PDA

View Full Version : San Diego backers, sign here!!!

TxSt02
November 3rd, 2006, 11:07 AM
Im with you guys! Good luck down the stretch!!!

AppGuy04
November 3rd, 2006, 11:09 AM
Good Lord, we know you guys suck this year, but don't jump to the USD ship

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2006, 11:39 AM
xlolx

bobcatfan06
November 3rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Ok, I'm just wondering what are all you guys going to say IF, notice I said IF, USD actually beats someone in the playoffs. Probably won't but what are ya'll going to do if they do?

AZGrizFan
November 3rd, 2006, 11:47 AM
Ok, I'm just wondering what are all you guys going to say IF, notice I said IF, USD actually beats someone in the playoffs. Probably won't but what are ya'll going to do if they do?

Same thing I'll say if Hamtpon ever beats anybody in the playoffs:

Did HELL just freeze over? Are pigs flying?

th0m
November 3rd, 2006, 11:49 AM

I'll give them their earned respect.

Until then, they are here to prove me wrong.

Torero Tradition
November 3rd, 2006, 11:54 AM
Count me on the San Diego bandwagon :)
Nice Avatar TXST02!

89Hen
November 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Probably shut down the board and disband the Old Guard.

andy7171
November 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
If they do make the post season, I would think they'd be the lowest seed. Meaning they'd play AppSt UMass or Montana. If they were to beat one of them, I'd give them the credit they would be due. Because that would be damned impressive.

usdtoreros
November 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM
I didn't want to start a new USD thread, but here is an article on Josh Johnson in today's paper. It also has a video for those of you who have yet to see him play (not the best quality, but better than nothing). Even I think Harbaugh is going a little overboard this time with his "best quarterback in all of college football." xlolx

Josh Johnson UT Article (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/usd/20061103-9999-lz1s3playmake.html)

UMass922
November 3rd, 2006, 12:12 PM

If they win, they win, and my hat will go off to them. Truth be told, I really have no idea how good San Diego is. If they get in the playoffs, who knows, they might win some games and show that they can indeed compete with the top-flight teams in the division.

But that will not mean that anyone was wrong who argued that USD's regular-season resume was not playoff-worthy. Because it isn't playoff worthy. Speculation that a team might be one of the best teams in the division is not sufficient for a playoff berth. Playoff berths must be awarded instead to teams that have offered substantial evidence that they can compete with the best teams in the division.

But, once the field is set (however unfairly), I just hope that the games are entertaining (and, most importantly, that UMass wins). I bear no grudge against San Diego and will not necessarily root against them.

DUPFLFan
November 3rd, 2006, 01:59 PM
I want SD to get in the playoffs - to show the rest of 1-aa that a non-scholly team can be good.

Also because Drake may be able (if they win out) to go to the Gridiron classic...

And finally then I can remove the first line of my signature...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
Was this thread really necessary? I mean, honestly? :bang: :bang: :flagged:

GOTOREROS
November 3rd, 2006, 02:09 PM
Was this thread really necessary? I mean, honestly? :bang: :bang: :flagged:

I agree. As much as people want to blame USD fans for all the talk most of it is started by non-USD fans. Take a look at the different thread authors and then sit back in your chair and assign blame...

CSU BUCS
November 3rd, 2006, 02:13 PM
I'm not against USD, but I am against all these freaken threads.

GOTOREROS
November 3rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
I'm not against USD, but I am against all these freaken threads.

Fair enough....I agree. Someone needs to stop the "trolls" from starting the threads. Lots of non-USD people trolling along today....

bandl
November 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Fair enough....I agree. Someone needs to stop the "trolls" from starting the threads. Lots of non-USD people trolling along today....

I think that's because everyone's excited for their big games tomorrow...the fridays before AGS always seems to be the most wound up days of the year. :nod:

AppGuy04
November 3rd, 2006, 02:23 PM
I think that's because everyone's excited for their big games tomorrow...the fridays before AGS always seems to be the most wound up days of the year. :nod:

wait, I thought USD played on Fridays

oh no, thats just their high school opponents:smiley_wi

November 3rd, 2006, 02:29 PM
San Diego backers, sign here!!! X_________________ co-sign

I-AA ALL THE WAY!

AZGrizFan
November 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
X_________________ co-sign

I-AA ALL THE WAY!

Bandwagoner. :cool: :cool: :cool:

November 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM
every I-AA squad has my backing.

AZGrizFan
November 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
every I-AA squad has my backing.

How very politically correct of you. :thumbsup:

November 3rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
How very politically correct of you. :thumbsup:Just a fact, nothing PC about it.

GGASU
November 3rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
I am on the wagon with you San Diego. But a new nickname is needed.......

The San Diego Grizzley Slayers

jmuroller
November 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM
If they do make the post season, I would think they'd be the lowest seed. Meaning they'd play AppSt UMass or Montana. If they were to beat one of them, I'd give them the credit they would be due. Because that would be damned impressive.

Earth to Andy. Only 4 teams are seeded. The rest are sent to the closest school to them.

GOTOREROS
November 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
Earth to Andy. Only 4 teams are seeded. The rest are sent to the closest school to them.

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.
Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance.

AZGrizFan
November 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
I am on the wagon with you San Diego. But a new nickname is needed.......

The San Diego Grizzley Slayers

You'd better HOPE somebody upsets the Griz, AppBoy. Afore they take you to the woodshed in Chatty. :p :p ;) :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

AZGrizFan
November 3rd, 2006, 03:06 PM
"So you're saying I have a chance.........."

Beautiful. Your first post with any substance in about a week.

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

bandl
November 3rd, 2006, 03:07 PM
You'd better HOPE somebody upsets the Griz, AppBoy. Afore they take you to the woodshed in Chatty. :p :p ;) :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I remember hearing that alot in December of 2004...it stopped quite suddenly on the night of the 17th. :p

November 3rd, 2006, 03:07 PM
Don't be alarmed folks, azgrizfan has a history of posting smack on the Discussion Board... :(

YaleFootballFan
November 3rd, 2006, 03:08 PM
Add me to the list of USD backers, even though you guys are responsible for our only defeat thus far. :eek:

I actually have ties to San Diego as I have family in Del Mar/LaJolla and I visit the city at least twice a year. In fact I'm heading out there next month. I've actually become a fan of all SD sports teams, including at one time the now defunct Gulls hockey team.

So with that said....GO TOREROS!! :thumbsup:

GOTOREROS
November 3rd, 2006, 03:08 PM
Beautiful. Your first post with any substance in about a week.

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

I edited to put the complete quote in, better context - xlolx xlolx xlolx

GOTOREROS
November 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM
Don't be alarmed folks, azgrizfan has a history of posting smack on the Discussion Board... :(

OUCH!

DetroitFlyer
November 3rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
I'm a big fan of any PFL team!

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM

Good thing Southland has an Auto-Bid....

Whoever wins the conference may be lower than an undefeated San Diego...

GrizzlyEdd
November 3rd, 2006, 04:53 PM
The football gods willing that the Griz win out, I know that I am not alone in extending a large welcome to Washington-Grizzly Stadium to all those folks from San Diego... Come on up and party with us. We really are good people outside of the stadium... inside, now that is another thing...

Hope to see more CA folk up here after we see a bunch of old friends from Cal Poly this weekend....:nod::thumbsup:

TxSt02
November 6th, 2006, 10:17 AM
anybody else??? you have to at least like these guys a little bit... for at least the city!

USDFAN_55
November 6th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Of course I'm an SD fan!!!!

BeauFoster
November 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I saw a USD sweatshirt on a fella in Boone on Saturday. I wanted to go talk to him (politely, no smack, just ask him if he was a fan or what have you) but my wife wouldn't let me get out from under the blanket. He had on an ASU toboggan, but it was kinda cool to see a possible west coaster scouting a possible first round opponent!