PDA

View Full Version : Is the MVFC better than the Big Ten this year?

salukidean
September 14th, 2014, 02:59 PM
What ya think?

Twentysix
September 14th, 2014, 03:01 PM
No?

Mattymc727
September 14th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Are they better than Chattanooga?

salukidean
September 14th, 2014, 03:02 PM
You dudes on crack?

Mattymc727
September 14th, 2014, 03:06 PM
What if we are?

ValleyTalk
September 14th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I saw a similar thread on the Akron Zips forum.... The answer to the Akron fans and to you, No.

The B10 is still better than the MVFC. Silly topic, move on.

salukidean
September 14th, 2014, 03:13 PM
The Big 10 is just a collection of ****ty teams this year while the MVFC is the best conference ever in the history of FCS football. Its a topic worthy of discussion.

Silenoz
September 14th, 2014, 03:18 PM
lol

taper
September 14th, 2014, 03:48 PM
If you lined up games pitting #1 against 1, 2 against 2, etc, the Big 10 would win most of them. The top half of the Valley would beat the bottom half though. The real trick is figuring out the ranking in the Valley.

NDSUtk
September 14th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Still drunk from last night? The top of the MVFC could hold with most of the Big 10, but overall, it wouldn't be good.

Sader87
September 14th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I think it's bettah than the AFC East this year....

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Some of you MVFC guys really need to take a long look at yourselves in the mirror and then ask that person you see standing there why they love kissing their conference mates Richards so damn much.

Your group, or at least a good number from the MVFC crowd are just an embarrassment of circle jerking and you actually put the CAA group from the mid 2000's to shame.

Holy ****.

Twentysix
September 14th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Some of you MVFC guys really need to take a long look at yourselves in the mirror and then ask that person you see standing there why they love kissing their conference mates Richards so damn much.

Your group, or at least a good number from the MVFC crowd are just an embarrassment of circle jerking and you actually put the CAA group from the mid 2000's to shame.

Holy ****.

So you are saying we are the best? :p

Houndawg
September 14th, 2014, 05:21 PM

Holy ****.

Get over your self, Veronica. The CAA folks were even worse a few years ago and neither of us come close to making the noise Big Sky fans would be making if the their conference was as strong. We'll still be lucky to get 3 teams in.

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2014, 05:24 PM

Holy ****.

We'll the CAA didn't have a fan base like ndsu to boost the power of the **** talking. I mean when u add a fan base that good at being in love with themselves it's almost an auto win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Big Ten is better.

Bison56
September 14th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Um no xcrazyx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Get over your self, Veronica. The CAA folks were even worse a few years ago and neither of us come close to making the noise Big Sky fans would be making if the their conference was as strong. We'll still be lucky to get 3 teams in.

Me get over myself with the MVFC chest thumping that you all do to each other? That's a good one HD. Your cut downs are usually much better than this one. If the BSC fans were looking as silly as MVFC fans reaching around on each other because of NDSU the last couple years I would say the same thing about them.

taper
September 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Just for the record, the MVFC is 0-4 against the Big 10 so far this year. Not possible to make the claim we're the better conference.

clenz
September 14th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Why in the f*** would you even start this topic?

What a stupid ****ing thing to do and ask.

SIUSalukiFan
September 14th, 2014, 05:57 PM

Holy ****.

Please, please, PLEASE do not lump all SIU fans into the same boat with this obvious troll.

I need to change my avatar, too, so nobody confuses me with this fool.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I think it is a hype thread. But it will be needed because Patty Vivereto is not effective at making a case for the Missouri Valley among the selection committee that resides in the smoke filled room. If this thread is not started they will only take 2 teams from the Valley and they'll take 4 from the PFL.

Lehigh'98
September 14th, 2014, 06:07 PM
There's still a clear difference btw NDSU and the rest of the Valley. They are on a historic run. What other team the last 3.5 years has done much? Yes, the conference looks strong 3 weeks in this year, lots of **** happens during season though.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Please, please, PLEASE do not lump all SIU fans into the same boat with this obvious troll.

I need to change my avatar, too, so nobody confuses me with this fool.

Yeah, I do not lump all in together my man. xlolx

I did try and throw in qualifiers like "some" and so forth. But damn, there is a lot of this sort of thing from the voacal minority of the MVFC.

marenlee
September 14th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Now if the thread was "Is the MVFC better than the MAC"... Well that would be a resounding YES.

skinny_uncle
September 14th, 2014, 06:38 PM
There once was a troll on the old Salukitalk message board named dean. Has he been revived?

SIUSalukiFan
September 14th, 2014, 06:48 PM
There once was a troll on the old Salukitalk message board named dean. Has he been revived?

Suspicious, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I do not lump all in together my man. xlolx

I did try and throw in qualifiers like "some" and so forth. But damn, there is a lot of this sort of thing from the voacal minority of the MVFC.

xlolx

Sader87
September 14th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I think the MVFC this year is probably top to bottom more powerful than the combined military might of the United States and the Soviet Union at the height of the Cold War. If you throw in the other nation-states with nuclear capability though (the UK, France, India, Pakistan et. al.).....I'm probably going with the nation-states....maybe.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I think the MVFC this year is probably top to bottom more powerful than the combined military might of the United States and the Soviet Union at the height of the Cold War. If you throw in the other nation-states with nuclear capability though (the UK, France, India, Pakistan et. al.).....I'm probably going with the nation-states....maybe.

Plus, you forgot: Holy Cross would piss-pound every Valley team this year...xcoolxxrolleyesx

Sader87
September 14th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Plus, you forgot: Holy Cross would piss-pound every Valley team this year...xcoolxxrolleyesx

Well that goes without saying/posting.....xdrunkyx

eiupantherfan94
September 14th, 2014, 09:34 PM
NDSU could beat the bottom half of almost all the FBS conferences. The rest are good FCS teams but are nowhere near the Bison's level. xcoffeex

344Johnson
September 14th, 2014, 09:40 PM

NDSU running game would wear down their nuclear capability by the second half.

Also... Dumb thread

Sycamore62
September 14th, 2014, 10:10 PM
MVFC vs Ditka

who wins

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2014, 10:14 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e0/e0515255e2eea7a77f8ff61134c2e4fc5815d07da4e1df2381 81a7ba5e86b4e8.jpg

Sader87
September 14th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Ditka or a team of mini-Ditkas vs the MVFC?

Bison56
September 14th, 2014, 10:46 PM
I am dumber for reading this.

Vitojr130
September 15th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Hahaha what did I just read?

No. No we are not. NDSU is to the FCS what Ohio State is to the FBS. That does not translate to NDSU is Ohio State.

We could give them a game, but with 20 less scholarships we'd run out of gas after halftime. The rest of the conference could have a chance to beat lower half B1G teams, but it would be just that... a chance.

thebootfitter
September 15th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Hahaha what did I just read?

No. No we are not. NDSU is to the FCS what Ohio State is to the FBS. That does not translate to NDSU is Ohio State.

We could give them a game, but with 20 less scholarships we'd run out of gas after halftime. The rest of the conference could have a chance to beat lower half B1G teams, but it would be just that... a chance.

I'm with you in principle here (in that the question asked in the OP is a bit absurd), but I don't think your examples are appropriate.

Ohio State of late is a pretender that is exposed when they play tougher teams. True, they have lots of tradition and a very rich history of winning, but I still don't think it is a valid comparison to make right now.

Further, I wouldn't expect the Bison to run out of gas after half time. They are likely better conditioned than all of the B1G teams, and in any given game, I would expect their players to start showing signs of wearing down before the Bison. I doubt any FBS teams put significantly more players on the field in a typical game compared to an FCS team.

Rather, the 22 fewer scholarships may become apparent in the depth of talent over the course of a season as injuries happen and others are called to step up.

Houndawg
September 15th, 2014, 05:06 AM
Me get over myself with the MVFC chest thumping that you all do to each other? That's a good one HD. Your cut downs are usually much better than this one. If the BSC fans were looking as silly as MVFC fans
reaching around on each other because of NDSU the last couple years I would say the same thing about them.

If the BSC were as strong this year they'd be reaching around with both hands and the CAA fans long ago raised the reach-around bar above the ability of mortals to compete. Give us our little moment before we get ****ed over by the committee...

JayJ79
September 15th, 2014, 05:06 AM
straight up, the Big Ten is better.

but if you compare the scholarship levels and football budgets and the like, the MVFC gets a much better return on investment than the Big Ten this season.

Houndawg
September 15th, 2014, 05:07 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e0/e0515255e2eea7a77f8ff61134c2e4fc5815d07da4e1df2381 81a7ba5e86b4e8.jpg

Remember JBB? We got one too, but dumber.

kalm
September 15th, 2014, 07:03 AM

On a neutral field? Sure. But let's not forget that the Afghani's with their high school stadium, small fan base, and less schollies have upset both superpowers in recent memory.

Ex Pat
September 15th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Im glad that the majority of us seem to see the humor in this. I hope the question was posed tongue in cheek or as bait, because it ridiculous and not really worth discussing.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Not even close. Although the chest thumping of the SEC and the dumping on the Big 10 have proven to be exactly correct.

Theee Catrabbit
September 15th, 2014, 09:13 AM
If the BSC were as strong this year they'd be reaching around with both hands and the CAA fans long ago raised the reach-around bar above the ability of mortals to compete. Give us our little moment before we get ****ed over by the committee...

Exactly...the Big Sky is not that good...yet they fully expect to get three to four teams in the playoffs. Not think....expect. Viverito needs to get off her ass and start pushing this ****, the Coaches and the AD's have made it possible for her to easily point out the strengths of the MVFC vs the rest of the field. I agree NDSU is good. They are not roll through the conference good(and really they didn't do that)while smoking cigarettes good like previous years. If they were coming to Brookings this year I would expect it to be a very very close game. That being said, they are in Fargo, and we just struggle in those goddamn Domes.

Do I really need to answer the basis of the thread? No it's a dumb question.

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2014, 09:16 AM

but if you compare the scholarship levels and football budgets and the like, the MVFC gets a much better return on investment than the Big Ten this season.

I'll take the millions the Big 10 gets with their TV contracts even w the losses.

JayJ79
September 15th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I'll take the millions the Big 10 gets with their TV contracts even w the losses.

no one is offering that deal. The BCS/P5 cartel don't want to share.

344Johnson
September 15th, 2014, 10:49 AM
On a neutral field? Sure. But let's not forget that the Afghani's with their high school stadium, small fan base, and less schollies have upset both superpowers in recent memory.

I'd hate to see how good they'd be if their donor base funded them at the level the team performs.

Sycamore62
September 15th, 2014, 11:07 AM

Im not a finance major, but dont the BigTen schools make a profit? That seems to be the return for which they are investing. I think the MVFC is investing for advertising, school social events and football success, so in that aspect I'd have to agree with you.

JayJ79
September 15th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Im not a finance major, but dont the BigTen schools make a profit? That seems to be the return for which they are investing. I think the MVFC is investing for advertising, school social events and football success, so in that aspect I'd have to agree with you.

financially, the BigTen brings in more money (yet many BigTen programs still pull in mandatory student fees and/or institutional funds, which is ridiculous given the amount of TV money and other conference funds they get).

but I was talking "return on investment" in terms of quality of the actual football playing

Sycamore62
September 15th, 2014, 11:36 AM
financially, the BigTen brings in more money (yet many BigTen programs still pull in mandatory student fees and/or institutional funds, which is ridiculous given the amount of TV money and other conference funds they get).

but I was talking "return on investment" in terms of quality of the actual football playing

Ya that's what I was thinking too. The student fees and institutional funds are like taxes. They never go away, even when you dont need them anymore.

As far as quality of football return on investment, the Big Ten as a whole has to be the worst in college football. They have a money printing machine an they put up 7-8 pieces of $h!t every year. I mean, last year, ISUb was in a position to go ahead of Purdue on their last drive and that was during a zero D1 win season.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2014, 11:44 AM

Ok princess, it's your tea party so I'll play along with whatever you'd like to do next. Jesus Christ HD stop the overly sensitive act man it is unbecoming.

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Hey rest of the Valley...are our coat tails fun to use as ammunition for smack talk?

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Someone divide the MVFC into an East/West and simulate a round robin based on the 2013 season ending ranking....I'm too lazy right now. :D

clenz
September 15th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Someone divide the MVFC into an East/West and simulate a round robin based on the 2013 season ending ranking....I'm too lazy right now. :D
http://trimmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/tumblr_mc8zglxmw21r4gilto1_500.gif

at some point today

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Exactly...the Big Sky is not that good...yet they fully expect to get three to four teams in the playoffs. Not think....expect. Viverito needs to get off her ass and start pushing this ****, the Coaches and the AD's have made it possible for her to easily point out the strengths of the MVFC vs the rest of the field. I agree NDSU is good. They are not roll through the conference good(and really they didn't do that)while smoking cigarettes good like previous years. If they were coming to Brookings this year I would expect it to be a very very close game. That being said, they are in Fargo, and we just struggle in those goddamn Domes.

Do I really need to answer the basis of the thread? No it's a dumb question.
Do some learning catrabbit before just running off at the mouth with the same dumb BS others have already been corrected on. You say that as if you know what you are talking about and you do not.

The BSC has never expected to get more teams than the MVFC (which has been fairly ****ty in the past also) and only recently, as in last year got something that the MVFC hadn't gotten. One f'n time.

You want to go check the facts please do as they are all here on the board as far as playoff wins, participants, etc. but STFU with your dumb "They expect" crap. There was zero compelling for or against any of the mediocrity that did or did not make the playoffs last year.

Now please tell us all how tough y'all are!!

Thumper 76
September 15th, 2014, 12:05 PM
DamnI'm a big MVFC guy but the butthurt over last years playoff selections is deep and long lasting. Can we just wait till we're close to selection time to start pissing and moaning about it? And to the YSU guy who said this thread needs to happen to help with the committee do you really think threads on AGS sway the committee? xdrunkyx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2014, 12:12 PM
DamnI'm a big MVFC guy but the butthurt over last years playoff selections is deep and long lasting. Can we just wait till we're close to selection time to start pissing and moaning about it? And to the YSU guy who said this thread needs to happen to help with the committee do you really think threads on AGS sway the committee? xdrunkyx

xlolx

As much as I'd like to say they do it would be like asking if the BSC were tougher than the Mountain West or Pac this year and then harkening back and crying about some years where the BSC was a 1 or 2 big league.

RabidRabbit
September 15th, 2014, 12:14 PM

He'll yes!!!! xliarx

xsmiley_wix
xhomerx

penguinpower
September 15th, 2014, 12:14 PM

It was sarcasm. Sorry if I didn't make it sound that way

OhioHen
September 15th, 2014, 12:22 PM

And THAT takes some doing - there were some morons calling for six or seven CAA teams in the 16-team playoff field every year.

SIUSalukiFan
September 15th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I'll be happy if the MVFC gets three playoff bids.

Nova09
September 15th, 2014, 12:28 PM

Holy ****.

Oh please we may have talked up our conference and you may have gotten tired of undefeated seasons ending to our reps in the playoffs, but there was no love for each other. We just pointed out that once you survived the CAA (A10) you were well prepared for a deep playoff run, which was simply fact. I hate the fact that I have to acknowledge JMU and Delaware nat'l championships, but how many different teams from one conference won it all in that time period, broken up only by App, was kind of ridiculous.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Oh please we may have talked up our conference and you may have gotten tired of undefeated seasons ending to our reps in the playoffs, but there was no love for each other. We just pointed out that once you survived the CAA (A10) you were well prepared for a deep playoff run, which was simply fact. I hate the fact that I have to acknowledge JMU and Delaware nat'l championships, but how many different teams from one conference won it all in that time period, broken up only by App, was kind of ridiculous.

What are you talking about? You weren't here so I'll go with my own recollections on the matter. Check OHen right above ya there, it wasn't what you say it was. Hell I'm not even saying what was done is not impressive. What is unimpressive is y'all measuring each others dicks and talking about how great they all look. The CAA has just passed it on to the MVFC now that they aren't quite what they used to be.

Nova09
September 15th, 2014, 01:47 PM
What are you talking about? You weren't here so I'll go with my own recollections on the matter. Check OHen right above ya there, it wasn't what you say it was. Hell I'm not even saying what was done is not impressive. What is unimpressive is y'all measuring each others dicks and talking about how great they all look. The CAA has just passed it on to the MVFC now that they aren't quite what they used to be.

Haha I was here but not posting so I will grant you I wasn't as involved and will drop this one.