7. Maine
8. JMU
9. Towson
10. Stony Brook
11. Elon
12. URI

Tribal
September 29th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Again, clusters work for me until we see some more CAA football. Alphabetical for now.

Nova

Richmond
UNH
W&M

Albany

SBU
UD

JMU
Maine
Towson

Elon
URI

jmufan999
September 29th, 2014, 09:00 AM
nice win, Blue Hens. i wasn't sure where else to say this, didn't want to start a new thread. ugly game at times, but the better team won.

Tribal, your clusters look good. wow, that sounds inappropriate for some reason.

smilo
September 29th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I like mainejeff's rankings. I think that's the exact order I have. 6-8 is extraordinarly tight though. That order could vary any given day.
Going into the year I thought JMU UD was the toughest game to pick, and that was just an incredible match that came like a yard away from double OT.

TypicalTribe
September 29th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Who has a clearer hold on their spot in the CAA? Villanova or URI?

melloware13
September 29th, 2014, 11:29 AM
That's a tough one, URI has Elon to contend with, but they don't play each other. As for the top, I think Nova is ahead of UNH, but it's close (and of course, they don't play). I think Nova's possible slip ups are W&M and Richmond (and hopefully Delaware), but all of those are outside of PA. UNH does play W&M still, but it's in Durham.

smilo
September 29th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Almost certainly URI. Elon looked good in their two home games against decent teams, prevailing over Charlotte. They might be able to beat SBU at home.

URI wasn't bad early at home vs. Albany, but they need to beat Brown this weekend. Other than that, they have Stony Brook on the road. Towson and Maine at home are very long shot upsets. I'd be shocked if the Rams won a game. Doubt Elon does, but the SBU game is certainly winnable at the very least. Plus they also have Maine at home.

Tribal
September 29th, 2014, 02:41 PM
That's a tough one, URI has Elon to contend with, but they don't play each other. As for the top, I think Nova is ahead of UNH, but it's close (and of course, they don't play). I think Nova's possible slip ups are W&M and Richmond (and hopefully Delaware), but all of those are outside of PA. UNH does play W&M still, but it's in Durham.
Our record against UNH in the past ~20 years (even when UNH was ranked top 5 and we had a 3rd string QB who only handed the ball off) is something of legend. I believe it's something in the neighborhood of 17-2.

#RisingTribe

Mattymc727
September 29th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Our record against UNH in the past ~20 years (even when UNH was ranked top 5 and we had a 3rd string QB who only handed the ball off) is something of legend. I believe it's something in the neighborhood of 17-2.

#RisingTribe

I will always put my money on the Tribe against UNH, no matter the circumstances. There's just something about the UNH offense not being able to beat the W&M defense, no matter how good either side of the ball is....

wml33t
September 29th, 2014, 05:46 PM

#RisingTribe

FWIW, I happened to look this up today - 14-3 all-time with W&M winning 10 of the last 11.