PDA

View Full Version : Montana and Delaware fans might enjoy...

Tod
November 4th, 2006, 01:59 AM
A few years ago I wouldn't have given this a second thought. Glad I found AGS...

Delaware fans might find this kind of nice. I was hoping the Butte, America newspaper, The Montana Standard, might report on the Anaconda Copperhead football game tonight (I think tonight). All I could find is the day-of story, but interesting...

Harold "Tubby" Raymond’s Deleware Wing-T offense has been in use by high school and collegiate football teams since the 1950’s. During that same time period, Anaconda High had won one road playoff road game n 14-0 win over Sidney in 1951 n before last week’s miraculous victory.

The article doesn't seem to have come out well on the website, but the point is clear. :nod: :nod:

Also, I didn't realize when I was in HS just how bad we apparently suck(ed) at football. Damn.

http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2006/11/04/sportsprephighschool/hjjdiijfjihcgi.txt

DuckDuckGriz
November 4th, 2006, 03:24 AM
:rotateh: Good article Tod, but is it really that hard to spell Delaware?

Oh and congrats to AHS. :D :nod:

RadMann
November 4th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Cool article...

As an aside, the Wing T offense was primarily the creation of Delaware Head Coach and fellow Michigan alumnus Dave Nelson. Nelson brought Tubby to UD as an assistant. Tubby was very successful using the offense.

Tubby, Nelson and Nelson's predecessor at UD head coach all are in the College Football Hall of Fame.