PDA

View Full Version : The GPI Has Returned - Save Yourselves

TypicalTribe
October 7th, 2014, 11:06 AM
2014 Gridiron Power Index (GPI) Debuts: NDSU Bison Are Back
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/articles/20141007gpi.htm

Everyone's favorite metric is back!

The new and improved version has dropped the AGS poll, so now it relies on just the TSN and Coaches (gulp). Yikes.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 11:09 AM
2014 Gridiron Power Index (GPI) Debuts: NDSU Bison Are Back
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/articles/20141007gpi.htm

Everyone's favorite metric is back!

The new and improved version has dropped the AGS poll, so now it relies on just the TSN and Coaches (gulp). Yikes.

Perhaps our favorite CSN Know-it-all can explain why they decided to keep the terrible indices while dropping the most accurate.

bluehenbillk
October 7th, 2014, 11:14 AM
The fact that they use the Coaches poll instead of the AGS poll, which has outperformed the index itself for 5 years running is really all you need to know.

Carry on. Nothing to see here.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 7th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Perhaps our favorite CSN Know-it-all can explain why they decided to keep the terrible indices while dropping the most accurate.

I don't think AGS has been part of that for a few years now has it?

Ralph for some reason went and started up another account that he was going around and being a dick with so I applied his own TOS to him and let his accounts tak a break for a week or so. I'm sure he'll be back all pissed off so you'll al get a good dose of medicine for questioning this. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Ah yes, the MVFC index.

JSUBison
October 7th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Was it the GPI thread from a couple years ago that the infamous Bot posted replies in it's stunted english/news feed tone or was that another thread?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 11:33 AM

Ralph for some reason went and started up another account that he was going around and being a dick with so I applied his own TOS to him and let his accounts tak a break for a week or so. I'm sure he'll be back all pissed off so you'll al get a good dose of medicine for questioning this. xlolx

Can't wait. That said, he's not the only one that reps CSN here with a outsized sense of self. I'd take any of them.

superman7515
October 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Was it the GPI thread from a couple years ago that the infamous Bot posted replies in it's stunted english/news feed tone or was that another thread?

That's correct.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2014, 11:42 AM
TOS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay on topic losers. :D

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Yale is 13...

pokefan02
October 7th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Someone can't count over there, they say that there are 4 SLC schools in the top 25 and list 5.:cool:

Sent from my HTC M8

DFW HOYA
October 7th, 2014, 11:58 AM
The GPI lists Davidson at 0-5. Does the non-NCAA game not count?

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2014, 12:02 PM
The GPI lists Davidson at 0-5. Does the non-NCAA game not count?

It counts in Davidson's eyes!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Lehigh's wunderkind OC is now the head coach of the worst team in FCS...

TypicalTribe
October 7th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Yale is 13...

The math is wrong. Yale should actually be about 25-26. There are formula errors all over the place with the teams not ranked in the human polls. Missouri State should be 15th, for example, and NW St, Harvard, Central Arkansas and Sam Houston State should be out of the top 25.

CrazyCat
October 7th, 2014, 12:16 PM
So, the only difference in this and the college football ranking composite, is that the GPI uses less fuzzy math ?

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2014, 01:13 PM
It still looks better than the coaches poll.

URMite
October 7th, 2014, 02:03 PM
So when is the SRS going to be release during the regular season?

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2014, 09:08 PM
And the page seems to have disappeared.

TypicalTribe
October 8th, 2014, 12:19 PM
And the page seems to have disappeared.

Formula problems have been fixed.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Formula problems have been fixed.

No, they haven't.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2014, 12:57 PM

Doesn't he have the CSN Info account anymore? If that's the case I can try to fill in for him:

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE GPI AND CSN. WE ARE PROUD TO ONCE AGAIN BE THE MOST ACCURATE PREDICTOR OF THE FCS AT LARGE PLAYOFF FIELD. IF ONLY THE AGS POLL WOULD CLOSE VOTING BEFORE THE PLAYOFF FIELD WAS ANNOUNCE.... wait, they did that the last two years and they were still more accurate than the GPI?????

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE GPI AND CSN....

TypicalTribe
October 8th, 2014, 01:28 PM
No, they haven't.

What do you think is still wrong?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2014, 01:34 PM
What do you think is still wrong?
3 Illinois State (5.86)
4T E Washington (6.00)

TypicalTribe
October 8th, 2014, 02:02 PM
3 Illinois State (5.86)
4T E Washington (6.00)

I just mean the math is right. You can argue all you want with the result although Illinois State has the 2nd best computer numbers in FCS.

Bisonwinagn
October 8th, 2014, 09:59 PM
The top 25 seems about right at this point in the season. Lot's of things will change but seems accurate for now.

AmsterBison
October 9th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Have the Coaches Poll voters figured out that North Dakota State University is not the same as the University of North Dakota yet?

Grizalltheway
October 9th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I just mean the math is right. You can argue all you want with the result although Illinois State has the 2nd best computer numbers in FCS.

Yeah, when you look at their game results and statistical rankings, I have no problem with ISU being that high in human or computer rankings. Their only weakness so far has been their schedule, but if they can do to Ind. State what they did to SDSU, I think we'll know they're for real.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2014, 02:40 AM

Any poll that has 80% of our conference in the top 15 is a good poll ;).

Twentysix
October 10th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Have the Coaches Poll voters figured out that North Dakota State University is not the same as the University of North Dakota yet?

They have now confused EWU with NDSU. ;)

McNeese75
October 10th, 2014, 08:30 AM

xconfusedx There's a difference?????

:D

Bisonwinagn
October 10th, 2014, 10:34 PM
If UND wasn't forced to change their name everyone would know them by Sioux suck and it would be easy to tell the difference.

robsnotes4u
October 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM
If UND wasn't forced to change their name everyone would know them by Sioux suck and it would be easy to tell the difference.

NDSUCKS. As far as nationally known, there is no comparison the UND Fighting Sioux name and logo were so far in front of the Bison, the Bison thought they were in first.

AmsterBison
October 11th, 2014, 08:55 AM
NDSUCKS. As far as nationally known, there is no comparison the UND Fighting Sioux name and logo were so far in front of the Bison, the Bison thought they were in first.

Wait, does the GPI rank logos? If not, they should really get on that.

Bemidji State.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Wait, does the GPI rank logos? If not, they should really get on that.

Bemidji State.

xlolx