PDA

View Full Version : Maybe now 3-0 Harvard and 3-0 Yale should be ranked...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Yale is 3-0 with a win over an FBS team, Harvard is 3-0 has pounded everyone they've played.

Who will jump ahead of them in the Top 25 this week? 4-2 SEMO? 4-2 South Carolina State? 5-1 Alcorn State? xlolx

citdog
October 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Not in my poll they won't. hudson high sucks. those teams play NOBODY so hence no ranking. EVER. The teams you mention are ALL more deserving.

FargoBison
October 5th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Yale yes...Harvard hell no.

- - - Updated - - -

Yale is 3-0 with a win over an FBS team, Harvard is 3-0 has pounded everyone they've played.

Who will jump ahead of them in the Top 25 this week? 4-2 SEMO? 4-2 South Carolina State? 5-1 Alcorn State? xlolx

Each and everyone of those teams should be ahead of Harvard and its cream filled schedule.

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2014, 11:47 AM
We are talking about the 20-25 bracket, not 1-5. Teams have been ranked 20-25 for a lot less around here.

blackbeard
October 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Yale yes
Harvard no

FargoBison
October 5th, 2014, 11:50 AM
We are talking about the 20-25 bracket, not 1-5. Teams have been ranked 20-25 for a lot less around here.

Yale should be ranked and I ranked them.

Harvard though has done nothing, absolutely nothing.

FargoBison
October 5th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I love the first post ripping on SEMO...They've played Kansas, SELA and SIU plus a decent Tenn State team in conference play. They beat Tenn State and SELA, what would compel anyone to rank a team with wins over Brown, Holy Cross and G-Town over them?

citdog
October 5th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I love the first post ripping on SEMO...They've played Kansas, SELA and SIU plus a decent Tenn State team in conference play. They beat Tenn State and SELA, what would compel anyone to rank a team with wins over Brown, Holy Cross and G-Town over them?

since le high sucks lfn is now carrying water for the ivy league.

Lehigh'98
October 5th, 2014, 12:12 PM
since le high sucks lfn is now carrying water for the ivy league.

Perhaps you can give us some tips on getting through these terrible seasons. You do bring lots of experience to the table.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Harvard was trailing Brown going into the 4th quarter. How is that pounding them? Yale has an argument because of the Army win and they snuck into my poll. Harvard, like undefeated Charleston Southern, will not be ranked in my poll until they beat someone of substance.

citdog
October 5th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Perhaps you can give us some tips on getting through these terrible seasons. You do bring lots of experience to the table.

Join a real conference and see how well you do. You don't see me toting water for PC and Charleston Southern.....

centennial
October 5th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Yale maybe... Harvard, no way in hell.

Sader87
October 5th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I agree that Harvard plays no one and should be somewhat penalized for this but they are also coming off a 9-1 season which ended with a 34-7 win at Yale.

I know, that was last year etc etc but I think a lot of people outside of the Northeast aren't aware just how good Harvard actually is.

They have also played their first 3 games (save for about 1/2 of the HC game) without their stahting QB and a few othah key players.

I'm not saying they are Top 10 but they definitely should be in the mix for the Top 25 or so.

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Brown-Harvard games are usually tough... Even though Brown is... crappy... the Bears usually give the Crimson a tough game, regardless of the season. Every team usually has "that type of opponent."

Go Green
October 5th, 2014, 01:32 PM
, Harvard is 3-0 has pounded everyone they've played.

22-14 over Brown is a pounding?

xconfusedx

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2014, 01:38 PM
No

OL FU
October 5th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I realize that they maybe top 25. I also realize that typically Ivy league scheduling isn't conducive to anyone outside of that circle of knowledge having a clue if they belong in the top 25. IT would be nice scheduling was different. Honestly, I am not sure a lot of people in that circle of knowledge have a clue either.

Nice win over Army. Sagarin says Army would be about number 24 in FCS. Not sure I believe it thoughxeyebrowx

X-Factor
October 5th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I've had both Yale and harvard in my poll for weeks now. They arnt going to move up much, but they are there

Houndawg
October 5th, 2014, 02:54 PM
I realize that they maybe top 25. I also realize that typically Ivy league scheduling isn't conducive to anyone outside of that circle of knowledge having a clue if they belong in the top 25. IT would be nice scheduling was different. Honestly, I am not sure a lot of people in that circle of knowledge have a clue either.

Nice win over Army. Sagarin says Army would be about number 24 in FCS. Not sure I believe it thoughxeyebrowx

The Ivy League has their own thing, which is fine. They don't need to be ranked against anybody but themselves.

Go Green
October 5th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I think if Yale goes 4-0, they should definitely be ranked.

But they aren't going 4-0.

:)

bulldog10jw
October 5th, 2014, 03:20 PM
I think if Yale goes 4-0, they should definitely be ranked.

But they aren't going 4-0.

You hope. :D

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Citdog is just pissed because Harvard, in its wisdom, has never erected a monument in Memorial Hall to the traitor sons of Harvard who died for slavery and the Confederacy in the Civil War.

That said, I agree that Yale should be ranked, but not Harvard. That may change by the fourth Saturday in November.

heath
October 5th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Citdog is just pissed because Harvard, in its wisdom, has never erected a monument in Memorial Hall to the traitor sons of Harvard who died for slavery and the Confederacy in the Civil War.

That said, I agree that Yale should be ranked, but not Harvard. That may change by the fourth Saturday in November.
No, citdawg is just pissed because she has no life and zero friends, a clouded head of old history tarnished with the beginnings of dementia,
Yale-no
Harvard-no
Its too early in the season to rank an Ivy unless the have been "pounding" all their opponents

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 05:09 PM
No, citdawg is just pissed because she has no life and zero friends, a clouded head of old history tarnished with the beginnings of dementia,
Yale-no
Harvard-no
Its too early in the season to rank an Ivy unless the have been "pounding" all their opponents

Citdog has plenty of friends-me included. He just calls Patriot/Ivy bull**** for what it is

citdog
October 5th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Harvard was trailing Brown going into the 4th quarter. How is that pounding them? Yale has an argument because of the Army win and they snuck into my poll. Harvard, like undefeated Charleston Southern, will not be ranked in my poll until they beat someone of substance.

Charleston Southern defeated The Citadel and a Charlotte team with more than 63 getting paid to be there. A WAY better resume than harvard. You should pay closer attention.

citdog
October 5th, 2014, 05:15 PM

Harvard does honor its graduates who fought for the Kaiser and who helped shovel Jews into the ovens for Uncle Adolph. Nice precedent.

- - - Updated - - -

Citdog has plenty of friends-me included. He just calls Patriot/Ivy bull**** for what it is

See Heath.....I have a friend.

bonarae
October 5th, 2014, 05:16 PM
I haven't put any Ivies in my poll yet this season. Their resumes are way too softer than past years... xsmhx

Like some Bison fans have put it here, two scholly teams I considered (SEMO and Charleston Southern) are much better when it comes to SOS and on-field performance... xcoffeex

aceinthehole
October 5th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Yale probably somewhere 20-25.

Harvard shouldn't get ranked even if they go 10-0. The Crimson have 6 of the weakest opponents in FCS (Gtown, Brown, Cornell, Columbia, Penn, and Princeton).

How many FCS teams could go 4-0 against HC, Lafayette, Dartmouth, and Yale? That's all the Crimson can do to justify a ranking.

heath
October 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Who knew "the general of south canada" and "the president of the confederate states of america" were joined at the hipxconfusedx
bull**** football is when you play Gardner Webb, win and are happy about a 1-4 mark. :D:D

Sader87
October 5th, 2014, 06:05 PM

Harvard shouldn't get ranked even if they go 10-0. The Crimson have 6 of the weakest opponents in FCS (Gtown, Brown, Cornell, Columbia, Penn, and Princeton).

How many FCS teams could go 4-0 against HC, Lafayette, Dartmouth, and Yale? That's all the Crimson can do to justify a ranking.

Well, we know CCSU isn't one of them xsmiley_wix

Harvard is a good team.....the 2nd beat team by fah of HC's opponents to date this year (Albany, Morgan St, CCSU , Fordham and Colgate). Fordham was probably a bit bettah but not much.

It's a shame they don't schedule up.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 06:06 PM

Plenty.

citdog
October 5th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Who knew "the general of south canada" and "the president of the confederate states of america" were joined at the hipxconfusedx
bull**** football is when you play Gardner Webb, win and are happy about a 1-4 mark. :D:D

Well it is SOUTH canada. Who is happy? Every team The Citadel has played is better than ANYONE who harvard has played. The personal attacks begin when the facts are not on your side. Nobody knows that better than I.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Well it is SOUTH canada. Who is happy? Every team The Citadel has played is better than ANYONE who harvard has played. The personal attacks begin when the facts are not on your side. Nobody knows that better than I.

And now that we have both relocated, I live considerably farther south than you.

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2014, 06:27 PM

You deserve each other.

citdog
October 5th, 2014, 06:40 PM
You deserve each other.

Notice that the distinguished barrister is rendered speechless by the fact that his alma mater honors Nazis yet not Confederates......

I still love you Ivytalk.

no homo

Gil Dobie
October 5th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Harvard yes, Yale, not yet my friend.

bulldog10jw
October 5th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Harvard yes, Yale, not yet my friend.

It should be "not so fast, my friend"

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 07:17 PM
You deserve each other.

Did you cultivate that witty repartee at Harvard?

You paid too much.

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Notice that the distinguished barrister is rendered speechless by the fact that his alma mater honors Nazis yet not Confederates......

I still love you Ivytalk.

no homo

Never said that it made sense, citdog.The debate about honoring Harvard Confederates in Memorial Hall still rages, and some of the faculty liberals can't fathom that some Harvard graduates didn't observe the abolitionist
orthodoxy. If it were up to me, I'd give the Rebs a plaque.The only explanation I have for the Nazi honorees is that the school felt that they had no control over their country's politics. We're not talking field marshals here.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Bust on Harvard for scheduling bad games if you will, but you can't say the same of Yale.

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2014, 10:51 PM
http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2010/11/11/memorial-harvard-war-confederate/?page=single

- - - Updated - - -

Bust on Harvard for scheduling bad games if you will, but you can't say the same of Yale.

Cal Poly, Army...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 10:52 PM
http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2010/11/11/memorial-harvard-war-confederate/?page=single

- - - Updated - - -

Cal Poly, Army...

😃

Go Green
October 6th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Never said that it made sense, citdog.The debate about honoring Harvard Confederates in Memorial Hall still rages, and some of the faculty liberals can't fathom that some Harvard graduates didn't observe the abolitionist
orthodoxy. If it were up to me, I'd give the Rebs a plaque.The only explanation I have for the Nazi honorees is that the school felt that they had no control over their country's politics. We're not talking field marshals here.

The explanation is that the German dude was a chaplain who (reportedly) was drafted against his will and opposed Nazi policies. He also did not serve in a combat role.

Harvard also left off the Japanese alum who helped plan the Pearl Harbor attack on their memorials.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1995/12/11/no-memorial-for-rebel-dead-pbtbhe/

That's Harvard's story, and they're sticking to it.

Edited: A little more on the German alum on Harvard's wall:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2003/11/6/the-writing-on-the-wall-the/

Houndawg
October 6th, 2014, 07:09 AM
The simple fact is that the Ivy League is not relevant to FCS football and shouldn't be in the playoff picture regardless of their record. They have their own thing.

DFW HOYA
October 6th, 2014, 07:25 AM
The simple fact is that the Ivy League is not relevant to FCS football and shouldn't be in the playoff picture regardless of their record. They have their own thing.

There is precedent for teams to be nationally ranked despite post-season participation. Let the Holy Cross fans tell you about their #1 ranking when the PL didn't participate in the playoffs.

Go Green
October 6th, 2014, 08:06 AM
There is precedent for teams to be nationally ranked despite post-season participation. Let the Holy Cross fans tell you about their #1 ranking when the PL didn't participate in the playoffs.

The Ivy champion is ranked more often than not most years.

Undefeated Ivy teams end up in the #12-15 range.

OL FU
October 6th, 2014, 11:02 AM

I don't really knock either one's schedule. The problem more than anything else is that don't participate in the playoffs so it is really very difficult to tell what they can do out of the northeast.

You could knock Furman's out of conference and most SoCon's out of conference except, like the PL, our champion will go to the playoffs where they will probably play teams outside of their regions if they get far enough. The Ivy's don't and never will, so it will always be difficult to compare. (my two cents, can't get the icon to work)xembarrassedx

World
October 6th, 2014, 11:39 AM
What difference does it make whether Yale or Harvard make the top 25?

They are both getting whopped by Princeton.

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 11:41 AM

Tough season for Lehigh, huh?

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 12:40 PM
We've said this many times: Some of Harvard's position players are usually among the best in FCS. For example, this year, DE Hodges. In the past, they have had top TEs, RBs, and QBs. They have the talent to compete, and us guys who have seen Harvard annually and other top FCS teams in the same season see that similar talent exists, but the depth is not there on Harvard.

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Tough season for Lehigh, huh?

:D xnodx

Welcome to Crapsville... aka Easton.

DFW HOYA
October 6th, 2014, 12:44 PM
We've said this many times: Some of Harvard's position players are usually among the best in FCS. For example, this year, DE Hodges. In the past, they have had top TEs, RBs, and QBs. They have the talent to compete, and us guys who have seen Harvard annually and other top FCS teams in the same season see that similar talent exists, but the depth is not there on Harvard.

The Ivy connection to the NFL is often ignored. Sunday's Cowboys-Texans saw head coaches which had each played on Ivy teams (Jason Garrett at Princeton and Bill O'Brien at Brown), and the Texans' starting QB was Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
The Ivy connection to the NFL is often ignored. Sunday's Cowboys-Texans saw head coaches which had each played on Ivy teams (Jason Garrett at Princeton and Bill O'Brien at Brown), and the Texans' starting QB was Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Yep, and I'll follow-up... it's fair to rank them 20-25 and even in the high teens, but anything beyond that is speculation because they don't play anybody from a top conference.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 12:48 PM

As has been said on another thread when someone was talking about the NFL worthiness of their players, it means nothing.

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 12:49 PM

The Citadel has two starters in the NFL. Cortez Allen cornerback for the Steelers and Andre Roberts Wide Receiver for the REDSKINS so what is your point?

Sader87
October 6th, 2014, 12:51 PM
The Citadel has two starters in the NFL. Cortez Allen cornerback for the Steelers and Andre Roberts Wide Receiver for the REDSKINS so what is your point?

That the Steelers and Redskins must suck....xdrunkyx

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 12:51 PM
:D xnodx

Welcome to Crapsville... aka Easton.

I'm just giving "World" a hard time since he used to post under the username "The Fan" -- the most ridiculous and irrational poster in, perhaps, AGS' history, he also happened to be a Lehigh / Spadola fan.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm just giving "World" a hard time since he used to post under the username "The Fan" -- the most ridiculous and irrational poster in, perhaps, AGS' history, he also happened to be a Lehigh / Spadola fan.

Are you sure? That guy was very unhinged and World just isn't as big an asshole.

JSUBison
October 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM

Well your campaigning is showing some results. Yale and Harvard were 26 and 27 in this week's poll. They should crack the top 25 next week. By the way, I ranked SEMO AND Alcorn in my top 25, but not Yale or Harvard.

Catbooster
October 6th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Really? I wouldn't have guessed it. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but then again, it was hard to miss "The Fan's" antics. Ridiculous and irrational is putting it mildly, but he was also entertaining, in an odd way (and in a laugh at him, not with him way).

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Really? I wouldn't have guessed it. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but then again, it was hard to miss "The Fan's" antics. Ridiculous and irrational is putting it mildly, but he was also entertaining, in an odd way (and in a laugh at him, not with him way).

I won't believe it until he threatens to sue someone.

PAllen
October 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM

He was for Lehigh what Citdog has become for The Citadel. Always talking, often ignored, sometimes funny, always a bit annoying.

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM
He was for Lehigh what Citdog has become for The Citadel. Always talking, often ignored, sometimes funny, always a bit annoying.

So he's a typical le high poster?

Go Green
October 6th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Yale and Harvard were 26 and 27 in this week's poll. They should crack the top 25 next week.

You think that a 3-1 Yale team will crack the top 25?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Not gonna lie. If you're really working hard to rank 20-25, you're doing way more work than I am.

REALBird
October 6th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Please don't flame me, but I hate to ask a question that's likely been asked before and one that may be a sensitive topic but here goes. Is it just a matter of pride that you guys want to see a number beside your name? If the Ivies aren't playing in the FCS playoffs and the ranking isn't used for potential playoff seeding/slotting........not sure what the number does other than provide some barometer of how others view you.

Seems that notion of what others think about you went out the window with the decision of not playing in post-season, therefore I am left to surmise it's reeks of insecurity from a population who has separated themselves academically and athletically, but still wants to be "one of the guys" at the end of the day.

Honestly, I am not flaming. Just damn curious how you guys view the whole ranking vs. being "Ivies" who don't want to be a part of playoff football.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2014, 03:02 PM

Whatever. You lost to San Diego, so suck it.

bulldog10jw
October 6th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Please don't flame me, but I hate to ask a question that's likely been asked before and one that may be a sensitive topic but here goes. Is it just a matter of pride that you guys want to see a number beside your name? If the Ivies aren't playing in the FCS playoffs and the ranking isn't used for potential playoff seeding/slotting........not sure what the number does other than provide some barometer of how others view you.

Seems that notion of what others think about you went out the window with the decision of not playing in post-season, therefore I am left to surmise it's reeks of insecurity from a population who has separated themselves academically and athletically, but still wants to be "one of the guys" at the end of the day.

Honestly, I am not flaming. Just damn curious how you guys view the whole ranking vs. being "Ivies" who don't want to be a part of playoff football.

I don't think any IL fan on this site has ever lobbied for or cared if any of our teams were ranked. Like many others besides you have said, what good does it do us.

However, I assume that if one of our teams was ranked and was beaten by a PL or NEC team especially, that would help them, so it could be in the interest of the teams in those conferences to see our teams ranked, if deserved.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 03:19 PM
So it should be called the "Playoff Eligible Top 25", then, and you should not rank IL, SWAC teams.

And you can't say that Lehigh, at 0-4, is lobbying for any sort of at-large consideration this season. It's one of fairness, and consistency.

I have a big problem when an FCS Top 25 does not actually have the Top 25 teams in it.

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 03:35 PM

Citdog and NoDak on the way to Fargodome

PAllen
October 6th, 2014, 03:37 PM
So it should be called the "Playoff Eligible Top 25", then, and you should not rank IL, SWAC teams.

And you can't say that Lehigh, at 0-4, is lobbying for any sort of at-large consideration this season. It's one of fairness, and consistency.

I have a big problem when an FCS Top 25 does not actually have the Top 25 teams in it.

Agreed. It plays on the same mentality most SEC fans have: Our conference is far superior to everyone else's, so our strength of schedule is far superior to anyone else's, and therefore, only our teams should be considered for the best in the nation. Yale and Harvard have not proven that they are top ten teams yet, but they are certainly better than Sam Houston State or many MVFC teams that are receiving votes simply because they play and lose "tough" games.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 03:39 PM

Yet your Patriot League circle jerk is what?

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2014, 03:40 PM

Would have also accepted Holocaust rail car* for citdog....

*too soon?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Would have also accepted Holocaust rail car* for citdog....

*too soon?

He actually made that joke to me talking about his train ride and the fact that we were in a German themed bar.

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2014, 03:44 PM
He actually made that joke to me talking about his train ride and the fact that we were in a German themed bar.

I know...I was there. haha

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I know...I was there. haha

Yeah, I wasn't sure how loud he was saying it though.

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure how loud he was saying it though.

Yeah, I remember the conversation. I actually think someone cracked the joke first because he was going to go smoke outside the fence. (Clenz or one of the Montana guys?)

UNH Fanboi
October 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
The obsession of some PL fans with the Ivy League is just sad. You think that because you guys play a few games against the Ivy League, some of their prestige will rub off on you. I hate to break it to you, but nobody else gives a ****. At least a majority the PL presidents were smart enough to realize that copying the Ivy League's "non-scholarship" charade wasn't fooling anybody.

I could care less about Ivy League football until they join the playoffs. Distinguishing between teams in polls is hard enough with the limited amount of inter-conference play that we currently have, but with Ivy League teams it's a complete crapshoot.

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 03:54 PM
The obsession of some PL fans with the Ivy League is just sad. You think that because you guys play a few games against the Ivy League, some of their prestige will rub off on you. I hate to break it to you, but nobody else gives a ****. At least a majority the PL presidents were smart enough to realize that copying the Ivy League's "non-scholarship" charade wasn't fooling anybody.

I could care less about Ivy League football until they join the playoffs. Distinguishing between teams in polls is hard enough with the limited amount of inter-conference play that we currently have, but with Ivy League teams it's a complete crapshoot.

+1

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 04:11 PM

You are allowed to not care about IL football, but are you voting on a Top 25 of Playoff-eligible teams or a Top 25 of top teams in the land, where wins against FBS teams are supposed to matter - or at least they are if they are you or a conference-mate's?

Houndawg
October 6th, 2014, 04:23 PM
You are allowed to not care about IL football, but are you voting on a Top 25 of Playoff-eligible teams or a Top 25 of top teams in the land, where wins against FBS teams are supposed to matter - or at least they are if they are you or a conference-mate's?

They're the same thing for the Top 15-20 usually.xcoffeex

RichH2
October 6th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I have little doubt that Harvard,Yale and Princeton are very good and talented squads. They probably could do well competing against most of the current Top 25. Given the IL's very limited to those teams it is virtually impossible to gauge where or if they should be ranked. Some IL teams are starting to schedule up somewhat while others are limiting schedules to local NE teams. Until such time,if ever, that IL adds a game to broaden their OOC or decides to participate in the playoffs,I fail to see any urgency or basis to rank them. In some yrs,it may be warranted for a particular IL team that has shown on the field its worth in OOC competition to get ranked. Yale this did schedule a seemingly tougher OOC and the win over Army s/b given weight. Enuf to put them at the rear of Top 25. As a league,IL appears to be retreating more into a parochial OOC.

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 04:50 PM

Ours does and neither of the teams you want to schmeckle nuzzle were in it.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 6th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Have we gone back in time to the early 1900's? Because I am totally hanging with Tom Shervlin.

I think that Army would finish in the top 10 of the FCS.

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Have we gone back in time to the early 1900's? Because I am totally hanging with Tom Shervlin.

hudson high sucks

bulldog10jw
October 6th, 2014, 05:39 PM

Tom Shevlin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Shevlin

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 6th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Tom Shevlin

And I knew that. I just didn't bother to double-check because I smelled pork chops.

He was a character of the high order.

- - - Updated - - -

hudson high sucks

Their policies do, but their football team looks good.

Bill
October 6th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Their policies do, but their football team looks good.

Knight - not trying to be a wise a$$ here, but compared to what? The low end of FBS, or the middle of the road FCS?

saxbison
October 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM

Why do ivy league schools refuse to play the top level schools? I would love to see a top school vs EWU, NDSU, Villinova etc.

UNH Fanboi
October 6th, 2014, 06:38 PM

Ivies should be included in the polls as they are currently constituted, but I just find it hard to care about Ivies being snubbed in the polls. Polls are interesting to me to the extent that they are a proxy for discussing or predicting who will or should make the playoffs. If a playoff eligible team is getting snubbed in the polls, then that matters because that may affect whether that team will get an at-large bid or their seeding. If an Ivy team is getting snubbed, then it's just a matter of bragging rights, which I don't really care about.

UNH Fanboi
October 6th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Why do ivy league schools refuse to play the top level schools? I would love to see a top school vs EWU, NDSU, Villinova etc.

Penn played a very tough game against Nova the year they won the championship, but matchups like that are becoming much less common.

Go Green
October 6th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Ivies should be included in the polls as they are currently constituted, but I just find it hard to care about Ivies being snubbed in the polls. Polls are interesting to me to the extent that they are a proxy for discussing or predicting who will or should make the playoffs. . . . . If an Ivy team is getting snubbed, then it's just a matter of bragging rights, which I don't really care about.

The media agrees with you.

There was a time when the Ivy champ could go undefeated in league play, and beat a Holy Cross and a small schools division team like UMass or UConn, and be considered in the top 15 in ALL of college football and a Lambert Trophy.

Today, if an Ivy team runs the table in league, and takes down two PL teams, and a PFL/NEC team... it gets us #15 in the FCS and #4 in the Lambert.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Tom Shevlin

Great stuff.

As exemplified in his purchase of the $15,000 French automobile and hiring the world's champion hammer thrower as a trainer, Shevlin developed a reputation as a free spender. He was known for his "flashy clothes and his loud manner" and for being "a bit wild" in his four years at Yale.[18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Shevlin#cite_note-Swash-18) The New Haven Register wrote that, even at a school attended by the country's elites, Shevlin had set a record for spending:

"He is credited with having spent more money than any undergrad ever spent in the course of a year, $17,000 is the figure given. He bought everything -- flowers, taxicabs, autos (they were just coming in when Tom was in college), clothes (and such clothes!), jewelry, canes, dinners, and their accompaniments -- there wasn't a thing that was untouched by Tom's versatile and seemingly bottomless purse."[18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Shevlin#cite_note-Swash-18)
Shevlin did not spend only on himself. He reportedly helped "many a poor fellow, struggling to get an education," sometimes anonymously leaving $1000 on the desk of a classmate in need.[18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Shevlin#cite_note-Swash-18)

Think Manziel with a conscience.

heath
October 6th, 2014, 07:26 PM
That the Steelers and Redskins must suck....xdrunkyx
Yup, pretty much............and that is coming from a Steelers fan. Now I understand part of the problem when you have a CB from there.xsmhx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 09:24 PM
The media agrees with you.

There was a time when the Ivy champ could go undefeated in league play, and beat a Holy Cross and a small schools division team like UMass or UConn, and be considered in the top 15 in ALL of college football and a Lambert Trophy.

Today, if an Ivy team runs the table in league, and takes down two PL teams, and a PFL/NEC team... it gets us #15 in the FCS and #4 in the Lambert.

That used to be the case. Now, Yale could run the table in the league and upset an FBS team, one of maybe five or six schools to do so, and still be ranked 15... if they're lucky.

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Yup, pretty much............and that is coming from a Steelers fan. Now I understand part of the problem when you have a CB from there.xsmhx

Well Heath your lack of knowledge about your Steelers is only exceeded by your lack of knowledge of FCS Football which I didn't think was even possible. Cortez is the best DB you have. Here are his stats so far this season.
TAC UA A Sacks FF FR YDS INT Yards AVG Long TD PD STF STFY KB

2014 Regular Season

Get to know Cortez Allen your Steelers just signed him to a contract extension.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/14109.png&w=350&h=254

#28 CB
6' 1", 196 lbs
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers)

Oct 29, 1988 in San Diego, CA (Age: 25)

2011: 4th Rnd, 128th by PIT

4The Citadel

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 09:32 PM
That used to be the case. Now, Yale could run the table in the league and upset an FBS team, one of maybe five or six schools to do so, and still be ranked 15... if they're lucky.

Are there 20 teams that would be betting favorites over Yale?

MVFC - 8 probably
CAA - 4 easy
BSC - 3-4 probably
SLC - ??
SoCon - 1
Patriot - 1
OVC - 2

About 20 teams who'd be favored to win against them. Have no problem with them 17-25..

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 09:35 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/08/08b5ec6dc4497f0e9153ed10a82424421c62cb6e3cb4cce60f 3e26159d5e278a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Are there 20 teams that would be betting favorites over Yale?

MVFC - 8 probably
CAA - 4 easy
BSC - 3-4 probably
SLC - ??
SoCon - 1
Patriot - 1
OVC - 2

About 20 teams who'd be favored to win against them. Have no problem with them 17-25..

VMI would beat yale

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 09:37 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/08/08b5ec6dc4497f0e9153ed10a82424421c62cb6e3cb4cce60f 3e26159d5e278a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

VMI would beat yale

At least we don't blame our losses on refs...

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 09:40 PM
At least we don't blame our losses on refs...

le high would have to BE in a game for a victory to be STOLEN from them.

RichH2
October 6th, 2014, 10:05 PM
98. Letting yourself get trolled.citdog is often humorous and at times astute. He gets tiresome in his endless trolling of Lehigh and PL Think he stops by when he gets bored. Given the sad state of Citadel football,imagine we'll see a lot of him.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 10:07 PM
When Chatty plays the Citadel later this year, it's going to be a real challenge to root for an outcome.

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 10:09 PM
98. Letting yourself get trolled.citdog is often humorous and at times astute. He gets tiresome in his endless trolling of Lehigh and PL Think he stops by when he gets bored. Given the sad state of Citadel football,imagine we'll see a lot of him.

So sad we didn't have the chance to fire kevin higgins.

- - - Updated - - -

When Chatty plays the Citadel later this year, it's going to be a real challenge to root for an outcome.

You'll post something about it like 5 days after the game.

Bill
October 6th, 2014, 10:49 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/14109.png&w=350&h=254

#28 CB
6' 1", 196 lbs
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers)

4The Citadel

Didn't former Lehigh Coach Kevin Higgins and the fine undergraduate education of The Citadel help Mr. Allen get this far?xnodx

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 10:54 PM
xlolx Love the trolling of Lehigh. Eh, citdog has an opinion of the Ivy and PL... you don't have to agree with it, but there is no point in trying to convert him... everyone has an opinion that is rooted in some form of reality, and there is more than one form of reality.

bonarae
October 7th, 2014, 12:10 AM
The trolling has gone too far... sheesh... I think I'm still not ready to transfer or even share my loyalty to/with ETSU. At least citdog hasn't put the Bucs to test yet, maybe come spring 2015, he may...

on topic: Yale was on my outside looking in, Harvard somewhere in the 30's (IMO).

Lehigh'98
October 7th, 2014, 06:32 AM

I prefer to troll the trolls😘 I get his Schtick, find it funny. also think he has a screw loose.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Think Manziel with a conscience.

When did Tom Shevlin sell his autograph in college?

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer to troll the trolls I get his Schtick, find it funny. also think he has a screw loose.

If we must have trolls (and the internet will have them), at least let the trolls be funny and witty.

Citdog is both.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2014, 12:06 PM
When did Tom Shevlin sell his autograph in college?

- - - Updated - - -

If we must have trolls (and the internet will have them), at least let the trolls be funny and witty.

Citdog is both.

That's dangerous because it creates an aura of charisma, and sheep flock to charisma.

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 12:13 PM
That's dangerous because it creates an aura of charisma, and sheep flock to charisma.

BBAAAAA

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2014, 12:15 PM

Life is dangerous and if other people cannot be their own personalities, then I laugh at their lack of spinal fortitude and I will say a prayer for them.

Lehigh'98
October 7th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Life is dangerous and if other people cannot be their own personalities, then I laugh at their lack of spinal fortitude and I will say a prayer for them.

Please direct all prayers to the thread about Liberty Football.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Please direct all prayers to the thread about Liberty Football.

If this site receives government funding, I am claiming 1st Amendment rights. xthumbsupx

heath
October 7th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Well Heath your lack of knowledge about your Steelers is only exceeded by your lack of knowledge of FCS Football which I didn't think was even possible. Cortez is the best DB you have. Here are his stats so far this season.
TAC UA A Sacks FF FR YDS INT Yards AVG Long TD PD STF STFY KB

2014 Regular Season

#28 CB
6' 1", 196 lbs

4The Citadel

Looks to me like he is the corner getting picked on. Throwing away from the old man Taylor. Honestly if you are a Steeler fan, you are disappointed with many. Never challenge me on Steeler history or love for the team, it out does your love for that disappointing FCS team.

Green26
October 11th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Oops, check that. Substitute Dartmouth for Yale in the thread title. Go Big Green.

Go Green
October 11th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Oops, check that. Substitute Dartmouth for Yale in the thread title. Go Big Green.

One of the best wins Dartmouth has had in a while. We may pick up votes this week.

Still a lot of football to be played. Yale was the better team for the first half.