PDA

View Full Version : D-I FCS AD salaries(?).

Panther88
September 25th, 2014, 10:22 AM
The NDSU hire sparked a personal interest as I'd like to know how other D-I FCSers AD salaries are situated.

PVAMU pays an unqualified individual 157K$ annum to maintain historically loser programs and not seek outside investment in the athl dept.

darell1976
September 25th, 2014, 10:43 AM
UND's Brian Faison has a base salary of 164k that goes through 2017.

http://collegesportsbusinessnews.com/issue/august-2012/article/north-dakota-extends-ad-faison-s-contract

813Jag
September 25th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Southern's AD William Broussard makes $138,000

NoDak 4 Ever
September 25th, 2014, 10:49 AM
As I said before, My guess would be in the 200k range. Gene Taylor was making about 180k 5 years ago. I can only guess with the way things are rolling now, it has to be a high value position.

Panther88
September 25th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I'm highly interested in SHSU's and SFA's AD's salaries. I think Texas Southern's is in the 155K$-162K$ range.

clenz
September 25th, 2014, 11:46 AM
$195,474.00 for UNI's Troy Dannen

Mattymc727
September 25th, 2014, 11:48 AM
the UNH AD makes just over 200k.

get this, the UNH hockey coach makes almost twice that at 382k! the states highest paid employee! And he hasnt even won a national title!!!! xconfusedx

BisonFan02
September 25th, 2014, 11:49 AM

get this, the UNH hockey coach makes almost twice that at 382k! the states highest paid employee! And he hasnt even won a national title!!!! xconfusedx

That sounds familiar......

NoDak 4 Ever
September 25th, 2014, 12:01 PM
That sounds familiar......

Good lord, I hope Faison isn't making even 1/3 of what Hak is making.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 25th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I'm highly interested in SHSU's and SFA's AD's salaries. I think Texas Southern's is in the 155K$-162K$ range.

How did you arrive at the amount? Anyway, you're not in range.

darell1976
September 25th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Good lord, I hope Faison isn't making even 1/3 of what Hak is making.

Dave Hakstol makes 300k base with 135k in bonus money.

Bisonator
September 25th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Dave Hakstol steals 300k base with 135k in bonus money.

FIFYxthumbsupx

darell1976
September 25th, 2014, 12:12 PM
FIFYxthumbsupx

He keeps our team winning, and helps makes Stanley cup champs out of players. Gotta pay the best to keep them. (See Craig Bohl)

Panther88
September 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM
How did you arrive at the amount? Anyway, you're not in range.

Since I'm wrong and was guesstimating, you could have easily used those previous 63 keystrokes and put the correct amt there. Too much like right. *smgdh*

Ol' boy was in the 117-127K therabouts or so range @ PVAMU and when he left, I know his salary increased.

pvdogteam
September 25th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Since I'm wrong, you could have easily used those previous 63 keystrokes and put the correct amt there. Too much like right. *smgdh*

Ol' boy was in the 117-127K therabouts or so range @ PVAMU and when he left, I know his salary increased.

Yep he was definitely bribed away from PV so they gave him more money

Panther88
September 25th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Yep he was definitely bribed away from PV so they gave him more money

Moreso Dr Wright didn't... let me shut up. :D ;)

pvdt, did you see some of the comparable salaries for FCS ADs and how PVAMU's piss poor dude is screwing the school out of $$$ to maintain a losing program(s)? If we need to start firing folks, it starts w/ that guy. And then up to the president of the university. xreadx

citdog
September 25th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Chattanooga AD should be making more than the Alabama AD.

lehigh is to high

Bisonator
September 25th, 2014, 01:20 PM
He keeps our team winning, and helps makes Stanley cup champs out of players. Gotta pay the best to keep them. (See Craig Bohl)

Until they choke in the frozen four. And anyone could get players to UN_, it's one of 59 total programs where else would they go? xlolx

BisonBacker
September 25th, 2014, 01:23 PM

How hard is it when you compete against 59? Of those 59 22 are otherwise classified as either D-II or D-IIIschools. What he gets paid is criminal xnodx

IBleedYellow
September 25th, 2014, 02:03 PM
How hard is it when you compete against 59? Of those 59 22 are otherwise classified as either D-II or D-IIIschools. What he gets paid is criminal xnodx
But guuuuuyyyysss IT'S A MAJOR DIVISION ONE SPORT! UNLIKE FCS FOOTBALL! IF I YELL IT ENOUGH IT HAS TO BE TRUE!

BEAR
September 25th, 2014, 03:25 PM
UCA-

Teague, Bradley B.
UCA
Head Coach/Athletic Director
$147,445.00

3rd Coast Tiger
September 25th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Since I'm wrong and was guesstimating, you could have easily used those previous 63 keystrokes and put the correct amt there. Too much like right. *smgdh*

"Guesstimating" at $155K-$162K had me curious as to how you arrived at $162K (not $160K or $165K but $162K).

Anyway, you are a very intelligent individual with connections in extremely high places from what you tell us so I'll let you inform the public.

Sorry for the additional SMGDH keystrokes.

clenz
September 25th, 2014, 03:27 PM
UCA-

Teague, Bradley B.
UCA
Head Coach/Athletic Director
$147,445.00

Wait...your AD is a coach?

chattanoogamocs
September 25th, 2014, 03:36 PM
David Blackburn, Chattanooga, $185,000 plus some car and housing allowances

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/apr/21/blackburn-official-as-utc-athletic-director/

BEAR
September 25th, 2014, 03:37 PM

No. I think he coached baseball at one time though. I think that is just a "general" title required by the state. Haven't seen him coach anything...but I have seen the assistant A.D.s jump on the coaching role when coaches left ..at least until they were filled. So I guess if necessary he would have to? maybe?

chattanoogamocs
September 25th, 2014, 03:42 PM

There aren't many places that are still doing that. Long time Austin Peay basketball coach David Loos was also the Athletics Director for 16 years.

If I remember correctly, Tennessee Tech used to be even stranger, for a long time they a full time professor who was also the (part time) Athletics Director.

http://ovcsports.com/news/2013/4/1/GEN_0401134854.aspx

clenz
September 25th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I know a good number of coaches teach a class of some kind - fundamentals of football/basketball/volleyball/etc...

I know at the D3 level a decent number of head coaches (usually football) are the ADs, but even D3s are going away from that and are going to being an "associate AD"

JayJ79
September 25th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Wasn't Farley the interim AD for a few months while UNI conducted its search/hiring process that brought in Dannen?

McNeese72
September 25th, 2014, 04:06 PM
The NDSU hire sparked a personal interest as I'd like to know how other D-I FCSers AD salaries are situated.

PVAMU pays an unqualified individual 157K$ annum to maintain historically loser programs and not seek outside investment in the athl dept.

No comment!! I wouldn't want to get a letter/phone call from the adminisitration threatening legal action if I don't shut up. ;)

Doc

Panther88
September 25th, 2014, 04:07 PM
"Guesstimating" at $155K-$162K had me curious as to how you arrived at $162K (not $160K or $165K but $162K).

Anyway, you are a very intelligent individual with connections in extremely high places from what you tell us so I'll let you inform the public.

Sorry for the additional SMGDH keystrokes.

The troll in your dna is a bit much, eh? lol

caribbeanhen
September 25th, 2014, 04:12 PM

sounds like he needs a summer job without pay

clenz
September 25th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Wasn't Farley the interim AD for a few months while UNI conducted its search/hiring process that brought in Dannen?
Yes...

If I'm not mistaken that was spring/summer when all the schedules were done and he was just making sure the ship didn't hit an iceburg

clenz
September 25th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Yes...

If I'm not mistaken that was spring/summer when all the schedules were done and he was just making sure the ship didn't hit an iceburg
I did some looking.

Farley was named interim AD Jan 31st, 2008 effective Feb 1, 2008.

That was a Friday, and the recruiting period was over that following Tuesday...meaning he had "nothing" going on until spring camp

At that time he has been a student athlete/GA/coach at UNI for 13ish seasons

http://www.uni.edu/newsroom/uni-names-interim-director-of-athletics

He had almost no power to make decisions. He oversaw the day to day operations making sure, as I said, the ship didn't hit an iceburg in the middle of the night. Any decision he made had to be run through Vice President Tom Shellhardt.

Troy Dannen was named AD on May 29th, 2010

http://www.unipanthers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205206471

Farley was interim AD for 117 days. During which time there was really nothing on the football plate, or athletic plate as all fall schedules were pretty much completed and winter schedules are done by/with a ton of input from the coaches.

McNeese75
September 25th, 2014, 07:55 PM
No comment!! I wouldn't want to get a letter/phone call from the adminisitration threatening legal action if I don't shut up. ;)

Doc

:D Yeah, I was tempted to comment about what we are getting for our money but I thought better of it. Their Banhammer might be bigger.

danefan
September 25th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Lee McElroy was making $280k at Albany before he retired in June. I assume our new AD got somewhere in the $225-$250k range.

kab
September 25th, 2014, 08:27 PM
But guuuuuyyyysss IT'S A MAJOR DIVISION ONE SPORT! UNLIKE FCS FOOTBALL! IF I YELL IT ENOUGH IT HAS TO BE TRUE!
Best buy pays part of the ndsu ad to keep the players out of their store

BisonFan02
September 25th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Derp Derp Derp, har har har, blah blah blah

FIFY...

i_got_a_fever
September 25th, 2014, 11:02 PM
$181,534 for Justin Sell at SDSU.

da_bears
September 25th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Kyle Moats (Missouri State AD)

$160,302. + use of the chancellor's residence, a country club membership and an entertainment expense account. If he completes the four-year agreement, he will qualify for a $40,000 retention bonus and eligible to receive achievement payments based on student academic achievement, conference placements, appearances in the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament and attendance.

ysubigred
September 26th, 2014, 01:47 PM
YSU's AD.... Should be $0.00 xpissedx

Panther88
September 26th, 2014, 02:49 PM
YSU's AD.... Should be $0.00 xpissedx

If so, PVAMU's should be @ -0.00. xsmhx He's a newbie inheriting a habitual and historical losing set of programs but still... I'd think SOME semblance of positive advacement would occur.

SDFS
September 26th, 2014, 06:35 PM

You should read up on the Dayton rule... http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-07/sports/sp-1055_1_division-ii

clenz
September 26th, 2014, 06:42 PM
You should read up on the Dayton rule... http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-07/sports/sp-1055_1_division-ii
You should do more reading on the rule

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
September 26th, 2014, 07:48 PM

WTF does the Dayton Rule have to do with college hockey? Your championship is currently held by a Division III school. 3 years ago it was a Division II school. Before NDSU and DU were shoved up to Division I, 2 of your winningest programs in terms of championships were Division II schools.

Small potatoes swimming with a few big ones.

SDFS
September 26th, 2014, 11:01 PM
WTF does the Dayton Rule have to do with college hockey? Your championship is currently held by a Division III school. 3 years ago it was a Division II school. Before NDSU and DU were shoved up to Division I, 2 of your winningest programs in terms of championships were Division II schools.

Small potatoes swimming with a few big ones.

I am simply pointing to the fact that a FCS message board is ripping on college hockey - when both FCS football and college hockey have a large mix of schools. I just think its kind of funny when you really think about it. So, yes ND4E you are correct the Dayton rule has nothing to do with hockey but it has everything to do with DIII football programs playing at the FCS level because they got kicked out of DIII. The same DIII status that you hack on in hockey - thats all...

SDFS
September 26th, 2014, 11:07 PM
You should do more reading on the rule

What do you want to know!?!

clenz
September 26th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I am simply pointing to the fact that a FCS message board is ripping on college hockey - when both FCS football and college hockey have a large mix of schools. I just think its kind of funny when you really think about it. So, yes ND4E you are correct the Dayton rule has nothing to do with hockey but it has everything to do with DIII football programs playing at the FCS level because they got kicked out of DIII. The same DIII status that you hack on in hockey - thats all...
There are no d3 football programs in the fcs.

You clearly have zero understanding of the Dayton rule

SDFS
September 27th, 2014, 12:01 AM
There are no d3 football programs in the fcs.

You clearly have zero understanding of the Dayton rule

Previously Dayton competed in the D III football championship. Then D III kicked them out and the NCAA put them in FCS football. So you have a mix of what used to be considered D III now playing in FCS. So, I guess you can make a stand that there is no D III in FCS football - but they are just non scholarship FCS football programs I guess. I look at this way, without the Dayton rule would Dayton be playing D III or FCS.

"Under NCAA legislation known as the "Dayton Rule," the Gauchos are ineligible to compete in the Division III playoffs. The rule excludes multiclassification schools from the Division III rankings and playoffs.
The legislation was passed by Division III delegates in 1983 as a result of the University of Dayton's lopsided 63-0 victory over Ithaca of New York in the Division III championship game in 1980."

So, yes you are right Dayton is not D III football but they would love to play D III along with a lot of FCS schools. A large percentage of FCS schools are looking for minimal football budgets so they can play DI Basketball and if you don't get that I got nothing for ya.

clenz
September 27th, 2014, 06:54 AM
There were never at d2 colleges/universities playing d3 football

SDFS
September 27th, 2014, 08:22 AM
There were never at d2 colleges/universities playing d3 football

Sure sounds good, how those Delta Devils doing.. who do they play today??

BisonFan02
September 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Sure sounds good, how those Delta Devils doing.. who do they play today??

Yup! Who do YOUR Delta Devils play today Clenzy? :D

Dane96
September 27th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Lee McElroy was making $280k at Albany before he retired in June. I assume our new AD got somewhere in the $225-$250k range.

Yup, $250k base, $500 a month car allowance, and golf club reimbursement expenses.

clenz
September 27th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Yup! Who do YOUR Delta Devils play today Clenzy? :D
My fellow hbcu brethren take on Alabama AM at home today at 4 central winning time.

Should be a great game, great atmosphere, and gorgeous weather.

Looking forward to it...

Damn, people are clueless