PDA

View Full Version : FAMU To The SWAC? New Report Says It Should Consider

FYI85
September 14th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Would FAMU be better off financially in the SWAC? A new report suggests so.

http://bit.ly/1sTZYso

Sly Fox
September 14th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Why not consider the Big South which is a tighter geographic area to Tallahassee and would allow football scheduling opportunities for classics with the higher profile SWAC & MEAC schools? Their budget would fit in middle of the pack and would raise the profile of their non-revenue sports.

Just spit-balling.

Big Dawg
September 15th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Why not consider the Big South which is a tighter geographic area to Tallahassee and would allow football scheduling opportunities for classics with the higher profile SWAC & MEAC schools? Their budget would fit in middle of the pack and would raise the profile of their non-revenue sports.

Just spit-balling.

All options are on the table

However, the SWAC match-ups are very appealing...we have a few old rivals in the SWAC

But all of this is just talk...the MEAC is our home right now

WileECoyote06
September 15th, 2014, 07:43 AM
The deep south MEAC schools have been making this complaint about travel affecting their budgets for years. They could have found a new home, or even left to form a new conference and already completed the auto-bid waiting period.

Form the Southern Atlantic Conference with Savannah St, Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman, South Carolina State, Alabama State and Alabama A&M. Every one is happy, everyone is closer.

MEAC would then be more compact and we can play a full schedule to determine the regular season champions.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 15th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Just become an independent and do you. xthumbsupx

WestCoastAggie
September 15th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Jackson State would jump to that conference as well if it ever forms.

813Jag
September 15th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Jackson State would jump to that conference as well if it ever forms.
Southern could fit that too

BluBengal07
September 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM
if they try to create a new conference, they might need to call up some D2s, if qualities.

more than likely FAMU is going to say in the MEAC or go independent.

WileECoyote06
September 15th, 2014, 03:12 PM

This makes no sense. Why would Southern leave the SWAC? Do they want a shot at the FCS playoffs?

813Jag
September 15th, 2014, 03:28 PM
This makes no sense. Why would Southern leave the SWAC? Do they want a shot at the FCS playoffs?
A few months ago there were some rumblings. I'm sure if it was beneficial to the school they'd look into it. My post was just from my perspective, adding Southern wouldn't stretch the footprint much.

WileECoyote06
September 15th, 2014, 05:07 PM
And if they are willing to add non-HBCUs, I wouldn't be surprised if UNA and UWG accepted at an invite. There was a time when both were clamoring to join Division I.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Someone actually paid for this report?

bluedog
September 15th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Someone actually paid for this report?

Exactly, I've been posting that info for the last decade or so for free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

BucBisonAtLarge
September 15th, 2014, 07:47 PM
And Howard can move to the Patriot...

bluedog
September 15th, 2014, 08:43 PM

Start your own thread, this ain't about Howard.

OhioHen
September 16th, 2014, 06:07 AM

It isn't about Southern either, but you didn't jump down the throat of the first one to post about the Jaguars. xchinscratchx

bluedog
September 16th, 2014, 06:09 AM
It isn't about Southern either, but you didn't jump down the throat of the first one to post about the Jaguars. xchinscratchx
You're a special kinda dumb aren't ya?

OhioHen
September 16th, 2014, 06:26 AM
You're a special kinda dumb aren't ya?

For calling you out on your hypocrisy? If that is "a special kinda dumb" then I am guilty as charged.

BluBengal07
September 16th, 2014, 07:00 AM
813Jag did fire up the Southern chatter bluedog. read the contributions. no point of this back-and-forth of you and OhioHen. you're kinda late.

BluBengal07
September 16th, 2014, 07:02 AM
And if they are willing to add non-HBCUs, I wouldn't be surprised if UNA and UWG accepted at an invite. There was a time when both were clamoring to join Division I.

UNA was the first D2 i thought of with this prototype conference.

bluedog
September 16th, 2014, 08:38 AM
813Jag did fire up the Southern chatter bluedog. read the contributions. no point of this back-and-forth of you and OhioHen. you're kinda late.

So, who the hell is he? The Howard police?

Tell him bring it up with 813

BluBengal07
September 16th, 2014, 08:57 AM
just an option plug man from him, no bash. but do what makes you feel better.

i understand FAMU is trying to cut cost, but is this the best time to try to change conferences? are they welcomed? can they support the (exit/enter)fees, if there are any?

superman7515
September 16th, 2014, 09:35 AM
i understand FAMU is trying to cut cost, but is this the best time to try to change conferences?

They left the MEAC twice for much less than finances, haha. Hope it works out for them if that's what they choose.