PDA

View Full Version : A Civil War in Dixie

The Gadfly
November 4th, 2006, 02:09 PM
BIG SOUTH vs SoCon 2006

So far the Big South record is 3-3 against the SoCon with Western Carolina down @ Liberty this week (11/4). Next week will be the last game between the two conferences this season with Gardner-Webb hosting Wofford. Will the SoCon be 5-3 against such an inferior conference (as CitDog calls it)? Is the Big South gaining any respect?

Coastal89
November 4th, 2006, 02:14 PM
BIG SOUTH vs SoCon 2006

So far the Big South record is 3-3 against the SoCon with Western Carolina down @ Liberty this week (11/4). Next week will be the last game between the two conferences this season with Gardner-Webb hosting Wofford. Will the SoCon be 5-3 against such an inferior conference (as CitDog calls it)? Is the Big South gaining any respect?
VMI plays El Cid the last week of the season.

The Gadfly
November 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM
DAMN ... forgot about the Runnin' Roos against La Cid next week. :bang: THAT would be the perfect game for the braggin' right for Dixie.

OL FU
November 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Maybe a little distorted. Four of the games are against the best BigSouth team. and they are 2-2.

The Gadfly
November 4th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Maybe a little distorted. Four of the games are against the best BigSouth team. and they are 2-2.

aaaaand we were beaten by a crappy GSU team but beat a superior Furman team. Lost to Elon but beat Wofford who is beating the crap out of GSU. This whole season is distorted my friend. I truely believe the second coming is upon us :eek:

OL FU
November 4th, 2006, 02:34 PM
aaaaand we were beaten by a crappy GSU team but beat a superior Furman team. Lost to Elon but beat Wofford who is beating the crap out of GSU. This whole season is distorted my friend. I truely believe the second coming is upon us :eek:

:D :D :D :D I understand.

I guess my point was when 2/3 of the games are against one team it is tough to tell. Liberty is beating WCU 21-0:rotateh: Western is truly awful

The Gadfly
November 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM
:D :D :D :D I understand.

I guess my point was when 2/3 of the games are against one team it is tough to tell. Liberty is beating WCU 21-0:rotateh: Western is truly awful

Liberty is too my upstate friend.

Sly Fox
November 4th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Easy now ... you barely escaped against that truely awful Flames squad just seven days ago at home.

The Gadfly
November 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Sorry Sly, just going by the records.

Sly Fox
November 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM
We're 4-5 on the season with four of our losses by a touchodwn or less. But I understand.

rokamortis
November 4th, 2006, 08:11 PM
We're 4-5 on the season with four of our losses by a touchodwn or less. But I understand.

I know you are being optimistic - but 2 of your wins are against sub DI programs. The other two against programs with a combined record of 3-15.

BR AppMan
November 4th, 2006, 08:28 PM
SOCON
Top Five App St. Furman, Ga.So. Wofford, anybody, SOCON wins 3-2 against any top 5 in big S. after that big "s" goes 0-4 bottom halves head to head. Worst case scenario ----Eight time Nat'l Champ con. 7 "big south" 2.

The Gadfly
November 4th, 2006, 11:37 PM
SOCON
Top Five App St. Furman, Ga.So. Wofford, anybody, SOCON wins 3-2 against any top 5 in big S. after that big "s" goes 0-4 bottom halves head to head. Worst case scenario ----Eight time Nat'l Champ con. 7 "big south" 2.

WOW! How many years has the SoCon been around? And you can give me what ever scenerio/EXCUSE you want, the high and mighty SoCon should not have lost ONE game against the puny Big South. Right now your fellow SoCon brothers are making the rest of you look like you play in an inferior conference.

MarkCCU
November 5th, 2006, 12:31 AM
SOCON

buddy, why ""'s around South? is it not in the south?:confused:

OL FU
November 6th, 2006, 07:04 AM
WOW! How many years has the SoCon been around? And you can give me what ever scenerio/EXCUSE you want, the high and mighty SoCon should not have lost ONE game against the puny Big South. Right now your fellow SoCon brothers are making the rest of you look like you play in an inferior conference.

Let's not forget that we get to play again next year:nod: :D :smiley_wi

OL FU
November 6th, 2006, 07:13 AM

I know, why do you think I was saying WCU was awfulxlolx xlolx

Sorry WCU and Liberty:o

SoCon48
November 6th, 2006, 08:02 AM

WCU not only has hardly won a game but is decimated by injuries. Their worst team in years.

Dabnus Brickey
November 6th, 2006, 09:03 AM
I'll be honest, I'm not really putting any stock into the Big South vs. SoCon discussion. They have a tradition that dates back many many years and we're only starting. You don't argue against a tradition that's as rich as theirs. I'm a CCU guy and I'm pulling for El Cid this week, by the way. Their home games are fun, I'm going, its free, and I'm tailgating with some formers players who happen to be good friends of mine.

psc2445
November 6th, 2006, 09:48 AM
i'll give some credit to the big south this year. they are showing improvemnent, regardless of which teams play which teams. they have shown they can compete with us.(socon) will we just have to wait and see what the future holds

Eaglegus2
November 6th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Let's not forget that we get to play again next year:nod: :D :smiley_wi

YEP!!! Georgia Southern will return the trip to Coastal Carolina next year. Our fans are looking forward to the weekend at Myrtle Beach.:hurray: :hurray:

OH!!! Is there a football somewhere in the neighborhood?:smiley_wi

OL FU
November 6th, 2006, 09:58 AM
YEP!!! Georgia Southern will return the trip to Coastal Carolina next year. Our fans are looking forward to the weekend at Myrtle Beach.:hurray: :hurray:

OH!!! Is there a football somewhere in the neighborhood?:smiley_wi

Take your clubsxlolx

MarkCCU
November 6th, 2006, 10:00 AM
what the **** is SOCON? What the **** is football? Where am I? Who's CatfishCCU? How'd you get my name...don't talk to me

Coastal89
November 6th, 2006, 10:08 AM
what the **** is SOCON? What the **** is football? Where am I? Who's CatfishCCU? How'd you get my name...don't talk to me
I don't know him but I heard he's gay.xlolx

MarkCCU
November 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
really? i hear Mark is very hetero and a great lay from all the women i've spoken with..but that's just the opinion of about 6 women so....

MarkCCU
November 6th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I don't know him but I heard he's gay.xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx buzzzzzing!

The Gadfly
March 28th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Just wanted to tell the world that the Big South is 11-5 against the mighty SoCon in baseball as of 03-28-07 for the 2007 season :D . CCU beat the "mighty" Cougs of the College of Charleston last night @ Charleston and have those yapping muts of La Cid on 4/24 and the puttycats again in May. xthumbsupx

MarkCCU
March 28th, 2007, 11:48 AM

I don't remember posting that. I must've been drunkxlolx

BigApp
March 28th, 2007, 12:11 PM
that's great!

citdog
March 29th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Just wanted to tell the world that the Big South is 11-5 against the mighty SoCon in baseball as of 03-28-07 for the 2007 season :D . CCU beat the "mighty" Cougs of the College of Charleston last night @ Charleston and have those yapping muts of La Cid on 4/24 and the puttycats again in May. xthumbsupx

all we do is beat ccu in baseball and do mean things to them like knock them out of the regionals! we have dominated that series and will continue.

MarkCCU
March 29th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I don't like your tone Citdog...down boy DOWN

CCU97
March 29th, 2007, 05:53 PM
all we do is beat ccu in baseball and do mean things to them like knock them out of the regionals! we have dominated that series and will continue.

Hmm...all you do is beat us...SERIES VS. THE CITADEL: Coastal leads the all-time series with The Citadel 31-28. The two teams met three times in 2004, with the Chanticleers taking both regular-season matchups, but falling in the NCAA regional. CCU defeated The Citadel 12-3 in Charleston and 8-5 in Conway. When the two teams matched up in the NCAA Columbia Regional, The Citadel defeated Coastal 10-1. Coastal has won three games in a row at Charles Watson Stadium/Vrooman Field.

Sure you won the regional meeting in 04....but as for all you do....Not even close....

citdog
March 29th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I don't like your tone Citdog...down boy DOWN

i'm fine, just took my meds!

CCU97
March 29th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry I forgot mine today...lol

citdog
March 29th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Hmm...all you do is beat us...SERIES VS. THE CITADEL: Coastal leads the all-time series with The Citadel 31-28. The two teams met three times in 2004, with the Chanticleers taking both regular-season matchups, but falling in the NCAA regional. CCU defeated The Citadel 12-3 in Charleston and 8-5 in Conway. When the two teams matched up in the NCAA Columbia Regional, The Citadel defeated Coastal 10-1. Coastal has won three games in a row at Charles Watson Stadium/Vrooman Field.

Sure you won the regional meeting in 04....but as for all you do....Not even close....

When was CCU's Omaha trip again?

AppMan
March 29th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I take offense to the name of this thread! Civil War indeed!!! Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows it was the "War of Northern Aggression!"

Tod
March 29th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I take offense to the name of this thread! Civil War indeed!!! Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows it was the "War of Northern Aggression!"

Well, you've got to be aggressive to win, don't you? :D