PDA

View Full Version : SWAC Title Game To Have First Time Winner

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2006, 07:36 AM
There's some parity in the SWAC!

Arkansas Pine-Bluff and Alabama A&M will meet up in Birmingham in a few weeks and the winner will have their first SWAC title game championship. Yes, Pine-Bluff won a title in the 60s, but this will be the first title game win for either team.

Grambling and Southern own all the SWAC West titles since the advent of the SWAC title game, so Pine Bluff is the first team to get in there. Alabama A&M has losses in 2002 and 2000 to Grambling in the SWAC title game.

One must feel for Mississippi Valley State. Earlier in the season, the SWAC officials blew a TD call that could've given them the win over Grambling. Valley beat Alabama A&M earlier this season and could've been the SWAC East representative. (Credit: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14884)

mikebigg
November 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM
There's some parity in the SWAC!

Arkansas Pine-Bluff and Alabama A&M will meet up in Birmingham in a few weeks and the winner will have their first SWAC title game championship. Yes, Pine-Bluff won a title in the 60s, but this will be the first title game win for either team.

Grambling and Southern own all the SWAC West titles since the advent of the SWAC title game, so Pine Bluff is the first team to get in there. Alabama A&M has losses in 2002 and 2000 to Grambling in the SWAC title game.

One must feel for Mississippi Valley State. Earlier in the season, the SWAC officials blew a TD call that could've given them the win over Grambling. Valley beat Alabama A&M earlier this season and could've been the SWAC East representative. (Credit: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14884)

How do you know that Valley would have won the game? That happened with nearly 6 minutes left in the game. MSVU "had" to stop us on the next drive but the didn't. We ran the ball the length of the field to run out the clock. When the game ended, we were in scoring distance...so a reasonable assumption can be made that we would have scored and won the game regardless. What's with this anti-Grambling obsession? You might need to consider counseling.:bang:

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2006, 04:41 PM
How do you know that Valley would have won the game? That happened with nearly 6 minutes left in the game. MSVU "had" to stop us on the next drive but the didn't. We ran the ball the length of the field to run out the clock. When the game ended, we were in scoring distance...so a reasonable assumption can be made that we would have scored and won the game regardless. What's with this anti-Grambling obsession? You might need to consider counseling.:bang:

It was a momentum-killer...

If a team is demoralized, such as MSVS after being robbed, what do you expect? Your just talking about Grambling's offense after they got robbed...

It's alright though, just happy Grambling and Southern are sitting out. Considering they are the two premier football schools and are missing out for once is nice. I'll root for the underdog in college football whether it Boise State or Arkansas-Pine Bluff...ruin the 'power' that exists...

mikebigg
November 6th, 2006, 08:42 PM
It was a momentum-killer...

If a team is demoralized, such as MSVS after being robbed, what do you expect? Your just talking about Grambling's offense after they got robbed...

It's alright though, just happy Grambling and Southern are sitting out. Considering they are the two premier football schools and are missing out for once is nice. I'll root for the underdog in college football whether it Boise State or Arkansas-Pine Bluff...ruin the 'power' that exists...

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but you stated that Valley would have won as though it was a fact. Whether Valley was demoralized or not, is only conjecture. I don't know for a fact that we would have won...thing is, I don't have to worry. We did!

Retro
November 6th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but you stated that Valley would have won as though it was a fact. Whether Valley was demoralized or not, is only conjecture. I don't know for a fact that we would have won...thing is, I don't have to worry. We did!

Mikebigg, He said COULD'VE won, so just chill out.. Apparantly you don't know how to handle a losing season at Grambling.xcoffeex

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 6th, 2006, 11:00 PM
It's alright though, just happy Grambling and Southern are sitting out. Considering they are the two premier football schools and are missing out for once is nice....
SOuthern isn't out of the race yet. We still have a chance. We play UAPB Saturday. And if we beat Uapb and Grambling, and Uapb also loses to Texas Southern we go to B-ham. This is a very strange season in the SWAC.

mikebigg
November 7th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Mikebigg, He said COULD'VE won, so just chill out.. Apparantly you don't know how to handle a losing season at Grambling.xcoffeex

This one has nothing to do with whether we are having a losing season or not... it has to do with his constant attempts to always find a negative when it comes to Grambling. Hell just last week he felt the need to criticize the style and color of uniform that Grambling should wear. WTF is that all about. Now if I actually gave a dayum about McNeese (which I don't) and constantly posted negatives wouldn't you address it? Well maybe not...but that would be your right. Amazing how that works huh?

xidiotx ( Since they don't have an index finger smiley, this one will have to do).

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2006, 07:03 AM
SOuthern isn't out of the race yet. We still have a chance. We play UAPB Saturday. And if we beat Uapb and Grambling, and Uapb also loses to Texas Southern we go to B-ham. This is a very strange season in the SWAC.

Seems like a long shot for the Bluff to lose to both Southern and Texas Southern...

On the flip side, Grambling, of course, would love nothing more than to knock their rivals out of a potential SWAC title game bid...

Retro
November 7th, 2006, 09:21 AM
This one has nothing to do with whether we are having a losing season or not... it has to do with his constant attempts to always find a negative when it comes to Grambling. Hell just last week he felt the need to criticize the style and color of uniform that Grambling should wear. WTF is that all about. Now if I actually gave a dayum about McNeese (which I don't) and constantly posted negatives wouldn't you address it? Well maybe not...but that would be your right. Amazing how that works huh?

xidiotx ( Since they don't have an index finger smiley, this one will have to do).

All i see is that he said "you have to feel for MVSU as they could've beat grambling had the call gone their way"... That's not negative toward grambling.. Maybe your just a little too touchy and maybe you should take the high road.. :twocents:

AppGuy04
November 7th, 2006, 09:22 AM
TT, you forgot, you're not in the SWAC so you can't talk about them:rolleyes:

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM
TT, you forgot, you're not in the SWAC so you can't talk about them:rolleyes:

Oh crap, I forgot again....:bang:

3rd Coast Tiger
November 7th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Here we go.... again. xsmileyclapx

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Here we go.... again. xsmileyclapx

Waiting for you to throw in your TxSo/TxSt prediction in the 'Battle of TSU'... :rotateh:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16108

3rd Coast Tiger
November 7th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Check my history. I never gave score predictions on the SWACPage and won't start on AnygivenSaturday.

Better yet, since you know more about Texas Southern than I do, why don't you tell me my prediction.

HIU 93
November 7th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Better yet, since you know more about Texas Southern than I do, why don't you tell me my prediction.

I love it!!!!!:hurray: xsmileyclapx :hurray: xsmileyclapx :hurray: xsmileyclapx

TexasTerror
November 7th, 2006, 11:47 AM

I think your going with TXST...a team that is looking for some positives in a pretty down year for the 'Cats...

Your just hoping it's respectable and the Ocean of Soul puts on a good show...:thumbsup:

MACHIAVELLI
November 13th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Alabama A&M has losses in 2002 and 2000 to Grambling in the SWAC title game.

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2006, 09:34 AM

Either you or the SWAC is wrong...

Dec 14, 2002 Birmingham, AL Grambling State 31, Alabama A&M 19
Dec 02, 2000 Birmingham, Ala. Grambling State 14, Alabama A&M 6

On that note, Grambling must really be in the dumps this year. They lost to a TxSo team that got their tails handed to them in San Marcos by lowly Texas St-San Marcos by 20, when it could've been worse (two TxSo TDs in the final three minutes against the 2nd and 3rd teamers)...

3rd Coast Tiger
November 13th, 2006, 09:53 AM
On that note, Grambling must really be in the dumps this year. They lost to a TxSo team that got their tails handed to them in San Marcos by lowly Texas St-San Marcos by 20, when it could've been worse (two TxSo TDs in the final three minutes against the 2nd and 3rd teamers)...

We were down in the dumps the last season we played Sam Houston. Please help me remember the score? :confused:

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2006, 10:39 AM
We were down in the dumps the last season we played Sam Houston. Please help me remember the score? :confused:

SHSU 40-7 over Texas Southern in Houston during the 1997 season...

Makes sense...

37-9 in 1991
31-0 in 1994
24-13 in 1995
20-26 in 1996
40-7 in 1997

Kats have won four of the last five by average score of 30.4 to 11. Sounds about right...

TxSo would be easy feasting for Bomar and the Bearkats in 2007 if the Tigers were up to it. Heck, our WBB even got a win over TxSo the last two years despite being gawd awful...

What's your point?

MACHIAVELLI
November 13th, 2006, 10:49 AM

Why would THE ICON be concerned with texas state?

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Why would THE ICON be concerned with texas state?

Considering the lack of comparison of "The Icon" to schools in other I-AA conferences, we do the comparison of...

Grambling falls to Texas Southern who gets dropped handily by Texas State-San Marcos...

This goes back to comparisons last year of whether Grambling was worthy of being a top 5 team in the country when Bruce Eugene was quarterbacking the club.

From reading SWAC Page, seems only Comegy (and Jackson St fans) knows what's good for the SWAC...:nonono2:

Arguably the best team in the SWAC, Pine Bluff, lost by a score of Southern Illinois 48, Arkansas-Pine Bluff 16 in Pine Bluff, AR. I guess that tells you where the SWAC stands compared to the rest of the I-AA world.

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Nice of you to change TT's name Mach. Very mature

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Nice of you to change TT's name Mach. Very mature

Hmmm...the Icon as my AGS nickname...I'll have to think about that...:nod:

MACHIAVELLI
November 13th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Considering the lack of comparison of "The Icon" to schools in other I-AA conferences, we do the comparison of...

Grambling falls to Texas Southern who gets dropped handily by Texas State-San Marcos...

This goes back to comparisons last year of whether Grambling was worthy of being a top 5 team in the country when Bruce Eugene was quarterbacking the club.

From reading SWAC Page, seems only Comegy (and Jackson St fans) knows what's good for the SWAC...:nonono2:

Arguably the best team in the SWAC, Pine Bluff, lost by a score of Southern Illinois 48, Arkansas-Pine Bluff 16 in Pine Bluff, AR. I guess that tells you where the SWAC stands compared to the rest of the I-AA world.

Again what does The ICON in 2005 have to do with Texas St in 2006? Are you talking about the same comegy that got throttled by the icon and lost to that same uapb team you are speaking of? Did the ICON turn you down for a job or something?

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Again what does The ICON in 2005 have to do with Texas St in 2006? Are you talking about the same comegy that got throttled by the icon and lost to that same uapb team you are speaking of? Did the ICON turn you down for a job or something?

Nope. The ICON did not turn me down for a job...

Was trying to compare Grambling 2006 to I-AA 2006, just like we tried to compare Grambling 2005 to I-AA of 2005...nothing more, nothing less...

Comegy and the JSU fans want to be able to beat I-AA schools from other conferences and compete for national titles. I was not comparing Comegy's coaching or success to the decisions in which Spears has cost Grambling some games (see SWAC Page for more)....

Again, Southern Illinois thrashed Ark-PB. Only good comparison for AAMU is a 27-20 win over TnSt which is a legit squad in the OVC, 3rd in the conference. How real is OVC? We'll see in the playoffs, where they're misery has been pretty rough...

MACHIAVELLI
November 13th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Nope. The ICON did not turn me down for a job...

Was trying to compare Grambling 2006 to I-AA 2006, just like we tried to compare Grambling 2005 to I-AA of 2005...nothing more, nothing less...

Comegy and the JSU fans want to be able to beat I-AA schools from other conferences and compete for national titles. I was not comparing Comegy's coaching or success to the decisions in which Spears has cost Grambling some games (see SWAC Page for more)....

Again, Southern Illinois thrashed Ark-PB. Only good comparison for AAMU is a 27-20 win over TnSt which is a legit squad in the OVC, 3rd in the conference. How real is OVC? We'll see in the playoffs, where they're misery has been pretty rough...

You will always explain away something to make your point. If nothing else you are consistant. But wouldn't be easy to compare a team we actually played..like Hampy. Comegy and a handful of fans has your panties in a bunch by saying the word "playoffs". So automatically you are a fan. If comegy wants to beat other AA schools from other conferences then he can schedule them. It is that simple. What is going to the swac page going to do?

Panther88
November 13th, 2006, 12:46 PM
You will always explain away something to make your point. If nothing else you are consistant. But wouldn't be easy to compare a team we actually played..like Hampy. Comegy and a handful of fans has your panties in a bunch by saying the word "playoffs". So automatically you are a fan. If comegy wants to beat other AA schools from other conferences then he can schedule them. It is that simple. What is going to the swac page going to do?

LOL!

Hey, TT! What's up in bearkat land? :smiley_wi Send us some of that talent y'all amassed in that orange/white color.

Signed, your friendly Lake Conroe Panther alum lol

mikebigg
November 13th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Dude,

Isn't it obvious that Bruce and Hatcher made a difference in last year's team? But really Bruce Eugene is gone...what he did last year happened last year. Let it go! It's not healthy...(whatever it is).:bang:

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Isn't it obvious that Bruce and Hatcher made a difference in last year's team? But really Bruce Eugene is gone...what he did last year happened last year. Let it go! It's not healthy...(whatever it is).:bang:

Wasn't comparing last year to this year. I was comparing this year's Grambling team to the rest of the I-AA world this year...

Bruce and Hatcher were talents for sure. No doubt about it...led you to the HBCU 'national' championship' and all that jazz, including a BC win over Southern...

SWAC has new blood rising and I think more folks, not just in the SWAC, are happy to see it! :thumbsup:

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 13th, 2006, 10:53 PM
SWAC has new blood rising and I think more folks, not just in the SWAC, are happy to see it! :thumbsup:Don't believe the hype. One year wonder. Gram, SU , or Jackson will win the swac next season.

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Don't believe the hype. One year wonder. Gram, SU , or Jackson will win the swac next season.

Depends on Spears' coaching ability without riding an all-world QB...

Reading what I have read about Grambling on SWAC Page, seems Spears has cost atleast two if not three games and should've cost another...