11th, 2014, 06:23 PM
You're Welcome. You guys played a great game and we out coached ourselves...

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 06:24 PM
McNesse is barely top 25 now.

FormerPokeCenter
October 11th, 2014, 06:43 PM
If I could argue that point, I would...

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Wait......what?

Damnit McNeese. Stop this! I try to keep you ranked.

Texas
October 11th, 2014, 06:46 PM
You're Welcome. You guys played a great game and we out coached ourselves...

Sams is a phenomenal runner but he makes you guys very one dimensional because of his poor passing.

I'm not over confident regardless of the win. I do not trust Keeler one bit.

Texas
October 11th, 2014, 06:48 PM
McNesse is barely top 25 now.

I think it's more along the lines a bunch of highly talented kids are finally becoming a team. McNeese will bounce back.

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 06:55 PM
I think it's more along the lines a bunch of highly talented kids are finally becoming a team. McNeese will bounce back.
I actually agree with you, however this is a bad loss because SHSU lost to D2. It makes the whole conference bad and now McNesse. Perception is everything.

FormerPokeCenter
October 11th, 2014, 07:02 PM
I agree. Great kid, but his production's not enough to account for the kids taken out of the equation because of his inability to spread the ball around like Bolfing does...

Sams is a phenomenal runner but he makes you guys very one dimensional because of his poor passing.

I'm not over confident regardless of the win. I do not trust Keeler one bit.

Big_Fan
October 11th, 2014, 07:06 PM
...been scratching my head about McNeese being ranked above JSU. We whipped them pretty good on their field in the second round last year. Now maybe we will jump them.

Nickels
October 11th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Good things happen in Kat country when you run the damn ball. Looks like Keeler finally gets it. We're made for running the rock not the damn air raid. 294 yards rushing.

Great game by Jared Johnson. Still has a long way to go as a passer but showed improvement today (passing - 15 for 29 192 yards 2 TDs 1 stupid pic, rushing - 190 yards on 11 carries 2 TDs)

Nickels
October 11th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Adrian Peterson was in attendance.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10670002_788195421238826_6304842076485393183_n.jpg ?oh=b1a2a69eed3b09a25a0f6ffb0e752540&oe=54C2C76C&__gda__=1421489202_377533575627ff783d8c7c4441b2770 8

BEAR
October 11th, 2014, 07:47 PM
WTF?????? SLC is so confusing. Next week in SELA will be BIG!

Red & Black
October 11th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Actually wasn't that surprised with this one. SHSU is really up and down so far but I've said all year they have a ton of talent on that team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katstrapper
October 11th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Kat D showed up again today!! Im liking what im seeing.

FormerPokeCenter
October 11th, 2014, 09:27 PM
The Kat D did a great job. We helped by making a radical departure from what we normally do....I suspect we were trying some "strategery," but the only people we outsmarted were ourselves...

It would have been nice if we'd have brought the multi-dimensional offense we took to Nebraska, rather than opening with the one-trick pony offense and riding it all game long...

I don't mind losing if we play our best, but simply get beat. I ****ing hate it when we do things that handcuff ourselves...

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM
...been scratching my head about McNeese being ranked above JSU. We whipped them pretty good on their field in the second round last year. Now maybe we will jump them.
Because we are in 2014. Not 2013.

lionsrking2
October 11th, 2014, 10:02 PM
It's college football. I saw two very talented teams on the field and one got the upper hand and didn't let up. It happens.

MTfan4life
October 12th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Actually wasn't that surprised with this one. SHSU is really up and down so far but I've said all year they have a ton of talent on that team.

I agree with you. I picked Sam Houston to win. They're a good team who forgot to show up on a day they played a solid D-2 program. Outside of the Pueblo massacre, they have looked pretty decent, with flashes of excellence. There's no reason to greatly punish McNeese for losing to a good team. It's true they haven't proved themselves with a good win yet, though.

Nickels
October 12th, 2014, 10:05 AM
AD loves the Kats

http://i0.wp.com/houstonianonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screen-Shot-2014-10-11-at-7.52.54-PM.png?resize=877%2C535

McNeese75
October 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Good things happen in Kat country when you run the damn ball. Looks like Keeler finally gets it. We're made for running the rock not the damn air raid. 294 yards rushing.

Great game by Jared Johnson. Still has a long way to go as a passer but showed improvement today (passing - 15 for 29 192 yards 2 TDs 1 stupid pic, rushing - 190 yards on 11 carries 2 TDs)

I agree Nickels. KCK finally got his head out of his ass and gave up the all pass game to take advantage of the running skills on the team. I was hoping all along he would stay with the passing game (although JJ did throw better yesterday) but they turned the hounds lose and they will be tough to contend with as long as the QB keeps his head on straight.

And I have no frickin idea how to rank either of these teams now.

toobahcowboy
October 12th, 2014, 12:42 PM
I think we (McNeese) will drop, but to somewhere in the teens. We still almost beat Nebraska.

McNeese75
October 12th, 2014, 01:24 PM
I think we (McNeese) will drop, but to somewhere in the teens. We still almost beat Nebraska.

xlolx OH we are going to drop, its just a matter of how far.

FormerPokeCenter
October 12th, 2014, 02:03 PM

Tim, "almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades....The Nebraska game, at this point, is a complete non-sequitor. We just lost to a team that got skull drug by a Division II. That should put things in their proper perspective...

The team that played Sam Houston last night isn't top 25 material...

They perhaps can be....but right now?

Nope...

tomq04
October 12th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Can SHSU get in if they win out?

BEAR
October 12th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Can SHSU get in if they win out?

if they win out they win the conference.

FormerPokeCenter
October 12th, 2014, 07:22 PM
And they don't play SELA...

McNeese75
October 12th, 2014, 07:33 PM
if they win out they win the conference.

Only if SELA doesn't win out

dewey
October 12th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Only if SELA doesn't win out

I wonder what the conference tiebreaker rules are. I just don't know what to think of SHSU and now McNeese.

Dewey

lionsrking2
October 12th, 2014, 10:47 PM
I wonder what the conference tiebreaker rules are. I just don't know what to think of SHSU and now McNeese.

Dewey

The way I understand the new rule which was changed this year, the Simple Rating System (SRS) would break the tie if two teams, who don't play each other during the regular season, run the table and finished tied for first.

FormerPokeCenter
October 12th, 2014, 11:26 PM
SHSU is a good team..... McNeese, not so much. I saw no leadership on the field....

Samalum'10
October 12th, 2014, 11:27 PM
We need UCA to win next week. If that happens, and we win out, we'll get the auto

Nickels
October 13th, 2014, 09:03 AM
I would like to add that McNeese plays dirty ball. I thought their program was good enough to be above that but obviously not.

A couple of their players were eye gouging and got our TE pretty good.

Considering their coach raised a murderer, it doesn't surprise he cant keep a bunch of thugs in line.

McNeese75
October 13th, 2014, 09:34 AM
I would like to add that McNeese plays dirty ball. I thought their program was good enough to be above that but obviously not.

A couple of their players were eye gouging and got our TE pretty good.

Considering their coach raised a murderer, it doesn't surprise he cant keep a bunch of thugs in line.

OH and you know this how? Completely classless post Nickels but I would expect nothing less from you. Your team won, take it with class and move on and quit being a little bitch.

Nickels
October 13th, 2014, 09:47 AM
OH and you know this how?

Because I was at the game along with a couple thousand other people who saw it.
http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?18033-OFFICAL-GAME-THREAD-WEEK-8-SHSU-vs-MCNEESE-HOMECOMING-2014/page13

I did enjoy watching #7 talking **** and pushing Sam players in the back all the while getting his ass dominated for 4 quarters.

Texas
October 14th, 2014, 08:29 PM
OH and you know this how? Completely classless post Nickels but I would expect nothing less from you. Your team won, take it with class and move on and quit being a little bitch.
It really happened, but it happens in all of football. I just hope it wasn't condoned by McNeese coaching staff.

McNeese75
October 14th, 2014, 08:34 PM
It really happened, but it happens in all of football. I just hope it wasn't condoned by McNeese coaching staff.

You can be sure it wasn't. But it wasn't unprovoked (and that is still no excuse for that to happen)

Texas
October 14th, 2014, 08:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player?id=2005571
Video of the game and time stamp is 3H:11M

http://i.imgur.com/uCEmDoB.png
http://i.imgur.com/Vba7BbO.png

FormerPokeCenter
October 14th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Lance didn't raise a murderer. He raised a football player. When the kid was under Lance's roof, he was on the straight and narrow. When he was with the Mom, not so much....

Unfortunately, the kid spent his early years with the Mom, and Lance didn't get him full time until after some bad habits were already in place...when the kid went to play at Tennessee, he was out from under Lance's roof and hung out with some thugs that Kiffin recruited...

And, the event happened when he was living with the mother out in California...

FormerPokeCenter
October 14th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Nice hold prior to the event in question...

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player?id=2005571
Video of the game and time stamp is 3H:11M

http://i.imgur.com/uCEmDoB.png
http://i.imgur.com/Vba7BbO.png

Texas
October 14th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Nice hold prior to the event in question...
Hold>Eye Gouging? Holding happens on both sides uncalled all the time, but nobody is trying to physically harm someone while doing it(for the most part).

FormerPokeCenter
October 14th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I'm not suggesting an equivalence, just saying that there's CLEARLY a hold going on, which you can see....what else was going on that you couldn't see?

There's just NEVER been a culture of dirty play at McNeese....generally chippy bull**** results in provocations....

McNeese75
October 14th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Hold>Eye Gouging? Holding happens on both sides uncalled all the time, but nobody is trying to physically harm someone while doing it(for the most part).

Watch 88 throughout the game. He was no angel.

Nuff said here

Nickels
October 14th, 2014, 09:42 PM
There's just NEVER been a culture of dirty play at McNeese.

Apparently your definition of never is different than most.

FormerPokeCenter
October 14th, 2014, 11:04 PM
You do understand what the word culture means, correct?

Nevermind... that's a rhetorical question. I momentarily forgot you're a Sam Houston product...

Bearkats94
October 15th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Tim, "almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades....The Nebraska game, at this point, is a complete non-sequitor. We just lost to a team that got skull drug by a Division II. That should put things in their proper perspective...

The team that played Sam Houston last night isn't top 25 material...

They perhaps can be....but right now?

Nope...

I just wonder how bad they would have beat the Cow pokes if y'all played them. They came loaded.

McNeese75
October 15th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I just wonder how bad they would have beat the Cow pokes if y'all played them. They came loaded.

I can speculate as well and my guess is they would NOT have beaten McNeese in Lake Charles.

bojeta
October 15th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Watched this game, and SHU clearly dominated throughout. Still believe McNeese is a solid team..., just simply got out coached, and out played on this Saturday. We'll see and hear more from them this season.

McNeese72
October 15th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Watched this game, and SHU clearly dominated throughout. Still believe McNeese is a solid team..., just simply got out coached, and out played on this Saturday. We'll see and hear more from them this season.

Sam has some very good parts and I think with their two open dates they had they are finally putting them together and getting them to mesh right. I wouldn't be surprised if they run the table on the rest of the regular season. I know that the game this week at Northwestern St. will be interesting. And they don't play Southeastern this season.

Doc

BEAR
October 15th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Sam has some very good parts and I think with their two open dates they had they are finally putting them together and getting them to mesh right. I wouldn't be surprised if they run the table on the rest of the regular season. I know that the game this week at Northwestern St. will be interesting. And they don't play Southeastern this season.

Doc

they still have the Bears to face last game of the season. Don't be surprised if UCA loses a couple of games more and goes to jail town and takes no prisoners. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
October 15th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Sam Houston's the only college program in America who's home attendance numbers are influenced by prison visitation hours...

McNeese75
October 15th, 2014, 08:14 PM
they still have the Bears to face last game of the season. Don't be surprised if UCA loses a couple of games more and goes to jail town and takes no prisoners. xlolx

That should be a really good game. Your QB and big receivers will create problems.

Texas
October 16th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Sam Houston's the only college program in America who's home attendance numbers are influenced by prison visitation hours...

All the McNeese posters you are the only one that gets butt hurt. Enjoy your loss.

fmrbearkat
October 17th, 2014, 12:28 PM
All the McNeese posters you are the only one that gets butt hurt. Enjoy your loss.

Of course he gets butt hurt....wouldn't you if you had an 8 inch girthy bike seat up your ass all the time.

https://i.imgflip.com/6239n.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/6239n)

FormerPokeCenter
October 17th, 2014, 01:47 PM
I make one little observation and two or three of your fans whine about it...yet, I'm the one with a terminal case of butt hurt? You do realize that I'm the OP on this thread, entitled "Congrats Sam Houston"....right???

You can hardly fault me for being observant enough to note that your attendance dips on the weekends when SHSU's main campus....er.....Huntsville State Prison has conjugal visitation scheduled ;)

Texas
October 17th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I make one little observation and two or three of your fans whine about it...yet, I'm the one with a terminal case of butt hurt? You do realize that I'm the OP on this thread, entitled "Congrats Sam Houston"....right???

You can hardly fault me for being observant enough to note that your attendance dips on the weekends when SHSU's main campus....er.....Huntsville State Prison has conjugal visitation scheduled ;)

Your joke fails horribly but keep clinging to overdone and down right retarded jokes.

Stay butt hurt my friend.

Red & Black
October 17th, 2014, 03:28 PM

It's what they do.

Sammy94
October 17th, 2014, 04:29 PM
It's what they do.

Not all of us.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Keeler seems to have YSU syndrome.

FormerPokeCenter
October 17th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Your joke fails horribly but keep clinging to overdone and down right retarded jokes.

Stay butt hurt my friend.

Yet still you respond...

There's a message there, somewhere...

FormerPokeCenter
October 17th, 2014, 05:28 PM
It's what they do.

Yep...Pavlov coulda saved on dog food and simply watched the Prisonville fans and tumbled to the same conclusions...

fmrbearkat
October 17th, 2014, 07:31 PM

i just had too...everytime I see your avatar it reminds me of that scene in Supertroopers. If conference foes can't have some fun and **** talk each other them whats the point? I don't hate McNeese, I respect McNeese. I effin hate SFA with every lipid in my OL body!!!

FormerPokeCenter
October 17th, 2014, 08:12 PM
No worries. Most of us are just having fun with all of this ;)