PDA

View Full Version : 99 yard run a record

dungeonjoe
November 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM
at Paulson Stadium, for Wofford College and the Southern Conference and one of only 6 in I-AA history.

Way to go Michael Hobbs of Wofford College!!
:bow: :bow: xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

http://woffordcollege.org/athletics/content.aspx?id=20948

"SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- When Michael Hobbs broke a 99-yard touchdown run against Georgia Southern on Nov. 4, 2006, he joined an elite club of NCAA athletes. The feat has only been accomplished 11 times in NCAA history – five times at the Division I-A level and six at the Division I-AA level.

When a Georgia Southern punt forced the Wofford Terriers to start at their own 1-yard line, quarterback Josh Collier lined up in the shotgun formation, five yards deep in his own end zone, with fullback Michael Hobbs at his side in the backfield. Collier took the snap and handed the ball to Hobbs who plowed through the middle of the line, broke two arm tackles and took off at a dead sprint toward the end zone. Downfield, wide receivers Colby Harris and Andy Strickland threw two key blocks for Wofford’s junior workhorse, and he went untouched the rest of the way to score."

see the run at the 1:50 mark of this video:
http://woffordcollege.org/video/athletics/football/VsGSU06.aspx

Mountaineer
November 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Also noticed that Michael was named Co-SoCon player of the week as well! Congrats!!

:hurray: :bow: :hurray: :bow:

Ivytalk
November 6th, 2006, 04:26 PM
At which point, thousands of dejected Eagle fans had just one question on their minds: "Which way is Crapsville?":D

Umass74
November 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM
At which point, thousands of dejected Eagle fans had just one question on their minds: "Which way is Crapsville?"
::lmao: :lmao:

OL FU
November 6th, 2006, 04:54 PM
At which point, thousands of dejected Eagle fans had just one question on their minds: "Which way is Crapsville?":D

xlolx :nod:

If I didn't know Joe better I might would accuse him of rubbing it in:eek: :nonono2:

dungeonjoe
November 6th, 2006, 05:00 PM
xlolx :nod:

If I didn't know Joe better I might would accuse him of rubbing it in:eek: :nonono2:

who me? no way:p It was an awesome run!:thumbsup:

DemiGS
November 6th, 2006, 05:44 PM
That's right...everyone go ahead and get your jollys in while you can:nod:

I guess I would too if I weren't a GSU fan. Give the Eagles a year or two and they will be back in winning form.

Eaglegus2
November 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM

I guess I would too if I weren't a GSU fan. Give the Eagles a year or two and they will be back in winning form.

Correct his time frame to 4 years or when Van Gorder has left.

Which ever comes first because he has murdered the once successful program of Georgia Southern.

ASU Kep
November 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Correct his time frame to 4 years or when Van Gorder has left.

Which ever comes first because he has murdered the once successful program of Georgia Southern.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Baldy
November 6th, 2006, 05:55 PM
:rolleyes:

JohnStOnge
November 6th, 2006, 06:00 PM
When a Georgia Southern punt forced the Wofford Terriers to start at their own 1-yard line, quarterback Josh Collier lined up in the shotgun formation, five yards deep in his own end zone, with fullback Michael Hobbs at his side in the backfield.

What I want to know is, has any fullback in NCAA history ever run 99 yards for a TD before that?

OL FU
November 7th, 2006, 07:10 AM

I am sure this is not true of everyone. But from what I have seen people have been pretty damn supportive of you guys. You beat yourself up a hell of a lot more than we do

Eaglegus2
November 7th, 2006, 07:18 AM
I am sure this is not true of everyone. But from what I have seen people have been pretty damn supportive of you guys. You beat yourself up a hell of a lot more than we do

I always knew you were a scholar & a gentleman OL FU.:hurray: