PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian at Western, Nov 11th

rb45070
November 5th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Who all is planning on going and can someone enlighten me on prime tailgate areas

APP91
November 5th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Bringing 8 people. Understand that the baseball field area is the place to be for the visitors.

james_lawfirm
November 5th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I am going & bringing my wife & two sons. I have invited some friends, but don't know if they can make it yet.

The ASU Alumni website states that there will be a "Tailgate Bash" beginning at 12:30 at the North Baseball Field in the 'Whee. We'll be there.

I just hope we have no more injuries at Western. WCU has absolutely nothing to lose. Scary. Can we just play our 3rd string, until and unless we need to bring out the heavy artillery? :eyebrow:

Go Apps
November 5th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Doesn't matter how many you bring - This game has ugly written all over it
ASU by 50+

Mountaineer#96
November 5th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Very likely that we bring more fans to this game than Western, although the ones they bring will reseamble the drunken crowd that attacked our team during our last visit to the 'whee, they will be praying for a upset so that they can rush the field. That game still haunts my memory. That and of course me being on the field when I was hit by a beer in the back of my head. I hope we pound them into the ground deep into the 4th. I know I should just let it go but its hard. I hate you Western.

The Cats
November 5th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I hate you Western.

Did this become the smack board today?

The Cats
November 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
If ASU loses this one, they should be to ashamed to show up at the playoffs.........

smallcollegefbfan
November 5th, 2006, 07:43 PM
If ASU loses this one, they should be to ashamed to show up at the playoffs.........\

IF?

If ASU loses they should not even accept the playoff bid lol. At one time I thought Western would be a good team but they have seemed to just give up on your coach. I think ASU wins by 17 worst case, could be as ugly as 40-50.

Cincy App
November 5th, 2006, 07:52 PM
ASU generally beats Western but it usually is a close game - particularly in Cullowhee. Never discount a rivalry game. I expect an ASU victory but this game is likely to be closer than most anticipate.

HiHiYikas
November 5th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I've already posted some of this, but when it comes to ASU's most one-sided victories against teams currently in the SoCon, the lineup looks like this:

ASU 77, Elon 26 (1968)
ASU 62, UTC 14 (1999)
ASU 42, Wofford 0 (1976)
ASU 59, GaSo 0 (1939)
ASU 51, Citadel 0 (1999)
ASU 54, WCU 7 (1939)
ASU 40, Furman 7 (2006)

The Mountaineers stand to duplicate the feats of the 1939 and 1999 teams, notching two "most-one-sided" wins in a single season. Obviously, this is a year when ASU could beat WCU by more than 47 points. I'd be surprised to see ASU run up the score that high, though.

I know, this sounds a little "cocky." Screw it, it's just WCU. I'm not going to practice at all this week. And if coach Moore thinks he's making me lift this week...

catamount man
November 5th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I know I should just let it go but its hard. I hate you Western.

Take that, add about another 100%, and replace "Western" with App.State and you have MY feelings!!!! See y'all Saturday!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

CoastalFan2005
November 5th, 2006, 10:06 PM
I hear some of Western's players had a good time with Liberty this past weekend. xlolx xsmileyclapx :thumbsup:

But seriously, ASU should walk away with this one.

Griswold
November 5th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Two years ago we tailgated in the baseball parking lot. It was a good crowd. After watching the last 2 minutes of that game anything is possible. :bang:

rb45070
November 5th, 2006, 10:21 PM
well i believe thats where i am gonna be, feel free to stop and have a beer(that goes to all fellow apps that are of age of course) and hope to see a good amount of people out there.

rb45070
November 6th, 2006, 09:19 AM
catamount man, what time does the campus usually start kicking

asu7
November 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM
This will be my first trip to see a game at the whee and will be lookin forward to some revenge ... although I believe that 2004 game completely got our team focused for 2005 :) ... was goin to go in 04 but something happened and I couldnt make it ... this year I will be there ...

catamount man
November 6th, 2006, 06:28 PM
catamount man, what time does the campus usually start kicking

Well, our women's basketball team hosts Auburn Friday night at the Ramsey Center followed by our men's team playing an exhibition game against Muskegum. I'm sure we'll have a good turnout. Trust me, as awful as we are at 2-7 and as much crap off the field that has hit us, our players, coaches, and fans ALL know what this game means and how huge a win over you guys this week would be for us heading into 2007.

To answer your question, the campus should be rouzed all weekend up until the game. I will be in the Creek Lot (across from Hennon Stadium) around 9-10am Saturday morning. Would love to meet you guys. Just look for the large purple and gold confederate flag that my main man DOTCAT will be flying. I'm going up Friday, spending the night in Cherokee, waking up-I hope:D , and will be there EARLY! Looking forward to it, as always!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!:hurray:

boonedocks
November 7th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Can anyone tell me about how long it takes to get to cullowhee from boone? Just curious as this will be my first trip to the 'whee.

Mountaineer#96
November 7th, 2006, 07:56 AM
3 hours and some change.........depends how you are driving really

MYTAPPY
November 7th, 2006, 09:45 AM
There is no real easy way of getting to the Whee from Boone. You actually have to park your car in Ashville and then take horse and buggy over to the Whee. My first visit to WCU was in '04, and let me tell you, the ride back to Charlotte was agonizing. But, I'll be there again this year. I'm actually staying Sat. night in a place called Dillsborough. I hope I survive. A place with a name like that can't be safe.

rb45070
November 7th, 2006, 09:51 AM
But, I'll be there again this year. I'm actually staying Sat. night in a place called Dillsborough. I hope I survive. A place with a name like that can't be safe.

Actually its not that bad, just dont eat at the Huddle House

Boone~ On average it takes make about 2:45 or so. I guess it depends on how you get out of Boone.

The Cats
November 7th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I'm actually staying Sat. night in a place called Dillsborough. I hope I survive. A place with a name like that can't be safe.

Sure you not staying in Dillsboro? Dillsboro is about 8 miles from the 'whee. Be sure to eat at the Jarrett House in Dillsboro.

http://www.visitdillsboro.org/map.html
http://www.visitdillsboro.org/specialevents.html

Dillsborogh might be hard to find.

catamount man
November 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Boone to Cullowhee: 321 south to Morganton, take I-40 west all the way past Asheville into Haywood County. Just past Canton, take exit 27 onto US 23 South/Hwy 74 west past Waynesville and into Sylva. Once into Sylva, take exit 85. At the redlight, hang a left and Cullowhee and WCU are 6 miles south down Highway 107. 3 miles before the campus, you will go through Catamount Gap and it's gorgeous. Have a safe trip to and from!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
November 7th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Tickets going fast for Saturday!

http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110706aaa.html

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Death Dealer
November 7th, 2006, 11:44 PM
There is no real easy way of getting to the Whee from Boone. You actually have to park your car in Ashville and then take horse and buggy over to the Whee. My first visit to WCU was in '04, and let me tell you, the ride back to Charlotte was agonizing. But, I'll be there again this year. I'm actually staying Sat. night in a place called Dillsborough. I hope I survive. A place with a name like that can't be safe.

Dillsboro is quite nice, there are several little B&B's there and the Jarrett House has some of the best fried chicken you'll ever eat.....mmmm mmmm!

Haven't had the pleasure of seeing a football game in the Whee, but I've caught more trout there than you could fit in the seats of that stadium. The stretch of the Tuck just upstream from WCU is very productive. I prefer the delayed harvest section that runs through Webster, but there are fish all along that water, some in the 8-10 pound range.

Based on how one-sided this game has the potential of being, it might not hurt to bring your rod and some flies...by the end of the third, you might want to skip out of the game and go wet a hook. Much more sporting, at least the fish has some chance of winning the fight.

SoCon48
November 8th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Dillsboro is quite nice, there are several little B&B's there and the Jarrett House has some of the best fried chicken you'll ever eat.....mmmm mmmm!

Haven't had the pleasure of seeing a football game in the Whee, but I've caught more trout there than you could fit in the seats of that stadium. The stretch of the Tuck just upstream from WCU is very productive. I prefer the delayed harvest section that runs through Webster, but there are fish all along that water, some in the 8-10 pound range.

Based on how one-sided this game has the potential of being, it might not hurt to bring your rod and some flies...by the end of the third, you might want to skip out of the game and go wet a hook. Much more sporting, at least the fish has some chance of winning the fight.

Also home of the famous Dillsboro dogs..the hot dog place? Big Al's or something like that??

catamount man
November 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM
B&Al's hot dogs. Best chili in the Southeast...grab your Tums! HA!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Death Dealer
November 8th, 2006, 11:34 PM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Nope, that would be Skin's Hotdogs in Anderson, SC.....secret family recipe from Grandma Thrasher's kitchen. MMM MMM GOOD!:bow: :bow: :bow:

catamount man
November 9th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Nope, that would be Skin's Hotdogs in Anderson, SC.....secret family recipe from Grandma Thrasher's kitchen. MMM MMM GOOD!:bow: :bow: :bow:

B&Al's blows Skins little wrapped up mini-dogs to shame. You actually brag about eating a hot dog from Skins? Sheesh....try B&Al's someday and then get back to me and yes, I've eaten many a dog from Skins. Gross!:eek:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

SoCon48
November 9th, 2006, 08:25 AM
and yes, I've eaten many a dog from Skins. Gross

Must have been stuck with no other choices to have eaten many a gross hot dog from Skins?

MYTAPPY
November 9th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for all the exciting info on the thriving metropolis of Dillsboro. I'm sure I'll enjoy all it has to offer after I watch my Mountaineers win easily.

The Cats
November 10th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks for all the exciting info on the thriving metropolis of Dillsboro. I'm sure I'll enjoy all it has to offer after I watch my Mountaineers win easily.

Win, maybe, but not easily (sticking my neck way out here).

Death Dealer
November 10th, 2006, 06:24 PM

Now that is funny......xlolx xlolx

Death Dealer
November 10th, 2006, 06:26 PM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I've had B&Al's and yes they are good.....but you were claiming their chili was the best in the Southeast. That is impossible because Skin's has much better chili.

AppState
November 10th, 2006, 08:10 PM
That is impossible because Skin's has much better chili.

My wife ordered a plain chili dog at Skin's and they tried to give her just a bun with chili. xidiotx

Death Dealer
November 10th, 2006, 08:55 PM
My wife ordered a plain chili dog at Skin's and they tried to give her just a bun with chili. xidiotx

Yeah, they actually have people come in and order just chili in a bun. :confused: During the low-carb rage, people would order a dog and chili without a bun..whatever. Actually, the best dog in the Carolina's is the deep fried footlong at Sam's Corner in Garden City. Nothing better at 3 a.m. than a deep fried footlong and a cold bud.xlolx :rolleyes:

SirApp
November 11th, 2006, 06:30 AM
See ya'll in Cullowhee !!

rb45070
November 11th, 2006, 08:07 AM
I am packing up as we speak and getting ready to head to the whee. I hope to meet some of you guys in the alumni tailgate area, ill be wearing a hooded ASU sweatshirt and jeans with a Carolina Panthers hat. Feel free to come up and introduce yourself.