Friday

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM

Saturday

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN

BUCKNELL @ Bryant

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE

Bye: LEHIGH

Game of the Week

Lafayette @ Fordham – CBS nominated this as some sort of a championship battle. That’s good enough for me.

bonarae
September 28th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Fordham
Harvard
Bucknell
Colgate

Pards Rule
September 28th, 2014, 08:05 AM
That's right Carney - we play on Friday under the lights! Last time (ever?) Pards played Friday?

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Last time (ever?) Pards played Friday?

When they were in high school.

Skyhawk71
September 28th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Lafayette @ Fordham
Harvard @ Georgetown
Bucknell @ Bryant
Holy Cross @ Colgate

Pard4Life
September 28th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Probably the first Friday game for us in the modern era (and maybe ever?)

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Bye will score at least 35 points on us. There, I said it.

carney2
September 28th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Bye will score at least 35 points on us. There, I said it.

Yes, you are the first of many to go there this week.

What's with the furniture avatar?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Yes, you are the first of many to go there this week.

What's with the furniture avatar?

It was a reference to cut-blocking. Maybe when I'm in a better mood I'll change it to something different.

jayhawkdaddy
September 28th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Lafayette @ Fordham
Harvard @ Georgetown
Bucknell @ Bryant
Holy Cross @ Colgate

Pard4Life
September 28th, 2014, 03:37 PM
It was a reference to cut-blocking. Maybe when I'm in a better mood I'll change it to something different.

I thought it was an execution block for feathered fowl... :D

- - - Updated - - -

That's right Carney - we play on Friday under the lights! Last time (ever?) Pards played Friday?

Just read it on the Lafayette recap... first Friday game since 1977...

RichH2
September 28th, 2014, 04:34 PM
22-7

A week when LU doesn't lose.I will enjoy it.Dont expect too many of these this year.
Fordham
Gate
Harvard
Bison

Gangtackle11
September 28th, 2014, 05:00 PM
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM W

Saturday

W Harvard @ GEORGETOWN

BUCKNELL @ Bryant W

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE W

Pards Rule
September 28th, 2014, 05:06 PM
I thought it was an execution block for feathered fowl... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Just read it on the Lafayette recap... first Friday game since 1977...

P4L - against whom? Damn, I was in high school then!

Pard4Life
September 28th, 2014, 05:13 PM
P4L - against whom? Damn, I was in high school then!

I don't know... if you have a 1977 schedule, assume the Lehigh game is on a Saturday and then count backwards from there to see which game is an outlier.

heath
September 28th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Somebody must beat Fordham
Laffy
Harvard
The team with the crazy roster photos
Holy Cross
Lehigh shuts out Bye

Sader87
September 28th, 2014, 07:32 PM
From what I've seen of most of the league, I just don't see anyone beating Fordham outside of some wacky things: rain, turnovahs galore, rash of injuries etc.

Lafayette: FU is going to be pumped for this for last year, at home etc

@Lehigh 10/25: Tough task for LU's D

Colgate 11/1: FU home, Gate not bad but young etc

@Buck 11/7: This may be FU's toughest test in the PL, away on a cold Friday night?

GTown 11/15: Home against the Hoyas.

Ivytalk
September 28th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Lafayette @ Fordham
Harvard @ Georgetown
Bucknell @ Bryant
Holy Cross @ Colgate

I'll go with this. Bucknell's luck can't last forever.

Pard4Life
September 28th, 2014, 08:51 PM
From what I've seen of most of the league, I just don't see anyone beating Fordham outside of some wacky things: rain, turnovahs galore, rash of injuries etc.

Lafayette: FU is going to be pumped for this for last year, at home etc

@Lehigh 10/25: Tough task for LU's D

Colgate 11/1: FU home, Gate not bad but young etc

@Buck 11/7: This may be FU's toughest test in the PL, away on a cold Friday night?

GTown 11/15: Home against the Hoyas.

Bucknell nearly took down Fordham with Nebrich last year... thanks to that really weird ending. Bucknell will be ready for this game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 28th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I'll go with this. Bucknell's luck can't last forever.

Nothing Bucknell has accomplished this year can be attributed to luck. They have a very solid team and have taken advantage of a favorable schedule. They have earned 4-0......

Pard4Life
September 28th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Lafayette has owned Bucknell like Princeton has owned Lafayette, but expect different this year.

Sader87
September 28th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I'm still not sold on the Bison....a win at Bryant will staht to make a believah out of me.

bison137
September 28th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Bucknell nearly took down Fordham with Nebrich last year... thanks to that really weird ending. Bucknell will be ready for this game.

Yes, but Nebrich only played part of the game before being hurt. Maetzold played the majority. Game ended with BU having a 40-yard game-winning FG blocked. BU's kicking game is a problem again this year and could well cost them a game this year.

bison137
September 28th, 2014, 10:00 PM
22-7

A week when LU doesn't lose.I will enjoy it.Dont expect too many of these this year.
Fordham
Gate
Harvard
Bison

I think you're way too pessimistic. Looking at Sagarin or other ratings, you can throw a blanket over Bucknell, Colgate, Lafayette, and Lehigh. I think that's fair. LU should be a slight favorite when they host Bucknell in two weeks.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Bucky has taken care of business, though they didn't exactly look pretty in any of the games. The Cornell game was particularly hard on the eyes.

Sader87
September 28th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Top of my head PL Power rankings:

1. Fordham: really no one that close imo. I know they threw up all ovah themselves at Nova but within the league, if Nebrich stays healthy, they should cruise home.

2. Bucknell: if only because I can't make a bettah argument for anyone else. Have literally played no one of any real consequence yet. Winning at Sacred Heart is a good win....it's nothing special though.

3. Lafayette: Ranked below Bucky due to the fact that they lost to SHU. From what I've seen, a nicely balanced team....good RB but nothing too special.

4. Holy Cross: The Not Ready for Prime-team team....good talent in the scholarship classes, just not good enough or deep enough to beat the Fordhams and Harvards of the world.

5. Colgate: Bettah than I thought they'd be....but similar to HC, not deep/talented enough to beat good teams.

6. Lehigh: Again, not a truly "bad" team....just bad enough to lose their first 4 games.....bye week will help them get their ship in ordah.

7. GTown: Not as horrendous as expected....still not very good either.

I think the only thing that has changed imo from preseason to now is that Fordham is even that much bettah than the other PL schools. GTown isn't quite as horrific and #2-6 are still pretty interchangeable on any given weekend.

Go...gate
September 28th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Nothing Bucknell has accomplished this year can be attributed to luck. They have a very solid team and have taken advantage of a favorable schedule. They have earned 4-0......

+1

RichH2
September 28th, 2014, 10:56 PM
I think you're way too pessimistic. Looking at Sagarin or other ratings, you can throw a blanket over Bucknell, Colgate, Lafayette, and Lehigh. I think that's fair. LU should be a slight favorite when they host Bucknell in two weeks.

No doubt. Venting a bit . Expect we will compete better in PL games. Our D ,however, has a long long way to go to be average. For now I am going to relish the stress free Bye week.

Go...gate
September 29th, 2014, 12:57 AM
No doubt. Venting a bit . Expect we will compete better in PL games. Our D ,however, has a long long way to go to be average. For now I am going to relish the stress free Bye week.

Remember that Colgate had a defense like that in 2012 and managed to win the conference. It is still early. The Engineers will be heard from.

jimbo65
September 29th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Fordham

Harvard

Bucknell

Colgate, this I believe is the shakiest of my picks. Edge to home team.

DFW HOYA
September 29th, 2014, 06:15 AM

I think the only thing that has changed imo from preseason to now is that Fordham is even that much bettah than the other PL schools. GTown isn't quite as horrific and #2-6 are still pretty interchangeable on any given weekend.

Ok, I guess that's a compliment.

The Georgetown defense will always be competitive but the offense is very thin in key positions and unlike PL teams with stronger freshman and sophomore classes, the Hoyas do not have a strong freshman and sophomore base from which to build.

Towards the end of the Colgate broadcast, analyst Ross Tucker made an assertion I hadn't heard cited before. In as many words, Tucker said that Georgetown has to recruit nationally because it doesn't win the recruiting battles in the Northeast. Is this a fair assessment?

RichH2
September 29th, 2014, 08:05 AM

The Georgetown defense will always be competitive but the offense is very thin in key positions and unlike PL teams with stronger freshman and sophomore classes, the Hoyas do not have a strong freshman and sophomore base from which to build.

Towards the end of the Colgate broadcast, analyst Ross Tucker made an assertion I hadn't heard cited before. In as many words, Tucker said that Georgetown has to recruit nationally because it doesn't win the recruiting battles in the Northeast. Is this a fair assessment?
Partly . A simple truth,to increase their recruit pool,Hoyas must have the broadest geographical field as possible. Much as most in the PL. It is,of course too simplistic in reality. It is equally applicable in broad terms to every school in the PL. We all lose far more than we win on the recruit trail. I dont see a marked difference in GUs last two classes from prior years. The difference now is schollies give us greater access and success with better athletes. All PL teams recruit nationally to increase the pool of student athletes.

Fordham
September 29th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Top of my head PL Power rankings:

1. Fordham: really no one that close imo. I know they threw up all ovah themselves at Nova but within the league, if Nebrich stays healthy, they should cruise home.

2. Bucknell: if only because I can't make a bettah argument for anyone else. Have literally played no one of any real consequence yet. Winning at Sacred Heart is a good win....it's nothing special though.

3. Lafayette: Ranked below Bucky due to the fact that they lost to SHU. From what I've seen, a nicely balanced team....good RB but nothing too special.

4. Holy Cross: The Not Ready for Prime-team team....good talent in the scholarship classes, just not good enough or deep enough to beat the Fordhams and Harvards of the world.

5. Colgate: Bettah than I thought they'd be....but similar to HC, not deep/talented enough to beat good teams.

6. Lehigh: Again, not a truly "bad" team....just bad enough to lose their first 4 games.....bye week will help them get their ship in ordah.

Imo you should flip HC and Colgate. Colgate is an unknown right now. You guys are young and will be good but I was really surprised at the level you guys played. I think when you have a QB like Pujols you have a chance to be in games you might not otherwise be in. Other than that, though, I think you guys will be in a dogfight in every game you have left. This could be it for Gilmore if the bottom falls out imo.

Ghost
September 29th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Friday

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM

Saturday

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN

BUCKNELL @ Bryant

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE

Bye: LEHIGH(Just kidding lehigh guys xsmiley_wix)

Bill
September 29th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Went 4-1 last week...yes, I picked Lehigh for my only blemish.

This puts me at 21-8 for the year. Here is a shot at week 6:

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM - Fordham in a very cool Friday night contest. 34-20

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN - The school that has produced the most Presidents visits the nation's capital. Not sure there's any future Commanders in Chief on this Harvard team, but I think they have more than enough to win. Harvard, 27-7

BUCKNELL @ Bryant - I think Bryant has been swimming in the deeper end of the talent pool thus far...and has too many athletes of their own to lose this one. Bryant, 24-14

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE - Would love to see Gilmore get a big road win...but I think they'll be lighting torches and getting serenaded by the "swinging gates" after this one. Colgate, 23-21

Bye: LEHIGH - as per LFN, I think we still struggle to hold Bye to under 14 points. :)

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Georgetown's win over Brown cannot be ignored. They're not too bad a team and I can see them poaching off one or two of their conferencemates if teams are not careful. If they had played Lehigh last week, they probably would have found a way to beat them.

carney2
September 29th, 2014, 09:49 AM
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM - Looks like a lost cause for the Pards, but then we didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did we? Hoping that my favorite team puts up a decent fight.

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN - Loving what the Hoyas have done so far, but Harvard isn't Brown.

BUCKNELL @ Bryant - 137 tells me that Bryant is a force to be reckoned with. I'm was on the fence here, but fell off in the direction of the home team.

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE - A true paradox vs. enigma game. Don't know what to expect from either team. I flipped a coin.

Bye: LEHIGH - Resisting the temptation to join the masses and pile on. I'll wait 'til November.

ZableNoise
September 29th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I don't know... if you have a 1977 schedule, assume the Lehigh game is on a Saturday and then count backwards from there to see which game is an outlier.
It was away at Penn.

PAllen
September 29th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Fordham - The Rams may not be world beaters, but they should beat everyone in the Patriot this year with the possible exception of Bucknell
Harvard - Seriously? Maybe the Hoya admin can take a few pointers on how to support a football team and be competitive
Bucknell - The bison just keep winning, and I see no reason for it to stop this week
Colgate - If the game were in Worcester, I might pick the other way, but it's not, and I see the Raiders taking this one comfortably

Finally, a week where the Engineers don't give up 550+ yds to the opposing team! Seriously, when you're claiming holding teams to under 600 yds as a moral victory, it's gotten way out of control.

PAllen
September 29th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Georgetown's win over Brown cannot be ignored. They're not too bad a team and I can see them poaching off one or two of their conferencemates if teams are not careful. If they had played Lehigh last week, they probably would have found a way to beat them.

I'm not sure Lehigh beats the Hoyas this year. If they give up seven turnovers like they did the last time they were in DC, the Hoyas will rout the Engineers.

ColgateTD
September 29th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Beware of G'town. A 19-0 win in Hamilton is nothing for 'Gate to be proud of....

BucBisonAtLarge
September 29th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Fordham- but Lafayette is hardly a 'lost cause'
Harvard- and I will be pulling for the home team
Bucknell- Bryant merits the regard that everyone was giving Sacred Heart. The Bulldogs have the quality wins this season. Nonetheless, I'm goin 'homer'.
Colgate- cuz they are the home team.

Crimson Dad Leopard Grad
September 29th, 2014, 03:51 PM

It was Penn at Franklin Field and we lost so bad I don't remember the score.

Sader87
September 29th, 2014, 04:56 PM
42-7 Quackahs.....welcome aboard here CDLG xdrunkyx

Pards Rule
September 29th, 2014, 06:40 PM

Thanks...so I don't have to research this!

ngineer
September 29th, 2014, 06:59 PM

Fully agree, but only if they are going to play with real money. Pete Lembo called G'town the 'sleeping giant' in the league with their national reputation. They can walk into any living room in America and not have to explain who they are and where they're located.

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2014, 07:00 PM

Welcome! It's always great to have another Pard around here...

Do you remember why it was played on a Friday? What else is new... we usually got whipped badly at Penn, or anybody, in those days.

I was looking at the 1980 schedule before... aside from cupcake games vs. Merchant Marine and Gettysburg, we essentially failed to score a TD against a real opponent. Yikes! That's what makes 1981 all the more miraculous.

ngineer
September 29th, 2014, 07:14 PM
I'm afraid the Rams have this game really circled after last year. LC will need 'A' game plus to pull off a shocker and current ?? about the QB's health doesn't help. LC can give the Rams a game, but I expect the Rams to keep the gas on the pedal. Fordham, 45-24.

Hoyas D will keep it close for awhile, but the Johnnies will come out of the crapper with a win, 31-14.

Most interesting game as Bucknell continues to fight for credibility. The "who have they beaten lately" mantra gets tested, a little, as the Bulldogs have played well against some stellar opposition. While I would love to see the Bison win this one, I am "not there yet". If they beat Bryant in the Bulldogs' home, I will be a believer. Until then, Bryant 24-20.

A 'must' win for the Crusaders and Gilmore. Colgate a winnable game and a necessary game if the Crusaders expect to challenge or at least have a winning season. I see them having more O than the Raiders to pull off a 24-21 win.

Buy week for Lehigh. Looking to replace seven injured starters, some defensive players who know how to stick a shoulder into someone, aka a tackle, and strong dose of medicine for the new OC who is 'hooked' on running Shafnisky into the ground.

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Yep, Pards are getting throttled.

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Posted on the wrong weekly thread!

Ok, so Fordham...

Three cupcake wins.

A blowout win vs. Holy Cross... Holy Cross is, well, see Sader87

A blowout loss in the only challenge on their schedule.

Ok, so, why should we just go chalk with Fordham now?

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2014, 07:41 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/97/60/c8/9760c82c5a06f2f6036df3608209455b.jpg

TheValleyRaider
September 29th, 2014, 08:46 PM
4-1 last week, 21-8 overall

Friday
Lafayette at Fordham Fordham Revenge game for the Rams, so long as Nebrich stays upright for this one.

Saturday
Harvard at Georgetown Harvard Their usual good defense keeps the Hoyas in it for a little while, but the Crimson will have too much.

Bucknell at Bryant Bryant Much respect for the Bison so far, but Bryant's wins (and their loss) look more respectable at this stage.

Holy Cross at Colgate Colgate Should be a tough game between two teams with much to prove. I suspect a loss would be more damaging than a win would be indicative. I'll pick the Raiders to stay unbeaten at home this year against a Cross side that hasn't won away from Fitton.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2014, 09:08 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/97/60/c8/9760c82c5a06f2f6036df3608209455b.jpg

Chanelling your inner Bogie?

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Chanelling your inner Bogie?

That was not photoshopped! xlolx

BucBisonAtLarge
September 29th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Posted on the wrong weekly thread!

Ok, so Fordham...

Three cupcake wins.

A blowout win vs. Holy Cross... Holy Cross is, well, see Sader87

A blowout loss in the only challenge on their schedule.

Ok, so, why should we just go chalk with Fordham now?

I think it is a bit more than 'chalk'. LC did win last year, but has been just a little less-than-convincing so far. If this game were to be played in Easton I believe it would be close to a toss-up. What's been distracting has been the excessive Leopard fan hand-wringing about the season-to-date. Suck it up...

Crimson Dad Leopard Grad
September 30th, 2014, 07:25 AM

Do you remember why it was played on a Friday? What else is new... we usually got whipped badly at Penn, or anybody, in those days.

I was looking at the 1980 schedule before... aside from cupcake games vs. Merchant Marine and Gettysburg, we essentially failed to score a TD against a real opponent. Yikes! That's what makes 1981 all the more miraculous.

I think because they could since it was a Friday bus ride for us. FYI, we beat them the next year at Fischer Field on Homecoming Day.

Crimson Dad Leopard Grad
September 30th, 2014, 07:52 AM
LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM Leopards will have a tough time scoring

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN Big if QB plays

BUCKNELL @ Bryant In a close one

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE Crusaders fading?

Sader87
September 30th, 2014, 11:21 AM

I think we were top right.

True to a point, but it's not like they are ekeing out these wins ovah cupcakes.....they've won 2 games by 29, one by 42 and one by 47.

On the flip-side, they've lost one by 44.

In my eye-test, they look bettah overall than they did in 2013. More balanced on both sides and the Frosh RB is a good one.

The Boogie Down
September 30th, 2014, 11:22 AM

Long time reader, first time poster. Thanks for giving me the incentive to finally sign up, Pard :)

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I agree, Edmonds is the game-changer. There are also signs that Nebrich is regaining his peak 2013 form, which should worry the rest of the League.

bison137
September 30th, 2014, 04:23 PM
4-1 last week; 25-4 overall

Fordham

Harvard

Bucknell - a toss-up. Bison WR and DB injuries are a problem

Colgate - another close game.

Fordham
September 30th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I agree, Edmonds is the game-changer. There are also signs that Nebrich is regaining his peak 2013 form, which should worry the rest of the League.
Yancey's return to DT/NG is the game changer on D. We are still adjusting to the loss of PL DPOY Hodge but getting former Rookie DPOY Yancey back made a huge difference against HC. No one can double team Slate anymore.

Two frosh who played a ton last year and are really really good have been out all year as well. Washington and Adeyeye. If we get them back, DL becomes the strength of our D and one of the best units on the team imo.

We'll find out if Nebrich is back this weekend - one good outing doesn't mean he's shaken off the rust or gotten healthy legs yet. Hope that it's so but we'll see on Friday.

Question for Pard fans - what's different about your team this year than last? You finished the season so strong and physically beat us up last year imo. Why aren't you doing the same thing this year that you did to us and Lehigh to end the regular season last year? Did you lose alot on the lines?

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Fordham, I am very disappointed in your logo... I get the feeling the Ram is a rip-off from a 70s or Scooby doo cartoon... and that the Ram is trying to hypnotize me.
http://content.fathead.com/products/61/61-61795.jpg

Fordham
September 30th, 2014, 05:30 PM
you prefer something more manly then? Go Pards!!

http://www.thestranger.com/blog/files/2006/07/LeopardMan-2002-02-16-1624-44.jpg

Go...gate
September 30th, 2014, 05:41 PM

Gettysburg was still playing Lafayette as late as 1980!

To me, Gettysburg remains the most logical Patriot League addition.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Don't feel like being serious this week, seeing as how Lafayette is going to get their doors blown off... so I'm trying to figure out the best and worst mascot in the PL...

Bucknell: http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/BUCK/smd/bucknell-university-football-automatically-imported-ncaa-basketball-feb-09-american-at-bucknell-buck-f-auto-00006smd.jpg

Appropriate I could not find a suitable football version. The mascot is fan-friendly, er, kid-friendly, but intimidating? This guy couldn't scare off a murder of crows. It's like something one would see in a children's coloring book.

Colgate: http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41814_2259614721_2802_n.jpg

A Stephen King creation? How does this invoke 'Raiders' at all? The only thing he may be raiding is my nightmares and belief that a boogie man is not under my bed. Though, he would make for a lovely family Christmas card.

Fordham: http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--0Wx-bJ-Z--/18f14ya2btk1jjpg.jpg

What is this mascot's emotion? Is he enraged at a favorable Lehigh penalty? Sarcastically boastful towards his woeful Jesuit rivals, Georgetown? Or blissful that Rose Hill finally has football scholarships?

Georgetown: http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/GTN/smd/georgetown-university-womens-basketball-automatically-imported-florida-gulf-coast-v-georgetown-gtn-wbk-auto-00053smd.jpg

A Jesuit school represented by a nudist? I mean, the Catholic Church has gotten more liberal these days, but I didn't know the Jesuit Pope Francis endorses buffin' it. If anyone has seen the Muppet Show, doesn't the Hoya have a minor resemblance to Sweetums? http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sweetums

Holy Cross: http://www.goholycross.com/information/athletics_fund/crusader_um11g.jpg

Marvin the Martin meets the Purple Knight. I can't tell what his intentions are... is he trying to sell me Ugg boots? Is he Sauron disguised? Either way, a photo with this guy is about as exciting as taking a photo with a vacuum cleaner.

Lafayette: http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/lafa/graphics/lafa-12-navimage-contact.gif

The Pard is fierce... maybe a little too fierce. Sometimes, I fear that I won't make it out of Fisher Stadium with my jugular intact if he confuses my maroon with Colgate maroon. Then again, you would look like this too if athletics and winning were not important since, oh, 1949. If the Pards ever go D3, the Pard may not get a job working at a preschool despite being good with kids, but instead might do well as a repo man.

Lehigh: http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/thebrownandwhite/photo/2012/09/11512010-large.jpg

Ladies, if you ever open the dictionary and look-up "creeper", this mascot's photo will be shown. The cynical, surly hunchback leers his eyes at unsuspecting fans and demands applause for his sub-par field goal kicking during intermission. Having the demeanor of Richard Nixon doesn't help either.

RichH2
September 30th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks P4L, an enjoyable tour of mascots.

ngineer
September 30th, 2014, 08:57 PM

That's a keeper!! Poster quality for Yankee Stadium...

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Watch your back ngineer... you never know which bush might contain this Pard...

ngineer
September 30th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Watch your back ngineer... you never know which bush might contain this Pard...

....I would think many would as a walking spotted pudendum...(;-)

carney2
October 1st, 2014, 08:35 AM
Jumping the gun and stating that I don't want to rain on Bogie's parade (he da man and his odds are consistently from the same source), but I just had to know:

Fordham 12 1/2 over Lafayette

Harvard 18 1/2 over Georgetown

Bucknell and Bryant are a pick 'em

Colgate 6 over Holy Cross

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2014, 09:06 AM

I always wanted photographic proof of Bogie. Now we have it!

Lehigh'98
October 1st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Harvard covers the 18 against Georgetown

Sandlapper Spike
October 1st, 2014, 10:07 AM
Friday

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM

Saturday

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN

BUCKNELL @ Bryant

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE

ColgateTD
October 1st, 2014, 11:41 AM
20-9 so far

Fordham - would like to go with the Pards, but.....
Harvard - G'town D could put up a fight, but....
Bucknell - have to stick with the PL on this one; expecting the Bison to bring their "A" game..
Colgate - nervous about this; two teams that have a lot of ???? marks. If 'Gate doesn't solve their downfield passing problems this could be a big blowout for Pujols...

bison137
October 1st, 2014, 12:05 PM

Logical, except that Gettysburg has absolutely no interest.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2014, 12:14 PM
While we're on the subject of expansion with schools that have no interest, I've always wished Johns Hopkins would go to Division I athletics, where the PL would be the perfect fit.

That one is filed away behind BU restarting football, which says something about its likelihood.

Fordhamanhattan
October 1st, 2014, 12:15 PM
Nice article today in the New York section of the WSJ on the first broadcast television football game 75 years ago yesterday between the Sleepy Jim Crowley led Fordham Rams and an early cupcake Waynesburg College. The Rams were able to upend Waynesburg but later lost to Alabama and Tulane on the way to a 6-2 campaign. Appropriate as the Maroon is on CBS Cable this week against the spotted.

van
October 1st, 2014, 04:07 PM
22-7 so far, still can't get a perfect week however

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM, Rams too talented, good test for improved Pard D

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN, Hoyas better than expected, but then not much was expected

BUCKNELL @ Bryant, just a hunch that the Buffs really are improved and Bryant just average

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE, not impressed with one dimensional O the gators seem to have

Bye: LEHIGH, D pitches a shut out this week in a major turnaround

bison137
October 1st, 2014, 04:49 PM
While we're on the subject of expansion with schools that have no interest, I've always wished Johns Hopkins would go to Division I athletics, where the PL would be the perfect fit.

That one is filed away behind BU restarting football, which says something about its likelihood.

Yes it would be an ideal fit. Doubt JHU would want lax to have an AI though.

heath
October 1st, 2014, 07:21 PM
Logical, except that Gettysburg has absolutely no interest.
And Gettysburg sucks. Go after the top of the Centennial League and get Hopkins. Pull them in for lax also.

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2014, 12:02 AM
And Gettysburg sucks. Go after the top of the Centennial League and get Hopkins. Pull them in for lax also.

???????????

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2014, 05:54 AM

Even better - 1981. The Pards played there in 1981 (it was fall break weekend plus two days for LC) after their first loss that season to Colgate the previous week (30-0 rout of a previously unbeaten Leopard squad) and actually were behind the Bullets 14-0 before shaking off their stupor and winning 28-14. I wasn't at Gettysburg to watch the game just recall reading the one paragraph summary in that Sunday's Philadelphia Inquirer (It Can Make Your Day! Old ad campaign from the early 80s for my beloved "Inky").

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2014, 06:19 AM

P4L, that was before I arrived on campus. My first year was fall 1980 so I remember the scenario - no TDs in 6 games (the Homecoming win that year at Fisher Field over Penn, 3-0!) and getting blown out at home by Lehigh in the final game (with snowballs raining down on the Easton Police during the game which they repaid with batons-a-flying during the goalpost rush after the game; that year they went down with like 10 seconds left or less), 32-0. It had snowed a few inches the previous Wednesday night I think it was and was cold enough the remainder of the week to have an ample amount of ammunition in the stands :)

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2014, 06:25 AM

Well we still had some of those squads on our 1981 schedule as we were in the last year of playing most of them scheduled a few years earlier: Central Connecticut, CW Post, Gettysburg and Merchant Marine come to mind. But that 1981 squad beat a solid Lehigh team in Bethlehem that year in an upset (10-3) and also played UNH tough in Easton in early November, after spotting them a 21-0 lead, falling 21-18 but driving in the mid 4th until Craig Williams fumbled the ball at midfield. A poster on here actually recovered it (he PMed me after I mentioned it on another thread). It was surmised that we didn't get an independent playoff berth (9-2 that first year of the Bill Russo era) because of the aforementioned four opponents (all wins of course).

PAllen
October 2nd, 2014, 09:46 AM

You guys have seen the ummm... gym ... that Hopkins plays basketball in right? I guess they could always go down the street to a local high school if they expected more then player's close friends and families to show up.

Bill
October 2nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Ha!

Yes, I've been to Hopkins many times over the years. Hopkins would need a major (think 10's of millions) facilities upgrades to compete at the DI level. Philosophically, they do support the purpose and mission of DIII athletics (with the interesting exception of lacrosse, for some reason :D). There's no way they are even thinking DI unless their exemption was forcibly removed from them...and even then, I'm not sure they would change!

Doc QB
October 2nd, 2014, 12:01 PM
You guys have seen the ummm... gym ... that Hopkins plays basketball in right? I guess they could always go down the street to a local high school if they expected more then player's close friends and families to show up.

I transferred from LU to JHU. They have less than zero interest. Tom Calder, the AD has told me at the golf outing each year. They already moved the only sport they really care about funding, men's Lax, to the Big 10. Skipped out on Patriot League. Move on people.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2014, 12:21 PM
One guy is upset that Lafayette/Fordham is being played on Friday night. Thoughts?

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/patriot_league_should_just_say.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fordham
October 2nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
One guy is upset that Lafayette/Fordham is being played on Friday night. Thoughts?

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/patriot_league_should_just_say.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter

I agree

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Jumping the gun and stating that I don't want to rain on Bogie's parade (he da man and his odds are consistently from the same source), but I just had to know:

Fordham 12 1/2 over Lafayette

Harvard 18 1/2 over Georgetown

Bucknell and Bryant are a pick 'em

Colgate 6 over Holy Cross

The lines have shifted - even since yesterday. (Changes are in BOLD)

Harvard (-18½) at Georgetown  o/u 44½

Bucknell (-1½) at Bryant  o/u 36½

Colgate (-7) vs. Holy Cross  o/u 42½

Fordham (-12½) vs. Lafayette  o/u 64

A few games in that "other" league:

Princeton (-28½) at Columbia  o/u 66

Yale (-10) at Cornell  o/u 64½

Brown (-8½) at Rhode Island  o/u 39½

Dartmouth (-8) vs. Penn  o/u 52½

Lis Additicius:

New Hampshire (-14) at Elon  o/u 45½ - I dare you.

Marist (-13) at Valparaiso  o/u 48½ - I DOUBLE dare you! xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2014, 12:46 PM

Yeah, but look at it this way. Not only will we have future Hall-of-Famer London Fletcher doing the play-by-play, we're going to have the indescribably lovely Melanie Collins as the sideline reporter:

http://www.melanie-collins.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Melanie-Collins-1261.jpg

Apologies to John Leone, but . . . . xholyx

EDIT: Notice to Lehigh (and all others) - Lafayette College hereby claims CBS Sports sideline reporter Melanie Collins (with her Leopard print motif) as second up on our two-deep behind Kate Upton. So you can't have her. xsmhx

Sandlapper Spike
October 2nd, 2014, 12:53 PM

He seems to think it's terrible, but that if the network telecast were on ESPN instead of CBS Sports Network, then maybe it wouldn't be so terrible. I'm not sure I'm buying that line of thinking.

I don't believe a Patriot League school hosting a Friday night game every other year or so is going to threaten the republic, anyway.

PAllen
October 2nd, 2014, 01:16 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2153347#post2153347)

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/spor...medium=twitter (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/patriot_league_should_just_say.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter)

I agree

+1

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Brad Wilson's article omits another important point (one that Tavani has mentioned in the past). A nationally-televised game allows potential recruits (and their families) across the country to see your school in action, with all the glitzy production features. But all those potential recruits (and their families) are at their own high school games on Friday nights.

So who's the audience? Patriot League fans (especially Lafayette fans) don't need national cable broadcasts. Our HD stream production (including booth talent, replays, telestrator, multiple camera angles, etc.) is as good as (and in some cases better than) the national broadcasts (although Melanie Collins might have a slight edge over John Leone in one particular measure of "talent"). The national broadcasts ought to be aiming for new viewers; people unaccustomed to PL football or who were unaware that PL games are broadcast. But again, a big chunk of this audience will be playing their own Friday night games.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2014, 04:17 PM
Long time reader, first time poster. Thanks for giving me the incentive to finally sign up, Pard :)

Didn't want this to get lost. Boogie Down, sorry but as a newbie it takes 10 posts before you are not moderated and can become a full fledged member so if you don't see your post right away that's why.

Glad to have you here!

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2014, 04:47 PM
It seems like our good and valued friends on the Fordham Board - each and every one to the last no doubt a Patriot League supporter - consider this week's opponent to be the cakey-ist of all cupcakes; one that they'll beat in a sound and convincing fashion, leaving no question as to Fordham's absolute league supremacy.

So to all of our dear, dear Ram brethren . . . here, have a slice.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ykfcj5.jpg

Just like last year, right? xpeacex

bulldog10jw
October 2nd, 2014, 04:52 PM
The lines have shifted - even since yesterday. (Changes are in BOLD)

Harvard (-18½) at Georgetown  o/u 44½

Bucknell (-1½) at Bryant  o/u 36½

Colgate (-7) vs. Holy Cross  o/u 42½

Fordham (-12½) vs. Lafayette  o/u 64

A few games in that "other" league:

Princeton (-28½) at Columbia  o/u 66

Yale (-10) at Cornell  o/u 64½

Brown (-8½) at Rhode Island  o/u 39½

Dartmouth (-8) vs. Penn  o/u 52½

Other league? I thought you were a Princeton fan now. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2014, 04:57 PM
All Lehigh fans should be rooting for a repeat of Lafayette's feat last season vs. the Rams.

Lehigh'98
October 2nd, 2014, 05:06 PM
All Lehigh fans should be rooting for a repeat of Lafayette's feat last season vs. the Rams.

Should we

RichH2
October 2nd, 2014, 05:52 PM
Always root for PL in OOC games. Pards vs Rams...naaah. Wont root for injuries,but a 4OT slugfest fine with me. :)

Fordhamanhattan
October 2nd, 2014, 05:54 PM
I doubt many Fordham enthusiasts are taking Friday's fray as a cupcake, or in terms the Marquis would understand croissant. The Leopards have a running back that ran wild against the Rams last year and a defense that gave us fits and four interceptions. I believe our defense is markedly improved by the return of Justin Yancey from injury the last two years and suspension the first three games of this year. He is big, strong with great quick feet. The Crusaders had no answer for him. in other words, a load. With his addition to Slate and Biestek. I think we stack up nicely upfront against the run this year.
On offense, we would certainly miss pre season all American Sam Ajala as it allows our opposition to pay more attention to our other potent offensive weapons but Marcus Jones did a great job for Ajala in the HC game.
I am looking forward to the contest. For our guests in the late Bronx afternoon, I would suggest slurping some oysters al fresco on Arthur Avenue or a cannoli and cappucino on one of the sidewalk cafes. if you try real hard, you can imagine you are in Siena.
Picks:
Fordham 45 Spotted Ones 14
Cambridgers 35 Hoya 14
Bison 24 Opponyant 7
Colgate 24 The Cross 23

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2014, 06:20 PM
Random poster on the Fordham Board: "Lafayette has as much of a chance in this one as does a fart in a tornado."*

What I find particularly fascinating is that the geniuses on Rose Hill are encouraging a "maroon out" - every Fordham-O-Phile is supposed to wear maroon. That way, the entire national television audience instantly will be able to distinguish Fordham's uniquely-attired fans from . . . uhh . . . err . . . wait, how does this work again?

*BTW, tornadoes rotate cyclonically. The stronger the pressure, the faster it comes right back atcha. Just sayin' . . . xrotatehx

BucBisonAtLarge
October 2nd, 2014, 07:12 PM
He seems to think it's terrible, but that if the network telecast were on ESPN instead of CBS Sports Network, then maybe it wouldn't be so terrible. I'm not sure I'm buying that line of thinking.

I don't believe a Patriot League school hosting a Friday night game every other year or so is going to threaten the republic, anyway.

Fordham plays at Bucknell on November 7, another Friday night on CBSSN, six days after hosting Lafayette for Homecoming.

Gate83
October 2nd, 2014, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=Bogus Megapardus;2153501]Random poster on the Fordham Board: "Lafayette has as much of a chance in this one as does a fart in a tornado."*

What I find particularly fascinating is that the geniuses on Rose Hill are encouraging a "maroon out" - every Fordham-O-Phile is supposed to wear maroon. That way, the entire national television audience instantly will be able to distinguish Fordham's uniquely-attired fans from . . . uhh . . . err . . . wait, how does this work again?

Excellent! Glad to hear the Gate will be getting some national exposure!

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2014, 09:18 PM
Pᴀᴘᴇʀ Bᴀɢ Pɪᴄᴋs

Bucknell at Bryant - Last out, I just knew that the Buffalo Valley Irregulars would quell NEC's best. So I'm predicting they can take out the NEC's second-best in similar fashion. Smithtown, Rhode Island just hasn't seen anything like R.J. Williams and C.J. Nitti. Bucknell 28-24

Harvard at Georgetown - We all saw how Hoya took it to Bruno last time out against Ivy and that victory still must have the juices flowing through the capillaries of the Georgetown faithful. I'm afraid Tim Murphy saw it as well; no doubt that he and his ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ minions have been studying that film with a laser-like focus. End result - the Crimson will make Johnnie Cakes out of Jorgé. Harvard 35-17

Lafayette at Fordham - Thrills, spills and swan-feather quills will dominate the early action. The Sheep will field a Pardsvillian punt at the two; the Fordham returner will circle back into his endzone, spying a three lane highway open on the other side of the field. But he'll trip and fall on the cut, bobble the ball, and a lost little Leopard accidentally will touch him down, resulting in a Lafayette safety (through no direct action or fault of their own). Fordham 27-2

Holy Cross at Colgate - This is the real PL game of the week, CBS Sports notwithstanding. I hate to pick against either but so far the Crusaders haven't been able to put together a complete game. Holy Cross' best looks better than Colgate's best but I'm afraid the flip side of that it true as well. The Raiders will have to pick it up on offense to win, and Holy Cross will have to pick it up on defense. The least mistake-prone team will win, which I think will be Colgate. Colgate 28-24

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2014, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=Bogus Megapardus;2153501]Random poster on the Fordham Board: "Lafayette has as much of a chance in this one as does a fart in a tornado."*

Colgate has enough national exposure via CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Safeway etc... I'm tired of colgate's overexposure.

Bogus Megapardus
October 2nd, 2014, 09:33 PM

Heh. You guys should send a random fan to hold up a maroon Colgate sign. xcoolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2014, 09:54 PM
4-1 last week, 23-5 overall....

Harvard 30 Georgetown 13 - The Hoya's defense should be able to keep the Crimson in check, relatively speaking, but it won't be enough....

Bucknell 27 Bryant 24 - I was a believer in the spring and I'm a believer now....

Colgate 20 Holy Cross 17 - The Gilmore hot seat really starts cooking....

Fordham 31 Lafayette 21 - 'Pards keep it "interesting" but never really threaten....

Leopard Loyalist
October 3rd, 2014, 07:53 AM
Friday

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM.... Has anyone picked the Leopards?

Saturday

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN..... Just like death and taxes

BUCKNELL @ Bryant..... Bison bubble bursts

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE..... Mystery game, go with the home team

van
October 3rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
Friday

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM.... Has anyone picked the Leopards?

of course not!

Bill
October 3rd, 2014, 08:49 AM
Pᴀᴘᴇʀ Bᴀɢ Pɪᴄᴋs

Bucknell at Bryant - Last out, I just knew that the Buffalo Valley Irregulars would quell NEC's best. So I'm predicting they can take out the NEC's second-best in similar fashion. Smithtown, Rhode Island just hasn't seen anything like R.J. Williams and C.J. Nitti. Bucknell 28-24

Harvard at Georgetown - We all saw how Hoya took it to Bruno last time out against Ivy and that victory still must have the juices flowing through the capillaries of the Georgetown faithful. I'm afraid Tim Murphy saw it as well; no doubt that he and his ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ minions have been studying that film with a laser-like focus. End result - the Crimson will make Johnnie Cakes out of Jorgé. Harvard 35-17

Lafayette at Fordham - Thrills, spills and swan-feather quills will dominate the early action. The Sheep will field a Pardsvillian punt at the two; the Fordham returner will circle back into his endzone, spying a three lane highway open on the other side of the field. But he'll trip and fall on the cut, bobble the ball, and a lost little Leopard accidentally will touch him down, resulting in a Lafayette safety (through no direct action or fault of their own). Fordham 27-2

Holy Cross at Colgate - This is the real PL game of the week, CBS Sports notwithstanding. I hate to pick against either but so far the Crusaders haven't been able to put together a complete game. Holy Cross' best looks better than Colgate's best but I'm afraid the flip side of that it true as well. The Raiders will have to pick it up on offense to win, and Holy Cross will have to pick it up on defense. The least mistake-prone team will win, which I think will be Colgate. Colgate 28-24

Hey, where's your Princeton pick? How will ol' Nassau do this weekend?

PAllen
October 3rd, 2014, 09:12 AM

Why?

crusader11
October 3rd, 2014, 09:18 AM
21-8 on the season...

Hard to pick against Fordham right now. I think Lafayette will hang in there, assuming their ground game is working with Ross S – probably the best back in the league.

Bryant is pretty good, plus they’ve had two weeks to prepare for this one. This will be Bucknell’s toughest game to date, and I think they slip up.

Harvard wins by four plus scores.

Make or break kind of game for Holy Cross. A loss here, coupled with a month-long stretch of road games in October, and things could get ugly. Colgate, I guess.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2014, 09:27 AM
Why?

That at least gives a chance for 150 to be a championship game. If Lehigh and Lafayette both lose to Fordham, 150 will only be for show.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
This game will either reveal that we're in for a dogfight all year long and will struggle to make the playoffs/contend for the title, or that we truly are on a different level from the rest of the league. Pard94 brings up a good point that our blowouts have been against cupcakes and our one tough opponent beat the living snot out of us. Today is when we find out if 'Nova was more of an anomaly or not.

Still dying to hear from Pard fans what is different about your lines this year than last. How is your OL versus last year? If you've lost some, I feel much bettah (nod to sader) about us going against Scheurmann since our DL is better than last year. Add in Nebrich and Edmonds and if you guys beat us, you're going to have played very well imo.

Last point, Bogie, we have more than a few cynical die hards on our board. Just realize that the one you quoted annoys everyone on the board much more than he ever could annoy a visiting poster. That one post is one of the few times he's predicted anything positive for Fordham though so we'll take what we can get. With his forced use of Bronx-ese, it quickly made sader's 'woostah-accented' writing link the two indelibly forever on our board. Horrible turn of events for sader's reputation on that board (unwarranted, but it is what it is) ...

Fordhamanhattan
October 3rd, 2014, 09:54 AM
This game will either reveal that we're in for a dogfight all year long and will struggle to make the playoffs/contend for the title, or that we truly are on a different level from the rest of the league. Pard94 brings up a good point that our blowouts have been against cupcakes and our one tough opponent beat the living snot out of us. Today is when we find out if 'Nova was more of an anomaly or not.

Still dying to hear from Pard fans what is different about your lines this year than last. How is your OL versus last year? If you've lost some, I feel much bettah (nod to sader) about us going against Scheurmann since our DL is better than last year. Add in Nebrich and Edmonds and if you guys beat us, you're going to have played very well imo.

Last point, Bogie, we have more than a few cynical die hards on our board. Just realize that the one you quoted annoys everyone on the board much more than he ever could annoy a visiting poster. That one post is one of the few times he's predicted anything positive for Fordham though so we'll take what we can get. With his forced use of Bronx-ese, it quickly made sader's 'woostah-accented' writing link the two indelibly forever on our board. Horrible turn of events for sader's reputation on that board (unwarranted, but it is what it is) ...

Plus ONE

Ramblin' Man
October 3rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Just realize that the one you quoted annoys everyone on the board much more than he ever could annoy a visiting poster. That one post is one of the few times he's predicted anything positive for Fordham though so we'll take what we can get. With his forced use of Bronx-ese, it quickly made sader's 'woostah-accented' writing link the two indelibly forever on our board. Horrible turn of events for sader's reputation on that board (unwarranted, but it is what it is) ...

Fully warranted, in my opinion. Sader is a pia and should return to the Holy Cross board once the game with Fordham has passed into history. His multiple posts about Holy Cross-Ivy League scheduling have nothing to do with Fordham and do not belong on our board. Go away, already.

While I think Lafayette will be "up" for tonight's game, Nebrich's mobility has been improving of late and Edmonds is the real deal. Fordham wins by at least 21 points. xnodx

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 10:22 AM
I like sader and think anyone who comes on and posts as respectfully as he did should be welcomed but that's just me. He coulda, shoulda, woulda maybe stopped at some point but that's only because he coulda, woulda, shoulda realized he was beating his head against the wall in the discussion.

If Nebrich is back to being Nebrich I feel very good about the game although I'd feel better if Ajala was in there. Nonetheless, worried that we're susceptible to a physical team who loves to ground and pound, as Lafayette does. Hope we're up to the task.

Sader87
October 3rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
25-4 on the year....2 tough ones this week. And to all my Fordham friends, Nomah was still bettah than Jeetah in his prime!!!

C&p'd from CROSSPORTS:

The HAL9000 is a little groggy from following late-night baseball in October....feeding him his morning punch-cahds he spewed back the following:

Fordham 31 Lafayette 20 HAL feels the Pard defense will keep them hanging around but ultimately the Rams soldier pass the Spotted Ones in da Bronx tonight.

Harvard 35 GTown 7 The Johnnies sputtered a bit in Providence last weekend but if Hempel is back at QB, the Crimson should roll along in DC Saturday. Actually they would roll if a 60 year old Milt Holt was quartebacking them this weekend methinks.

Those were the "easy ones" this weekend.

Bryant 20 Bucknell 17 This should be a very good contest. Two good defenses....HAL feels the Bulldogs ultimately eke it out at home.

Holy Cross 23 Colgate 20 Another game that could go either way according to HAL....Crusaders ultimately land on top in a see-saw, sloppy affair in a rainy Hamilton, NY.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Hey, where's your Princeton pick? How will ol' Nassau do this weekend?

Tigers will beat the hopeless Power Blue 23-1.

Now, the description of how that single point will come to be is slightly more esoteric than Lafayette's predicted safety. I haven't managed to figure it out completely, but I can tell you this - it involves multiple 10- and 15-yard penalties against Princeton in the conduct of a point-after try (such that the Tigers eventually commence the try from their own five), an errant snap, and an illegal spike. The whole thing ends up with a Columbia player securing the ball and executing a legal drop-kick from the Tigers' 12 yard line (on the Columbia side of the line of scrimmage) for - you guessed it - one point.

If anyone could pull this off, it would have to be Columbia.

Ramblin' Man
October 3rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
And to all my Fordham friends, Nomah was still bettah than Jeetah in his prime!!!

Jeter played 20 years with one team and posted a .310 batting average with 260 home runs. And he batted .343 in seven World Series.

Nosemar played only 14 years with 4 different teams in both leagues (9 years with the Red Sox). Durability was not his forte. He averaged less than 100 games a season over his entire career.

Rings: Jeter-5; Nosemar-1 (honoris causa).

In a classic example of bad timing, he was traded away from the BoSox in the summer of 2004, thereby missing the first Red Sox World Series championship in 86 years (the Red Sox players did vote to give him a ring, however).

Bill
October 3rd, 2014, 12:27 PM
How about a rouge ! :)

FordhamFan
October 3rd, 2014, 12:50 PM
One thing I'm worried about as a Fordham fan, the Rams OLine is shaky. Lafayette's DE Darren Wright will be going up against FR Anthony Coyle at RT.

Coyle might get beat like a mule. Not saying that it changes the outcome of an entire game, but I wouldn't be shocked if Fordham is punched in the mouth by the Leopards' DLine. Fordham can adjust, I don't have doubt about that, but it's something to consider.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
carney2 - please start the Lafayette/Fordham game thread on the Pard Board before kickoff! :D Thanx.

I'm pulling for the maroon team this time. xnodx

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 04:11 PM
carney2 - please start the Lafayette/Fordham game thread on the Pard Board before kickoff! :D Thanx.

I'm pulling for the maroon team this time. xnodx
Thanks! Me too!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2014, 04:11 PM
My picks this week:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/your-bye-week-patriot-league-viewing.html

One surprise.

Last week I was a perfect 5-0.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2014, 04:32 PM
OK,read your picks. A couple of surprises. Biggest...my guess Hoyas. :)

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 04:32 PM
One thing I'm worried about as a Fordham fan, the Rams OLine is shaky. Lafayette's DE Darren Wright will be going up against FR Anthony Coyle at RT.

Coyle might get beat like a mule. Not saying that it changes the outcome of an entire game, but I wouldn't be shocked if Fordham is punched in the mouth by the Leopards' DLine. Fordham can adjust, I don't have doubt about that, but it's something to consider.

No question that Lafayette will try to pressure Nebrich into errant throws/incompletions and that the DC will be looking for the vulnerable gaps (if any) in the Ram OL all game long. Also it's hardly a state secret that the Pards will pass rush an extra guy from different angles. The new 4-2-5 defense is designed (in part) to be able to do that while disguising coverages.

No doubt that Nebrich will avoid the pass rush by getting the ball out quickly on screens and that we'll get burned a few times when he does. I worry also that our secondary will get torched when left one-on-one deep. We're fine when our corners have help. But last week we lucked out a few times because of an inaccurate Wagner QB, when we bit on a run fake or we committed an extra guy (or even two) on a blitz. Nebrich's accuracy almost assures that we'll get torched if he has the time to set and make the throw.

Overall I think Lafayette's run defense has improved since last year but I still expect Fordham to run a lot - both to wear us down and to keep our secondary inching up that much closer.

On the Pard offense, Fordham can expect to see Ross Scheuerman left, Ross Scheuerman right, Ross Scheuerman up the middle, Ross Scheuerman all over the field. You'll know it's coming; the question will be if you can stop him. One missed tackle and he's off into the ether. Down field passes will be window dressing.

Looking for a great game tonight.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
About an hour until kick off! looking forward to this one!

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 04:37 PM
One surprise.

Aww, thanks, LFN! You're too kind. xembarrassedx

bulldog10jw
October 3rd, 2014, 04:52 PM
Tigers will beat the hopeless Power Blue 23-1.

Now, the description of how that single point will come to be is slightly more esoteric than Lafayette's predicted safety. I haven't managed to figure it out completely, but I can tell you this - it involves multiple 10- and 15-yard penalties against Princeton in the conduct of a point-after try (such that the Tigers eventually commence the try from their own five), an errant snap, and an illegal spike. The whole thing ends up with a Columbia player securing the ball and executing a legal drop-kick from the Tigers' 12 yard line (on the Columbia side of the line of scrimmage) for - you guessed it - one point.

If anyone could pull this off, it would have to be Columbia.

There is a one point safety, but I think you have to have scored a TD for it to be a possibility, so it could never be a teams only score.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 05:01 PM
There is a one point safety, but I think you have to have scored a TD for it to be a possibility, so it could never be a teams only score.

But Columbia doesn't do touchdowns. xrolleyesx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 3rd, 2014, 05:37 PM
Not good for Lafayette. Ajala is suited up and playing.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 05:46 PM
I didn't do my picks and yes the game has started, but I'd go: Fordham 38, Lafayette 17

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 05:47 PM
Game thread on Lafayette Board:

http://lafayettesports.myfreeforum.org/about2988.html

Game thread on Fordham Board:

http://fordhamfans.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.html

Go...gate
October 3rd, 2014, 10:23 PM
I'm too late to post Lafayette - Fordham, so no pick there.

Harvard 41, Georgetown 10

Bucknell 17, Bryant 14

Colgate 26, Holy Cross 21

Bonus pick: Princeton 45, Colunbia 16

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm too late to post Lafayette - Fordham, so no pick there.

Harvard 41, Georgetown 10

Bucknell 17, Bryant 14

Colgate 26, Holy Cross 21

Bonus pick: Princeton 45, Colunbia 16

Give yourself credit for the Fordham win... let's face it... everyone picked Fordham.

ngineer
October 4th, 2014, 09:19 AM
My picks this week:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/your-bye-week-patriot-league-viewing.html

One surprise.

Last week I was a perfect 5-0.

Man, what were you smoking? (;-). I picked Fordham 45-21. With Nebrich in and LC without Reed, I saw no way. Add to the fact the revenge factor for last year. I didn't get to see the game, so what was with the two point conversion after the last score? Was that intended?

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2014, 09:36 AM
24-5 on the year, 4-1 last week (thought about changing Lehigh last second but didn't, oh well)

Rams 38, Pards 17 from yesterday

Harvard 42, Georgetown 10

Bucknell 28, Bryant 17... Bison for real

Colgate 31, Holy Cross 24... I just question the direction of HC right now, and those who watch this team closely seem to talk them down alot.

Sader87
October 4th, 2014, 10:07 AM
24-5 on the year, 4-1 last week (thought about changing Lehigh last second but didn't, oh well)

Rams 38, Pards 17 from yesterday

Harvard 42, Georgetown 10

Bucknell 28, Bryant 17... Bison for real

Colgate 31, Holy Cross 24... I just question the direction of HC right now, and those who watch this team closely seem to talk them down alot.

I don't think it's so much "talking them down" as more frustration than anything. Offense has been very spotty and the D, while bettah this year, still seems to need work in some areas.

Today is a very telling game....first game in a couple weeks that they should be on an even playing field in terms of overall talent etc

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 10:49 AM
what was with the two point conversion after the last score? Was that intended?

It was a d*ck move. Just like the cheap onside kick.

Fordham now has stolen the crown as Queen of the Tauntocrats and it isn't even close. Pretty ballsy stuff for an erstwhile Division III nobody that has exactly a season and a half of decent FCS football in its history. But hey - everyone loved the expletive-laden, criminal-sanctifying "music" blaring throughout the place. So that's something, I guess. A class move.

We have very long football memories in Easton. We've been at this one heck of a lot longer than Fordham and have been exponentially more successful. Lafayette and Fordham will meet again, and Lafayette will win, just like the last 23 out of 32 times the two have played (it isn't even close).

But hey, you guys won this one, and deservedly so. Wish I could say, "good game," but . . . .

carney2
October 4th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Man, what were you smoking? (;-). I picked Fordham 45-21. With Nebrich in and LC without Reed, I saw no way. Add to the fact the revenge factor for last year. I didn't get to see the game, so what was with the two point conversion after the last score? Was that intended?

Yes, intentional. The Rams went for it after Lafayette got two after their final TD. Lots of this crapola in the game. One Fordham receiver ran parallel to the goal line as a taunt for a long way before stepping in for a TD. Nebrich took every snap and was still throwing late. With seconds to go, Fordham was on the Lafayette goal line and it was very surprising that Nebrich was directed to go "victory" on the final play. Not an evening of healthy play the game sportsmanship in the Bronx. For now I'm going with Moorhead sux. When this bunch gets their doors blown off again in the playoffs, that will be me with the big smile.

crusader11
October 4th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Not being able to watch the Georgetown - Harvard game for free on the PLN is so Georgetown.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Not being able to watch the Georgetown - Harvard game for free on the PLN is so Georgetown.

Crusader11 - check you PM. I just sent you a link to the Harvard - Georgetown game that I can confirm is working. I'm watching it now

Anybody else want the link just PM me.

crusader11
October 4th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks, Bogie.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Yes, intentional. The Rams went for it after Lafayette got two after their final TD. Lots of this crapola in the game. One Fordham receiver ran parallel to the goal line as a taunt for a long way before stepping in for a TD. Nebrich took every snap and was still throwing late. With seconds to go, Fordham was on the Lafayette goal line and it was very surprising that Nebrich was directed to go "victory" on the final play. Not an evening of healthy play the game sportsmanship in the Bronx. For now I'm going with Moorhead sux. When this bunch gets their doors blown off again in the playoffs, that will be me with the big smile.

Moorhead certainly was using this game to send a message, perhaps to Lafayette, perhaps to the whole league. I wasn't sure Fordham was all that after their relatively easy early schedule and the Villanova blowout. Now, um, I'm sure.

Fordham
October 4th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Between the whining here and on the Lafayette board, last night showed yet again that the only thing worse than losing to Lafayette is actually beating them.

To bitch about a first half onsides kick when the score is 17-3 is stunning to me. As though the only way to show proper respect to the Pards at that point in the game is to stop trying so hard. It was ballsy and arguably stupid in a risky way as we could have given you tremendous field position .... but to start with the 'classless' comments at that point show how absurdely sensitive a crew you have in Easton. I heard all last year about the smack our guys received from your players and the fans on the walk to the locker room last year when we got our beating. It happens. I don't particiPate or enjoy it but to be so 'shocked, shocked' by things like a first half onsides kick should be embarrassing to you guys.

You got beat. It happens as we are good this year. Deal with it. I sure as hell hope I'm not whining like this when we these guys graduate and the rest of the PL is more competitive next year and beyond and we will be in a dogfight week in, week out.

Man up

crusader11
October 4th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Maybe it's just me, but Georgetown's offense doesn't look terrible. They can't run the ball, but passing attack ain't shabby. They, at least, look like they belong on the field with Harvard.

Fordhamanhattan
October 4th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Lafayette is known for its trick plays. Tried a flea flicker last night that we were ready for, but I guess doesn't think the opposition can throw in a wrinkle or two. You have been at what for longer than we have? By the way, folks (as Mr Obama would say) who watch a game on computer and complain about attendance puzzle me.

Gater
October 4th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Thought the Fordham receiver was running down the clock before the end of the first half to try to keep Lafayette from having time to to score (there was two minutes left). Thought it was genius. The announcers said he was the smartest player the Fordham coach had ever coached. The onside was just good coaching--they saw something and exploited it. The game was not out of reach at that point--Lafayette had it down to two scores in the third and was driving--if any part of you thought Lafayette could have tied it, then you can't question the coach for doing the onside before that. As for the two point conversion at the end, it doesn't seem to make much sense. With that big of a lead, putting a for-sure point on the board makes more sense than possibly taking one off to try to get two. I didn't see the Fordham-Villanova game but I don't understand what happened. That is a good-looking team.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Lafayette is known for its trick plays. Tried a flea flicker last night that we were ready for, but I guess doesn't think the opposition can throw in a wrinkle or two. You have been at what for longer than we have? By the way, folks (as Mr Obama would say) who watch a game on computer and complain about attendance puzzle me.

No offense, but that Lafayette flea-flicker was horribly executed. Not one soul in the stadium was fooled by that.

Fordhamanhattan
October 4th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Villanova would have beaten us in any case but our efforts went down hill quickly after being locked in a storage room for an hour because of lightning in the first quarter. They had the revenge factor going for them as we beat them the year before and Nebrich couldn't run in that game.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 11:54 AM
the whining . . . on the Lafayette board . . .

It's our board and we'll whine if we want to! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/tantrum.gif

Lehigh'98
October 4th, 2014, 11:57 AM
It's our board and we'll whine if we want to! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/tantrum.gif

The whining about the onside kick makes you sound like a bunch of women. Anything goes in 2nd qtr when it's a 14 point game. Nothing shady at all about it. Man the f up and recover it.

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2014, 12:06 PM
The whining about the onside kick makes you sound like a bunch of women. Anything goes in 2nd qtr when it's a 14 point game. Nothing shady at all about it. Man the f up and recover it.

And you're whining about... the whining... so we have old women and cranky old men around here...

carney2
October 4th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Between the whining here and on the Lafayette board, last night showed yet again that the only thing worse than losing to Lafayette is actually beating them.

The only thing worse than losing is losing to a program with no class. It comes from the top and I say again,

Moorhead sux!

No problem here with the onsides kick. Great call. Good execution. The guy running across the goal line was NOT however killing time. He was showboating and taunting.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 12:19 PM
And you're whining about... the whining... so we have old women and cranky old men around here...

Did you hear the one about the old fart caught in a tornado . . . http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/saisons/automne/tornade5.gif

Lehigh'98
October 4th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I don't like running up the score, but in this case, that isn't close to what happened. Fordham will get their comeuppance in the next few years, assuming the rest of the league doesn't botch up the recruiting. Frankly, I'm not overly impressed with the scholarship players so far minus some talent on Fordhams team.

Go...gate
October 4th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Thought the Fordham receiver was running down the clock before the end of the first half to try to keep Lafayette from having time to to score (there was two minutes left). Thought it was genius. The announcers said he was the smartest player the Fordham coach had ever coached. The onside was just good coaching--they saw something and exploited it. The game was not out of reach at that point--Lafayette had it down to two scores in the third and was driving--if any part of you thought Lafayette could have tied it, then you can't question the coach for doing the onside before that. As for the two point conversion at the end, it doesn't seem to make much sense. With that big of a lead, putting a for-sure point on the board makes more sense than possibly taking one off to try to get two. I didn't see the Fordham-Villanova game but I don't understand what happened. That is a good-looking team.

I remember a key on-side kick Colgate used in the 2003 NCAA I-AA Semifinal against Florida Atlantic. It worked beautifully and helped Colgate take further control of the game.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Bryant up on Bucknell 14-0 in the first half. If you're going to watch turn down the sound. The Bryant announcer is really irritating. Yodeling violently into the microphone to the point of hypermodulation does not a broadcast career make.

Go...gate
October 4th, 2014, 12:35 PM

I agree with this. Going all the way back to Pop Warner FB, we were taught to be alive and alert on kickoffs.

crusader11
October 4th, 2014, 12:36 PM
10-0 Purple up in Hamilton. Dominating all aspects thus far.

Go...gate
October 4th, 2014, 12:39 PM
10-0 Purple up in Hamilton. Dominating all aspects thus far.

Had a feeling Holy Cross would be ready to play very well.

Fordham
October 4th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I remember a key on-side kick Colgate used in the 2003 NCAA I-AA Semifinal against Florida Atlantic. It worked beautifully and helped Colgate take further control of the game.
Ah, yes, I remember that. If memory serves, all of AGS was up in arms over how unsportsmanlike you guys were with that low class move. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Cmon Bucknell! Need another comeback.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Bryant up on Bucknell 14-0 in the first half. If you're going to watch turn down the sound. The Bryant announcer is really irritating. Yodeling violently into the microphone to the point of hypermodulation does not a broadcast career make.

For a second I thought it was Bucknell's announcer.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 01:10 PM
The miracles of high-speed digital technology - I'm watching all three PL streams on a big, wide, three-way split screen, all in glorious HD. There's no better life!

Crusaders came ready to play and are looking very strong. Gate is going to have to score before the half, here, to stay in it.

Cantabs mowing down Hoya but Hoya hanging in there and playing smart and tough.

Orange is Annoying. WTF you guys? Down 27-0 to Anita Bryant? Not what anyone expected.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Crusader secondary looks as if they have a copy of Gate's playbook.

TheValleyRaider
October 4th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Holy Cross 17
Colgate 13
Halftime

Pretty good game so far. Crusaders came out ready to play, but we're right in this one. Nice to see Melville making some throws downfield after mostly screens over the last couple of weeks. Not running as well as I would like, but better as the half went on. Both teams sprinkling in some trick plays for big moments, though our fake punt at midfield was definitely more important overall (HC's play for the score was big, but even if they fail, we're still backed up inside our own 5).

I feel pretty good so far, though the defense needs to make a few more plays in the 2nd half. Colgate gets the ball to start...

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Harvard 34, Georgetown 3 - Final

Tim Murphy interview; very gracious and complementary.

RichH2
October 4th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Bison ,a schedule created mirage? A bit surprised at half.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Bryant helped a lot by a fake punt TD, a fake FG setting up another one. Also, two Nitti INTs have played large.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Buffaloes are dropping the soap big time.

Cross/Gate is an excellent game, on the other hand.

The Boogie Down
October 4th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Didn't want this to get lost. Boogie Down, sorry but as a newbie it takes 10 posts before you are not moderated and can become a full fledged member so if you don't see your post right away that's why.

Glad to have you here!

Thanks Grizz Man! Just 8 more before my sure to be drivel becomes unmoderated!

...As for this thread, too late for league picks but c'mon Laughers, surely you remember Bill Russo running up the score on a certain transitioning D-III team?

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 01:55 PM
surely you remember Bill Russo running up the score on a certain transitioning D-III team?

But graciously and with good sportsmanship as always, Boogie. xrolleyesx

Just a couple of no-scholarship teams on a friendly Saturday afternoon . . .

The Boogie Down
October 4th, 2014, 02:02 PM
But graciously and with good sportsmanship as always, Boogie. xrolleyesx

Just a couple of no-scholarship teams on a friendly Saturday afternoon . . .

Hey, whatever, just glad you could see it! I'm almost in the club :)

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I'm almost in the club.

Ought we be concerned? xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Wheels coming off for Bucknell, now down 34-7 after giving up a 96 yard TD run.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Bucknelladillos bitin' the green dingleberry. 34-7 near the end of the 3rd.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Wheels coming off for Bucknell, now down 34-7 after giving up a 96 yard TD run.

Shoulda worn the Phosphorescent Orange pants.

TheValleyRaider
October 4th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Holy Cross 17
Colgate 13
End 3rd

Only 3 drives in the quarter. HC with a pick in the end zone to prevent a score, then Colgate with one deep in their territory. Raiders driving to start the 4th. Gonna be a good finish, you should probably turn this one on xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Holy Cross 17
Colgate 13
End 3rd

Only 3 drives in the quarter. HC with a pick in the end zone to prevent a score, then Colgate with one deep in their territory. Raiders driving to start the 4th. Gonna be a good finish, you should probably turn this one on xnodx

Best PL game of the weekend by far.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Another friggin Bucknell turnover. Looks like they picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 4th, 2014, 02:14 PM
TD 'Gate!!

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Mellvile in for the Gate TD to take the lead.

TheValleyRaider
October 4th, 2014, 02:15 PM
TOUCHDOWN MELVILLE! First lead of the day!

20-17 Colgate
11:26 4th

RichH2
October 4th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Great googly moogly, Bison losing the entire bus not just the wheels. Very surprised at the lack of competitiveness. Bryant a solid team but a rout?

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Great googly moogly, Bison losing the entire bus not just the wheels. Very surprised at the lack of competitiveness. Bryant a solid team but a rout?

Worse even than Fordham-Lafayette!

- - - Updated - - -

Pujlas gets picked. HC should have Frankosaured.

TheValleyRaider
October 4th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Another Pujals pick deep in Colgate territory!

20-17 Colgate
7:35 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 4th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Pujals stared down his wr and the Raiders get the pick. HC was inside the Colgate 25....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Like I've been saying losing is in Holy Cross heads.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:28 PM
I'm sniffin' an OT in Hamilton.

EDIT: err . . . maybe not.

DOUBLE SECRET EDIT: Maybe so. Gate got the first down.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 02:29 PM
What is that, three empty Red Zone trips for Cross? All three were past midfield at least.

RichH2
October 4th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Pujols seems not nearly approaching his play of last year.

crusader11
October 4th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Not a good game for Pujals. Made two very bad decisions/throws in the redzone.

Also, mistake by the HC offensive coordination, keep the ball on the freaking ground!

The Boogie Down
October 4th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Ought we be concerned? xlolx

Eh, perhaps for the rest of this season. Then of course in 2023/2024 when we'll be again due another payback tour.
BTW, digging your new Ft. Apache location, Bogus! Remember to have "Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it, THE BRONX keeps creating it and Queens keeps on faking it" blaring from your Beats and you'll be A-OK xthumbsupx

Lehigh'98
And there goes the PL's last hope at an at large minus Fordham with Bryant blowing the doors of of Bucknell today.

Go Lehigh TU owl

Seems like he thinks he has to do everything himself. The HC offense can brutal to watch at time. The Crusaders have so few playmakers on offense....

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:38 PM

And Mellville's stock appears to be rising.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 4th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Melville rushes for what should be the clinching first down....

RichH2
October 4th, 2014, 02:42 PM
And Mellville's stock appears to be rising.
Not impressed with him either. Good runner inconsistent passer. Cross D enhancing his performance today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 4th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Colgate can take a knee now.

I simply don't see how TG can keep his job if the HC season continues like this. The last 3 weeks for HC was far too predictable imo. They seems destined for another losing season....

TheValleyRaider
October 4th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Good win for the Raiders! 2-0 in League play xnodx

Princeton next week

RichH2
October 4th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Since I picked Gate,not unhappy if they win. Sort of balances my pick of BU :)

Fordham
good game and congrats Gate. HC continues its slide but this was clearly a winnable game. The clocks are out in full force for Gilmore from HC fans

Lehigh Football Nation
Congrats to Gate, gutty win with an improving defense.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Congrats to Gate. Great game!

ColgateTD
October 4th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Tough loss for HC. Played a good game and showed a good D. Despite calls for TG's head, if it weren't for a pick of Pujals pass by Armiento the Cross probably would get the W. Can't blame coach for that INT. Good win by Gate but I'm not sold that they can do any better than 2nd in the league if they are lucky.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:50 PM
good game and congrats Gate. HC continues its slide but this was clearly a winnable game. The clocks are out in full force for Gilmore from HC fans

Awesome avatar, Fordham. Were we deserving, I'd up that with a lost little lamb braying annoyingly. But I'm sticking with the paper bag until further notice.

crusader11
October 4th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Pujals had two terrible passes in the redzone today. Can't blame Gilmore for bad reads. Can blame Gilmore for not continuing to run the ball -- HC had 187 yards on 32 carries (5.8 average).

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Winding down to the end of the fourth quarter and the Buffaloes still are attempting to play football. 34-15. What a Cluster F.

An embarrassment to PL football and we'll likely hear all about it from NEC carpetbaggers.

Bill
October 4th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Not trying to pat myself on the back....but had a bit of a Creskin-type week xnodx

Went 4-1 last week...yes, I picked Lehigh for my only blemish.

This puts me at 21-8 for the year. Here is a shot at week 6:

LAFAYETTE @ FORDHAM - Fordham in a very cool Friday night contest. 34-20

Harvard @ GEORGETOWN - The school that has produced the most Presidents visits the nation's capital. Not sure there's any future Commanders in Chief on this Harvard team, but I think they have more than enough to win. Harvard, 27-7

BUCKNELL @ Bryant - I think Bryant has been swimming in the deeper end of the talent pool thus far...and has too many athletes of their own to lose this one. Bryant, 24-14

HOLY CROSS @ COLGATE - Would love to see Gilmore get a big road win...but I think they'll be lighting torches and getting serenaded by the "swinging gates" after this one. Colgate, 23-21

Bye: LEHIGH - as per LFN, I think we still struggle to hold Bye to under 14 points. :)

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Bryant graciously takes a knee to end the game, 34-15. Funny that I didn't see a single Bryant player or coach urging them to go for it and run up the score. I mean, they had all their times out left . . .

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Not trying to pat myself on the back....but had a bit of a Creskin-type week xnodx

Nice job!

Now, can you pull a rabbit out of that hat? :p

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 03:07 PM
PL Power Rankings:

1. Fordham
2-7. Pick name out of hat

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM
PL Power Rankings:

1. Fordham

It's probably something like -

Fordham
Colgate
Bucknell/Lafayette
Holy Cross/Lehigh
Georgetown

Any one of 2-7 might beat any other, but none can beat Fordham.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 4th, 2014, 03:21 PM
PL Power Rankings:

1. Fordham

Outside of Fordham the league appears to be terrible. I don't think Lafayette or HC would be any better than 0-4 with Lehigh's schedule. Colgate continues to have the most upside given the amount of change the program experienced since last year. Bucknell's performance today was dreadful. The Bison now appear the product of a cupcake schedule....

carney2
October 4th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Colgate can take a knee now.

I simply don't see how TG can keep his job if the HC season continues like this.

Holy Cross is a lot like Lafayette - I'm not sure that you will find the word "win" anywhere in the football coach's job description. Personally, I think that rumors of Tom Gilmore's death are greatly exaggerated. My bet is that he gets at least the full complement of scholarships before anyone in the administration schedules a meeting with him.

carney2
October 4th, 2014, 04:10 PM
The carney2 Patriot League Power Ratings:

1. Fordham

(Big space indicating the gap between no. 1 and anyone else.)

2. (Tie) Colgate/Lafayette - One of the most important men in the Patriot League will be Lafayette defensive coordinator Art Link. Can he be the first Pard coach in decades to stop the 'gate run/read?

4. Bucknell - Hanging in 4th by a thread after today.

5. Holy Cross - One of these days the good will overcome the bad for the 'saders. You don't want to be the other guy that day.

6. Lehigh - No D = no hope.

7. Georgetown - Still has that Little Engine That Could aura about them. Not a gimme.

The Boogie Down
October 4th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I think the Bison simply had a bad week against a good team while on the road (deep on the road by PL standards). To me they're still the only league opponent I'm worried about despite Colgate's quick turnaround.

ColgateTD
October 4th, 2014, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=carney2;2154682]The carney2 Patriot League Power Ratings:

2. (Tie) Colgate/Lafayette - One of the most important men in the Patriot League will be Lafayette defensive coordinator Art Link. Can he be the first Pard coach in decades to stop the 'gate run/read? = QUOTE)

Art Link should take a look at the Gate-HC first half tape. He may find what he wants there. The Cross stymied Gate time and again before halftime. Of course after the half, well.....

Sader87
October 4th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Holy Cross was the better team today....they beat themselves.

Should have been about a 10 point win for HC....beyond disgusted. xsmhx

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Georgetown - Still has that Little Engine That Could aura about them. Not a gimme.

Yep, and we get the Hoyas next week - sandwiched right between Fordham and Harvard. Another potential "trap" game.

I've watched a good amount of Georgetown football this season. The Hoyas do not, by any stretch, play "bad" football. They know they're outgunned on the talent side by most of their opponents but when you watch, you can see that Rob Sgarlata is making all the right calls at all the right moments. And they're executing the those plays to the maximum extent that their roster talent will permit.

I know that Tavani never takes any opponent lightly but I'm concerned that the team might do so. The players might be looking for an outlet for the Fordham loss and they could be thinking that they'll run all over Georgetown. That just isn't going to happen. Georgetown is looking to take it to us and they're capable of doing just that. We can kiss the season good-bye if this game turns out to be another classic Lafayette "Wha' Happened" moment. And we all know what those look like.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Holy Cross was the better team today.

I'm inclined to agree. It was the mistakes - the worst ones at the most vulnerable moments. Gate played a conservative game while HC was gun-n-go the whole way. I think perhaps Gilmore tried to deliver the knockout blow too early, and then one too many times. Puljas - not sure if he tried too hard to see what wasn't there or if it was a result of the plays he was given.

I think I mentioned this on Crossports - just a small dose of Frankosaurus might actually have been a good thing for Cross late in the third and going into the fourth.

aceinthehole
October 4th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Winding down to the end of the fourth quarter and the Buffaloes still are attempting to play football. 34-15. What a Cluster F.

An embarrassment to PL football and we'll likely hear all about it from NEC carpetbaggers.

A 34-15 win for Bryant over Bucknell - you bet! The truth hurts ...

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 05:28 PM
A 34-15 win for Bryant over Bucknell - you bet! The truth hurts ...

It was a disaster for the Bison - from whom we all expected a great deal more. I believe most people on this thread picked Bucknell to win, or that the score would be a whole lot closer. Bryant's defense held Nitti and Williams in check and, perhaps most important, caused a number of critical turnovers. Bucknell couldn't even get off the starting block. I knew that Bryant had good offensive capability but it was Bryant's defense that triggered the victory.

Gate83
October 4th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Holy Cross was the better team today....they beat themselves.

Should have been about a 10 point win for HC....beyond disgusted. xsmhx

Was at the game. HC definitely had the upper hand in the first half, but it was clear in the 2nd that the teams were evenly matched & our Oline was wearing out the HC D. Couple of mistakes by the Cross QB, but Cross defense also gave up a 7 minute drive to end the game... I don't think "the better team" allows that.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Was at the game. HC definitely had the upper hand in the first half, but it was clear in the 2nd that the teams were evenly matched & our Oline was wearing out the HC D. Couple of mistakes by the Cross QB, but Cross defense also gave up a 7 minute drive to end the game... I don't think "the better team" allows that.

Heh. It's best left for you guys to duke it out post-mortem. xslapfightx

aceinthehole
October 4th, 2014, 05:48 PM
It was a disaster for the Bison - from whom we all expected a great deal more. I believe most people on this thread picked Bucknell to win, or that the score would be a whole lot closer. Bryant's defense held Nitti and Williams in check and, perhaps most important, caused a number of critical turnovers. Bucknell couldn't even get off the starting block. I knew that Bryant had good offensive capability but it was Bryant's defense that triggered the victory.

And in other news, Sacred Heart's mighty defense held Delaware to just 7 points at home in a 10-7 victory for the Pioneers.

Maybe that makes the Lafayette loss in Fairfield sting Leopards fans a bit less? ;)

Sader87
October 4th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Bucknell was always ovah-rated this year imo....Sacred Heart is decent but this may be the weakest Blue Hen team in a long time.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Maybe that makes the Lafayette loss in Fairfield sting Leopards fans a bit less?

No, not even a little. But it does raise questions about the enigma that has become the 2014 Bucknell Bison.

aceinthehole
October 4th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Bucknell was always ovah-rated this year imo....Sacred Heart is decent but this may be the weakest Blue Hen team in a long time.

Please ... the Hens were good enough to beat Colgate and win at JMU already this year.

Lehigh'98
October 4th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Please ... the Hens were good enough to beat Colgate and win at JMU already this year.

I can never understand why fans get so excited when their conf rivals win. Lehigh sucks this year. I'm not going to go bat**** crazy when Fordham, Colgate or Lafayette win OOC games. In fact, I kinda chuckle a bit. I'm glad Laf got shanked by SHU. Bottom line, CCSU still stinks regardless of how Bryant or SHU does. I like to see the NEC win some of these games. Makes for a more exciting future. anyway, my nonsensical ramblings are over. Glad you are happy ace. My season is miserable because Lehigh has their worst team ever.

Sader87
October 4th, 2014, 06:22 PM

Neither Colgate nor JMU is good this year either.

Good for Bryant and Sacred Heart so fah this year but they really haven't beaten anyone who I'd consider "good/playoff caliber"

aceinthehole
October 4th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I can never understand why fans get so excited when their conf rivals win. Lehigh sucks this year. I'm not going to go bat**** crazy when Fordham, Colgate or Lafayette win OOC games. In fact, I kinda chuckle a bit. I'm glad Laf got shanked by SHU. Bottom line, CCSU still stinks regardless of how Bryant or SHU does. I like to see the NEC win some of these games. Makes for a more exciting future. anyway, my nonsensical ramblings are over. Glad you are happy ace. My season is miserable because Lehigh has their worst team ever.

I take joy in reading Lehigh and Delaware fans wallow in losses to "inferior" teams from the NEC more than I'm happy to see SHU or Bryant win. :)

aceinthehole
October 4th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Neither Colgate nor JMU is good this year either.

Good for Bryant and Sacred Heart so fah this year but they really haven't beaten anyone who I'd consider "good/playoff caliber"

Of course the CAA is no good this year because they are 2-5 vs. the NEC. xrotatehx

What's their record vs. the Patriot?

Lehigh'98
October 4th, 2014, 06:26 PM
I take joy in reading Lehigh and Delaware fans wallow in losses to "inferior" teams from the NEC more than I'm happy to see SHU or Bryant win. :)

Who from NEC has beat Lehigh? I don't remember

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 06:33 PM
I can never understand why fans get so excited when their conf rivals win.

I do enjoy watching other PL teams beat OOC foes but perhaps not for the same reasons that some others enjoy watching their conference rivals beat OOC foes. Always I would root for a Colgate victory over, say, Maine (just as a random example) but I would presuppose no Lafayette superiority over Maine from that result, nor would I reckon any general Patriot League advantage over the CAA by transference. I simply feel affinity towards others in our league because I like the schools and because my friends, associates, colleagues and family attended those schools.

Lehigh'98
October 4th, 2014, 06:35 PM
I do enjoy watching other PL teams beat OOC foes but perhaps not for the same reasons that some others enjoy watching their conference rivals beat OOC foes. Always I would root for a Colgate victory over, say, Maine (just as a random example) but I would presuppose no inference of Lafayette superiority over Maine from that result, nor would I reckon any general Patriot League advantage over the CAA by transference. I simply feel affinity towards others in our league because I like the schools and because my friends, associates, colleagues and family attended those schools.

So u r saying u root for Lehigh?? Thanks Bogey that means a lot!!!

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I take joy in reading Lehigh and Delaware fans wallow in losses to "inferior" teams from the NEC.

For eons I've wished the English language contained a convenient, reasonably poetic equivalent to the German schadenfreude. It would make everyday conversation, both serious and small, much more reliable.

Let's not get carried away here . . .

Engineer86
October 4th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Of course the CAA is no good this year because they are 2-5 vs. the NEC. xrotatehx

What's their record vs. the Patriot?

All I know is I can thank CCSU for to free beers from the local CCSU alum bar owner. But you keep on trying.

- - - Updated - - -

I do enjoy watching other PL teams beat OOC foes but perhaps not for the same reasons that some others enjoy watching their conference rivals beat OOC foes. Always I would root for a Colgate victory over, say, Maine (just as a random example) but I would presuppose no Lafayette superiority over Maine from that result, nor would I reckon any general Patriot League advantage over the CAA by transference. I simply feel affinity towards others in our league because I like the schools and because my friends, associates, colleagues and family attended those schools.

I am with you on this.

RichH2
October 4th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Absolutely. Bottom line the better we all do OOC ,the better it is for each of us individually .

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Bucknell has been an enigma all along. They didn't choke on any of their cupcakes but came close to choking against VMI and hardly looked great vs. Cornell. They looked strong against SHU at home, but most thought they would be tested on road vs. Bryant.

Sader87
October 4th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Bucky beat SHU on the road.....

SHUAlumni55
October 4th, 2014, 08:58 PM

I am only making a point that "underdog conferences" are not as "underdog" as favorites want and NEED them to be. The records and games speak for themselves.

Pards Rule
October 9th, 2014, 11:11 AM

With revenge!!