PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 7

carney2
October 4th, 2014, 04:17 PM
The winner has been determined, but now things get serious for everyone else.

BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH

HOLY CROSS @ Brown

Penn @ FORDHAM

Princeton @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE

Game of the Week:

Bucknell @ Lehigh - The s#!t browns say this is a BIG game to save the season, whatever that means. Bucky needs to prove that he has a team after that Bryant fiasco.

bonarae
October 4th, 2014, 04:20 PM
BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH

HOLY CROSS @ Brown

Penn @ FORDHAM

Princeton @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 05:40 PM
It's now mid-season but we already know that only one team will be heading towards the FCS playoffs. There exists no calculable prospect of a Patsy at-large this year. Sad, but true, to have to come to this conclusion so early. L-L will have their "look at me" game on November 22 but neither will be playing for the brass ring - or even a plastic one. Most others seem to be playing merely for the sake of the head coach's job. A wretched circumstance but such often is life in the Patriot League.

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2014, 05:42 PM
It's now mid-season but we already know that only one team will be heading towards the FCS playoffs. There exists no calculable prospect of a Patsy at-large this year. Sad, but true, to have to come to this conclusion so early. L-L will have their "look at me" game on November 22 but neither will be playing for the brass ring - or even a plastic one. Most others seem to be playing merely for the sake of the head coach's job. A wretched circumstance but such often is life in the Patriot League.

So give us your picks, already.xrotatehx

van
October 4th, 2014, 05:43 PM

Fraid so, and I might need to borrow your bag.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 05:50 PM
So give us your picks, already.xrotatehx

Oh, Ivy - it's WAY to soon for that. Gotta have at least three or four pages of pseudointellectual Capoeira even to begin to think about such a thing. xsmhx

FordhamFan
October 5th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Hey Lehigh peeps, any chance you guys get it done hosting Bucknell? Not really sure how good either team is right now. I feel like Lehigh can't be as bad as their record, and everything I thought I knew about Bucknell I'm kind of questioning. What say you guys?

Skyhawk71
October 5th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Bucknell @ Lehigh
Holy Cross @ Brown
Penn @ Fordham
Princeton @ Colgate
Georgetown @ Lafayette

ColgateTD
October 5th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Change the subject dep't:

Sacred Heart smacks Delaware?
Stony Brook beats Towson??
Dayton in 5 OTs over Davidson, 54-48 ??

Just some of the head scratching events of yesterday. What has become of the FSC?...or Div - IA for we older gents.

RichH2
October 5th, 2014, 10:11 AM
ALERT Some pseudo intellectual claptrap to follow:
LU has been beset by a nonexisrent D and numerous injuries. Are we as bad as we seem? Yes. Deceptively so. OOC opponents are 13-5. JMU the only one at 500 beat undefeated Albany yesterday. BU match this week ,a perfect barometer for LU. If staff can get D to adequate ,we will do fine in conference.
Know I will go homer and pick LU. Rest of picks can wait.

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Not a Colgate lover (and I even make a point of using Crest), but for the love of Pete Lembo... please beat the crap out of the "a loss is unacceptable" Tigers. Fordham will be doing its part by pasting Penn. Penn might only win three games at this rate (Cornell, Brown, Columbia).

Bucknell vs. Lehigh should be entertaining. I'd rather go to this game than Gtown-Lafayette, but I already have my tickets.

It's somewhat depressing that after one week of PL play, the league title is more or less decided. I do give Bucknell a bit of a chance vs. Fordham though.

Engineer86
October 5th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Hey Lehigh peeps, any chance you guys get it done hosting Bucknell? Not really sure how good either team is right now. I feel like Lehigh can't be as bad as their record, and everything I thought I knew about Bucknell I'm kind of questioning. What say you guys?

IMO we are definitely better than the record. LU seemed like the better team on the field against JMU and Monmouth. I did not see the Yale game and UNH is just better. Based on the lack of heart shown against Monmouth, I see that as the biggest hurdle the coaching staff faces. This team is now a true test of the quality of our coaching staff. Yes the talent is down, but the Monmouth game was about a lack of heart and it seems the poor start has had an impact.

While I do expect LU to bounce back, BU's loss yesterday has to sting and they will be up for this game. I expect a great game. My pick is LU off the bye week I think the staff can turn things around.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2014, 11:21 AM
One game at a time.

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Lehigh (what the heck)
Holy Cross
Fordham
Princeton (sorry, Tiger haters)
Lafayette

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I don't know... Lehigh's 600 yard per game on defense average and what I saw against Monmouth sure leads me to believe they are deserving of 0-4.

RichH2
October 5th, 2014, 12:42 PM
I don't know... Lehigh's 600 yard per game on defense average and what I saw against Monmouth sure leads me to believe they are deserving of 0-4.
Yup,little doubt of that. 3 woulda,coulda,shoulda games and 1 stomping. D gets even a little better and we have a shot. It doen't a lot of close high scoring games,win a few lose most.

Engineer86
October 5th, 2014, 01:17 PM

True, but that should say something to all the NEC chest pounding. There is little for the east coast to be proud of.

heath
October 5th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Not a Colgate lover (and I even make a point of using Crest), but for the love of Pete Lembo... please beat the crap out of the "a loss is unacceptable" Tigers. Fordham will be doing its part by pasting Penn. Penn might only win three games at this rate (Cornell, Brown, Columbia).

Bucknell vs. Lehigh should be entertaining. I'd rather go to this game than Gtown-Lafayette, but I already have my tickets.

It's somewhat depressing that after one week of PL play, the league title is more or less decided. I do give Bucknell a bit of a chance vs. Fordham though.
Go to Goodman until end of 3rd. Take a cab or have a DD ready to head to Easton for your match up. 3 quarters might be enough for all of us, if Lehigh can't stop CJ Williams.
LU
HC
Fordham
Princeton
LC

UAalum72
October 5th, 2014, 02:19 PM
True, but that should say something to all the NEC chest pounding. There is little for the east coast to be proud of.

How does this relate to the NEC? Monmouth is in the Big South now.

carney2
October 5th, 2014, 04:21 PM

Not a Lehigh "peep." Not a Lehigh anything unless you count me as a Lehigh hater for one week of each year. (Two weeks this year because Lafayette has a bye the week before #150.) As P4L points out, the Squawks' D is giving up somewhere near an unheard of 600 yds. per game. Will the week off help? Probably, but that is one heluva hole to fill. So.

how good is Lehigh? Pretty bad.

how good is Bucknell? Still an unknown, but most give them a lot less regard after that Bryant thing.

Who wins? Lehigh has stated up and down the line that this is THE make or break game for 2014. Bucknell is an enigma. Still, the Buckies have C.J. Williams and some bodies on offense. And all you need are bodies to move the ball against the phantom D. To me it's a pick 'em, but if either team wins big it will be Bucknell.

Oh yeah, this would be, as hinted, a great doubleheader day. But the geniuses at Lafayette (is CBS in the mix for this?) opted for an unheard of 3:30 start.

carney2
October 5th, 2014, 06:44 PM
BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH – The Undiestains have too much to win/lose. Not so much for Bucky.

HOLY CROSS @ Brown – No firm opinion one way or the other. Going with the home team.

Penn @ FORDHAM – Bagnoli is going out with a whimper and not a bang.

Princeton @ COLGATE – The ‘gaters are unmasked.

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE – Should not be competitive, but…

citdog
October 5th, 2014, 07:29 PM
What a steaming pile of excrement is the patsy league schedule this week! le high headed for 0-5! HILARIOUS considering the "gauntlet talk" of the preseason. Do y'all really want the 150th televised? It can only hurt recruiting for kids to see how bad you are.

RichH2
October 5th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Hahahaha, citdog bored stopping by to troll. Sunday nite not prime time.

Engineer86
October 5th, 2014, 08:31 PM
What a steaming pile of excrement is the patsy league schedule this week! le high headed for 0-5! HILARIOUS considering the "gauntlet talk" of the preseason. Do y'all really want the 150th televised? It can only hurt recruiting for kids to see how bad you are.

As bad as our start is, I would love a televised game against a weak military school from a southern league that USED to be a power conference. Roll your line in little puppy. You are starting to expose your pathetic bias again. Look at your own team and league if your really want to see overrated and weak.

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2014, 08:47 PM
"We have to be ready to defend our home field this week," Tavani said. "Georgetown is a nemesis; they always seem to play their very best against us."

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/mc-lafayette-fordham-football-follow-1004-20141004-story.html

ngineer
October 5th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Hahahaha, citdog bored stopping by to troll. Sunday nite not prime time.

Just one of his 57 shades of "Grey".

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2014, 10:11 PM
"We have to be ready to defend our home field this week," Tavani said. "Georgetown is a nemesis

All of Bogie's hard work promoting this rivalry is starting to pay off.

ngineer
October 5th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I think Holy Cross HAS to beat Brown. I f not , 'saders might not win a game. Pujols unleashes and 'saders win 35-10

Quackers get Rammed each way from Sunday. Fordham, 45-14

Colgate will not match up well with the Tigers. Princeton starts showing its stripes, 33-14

Hoyas have a good D. Spotted Pudendums feeling their way without Drew, Hoyas should focus on 'pard TB. Going with LC only because of home field and that they televise their games. LC, 27-24

Yes, this is a must win for Lehigh. It is a new season with all the league games in front of them. One has to think something has been done on defense to improve the schemes in order to use the talent they have. I keep wondering if they would risk putting in a new 4-3 over these two weeks, because the personnel just doesn't work up front for the current 3-4. I doubt such a drastic move will be made, but something has to be done. With a modest amount of more defense and LU can win any game left on the schedule, with only Fordham being a clear favorite. The front seven have to stop Williams and pressure Nitti. The offense will do its thing, and this time it will be enough. LU, 38-24.

jimbo65
October 6th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Lehigh over Bucknell. I am just not used to picking against Lehigh but probably should have for this one.

HC over Brown

Fordham smashes Penn

Colgate over Princeton, see Lehigh comment.

LaFayette over Gtown

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 08:49 AM
BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH – The Undiestains have too much to win/lose. Not so much for Bucky.

HOLY CROSS @ Brown – No firm opinion one way or the other. Going with the home team.

Penn @ FORDHAM – Bagnoli is going out with a whimper and not a bang.

Princeton @ COLGATE – The ‘gaters are unmasked.

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE – Should not be competitive, but…

Gate would've been unmasked vs Holy Cross but Gilmore crapped the bed! Cross was hammering Gate up the middle averaging 5.8 yds per carry and with the LEAD in the 4th Q, Gilmore runs the ball TWICE the entire quarter!!!!

When will the Saders wake up and run him out of Worcester?????

ColgateTD
October 6th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Gate would've been unmasked vs Holy Cross but Gilmore crapped the bed! Cross was hammering Gate up the middle averaging 5.8 yds per carry and with the LEAD in the 4th Q, Gilmore runs the ball TWICE the entire quarter!!!!

When will the Saders wake up and run him out of Worcester?????

Thanks to TG. We'll take all the opponent's strategy we can get.

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Re-post from Crossports about how I saw HC - Colgate unfold...

Today's loss was a combination of Pujals and the offensive playing calling, IMHO.

Pujals made three really bad decisions in the red zone. 1) Interception #1, where the pass was intended for Raymond. Seemed like he made up his mind that Raymond would be open prior to the play, and threw it despite the Colgate LB dropping back into coverage. 2) Throwing to JWiz in the endzone, rather than using his legs to pick up a big chunk of yards. He had the edge. 3) Interception thrown into double coverage, which would prove to be the final offensive play of the game for HC.

However, I do have to wonder why HC was passing in these situations. They were running the ball at will on Colgate all game, picking up nearly six yards per attempt.

Here's the drive chart from HC's second to last possession of the game:

http://s2.excoboard.com/forums/5517/user/284949/530779.jpg

Eight straight runs resulting in 42 yards and three first downs.

Next play: incomplete pass.
Next play: incomplete pass, fortunately there was pass interference on Colgate.
Next play: Interception.

Makes me scratch my head.

Last drive of the game:

http://s2.excoboard.com/forums/5517/user/284949/530780.jpg

Ten plays for 51 yards with five plays on the ground and through the air. Ran the ball for 37 yards on the drive.

I don't understand the decision to pass the ball on both 2nd and 5 and 3rd and 5.

Disappointing.

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Gilmore is a terrible game day coach. TERRIBLE!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 09:36 AM
If one of those two passes were not forced we wouldn't be having this conversation. Also, these were great individual plays by the Colgate DBs.

Bill
October 6th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'm up to 25-8 on the year after a stellar 4-0 week.

Bucknell @ LEHIGH - I know I should pick Bucknell, but I did actually attend Lehigh. I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....Lehigh, 56-52

HOLY CROSS @ Brown - Please Tom, make the drive back to MA a pleasant one. HC, 23-20

Penn @ FORDHAM - Fordham in a beat down in the boogie down, 41-14

Princeton @ COLGATE. Ooh. I think this is the toughest call of the week. My inside sources say Princeton will be ready for this one....but it is in the Chenengo Valley. Colgate 17-14 in the friendly confines of Andy Kerr

Georgetown @ LAFAYETTE. No FIOS problems, so I think the Laughing Leopards will take this one with ease...or will they? Frankosauri, 27-10.

PAllen
October 6th, 2014, 10:13 AM
BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH

HOLY CROSS @ Brown

Penn @ FORDHAM

Princeton @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE

+1

Bogus Megapardus
October 6th, 2014, 10:17 AM
"Georgetown is a nemesis."

Yes! Now even frank Tavani is catching on to what has become the Great Lafayette-Georgetown (non)Rivalry! Someday Georgetown fans will take the important step from total insouciance to apathy - and maybe even up to indifference or all the way to non-concern - towards this important annual matchup. Then all of the time, effort and irksome snark will be worth it!

I will erect a monument to commemorate the first Georgetown fan to prove that he or she actually once considered locating Lafayette College on a map. Google maps count. So does GPS. Map of France or of Middle-Earth? You can have a second chance.

Gater
October 6th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure if Holy Cross would have won the game scoring one more time. Colgate ran the ball for the final 7:35 of the game. I'm not sure what Holy Cross would have done differently to stop that drive. Colgate won the statistical battle--yards, time of possession, turnovers but Holy Cross' strength was running the ball and they abandoned it and that cost them any shot at winning the game. Colgate plays to win. Holy Cross plays to put Colgate away. I am always amazed by it. Colgate is methodical against Holy Cross and Holy Cross always goes for big plays--instead of just picking up first downs--which the HC running game was doing. I feel like TG almost gets more excited as the game goes on and what's more exciting than throwing the ball?! It would drive me nuts if I were a HC fan.

Thought HC had the best O-line Colgate has faced all year. PP is a very good QB. Colgate has his number right now but as a Colgate fan, I dread playing him two more years. And yes, Colgate vs. Holy Cross should be the last game of the year.

Good luck to HC the rest of the way.

ColgateTD
October 6th, 2014, 10:24 AM
23-10

Bucknell
Holy Cross
Fordham
Lafayette
Colgate - The Tigers always play big vs. Gate. I've seen Cosmo and Kazmier go thru the Red Raiders D-line for some big yardage. For some reason they have our number. Lotta gadget plays over the years. If this weren't my alma mater I'd go for P'ton.......(but does that make any sense?)

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 10:48 AM
If one of those two passes were not forced we wouldn't be having this conversation. Also, these were great individual plays by the Colgate DBs.

No they were NOT. The 1st one by Russo was thrown right to him RIGHT to him!

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM
No they were NOT. The 1st one by Russo was thrown right to him RIGHT to him!

It was a good play by Russo, who dropped back into coverage. It was clear to me that Pujals thought he'd have a passing lane to get Raymond the ball near the endzone, and he didn't recognize where the linebacker was on the field.

RichH2
October 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Bucknell @ LEHIGH - I know I should pick Bucknell, but I did actually attend Lehigh. I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....Lehigh, 56-52

HOLY CROSS @ Brown - Please Tom, make the drive back to MA a pleasant one. HC, 23-20

Princeton @ COLGATE. Ooh. I think this is the toughest call of the week. My inside sources say Princeton will be ready for this one....but it is in the Chenengo Valley. Colgate 17-14 in the friendly confines of Andy Kerr

Georgetown @ LAFAYETTE. No FIOS problems, so I think the Laughing Leopards will take this one with ease...or will they? Frankosauri, 27-10.
Bill stayed at Holiday Inn Express. Good ' nuf for me. Silly not to go with him.
+1
Oh,25-8 going into this week.

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 10:56 AM
It was a good play by Russo, who dropped back into coverage. It was clear to me that Pujals thought he'd have a passing lane to get Raymond the ball near the endzone, and he didn't recognize where the linebacker was on the field.

11 yes he dropped back into coverage and pujals threw the ball RIGHT to him, if catching a ball thrown right to you is a good play then yes it was. I would argue that armientos made a very good play on the 2nd pic. HOWEVER the original point of this was that Gilmore is a BAD game day coach!!!

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM
HOWEVER the original point of this was that Gilmore is a BAD game day coach!!!

Hard to argue that, especially based on last weekend's game against Colgate.

Boggles the mind HC didn't continue to pound the ground in the second half. Colgate had zero answer for HC's offensive line and Gabe Guild. There was no need to take to the air when HC got into the red zone.

blackbeard
October 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
BUCKNELL
HOLY CROSS
FORDHAM
COLGATE
LAFAYETTE

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 11:27 AM
11 yes he dropped back into coverage and pujals threw the ball RIGHT to him, if catching a ball thrown right to you is a good play then yes it was. I would argue that armientos made a very good play on the 2nd pic. HOWEVER the original point of this was that Gilmore is a BAD game day coach!!!

Armiento's was the one I was thinking of, that was just an excellent individual play. I remember the first one less well but I remember tight coverage by the Colgate DB, even if it was "thrown right at him"

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Armiento's was the one I was thinking of, that was just an excellent individual play. I remember the first one less well but I remember tight coverage by the Colgate DB, even if it was "thrown right at him"

It was Vinny Russo, who's a linebacker. The coverage wasn't right by him. Watch the replay.

carney2
October 6th, 2014, 11:31 AM
It's a pleasure and a relief to have the board talking about the Cross and Colgate instead of Lehigh, Lehigh,...

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Lee-Who?

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 11:42 AM

Was not a db. It was an lb and he was not covering anyone much less covering tight he was standing there and the ball went right into his numbers literaly

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Cross fans where are you at with Gilmore?

Bill
October 6th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Lee-Who?

Hey, don't disparage the South like that....xrotatehx

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Cross fans where are you at with Gilmore?

He's built up plenty of good will at HC -- took over a program that was in total disarray and one of the worst in the country, and had them at 6-5 in just his second season. Had seven consecutive winning seasons, and elevated HC to one of the top programs in the league during this stretch. He graduates his players, and has risen the team GPA from somewhere in the mid-2 range, to around a 3.0. He is a tremendous ambassador for HC.

That said, the results simply haven't been there. He seems to have recruited two good scholarship classes, but HC is on track for their third straight losing season.

My gut tells me he'll be back next year, but you never know. The new AD (Nate Pine) has already parted ways with the men's lacrosse and men's hockey coach. An interesting discussion around the state of the program here: http://s2.excoboard.com/Crossports/33744/2438716

Much of it devolves around Ann McDermott, HC's head of admissions. She is, without question, a hurdle when it comes to getting kids into HC.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Was not a db. It was an lb and he was not covering anyone much less covering tight he was standing there and the ball went right into his numbers literaly

Fair enough. Must be hazy memory. I did watch the game on PLN.

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 11:59 AM
The history explains a lot 11, I would say that all the PL coaches do graduate their kids and boast good gpa's for their teams and most are a least somewhat challenged by admissions So it would seem that his history has helped Gilmore up until now. He just seems to give away way too many games and under achieves with the talent that he brings in

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 12:01 PM
It's a pleasure and a relief to have the board talking about the Cross and Colgate instead of Lehigh, Lehigh,...

When you win people talk. 2010 - 2013. When you suck, they shut up. 2014.

I realize Lafayette doesn't have much experience with the latter, but that is how the football world works.

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Fair enough. Must be hazy memory. I did watch the game on PLN.

Ha, I wish I could tell you my memory was not hazy but it has nothing to do with PLN!

RichH2
October 6th, 2014, 12:19 PM
He's built up plenty of good will at HC -- took over a program that was in total disarray and one of the worst in the country, and had them at 6-5 in just his second season. Had seven consecutive winning seasons, and elevated HC to one of the top programs in the league during this stretch. He graduates his players, and has risen the team GPA from somewhere in the mid-2 range, to around a 3.0. He is a tremendous ambassador for HC.

That said, the results simply haven't been there. He seems to have recruited two good scholarship classes, but HC is on track for their third straight losing season.

My gut tells me he'll be back next year, but you never know. The new AD (Nate Pine) has already parted ways with the men's lacrosse and men's hockey coach. An interesting discussion around the state of the program here: http://s2.excoboard.com/Crossports/33744/2438716

Much of it devolves around Ann McDermott, HC's head of admissions. She is, without question, a hurdle when it comes to getting kids into HC.
Admissions is first problem,TG's game calls a distant 2nd. Tom is a great guy,superb DC,excellent recruiter and a perplexing game coach. A rather long list of recruits throughout PL that were not granted admission to Cross. 2 that I know are solid a C+and a B students. Admissions can be quirky throughout PL and IL. A Q to answer with Cross is how many slots are given to HC each year?

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Admissions is first problem,TG's game calls a distant 2nd. Tom is a great guy,superb DC,excellent recruiter and a perplexing game coach. A rather long list of recruits throughout PL that were not granted admission to Cross. 2 that I know are solid a C+and a B students. Admissions can be quirky throughout PL and IL. A Q to answer with Cross is how many slots are given to HC each year?

No different than Gate! And it his GAME DAY coaching that was terrible!!! NOT the kids on the field!

PAllen
October 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I don't see Gilmore going anywhere for another two years. The new AD might make a move before then, but he's got a pretty good argument going to wait until the scholarships are in full effect. That, combined with his history, might by Gilmore another 3-4 years.

ngineer
October 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM

Send Tom G. back to Lehigh as DC. That is his forte.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 12:40 PM
You guys forget if Gilmore won the Patriot League, Penn would sign him as head coach the day after their season ended.

Now, though, might be hard to justify Gilmore going there. Had Bagnoli retired after the Dom Randolph era...

Sader87
October 6th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Send Tom G. back to Lehigh as DC. That is his forte.

I agree....imo he simply isn't a good head coach in terms of game-planning, decision making etc. He just doesn't seem to have that skill-set. I think he'd be a great DC at the FBS or even NFL-level but for varied reasons: obstinance, losing focus due to temperment etc etc he just isn't a very good head coach at the FCS-level.

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I agree....imo he simply isn't a good head coach in terms of game-planning, decision making etc. He just doesn't seem to have that skill-set. I think he'd be a great DC at the FBS or even NFL-level but for varied reasons: obstinance, losing focus due to temperment etc etc he just isn't a very good head coach at the FCS-level.

He's gone .500 at HC with fewer resources than all schools not named Bucknell and Georgetown, not as many equivalencies as many of the schools, and tougher admissions than Lehigh, Colgate, and Fordham.

He may have plateaued at HC, but I think it's an aggressive and incorrect statement saying "he just isn't a very good head coach" because 2004-2011 says otherwise.

Sader87
October 6th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Quibbling I know....but I'm saying he's not a "very good head coach." Is he a decent head coach? Absolutely, probably one of the bettah defensive coaches in the country if given the players/resources etc. I just don't think he is a very good game-day head coach.....this has become stunningly clear to anyone like you and I who have watched just about every HC play ovah the last 3 seasons.

crusader11
October 6th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Quibbling I know....but I'm saying he's not a "good head coach." Is he a decent head coach? Absolutely, probably one of the bettah defensive coaches in the country if given the players/resources etc. I just don't think he is a very good game-day head coach.....this has become stunningly clear to anyone like you and I who have watched just about every HC play ovah the last 3 seasons.

Don't disagree with this.

Everyone recognizes that HC has begun struggling ever since Dom Randolph graduated (back to back 6-5 seasons, followed by a 2 and 3 win seasons), but what is oft overlooked is Mike Pedone leaving HC. He is, in my opinion, almost just as big of a loss as Randolph.

Chris Pincince invented the spread offense for Randolph.

Pedone continued it, tweaked it, and refined it.

Andy McKenzie, the current OC, has butchered it.

carney2
October 6th, 2014, 01:21 PM
MULTIPLE CHOICE

A Patriot League football program has a penchant for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, has serious problems getting prospective student athletes past the admissions department, and has a head coach who can be an absolute bonehead on game day. That school is

(Choose One)

A. Holy Cross

B. Lafayette

C. Both A. and B.

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 01:28 PM
MULTIPLE CHOICE

A Patriot League football program has a penchant for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, has serious problems getting prospective student athletes past the admissions department, and has a head coach who can be an absolute bonehead on game day. That school is

(Choose One)

A. Holy Cross

B. Lafayette

C. Both A. and B.

I understand your frustration with Frank but I have to vote A. Holy Cross

RichH2
October 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM
He's gone .500 at HC with fewer resources than all schools not named Bucknell and Georgetown, not as many equivalencies as many of the schools, and tougher admissions than Lehigh, Colgate, and Fordham.

He may have plateaued at HC, but I think it's an aggressive and incorrect statement saying "he just isn't a very good head coach" because 2004-2011 says otherwise.
He is a good HC ,just not a game coach. Give him a good OC ,who calls the O during games and Cross would be fine. Well good as could be with your admissions issues.
As a DC,there are few better. As DC his fiery personality is an asset. He can get more out of less than most coaches.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2014, 03:14 PM
23-10

Bucknell
Holy Cross
Fordham
Lafayette
Colgate - The Tigers always play big vs. Gate. I've seen Elias, Bijorklund, Snickenberger, Cosmo and Kazmier go thru the Red Raiders D-line for some big yardage. For some reason they have our number. Lotta gadget plays over the years. If this weren't my alma mater I'd go for P'ton.......(but does that make any sense?)

I hear you. Often a fine game. Lots of history here and it looks like PU wants to shut the door after 2015 to play the Davidsons of the world.

Engineer86
October 6th, 2014, 06:48 PM

We are saving it for a few weeks.

Bogus Megapardus
October 6th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Week 7 Sportsbook:

Lehigh (-3) vs. Bucknell

Brown (-2˝) vs. Holy Cross

Harvard (-30) vs. Cornell

Princeton (-4˝) at Colgate

Fordham (-21) vs. Penn

Yale (-7) vs. Dartmouth

Lafayette (-17) vs. Georgetown

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Wow........Fordham covers that number in the first half. Lean Harvard & Cross to cover as well.

Bill
October 6th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Wow........Fordham covers that number in the first half. Lean Harvard & Cross to cover as well.

30 is a big number for anyone....

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 07:32 PM
It is and Harvard sometimes lets off the gas, but Cornell has just been awful the last few yrs. like Fordham much more though

Gangtackle11
October 6th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Bucknell @ Lehigh
Holy Cross @ Brown
Penn @ Fordham
Princeton @ Colgate
Georgetown @ Lafayette

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2014, 07:43 PM
30 is a big number for anyone....

True, and Cornell used to give Harvard fits in football. I think Harvard wins by 17-20.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2014, 08:54 PM

Fordham should absolutely crush Penn. Bags might be going out with his worst team...

I wouldn't have much faith in HC right now. They seem destined to lose another close one....

ngineer
October 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I think the Leotards will beat Georgetown, but 17 points is a decent margin. Hoyas seem to have been playing decent D and could keep it closer.

TheValleyRaider
October 6th, 2014, 09:06 PM
4-0 last week, 25-8 for the year

Bucknell at Lehigh Lehigh Playing a hunch that the Hawks are better than they've shown, and that Bucknell struggles to bounce back on the road

Holy Cross at Brown Brown Speaking of teams struggling to bounce back on the road, Bruno is usually too consistent to feel good picking against them

Pennsylvania at Fordham Fordham This could have been fun with the Penn of old. Instead, it looks like one the Rams should win comfortably.

Princeton at Colgate Colgate Tigers' claim to fame this year is beating Columbia and Davidson? Okay. Hunt looks to stay perfect at home.

Georgetown at Lafayette Lafayette Never feel confident picking for or against Lafayette...

The Boogie Down
October 6th, 2014, 10:13 PM

All solid picks, but the one in bold? Pure genius.
1) Bucknell is better but 5th time is the charm. Got Brown in this one.
2) The other Brown won't be so lucky. Saders play a solid 4.
3) Can't say it better than Mr. Bill. Mess with the Ram, get the horns.
4) Gonna stray from Mr. Bill and pick le tigre.
5) Cougars big. Hope no one accuses them of running up the score.

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 10:56 PM
As much as I want to go with Colgate, reading about Holy Cross' exposure of Gate run D is not reassuring given Princeton's read-option attack.

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Lehigh... o/u 599.5 yards on defense.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2014, 11:05 PM
LOL @ Cougars

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Lafayette may not break 4,000 on attendance this week. It's fall break. So in essence, there are only three home games while school is in session. Just wonderful. More AD leadership...

Fordham
October 6th, 2014, 11:12 PM
i think we'll win but I don't know if we'll cover. My take on us this year v last is that we're ultra focused on the PL (after the beat down at 'Nova) but not sure that we give a crap otherwise. Just a relative outsiders take ...

Fwiw, I think with the right coach there are several PL teams ... and HC is right in the mix ... that could be among the best in FCS.

Southsider
October 7th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Lafayette may not break 4,000 on attendance this week. It's fall break. So in essence, there are only three home games while school is in session. Just wonderful. More AD leadership...

Is LU on break too? Drove out Packer Ave yesterday around 3:30 and it was pretty quiet. If so, 4k may be a stretch at Goodman as well.

RichH2
October 7th, 2014, 07:56 AM
We are saving it for a few weeks.

Is LU on break too? Drove out Packer Ave yesterday around 3:30 and it was pretty quiet. If so, 4k may be a stretch at Goodman as well.
Pacing break, classes start tomorrow.

PAllen
October 7th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Lehigh... o/u 599.5 yards on defense.

Over

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Mismanaging football home games for attendance is not a unique Patriot League trait.

One thing that is near-impossible to do is to coordinate Penn State games and Lehigh/Lafayette/Bucknell home games, because the FBS schools frequently don't know themselves until their broadcast TV overlords tell them when they will be playing. Though I would have preferred that Lehigh's and Penn State's bye weeks weren't at the same time.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Incidentally, Katy Perry.

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2324712/katybear.0.gif

Cheating on the Hawk is unacceptable.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 11:12 AM
This graphic makes me sick.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzW1DfyCQAEBFda.jpg:large

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 11:18 AM

Maybe if they tried different colors . . .

PAllen
October 7th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Defense? We don't need no stinking Defense! Well, maybe we do, but we don't have any.

And yeah, a color change might be in order.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Where does JMU, UNH, Yale and Monmouth rank offensively? Lehigh's defense is bad but those numbers also reflect some really good offenses....

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 11:40 AM

You guys want to do random pictures, do ya? Huh? Do ya?

We can do that. How about Peyton Manning and his tag-along little sister, Eli, standing guard in front of the Bourger Frankosaurium against an invasion of Katy Perry wannabes . . .

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dv09dd.jpg

RichH2
October 7th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Massey
Gate 28-27
Cross 18-17
FU. 38-17
LU. 31-28
LC. 31-14
Bassett
80-90%
FU. 38.5-24.5
LC. 28-21
70-80
Brown. 24.5-14
60-70
LU. 31.5-24.5
Pr. 35-31.5

Bill
October 7th, 2014, 11:56 AM
OK, Bogie. In honor of Lehigh's new "no-defense" policy, I offer you:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19811&stc=1

Granted, his teams could score some points, though!

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Week 7 Sportsbook:

Lehigh (-3) vs. Bucknell

Brown (-2˝) vs. Holy Cross

Harvard (-30) vs. Cornell

Princeton (-4˝) at Colgate

Fordham (-21) vs. Penn

Yale (-7) vs. Dartmouth

Lafayette (-17) vs. Georgetown

The lines came out very early this week and the Fordham/Penn line already has moved to (-23) since last night. The o/u should be interesting; I'll post them as soon as they're up.

Also, bonus game of the week: New Hampshire (-6) vs. William & Mary. Historically the Tribe always seems to have UNH's number (very similar to a Lafayette vs. Penn kind of thing) but that line still seems tight to me.

ngineer
October 7th, 2014, 01:10 PM
The lines came out very early this week and the Fordham/Penn line already has moved to (-23) since last night. The o/u should be interesting; I'll post them as soon as they're up.

Also, bonus game of the week: New Hampshire (-6) vs. William & Mary. Historically the Tribe always seems to have UNH's number (very similar to a Lafayette vs. Penn kind of thing) but that line still seems tight to me.

Agreed. I think UNH should beat Bill & Mary together by more than ten.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Dog bites man, politician in scandal, William and Mary covers the 6 and almost certainly wins.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Dog bites man, politician in scandal, William and Mary covers the 6 and almost certainly wins.

History is on your side, LFN.

http://i58.tinypic.com/33uxrhg.png

Sader87
October 7th, 2014, 02:00 PM
This is a big game for HC's psyche (playahs and fans alike) this week. A loss at Brown and HC is staring down a 2-7 gun with games at Dartmouth and at Lafayette following this one.

Fordham
October 7th, 2014, 02:05 PM
This is a big game for HC's psyche (playahs and fans alike) this week. A loss at Brown and HC is staring down a 2-7 gun with games at Dartmouth and at Lafayette following this one.

Are you hoping this year represents the chance for a fresh start and the end of the Gilmore era of do you want him to remain sat the helm?

Lehigh'98
October 7th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Brown put up 3 points against Gtown. Are they really that poor offensively or was it first game jitters. Regardless, Cross needs to win this game.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 02:16 PM

Sader87, I watched the Georgetown vs. Brown game. Brown runs a typical 4-3-4. Their DL is not terribly robust or athletic. When Brown brought four, Georgetown's OL seemed to be able to handle them and direct them where they wanted to create run lanes. Brown was a little better on its pass rush because they often brought an extra guy or even two. That flustered the Georgetown QB at times. I just don't think that Puljas and the Holy Cross OL will have that problem. I think the Cross OL will open run lanes for Brendan Flaherty all day long. Gilmore isn't going to tell Puljas to put it in the air in circumstances where the Brown staff knows that Puljas doesn't have to pass.

I know Brown took out URI last weekend (I didn't see any of it) but I think Holy Cross can play its game and win comfortably by a touchdown.

Sader87
October 7th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Are you hoping this year represents the chance for a fresh start and the end of the Gilmore era of do you want him to remain sat the helm?

I'd rather not engage in a should HC fire their coach on this board....feels like denigrating the President in a foreign country.

I root for HC to win no mattah who is at the helm, but I'm stahting to question our skipper's decisions more and more.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 02:37 PM
But URI is a CAA team! xlolx

Ivytalk
October 7th, 2014, 03:44 PM

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2324712/katybear.0.gif

Cheating on the Hawk is unacceptable.

Harlot from hell!
xmadx
But I'd trade places with that mascot in a nanosecond.xcoolx

PAllen
October 7th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Harlot from hell!
xmadx
But I'd trade places with that mascot in a nanosecond.xcoolx

I'd have to wash that uniform in straight bleach and start an immediate course of antibiotic to combat anything that might have crawled through those pants.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Next up for Katy: A Citadel game, unless she likes winning football.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 04:05 PM
I'd have to wash that uniform in straight bleach and start an immediate course of antibiotic to combat anything that might have crawled through those pants.

"Katy Perry, fresh off her record-breaking, coast-to-coast tour of Ebolastan, leaps into the arms of the Lehigh players and gives them all a big, wet kiss . . . "

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 04:07 PM
"Katy Perry, fresh off her record-breaking, coast-to-coast tour of Ebolastan, leaps into the arms of the Lehigh players and gives them all a big, wet kiss . . . "

Is that what they're calling Mississippi now?

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Is that what they're calling Mississippi now?

You're just sore because we drafted Melanie Collins. xcoolx

RichH2
October 7th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Fair enuf Bogie,Melanie is yours. Our turn now.
Some suggestions from younger fans as to who Lehigh should draft. Cant leave it up to a guy like me with daughters older than any of the girls already drafted. xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Fair enuf Bogie,Melanie is yours. Our turn now.
Some suggestions from younger fans as to who Lehigh should draft. Cant leave it up to a guy like me with daughters older than any of the girls already drafted. xthumbsupx

Can't leave it to my daughters either, who just now have reached that age. They'd tell me Beyonce or some sort of Kardashian. At least they wouldn't go Miley Cyrus (whom they both despise).

Lehigh Football Nation
October 7th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Beyonce it is.

https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/1/728a9389cf70449d995db8ba9be91472/300x300.jpg

http://urbanintellectuals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BEY.jpg

Besides, "Crazy in Love" is a good pump-up song.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 06:04 PM
OK you guys have Beyonce. Behind Katy Perry on the two-deep? Will she start? Does Bucknell now pick up a stray Kardashian?

NB: I *might* have to fix the text on that eye-black. Depends . . . . xrolleyesx

EDIT: BTW, dibs on Shakira, if we're going that route. Hips don't lie . . .

RichH2
October 7th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Beyonce it is.

https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/1/728a9389cf70449d995db8ba9be91472/300x300.jpg

http://urbanintellectuals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BEY.jpg

Besides, "Crazy in Love" is a good pump-up song.
Good choice. Like the song.W thinks so also and that we're all nuts.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I still have no real idea who Katy Perry is... and I'm kinda happy... xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I still have no real idea who Katy Perry is... and I'm kinda happy... xnodx

Think Olivia Newton-John, Gloria Gaynor or Debbie Gibson, but without all that talent.

Bill
October 7th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Don't worry - you will survive xnodx

LehighU11
October 7th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Think Olivia Newton-John, Gloria Gaynor or Debbie Gibson, but without all that talent.

Speaking of Olivia Newton-John and drafting female singers, wasn't it around this point in the season last year when the Pat Benatar/Stevie Nicks/80's rockers hijack occurred?

Edit: Yup, the PL is too predictable. Bogie's Official "Trouble at Lehigh" 1970's Hot Rock Chick Pick'em (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?140556-Trouble-at-Lehigh/page13)

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Speaking of Olivia Newton-John and drafting female singers, wasn't it around this point in the season last year when the Pat Benatar/Stevie Nicks/80's rockers hijack occurred?

I was saving "Grunge Chicks of the Nineties" for next week. http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/Shieldmaiden_photo/Smileys/Music%20Smileys/Smiley01-1.gif

RichH2
October 7th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Gee,and here I am with Etta James,Barbara Lewis,Patsy Cline and The Devine Sara Vaughn.. Think my playlist a tad behind the. times. Dont care xdrunkyx

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Gee,and here I am with Etta James,Barbara Lewis,Patsy Cline and The Devine Sara Vaughn.. Think my playlist a tad behind the. times. Dont care xdrunkyx

From late 1950's to early 1960's I'm going with Janis Martin and Sparkle Moore. And of course the original female rock musician - always behind the scenes - the awesome Carol Kaye. Everything else was fluff.

EDIT: If you get the chance, listen to Janis Martin's "Will You Willyum" - written when she was like, 15 years old I think. Not exactly the kind of girl you'd take home to meet mom and dad in that day.

Fordhamanhattan
October 8th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Bringing this back to the current century, give a listen to Fordham girl Lana Del Rey and her song Fordham Road on you tube.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 09:09 AM
With the the third pick in the first round, the Fordham Rams select the sultry and magnificent Lana Del Rey.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/b93Kz-EmraQ/0.jpg

Speaking of Grunge Chicks of the Nineties, "Fordham Road" has a definite early Liz Phair vibe to it.

van
October 8th, 2014, 09:46 AM
And I was thinking of Pink!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2014, 09:52 AM
"Katy Perry has been suspended from the first team due to a violation of team rules," LFN said in a statement. "Fortunately we have great depth with Beyonce able to step right in, with Taylor Swift right behind her on the depth chart. As is our method, whomever does the best in practice will be on the first string."

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/taylor-swift.jpg

http://www.autostraddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/beyonce_excited.gif

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 10:10 AM
And in a move sure to raise eyebrows and ruffle a few cassocks on Mount St. James, the Crusaders have claimed Ruyter Suys on waivers from Colgate. Ms. Suys simply made an obscene hand gesture when asked if she would participate in the 11:00 AM folk mass this Sunday.

http://metalitalia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nashville-pussy.jpg

EDIT: Apparently there is *some* truth to the rumor that the oft-exposed Leopard-print undergarments frequently worn by Ms. Suys on stage were won after a drunken night of poker with Kate Upton in Cabo San Lucas.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Holy Cross also is awarded one of Worcester's very own as a compensatory pick - the prodigal, multi-talented (and possibly Catholic) Alicia Witt.

https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/29/92d72784288f4bc0a5dcad1da8191df2/300x300.jpg

RichH2
October 8th, 2014, 11:30 AM
From late 1950's to early 1960's I'm going with Janis Martin and Sparkle Moore. And of course the original female rock musician - always behind the scenes - the awesome Carol Kaye. Everything else was fluff.

EDIT: If you get the chance, listen to Janis Martin's "Will You Willyum" - written when she was like, 15 years old I think. Not exactly the kind of girl you'd take home to meet mom and dad in that day.
Thanks. Good listen. Might intro her to my Dad. Mom, Good God no. Irish mother's ,besides being expert in Catholic guilt, firmly believed that bad son's kidneys were just right for earrings.:)

RichH2
October 8th, 2014, 11:32 AM
When does Bucknell pick? Did they try to trade up? Fans want to know.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Thanks. Good listen. Might intro her to my Dad. Mom, Good God no. Irish mother's ,besides being expert in Catholic guilt, firmly believed that bad son's kidneys were just right for earrings.:)

Mom probably wouldn't appreciate Janis Martin's "Wham Bam Jam" either. Give it a listen - your jaw might drop. Hardly subtle.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 11:50 AM
When does Bucknell pick? Did they try to trade up? Fans want to know.

Bucknell traded up with Georgetown and the Bison now are on the clock. Awaiting their pick.

Georgetown traded down with the hope that Sandra Fluke still will be available. They're crossing their fingers.

RichH2
October 8th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Mom probably wouldn't appreciate Janis Martin's "Wham Bam Jam" either. Give it a listen - your jaw might drop. Hardly subtle.
Yup,been checking as much of her music as I can find. W loves the Jam. AFK, for the next hour or two. Owe you one Bogie.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Yup,been checking as much of her music as I can find. W loves the Jam. AFK, for the next hour or two. Owe you one Bogie.

Do enjoy, Rich. But just don't let the W look up Ruyter Suys. You'll be sahhh-reeee . . . . . xrolleyesx

Bill
October 8th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Bogie

Having a tough week at work and home - and you are definitely keeping me smiling.xpeacex

Keep up the great work...

Thanks!

RichH2
October 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Very familiar with NP Bogie. Healthy woman and a phenominal guitarist. Both daughters played a few of the songs (just to make me crazy:) ) on road trips. Not my style music. Blues,jazz,country and old rock.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Has anyone been to the new PPL arena in Allentown? Seems like an exciting development and catalyst for the City.

I am also excited because it give the Lehigh Valley a modern arena and will take away event bookings from Lehigh's Stabler Arena, thereby financially harming Lehigh.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Very familiar with NP Bogie. Healthy woman and a phenominal guitarist. Both daughters played a few of the songs (just to make me crazy:) ) on road trips. Not my style music. Blues,jazz,country and old rock.

Darn! And I'm usually the one with all the rock trivia stored up in my noggin! xshakefistx

Well, did you know this - former NP bassist Corey Parks is the sister of Duke U./NBA forward Cherokee Parks?

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Has anyone been to the new PPL arena in Allentown? Seems like an exciting development and catalyst for the City.

I am also excited because it give the Lehigh Valley a modern arena and will take away event bookings from Lehigh's Stabler Arena, thereby financially harming Lehigh.

I have not been there but they should have built it in Easton - seriously. They'd get not only the Lehigh Valley but westward-expanding New Jersey as well. Plus, bigger Lafayette games could have been played there. Now I hear that the place is going to host Penn-State-versus-somebody. That's not what anyone needs.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I have not been there but they should have built it in Easton - seriously. They'd get not only the Lehigh Valley but westward-expanding New Jersey as well. Plus, bigger Lafayette games could have been played there. Now I hear that the place is going to host Penn-State-versus-somebody. That's not what anyone needs.

Penn State vs. Drexel... and Lehigh is playing Villanova there in November. Given the purpose and scope of the project, PPL Arena is well suite for Allentown. The immeadiate area has a larger population base and has the infrastructure to support the arena. Downtown Easton is a disaster whenever they hold their silly Fair in the Square.

Several marquee events have/will take place there... Eagles, Petty, WWE, that normally would have been at Stabler... which is enough to make me happy and say xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Lafayette's scouting notes on Georgetown (from the Game Notes):

Lafayette (2-3, 0-1) hosts Georgetown (2-4, 0-1) in Patriot League action on Saturday. The contest in the Leopards’ first day game of the season. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. on a Fall Break weekend.
Georgetown comes to Easton fresh off a 34-3 home loss to perennial Ivy League power, Harvard, and a 19-0 loss at Colgate in the Patriot League opener on Sept. 27.
In recent seasons, Georgetown has given Lafayette more than it could handle, winning three of the last four meetings with the Leopards by a combined eight points.
Lafayette registered a 45-27 win at Georgetown on Nov. 2, 2013. Drew Reed completed 18-of-24 for 275 yards and four touchdowns. Defensively, Lafayette forced three turnovers that led to 21 points as the Leopards improved to 3-0 in conference action and took over sole possession of first place in the Patriot League standings.
The Hoyas enter the game at 2-4, coming off a 34-3 home loss against Harvard in the first meeting between the two schools. Georgetown failed to score on several possessions deep in Crimson territory.
The Hoyas return seven starters on each side of the ball after posting a 2-9 record last season.
Junior QB Kyle Nolan is 109-of-209 for 1,038 yards with three TDs and two INTs. Junior WR Jake DeCicco has reeled in 27 passes with a TD while sophomore Justin Hill has recorded 22 catches for 215 yards and a score.
Junior TB Jo’el Kimpela leads the rushing attack, carrying 78 times for 306 yards. Senior RB/WR Daniel Wright has 32 carries for 161 yards and two touchdowns.
Senior LB Nick Alfieri , who leads the team with 62 tackles, is currently fourth all-time at Georgetown in tackles, totaling 279 stops throughout his career. Senior DE Alec May has been a force on the line, registering 52 tackles, including 12 for a loss with 9.5 sacks
Rob Sgarlata (Georgetown ’94) takes over as the Hoyas head coach after 18 years as an assistant. He is the fourth head coach in school history to have graduated from and gone on to coach Georgetown. As the defensive coordinator, he developed four All-Americans.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Also, expect Lafayette to be without QB Drew Reed for a second week. Sophomore QB Blake Searfoss is the likely starter (with experienced senior QB Zach Zweizig ready if necessary). Pards also might have to sit our principal offensive weapon, RB Ross Scheuerman. Scheuerman still is nursing a couple of injuries. In that case the RBs will probably be freshman DeSean Brown, followed by sophomores Kyle Mayfield and Adin Greenfield, and junior Deuce Gruden.

RichH2
October 8th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Darn! And I'm usually the one with all the rock trivia stored up in my noggin! xshakefistx

Well, did you know this - former NP bassist Corey Parks is the sister of Duke U./NBA forward Cherokee Parks?
Hehehe,no but do recall that W and I often had the urge to go to Paris.xrolleyesx

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Also, expect Lafayette to be without QB Drew Reed for a second week. Sophomore QB Blake Searfoss is the likely starter (with experienced senior QB Zach Zweizig ready if necessary). Pards also might have to sit our principal offensive weapon, RB Ross Scheuerman. Scheuerman still is nursing a couple of injuries. In that case the RBs will probably be freshman DeSean Brown, followed by sophomores Kyle Mayfield and Adin Greenfield, and junior Deuce Gruden.

You are trying oh so hard to care about the game this week... :D

Game time temp will be around 59 with showers. So, o/u 3500 fans?

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Also of note, observe how the Fordham game lasted 3 hours, 40 minutes, a time significantly longer than any normal PL game. That his how long 150 will likely last.

So... 3:30 start, likely 7:15 ending... plan accordingly... good thing I can just head back to my tailgate on the Qua... oh, wait...

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 04:36 PM
You are trying oh so hard to care about the game this week... :D

Game time temp will be around 59 with showers. So, o/u 3500 fans?

I like this game, as you know. The best part is, the more I like it and the more I post about it, the less Georgetown cares about it - if they ever cared at all.

Predictions:

- No one from Georgetown will show up to cheer their team. Not a soul.

- No one will post about it on the Hoya message board. There won't even be a thread.

- The Georgetown bus will be late arriving because they first went to Lehigh instead. The bus driver will have not have heard of Lafayette and no one at Georgetown really could tell him because they didn't really know either.

- Fans on the Hoya Board will complain in next week's thread about having to play a school like Lafayette the week before. And that they belong in Ivy. And Peers.

- The official Georgetown athletic site - GUHoyas.com - won't inform Georgetown fans that the game is available in high definition for free on local D.C. cable, satellite, and via LSN/PLN stream.

- Chucky and the missus will make another cameo appearance at Fisher, and Deuce will get at least one touch.

- I will hurl thinly-veiled obscenities at the Frankosaurus from the chairbacks while the First Lady covers her head to shy away from approximately 4,300 break-week fans at Fisher Field.

- Lafayette will try very hard to lose, but fail.

blackbeard
October 8th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Free Money!!!

Bucknell +2 at 5 Dimes

Sader87
October 8th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I think the Engineers -2 is a good bet actually.

Lehigh had won what, 12 in a row ovah Bucky until last year?

Not sold on Bucky this year.....cupcake city so fah.......and the game is at Goodman.

Bogus Megapardus
October 8th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Most of the lines have shifted a bit since they were posted here (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?161370-Patriot-League-Pick-em-Week-7&p=2156800&viewfull=1#post2156800) on Monday. I'll update all of them when the o/u numbers come out for this week.

ngineer
October 8th, 2014, 10:36 PM
I think the Engineers -2 is a good bet actually.

Lehigh had won what, 17 in a row ovah Bucky until last year?

Not sold on Bucky this year.....cupcake city so fah.......and the game is at Goodman.

Fixed it for ya. Yes, all good things must come to an end at some point. Time to start another streak.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna be visiting my son down Florida way this weekend. Hope I can get LU/BU on internet.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 8th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Bucknell- A glance at the two-deep for the Bison defense gave me agita, but I am assuming Nitti will throw fewer picks and get the offense rolling.
Holy Cross
Fordham
Colgate
Lafayette

26-6 to date...

Lehigh'98
October 9th, 2014, 06:37 AM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2157794]Fixed it for ya. Yes, all good things must come to an end at some point. Time to start another streak.

Actually it was 15. They last won in 97.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2014, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=ngineer;2157794]Fixed it for ya. Yes, all good things must come to an end at some point. Time to start another streak.

Actually it was 15. They last won in 97.

On a cold, rainy day in Lewisburg. I was there for that debacle...

Lehigh has the weapons on offense to score on Bucknell. If the defense can bend as far as they can without breaking like they did against Monmouth then I like LU's chance. There's no doubt the Hawks defense is bad but there's also little arguing the quality of offenses faced....

Lehigh'98
October 9th, 2014, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=Lehigh'98;2157831]

On a cold, rainy day in Lewisburg. I was there for that debacle...

Lehigh has the weapons on offense to score on Bucknell. If the defense can bend as far as they can without breaking like they did against Monmouth then I like LU's chance. There's no doubt the Hawks defense is bad but there's also little arguing the quality of offenses faced....

Yea, Bucknell fielded some good teams back then. Rich Lemon was always a problem for us.

This is a trap game for Bucknell. They may not be as good as they think. If I was a gambling man, I'd think real long b4 thinking that -2 is free $. Not saying this because im a LU fan. This is a bad situation for Bucknell. Revenge spot on road. We still have our issues

Lehigh Football Nation
October 9th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Fixed it for ya. Yes, all good things must come to an end at some point. Time to start another streak.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna be visiting my son down Florida way this weekend. Hope I can get LU/BU on internet.

It will be on PLN, check my blog for the link on Saturday.

Fordham
October 9th, 2014, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2157865]

Yea, Bucknell fielded some good teams back then. Rich Lemon was always a problem for us.

This is a trap game for Bucknell. They may not be as good as they think. If I was a gambling man, I'd think real long b4 thinking that -2 is free $. Not saying this because im a LU fan. This is a bad situation for Bucknell. Revenge spot on road. We still have our issues

there is zero chance imo that Bucknell looks past Lehigh this week. no way this is a trap game. if they get beat, they got beat by the better team imo and not because they were caught unaware or unprepared.

van
October 9th, 2014, 11:22 AM
22-9 after last week's fiasco

BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH, homer pick, suspect a close game and hoping home field makes the difference

HOLY CROSS @ Brown, Brown was beaten by Hoyas right?

Penn @ FORDHAM, Penn not so good this year, Rams are

Princeton @ COLGATE, not a believer in the Gate one dimensional O

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE, Hoyas over matched and game is broadcast live

crusader11
October 9th, 2014, 11:53 AM
4-0 last week and 25-8 on the season...

Some challenging games to predict this week:

Bucknell at Lehigh -- I have a feeling the Bison win this by 10+, and it won't be as close of a game as expected.

Holy Cross at Brown -- Lose here, and things begin to get really ugly in Worcester.

Penn at Fordham -- Fordham's next loss will likely come in the FCS playoffs.

Princeton at Colgate -- Despite the Raiders beating HC last week, I came away pretty unimpressed by them. Of course, I'm not impressed with HC, either. I think Princeton rolls.

Georgetown at Lafayette -- The Hoyas aren't as bad as I thought. They were relatively competitive against Harvard. Could see them keeping this close due to the immortal Frankosauras.

Sandlapper Spike
October 9th, 2014, 12:40 PM
BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH

HOLY CROSS @ Brown

Penn @ FORDHAM

Princeton @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE

Fordhamanhattan
October 9th, 2014, 03:24 PM
FORDHAM records first win over QUAKERS in the sixth try (3 contests decided by 3 points) 56-10
Clarence Thomas' boys rolls over Amy Carter's 32-10
The erstwhile ENGINEERS defend home turf 34-33
F. Scott's heirs over the Western New Yorkers 24-17
The Spotted Ones spank the Hoya 24-0

Bogus Megapardus
October 9th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Penn at Fordham - The pacifist origins of the Religious Society of Friends seem to be calling the tune of Al Bagnoli's swan song with the Penn Quakers. While I was watching an evening replay of Dartmouth's rain-drenched dismantling of Penn last Saturday, I almost felt badly for the Pards' erstwhile Walnut Street foe. But I got over it. Fordham is good - real good. I'm not going to be able to use my planned "Silence of the Lambs" wisecrack even once this season. I think Saturday afternoon in the Bronx is going to end in an outright human sacrifice - with the lamb holding the blade. Fordham 45-13

Holy Cross at Brown - It might have been Sr. Mary Matthew who cautioned me, during a finger-painting exercise in the second grade at St. Helen's School, never to mix Purple and Brown. No matter; these two have been playing essentially the same continuous football game since they started in 1898 - and it has become no more artistic since the day it began. I watched Georgetown's defensive line completely overwhelm Bruno's offense; the Crusader defense ought to do the same this weekend in Providence. Holy Cross will win handily Saturday afternoon's iteration of this never-ending fixture if - and only if - the Crusaders cut down on the mistakes (there have been way too many and HC fans know it) and the penalties (HC leads the league) and keep the ball on the ground whenever in doubt. Holy Cross 28-20

Georgetown at Lafayette - I was sitting at my piano trying to craft a parody "FiOS" lyric to the melody of "The Flintstones" theme. But I began to consider my audience and I realized that no one would find it funny but me. I still think the whole FiOS thing is pretty comical but it probably has run its course: I've now realized that Georgetown fans probably are the most humorless lot in all of college footballdom. And apathy does not even begin to describe Georgetown's view of this series with "the other L school." "Hey, Georgetown, you lead the league (http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/stats/2014-2015/confldrs.html) in pass defense and I've seen you play a couple times . . . good stuff . . . plus our QB is hurt and our star RB might not . . . ." Nah, never mind. None of you Hoyas will read this and you wouldn't care even if you did. Lafayette 27-6

Princeton at Colgate - Why am I the only one who thinks Gate is going to bring the hammer down in this one? With the Princeton "won't lose a single game" prediction out of the way, this game actually looks a little lopsided on parchment. Sure, the Tigers have put up bunches of points - against Davidson and Columbia. But they've not faced anything close to Colgate's defense or anything close to Colgate's level of competition. Colgate has to get its defensive substitution packages ready for Princeton's no-huddle (and avoid the killer pre-snaps and defensive holding calls that cascade when you're not). But Gate always has played very disciplined football and I can't imagine a reason that will change this Saturday. Colgate 21-17

Bucknell at Lehigh - Was last Saturday a one-off, apocalyptic meltdown of an otherwise-competitive Bucknell squad? Or did Bryant unearth thinly-encrusted seismic faults in the 2014 Bison as a whole? I saw what seemed to be every imagined asset of my pre-season darling Buffaloes fritter off in earnest as I watched that game. Bucknell actually outpaced Bryant in passing yards and managed twenty first downs to Bryant's ten, but the Bison couldn't tackle to save their lives as Bryant ripped off one long run after another. Nitti threw three INTs (and some other kid threw a fourth). All that's not going to chalk one up in the "W" column for you any time soon. So, Buckadillos, what can Brown do for you at the Saucon County Fairgrounds this weekend? We know Lehigh can pile up the yards and they can score. But that defense . . . eww. Unlike Bucknell, the Brownie Bunch always has been known as a strong tackling team. I think even the most ardent fan will tell you that Lehigh's tackling this year is just plain bad - on runs from scrimmage, passing YAC and KO/punt returns. I mean really bad. Is it something to do with first-year DC Joe Bottiglieri's scheme? Are the guys out of position and taking bad angles? I dunno so I'm going to wimp out and compromise; Bucknell isn't as gawd-awful as it looked against Bryant and Lehigh's defense isn't really as bungling as it has advertised through four games. Coen and Bottiglieri have had an extra week to fix things and come up with something new, so . . . . Lehigh 31-24

blackbeard
October 9th, 2014, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=Lehigh'98;2157893]

there is zero chance imo that Bucknell looks past Lehigh this week. no way this is a trap game. if they get beat, they got beat by the better team imo and not because they were caught unaware or unprepared.

Agreed. A trap game comes after coasting to wins and overloooking an opponent. The pounded by Bryant last week will be a wake up call that you have to come play every week. I think Bucknell wins this one by 14+. Other picks:
Holy Cross
Fordham
Colgate
Lafayette

Lehigh'98
October 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Maybe trap is too strong a word. It's a bad spot for Bucknell. Lehigh coming off 4 losses desperate for a win. A bye week to get it together and remembering the pummeling they took last year in Lewisburg.

None of this fixes the defense, but football alot of times comes down to situations and match ups. If whoever looks best in previous game always wins, we'd all be millionaires.

Bogus Megapardus
October 9th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I always thought that a "trap game" was a supposedly easier game sandwiched between two tough opponents. You come off a difficult loss hoping to roll through the game in the middle before facing another strong team. That's why I consider this weekend's Lafayette-Georgetown game a "trap" in the middle of Lafayette's Fordham-Georgetown-Harvard string. Maybe I'm wrong on this definition.

I can't imagine that Bucknell ever would consider Lehigh to be a "coaster" or an "easy game." It's a league contest in a numerically small conference, between two long-time rivals, in which Lehigh has won the lion's share of the games. If there's any game that the Bucknell staff and players would be up for, it's this one. There's probably not one person in Lewisburg who wouldn't trade a loss to Bryant for a win over Lehigh.

Let's face it; games among the PL "Core Five" - they're all personal.

Gate83
October 9th, 2014, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=Bogus Megapardus;2158140]I always thought that a "trap game" was a supposedly easier game sandwiched between two tough opponents. You come off a difficult loss hoping to roll through the game in the middle before facing another strong team. That's why I consider this weekend's Lafayette-Georgetown game a "trap" in the middle of Lafayette's Fordham-Georgetown-Harvard string. Maybe I'm wrong on this definition.

While the definition is correct, you need to up your standards to consider the Hoyas a "trap."

Go...gate
October 9th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Lehigh 24, Bucknell 17

Holy Cross 27, Brown 24

Fordham 42, Penn 14

Colgate 20, Princeton 19

Lafayette 28, Georgetown 14

Pard4Life
October 9th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Not so sure why everyone is going with Colgate...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2014, 10:18 PM
3-1 last week, 26-6 Overall....:)

Fordham 38 Penn 16 - This could be real ugly, but it won't.....

Holy Cross 24 Brown 16 - HC (Gilmore) simply can't lose this game. Pujals needs to bounce back after 3 shaky games in a row....

Princeton 35 Colgate 24 - Colgate could really make a statement with a win. I think the Raiders are pretty good but Princeton is a bit of a sleeping giant imo. Their game against San Diego still has me scratching my head....

Lafayette 27 Georgetown 17 - Lafayette should win but it won't be easy imo...

Lehigh 38 Bucknell 27 - Lehigh's played the toughest schedule in the league and it's not really close. Between last years beatdown after a decade plus of dominance over the Bison and the bye week I think LU gets it done. The cupcake doesn't come until next week for LU....

Bill
October 9th, 2014, 11:15 PM

Because this guy says they have the "intangibles" xeyebrowx

Go...gate
October 9th, 2014, 11:43 PM

Didn't you say in an earlier post that you wanted us to beat Princeton?

I think on paper PU is the far better club. But I believe that Colgate will be a tough out in Hamilton.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2014, 12:03 AM
A very late game preview of Bucknell, full game breakdown to follow tomorrow:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-preview-bucknell-at-lehigh-10112013.html

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2014, 12:12 AM
A very late game preview of Bucknell

Nicely penned, LFN. Good read.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2014, 03:43 AM
"Katy Perry has been suspended from the first team due to a violation of team rules," LFN said in a statement. "Fortunately we have great depth with Beyonce able to step right in, with Taylor Swift right behind her on the depth chart. As is our method, whomever does the best in practice will be on the first string."

BREAKING NEWS:

Just moments after the beleaguered Lehigh Mountain Hawks released veteran muse Katy Perry, insiders revealed that the overly-hyped, waning songstress is slated to "perform" during the Super Bowl halftime show at the conclusion of the National Football League season. When asked if it considered a wavier bid for the talent-deprived, media-manufactured pop star following her release, a highly-placed official at Lewisburg, Pennsylvania's Bucknell University (whose name has been withheld on request because he was not presently authorized to comment on the matter) said, "Seriously? You've got to be kidding."

http://pagesix.com/2014/10/09/katy-perry-to-perform-at-super-bowl-xlix-halftime-show/?_ga=1.15631924.302817681.1412912405

More later on this breaking story as it develops . . . .

RichH2
October 10th, 2014, 07:54 AM
A very late game preview of Bucknell, full game breakdown to follow tomorrow:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-preview-bucknell-at-lehigh-10112013.html
Well done. Sets the stage perfectly. Pinot ,nice change up for Drink of the week. Drastic enough,IMO, to wake up the echoes.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Well done. Sets the stage perfectly. Pinot ,nice change up for Drink of the week. Drastic enough,IMO, to wake up the echoes.

I'm a bit surprised that no one has mentioned grilling Buffalo Burgers.

Sader87
October 10th, 2014, 10:06 AM
28-5 on the year....c&p'd from Crossports:

An annoyed HAL9000 being caught for first and threatened to be caught by many others, gave the following picks to start pulling away from what he termed, mouth-breathing, meat puppets:

Lehigh 34 Bucknell 21 HAL believes the Engineers are bettah than their ledger and the Bison vice versa.

Fordham 38 UPenn 16 Rams on auto-pilot as they vanquish the Quackers in da Bronx.

Princeton 27 Colgate 24 HAL is a big Princeton fan as he and John Nash worked together for a bit.

Lafayette 27 GTown 16 Pards will prevail in Easton but have had problems with Hoya Saxa historically.

Holy Cross 23 Brown 17 Game will come down to the last possession as nearly all HC games do....Crusaders prevail in this nail-biter.

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Didn't you say in an earlier post that you wanted us to beat Princeton?

I think on paper PU is the far better club. But I believe that Colgate will be a tough out in Hamilton.

I do, but given what I read about the Holy Cross game, and how Princeton runs its offense, winning might be tough in Hamilton tomorrow.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2014, 11:49 AM
BREAKING NEWS:

Just moments after the beleaguered Lehigh Mountain Hawks released veteran muse Katy Perry, insiders revealed that the overly-hyped, waning songstress is slated to "perform" during the Super Bowl halftime show at the conclusion of the National Football League season. When asked if it considered a wavier bid for the talent-deprived, media-manufactured pop star following her release, a highly-placed official at Lewisburg, Pennsylvania's Bucknell University (whose name has been withheld on request because he was not presently authorized to comment on the matter) said, "Seriously? You've got to be kidding."

http://pagesix.com/2014/10/09/katy-perry-to-perform-at-super-bowl-xlix-halftime-show/?_ga=1.15631924.302817681.1412912405

More later on this breaking story as it develops . . . .

Les Moonves, a Bucknell alum, surely was trolling our waiver wire... but then again, NBC will be covering the Perry train wreck this January as it happens.

carney2
October 10th, 2014, 02:21 PM
How's it going around the League? Zero seriously overstates the interest at Lafayette in this week's game with the Hoyas.

Leopard Loyalist
October 10th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Several tricky picks this week, but here goes....

BUCKNELL @ LEHIGH

HOLY CROSS @ Brown

Penn @ FORDHAM

Princeton @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE

Sader87
October 10th, 2014, 03:12 PM
How's it going around the League? Zero seriously overstates the interest at Lafayette in this week's game with the Hoyas.

HC faithful have mostly jumped off the bus for this year.....more of a death watch now than anything.

So this is what the other side of the tracks was like when we were kicking everybody's ass with scholarships in the 80s/early 90s? xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Pretty good interest from the hard-cores for the Lehigh/Bucknell game as it's a pivotal battle. The outcome of that game will determine the interest in the rest of the games on the schedule not played in Yankee Stadium.

crusader11
October 10th, 2014, 03:35 PM
HC faithful have mostly jumped off the bus for this year.....more of a death watch now than anything.

Crazies like us, 87, will still likely watch every down the rest of the season.

Sader87
October 10th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Crazies like us, 87, will still likely watch every down the rest of the season.

Absolutely.... what, if anything in life, is really more important????

crusader11
October 10th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Absolutely.... what, if anything in life, is really more important????

Oxygen, food, sex, and then...? I got nothing other than HC football.

Engineer86
October 10th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Penn State vs. Drexel... and Lehigh is playing Villanova there in November. Given the purpose and scope of the project, PPL Arena is well suite for Allentown. The immeadiate area has a larger population base and has the infrastructure to support the arena. Downtown Easton is a disaster whenever they hold their silly Fair in the Square.

Several marquee events have/will take place there... Eagles, Petty, WWE, that normally would have been at Stabler... which is enough to make me happy and say xlolx

Eagles and Petty would never have played at Stabler. stabler has lost out to Hershey for years. At least PPL brings some things closer. Stabler is not losing those types of concerts to PPL, they were long gone.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Game breakdown and fearless prediction of Lehigh/Bucknell:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-breakdown-bucknell-at-lehigh.html

bison137
October 10th, 2014, 05:34 PM

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-breakdown-bucknell-at-lehigh.html

Good job - except that Clayton Ewell has never returned a punt. One other item of note is that BU's best WR, Josh Brake, has been out the last 3 games. Bison are missing 3 of the top 5 WR's from the August depth chart.

Lehigh'98
October 10th, 2014, 06:07 PM
My baby girl was born today. She is bringing good luck to Lehigh this week. 31-24

Sader87
October 10th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Congrats 98!!!!xthumbsupx

Engineer86
October 10th, 2014, 06:26 PM
My baby girl was born today. She is bringing good luck to Lehigh this week. 31-24

Congrats! My baby was the last of three boys to head back to lehigh just this august. Enjoy every minute it goes by faster than you can ever imagine.

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2014, 06:52 PM

xthumbsupx She has never known a world where Lehigh has lost (at least until this November 22)

carney2
October 10th, 2014, 07:22 PM

Prediction: Lehigh wins! What a surprise.

carney2
October 10th, 2014, 07:23 PM

And now let me tell you about the teenage years...

carney2
October 10th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Pretty good interest from the hard-cores for the Lehigh/Bucknell game as it's a pivotal battle. The outcome of that game will determine the interest in the rest of the games on the schedule not played in Yankee Stadium.

Care to hazard a guess on attendance?

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Prediction: Lehigh wins! What a surprise.

xlolx :D To be fair, LFN had them losing to Monmouth... but he picked them to beat UNH... tough to figure him out sometimes..

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Good job - except that Clayton Ewell has never returned a punt. One other item of note is that BU's best WR, Josh Brake, has been out the last 3 games. Bison are missing 3 of the top 5 WR's from the August depth chart.

Thanks for the correction. Must have been staring at stats too long. I fixed it.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Care to hazard a guess on attendance?

About 7,000, maybe more if Bucknellians get away from their cows, into their cars, and check out their team. It should be a decent day for football.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!!! Your daughter and I picked a similar score!

RichH2
October 10th, 2014, 08:18 PM
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Congrats. Best of luck. Dont worry you'll get some sleep in 3 maybe 4 years.

Fordham
October 10th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Congrats! My baby was the last of three boys to head back to lehigh just this august. Enjoy every minute it goes by faster than you can ever imagine.
Congrats, 98!!!!

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2014, 08:52 PM
LFN... 7000?? I think 5500 would be an optimistically good crowd...

bison137
October 10th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Lehigh
Brown
Fordham
Princeton
Lafayette

Engineer86
October 11th, 2014, 06:09 AM
LFN... 7000?? I think 5500 would be an optimistically good crowd...

Agree. Early weather will have an impact. Raining now. Looks like that will last till 10 or11. Even once clearing will be messy.

Pards Rule
October 11th, 2014, 08:17 AM
xlolx :D To be fair, LFN had them losing to Monmouth... but he picked them to beat UNH... tough to figure him out sometimes..

Yeah I was impressed with his Monmouth pick.

Pard4Life
October 11th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Bucknell 35, Lehigh 24... Lehigh does not play defense, Bucknell does. Lehigh can score. So can Bucknell.

Holy Cross 21, Brown 17... will be a tough game

Fordham 52, Penn 17... Over early and often. Puck Fenn.

Princeton 28, Colgate 24... As much as I want Colgate to win, don't think it will happen

Lafayette 24, Georgetown 14... will be a tough game for the Pards, though it shouldn't be... see the Lafayette board to inquire further.

crusader11
October 11th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Going to overtime in Providence.

HC led 7-0 at the half.

Brown scored 17 straight points to take a 17-7 lead.

HC scored ten points late in the 4th to tie it at 17.

crusader11
October 11th, 2014, 02:36 PM
And HC loses 27-24. Deflating stuff.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Colgate beat Princeton 31-30! Congrats Raiders! Great start under Coach Hunt!

aceinthehole
October 11th, 2014, 03:16 PM

Nice comeback win. Raiders were down 3 scores very early.

Can we put all Princeton talk to bed ... they haven't done anything in decades and this year is no better.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2014, 03:21 PM
HC has hung 60 on Penn. Best offense in PL history? Better than '87 HC?

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2014, 03:42 PM

Well, if one loss was "unacceptable" to Princeton's players, two must be absolutely unspeakable!:p:p

blackbeard
October 11th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Nice comeback win. Raiders were down 3 scores very early.

Can we put all Princeton talk to bed ... they haven't done anything in decades and this year is no better.

Exactly why I picked 'gate

crusader11
October 11th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Ummmm, Lafayette....

Ramblin' Man
October 11th, 2014, 07:00 PM
HC has hung 60 on Penn. Best offense in PL history? Better than '87 HC?

Don't you mean Fordham?

Ramblin' Man
October 11th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Fordham's 730 total yards and Mike Nebrich's 566 passing yards are FCS records for 2014 season. Nebrich also threw for 6 TDs, good for second best this year. Freshman Chase Edmonds passes 1000 yards rushing in only his seventh game, a Fordham record.

carney2
October 11th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Don't you mean Fordham?

Same mistake on the scoreboard screen at Lafayette. The board had the 'saders playing a double header - winning one and losing one.

carney2
October 11th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Speaking of doubleheaders - and i just did in a previous post - I did one today, catching Bucknell @ the Squawks and Georgetown at Lafayette. Having seen Lehigh and Georgetown, I'm not going out on much of a limb when I say that the Hoyas will beat the Undiestains down in DC in a few weeks. That means that next week in Ithaca the Brownclads are, in my opinion, playing to avoid a perfect season. They have 0-11 right in the cross hairs. As a football team, they ain't.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Speaking of doubleheaders - and i just did in a previous post - I did one today, catching Bucknell @ the Squawks and Georgetown at Lafayette. Having seen Lehigh and Georgetown, I'm not going out on much of a limb when I say that the Hoyas will beat the Undiestains down in DC in a few weeks. That means that next week in Ithaca the Brownclads are, in my opinion, playing to avoid a perfect season. They have 0-11 right in the cross hairs. As a football team, they ain't.

IMO, both Lafayette and HC would be 0-5 had they played LU's schedule. All three of these teams are terrible....

These games are all pillow fights....
HC-LC
LU-GU
GU-HC
LU-HC
LU-LC

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Speaking of doubleheaders - and i just did in a previous post - I did one today, catching Bucknell @ the Squawks and Georgetown at Lafayette. Having seen Lehigh and Georgetown, I'm not going out on much of a limb when I say that the Hoyas will beat the Undiestains down in DC in a few weeks.

Don't kid yourself--there's a reason why the Engineers have won 13 straight games over Georgetown by an average of 28 points per game: offense. In those 13 games, Lehigh failed to score 28 points just twice. In those 13 games, Georgetown never scored more than 24.

In 2014, Lehigh averages 28.6 points per game, Georgetown just 12.1. You don't win many games with numbers like that.

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2014, 09:27 PM
A tip o' the hat off my curly noggin, and then some, to the Hoyas. They came to play this evening. It was a huge game for the Hoya DL, #90 Alex May in particular, and for RB Joel Kimpela who ran all over the humble (and certainly contrite) little Pards. I couldn't help but to notice how Rob Sgarlata stays obsessively attentive to the detail of the game while Frank Tavani (as usual) mutters and paces and seems as if he's off in his own little Frankosauric Park somewhere.

Georgetown looked from the outset as if they were fully confident of winning the game. Frequently they manhandled us on both sides of the line and their defensive secondary out-hustled us more often than not. The Pards have a long way to go and a short time to get there; and Georgetown is going to give fits to the rest of you guys (pointing at those Saucon Supercilianists in particular, of course).

bison137
October 11th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Speaking of doubleheaders - and i just did in a previous post - I did one today, catching Bucknell @ the Squawks and Georgetown at Lafayette.

Were you the guy I saw wearing the orange hat with the Bison horns?

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Were you the guy I saw wearing the orange hat with the Bison horns?

I'm told that was carney2's sherpa, Houk En-Dung. Carney2 was the one with the chicken feathers and the fake arrow through his head.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Georgetown is in prime position to get their first win over Lehigh since 1925 unless something drastically changes.