PDA

View Full Version : Is the Missouri Valley Diluting the B1G?

penguinpower
September 14th, 2014, 07:11 AM
I have been thinking about this for a while;
1. population has been steadily shifting south for decades.
2. the B1G shares the same footprint as the MVFC.
3. Youth football leagues have been taking a hit in many areas due to the national attention that is being placed on concussions.

Considering those factors it seems to me there's some interaction there.

The stronger the MVFC the weaker the B1G?

Perhaps you could say the same thing with the CAA. The last 5 years or so it has been really strong, but they are looking a little weaker while the ACC is looking a little stonger.

Am I completely off base?

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2014, 08:12 AM
19684........OOM-HOOM........xnodx...BRAWK!

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Every school no matter the division can only recruit so many players. What the coaches do with those players is another thing.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Am I completely off base?

Only if you assume the recruiting bases for the Big 10 and Valley are constrained to the same region, which they are not. Twenty percent of the Michigan football roster comes from states outside the conference footprint.

Skyhawk71
September 14th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I would make the statement that the MVFC is impacting the MAC, similar stadiums and facilities, better in some cases, something to play for, etc.............xcoffeex B1G not so much, and in some cases it may impact certain schools, I would definitely go to UNI over Iowa State as an in-state player, and NDSU over a bunch of Midwestern FBS schools in B1G or the MAC

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Vanderbilt really started sucking once Lehigh got good. xlolx

Skyhawk71
September 14th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Vanderbilt really started sucking once Lehigh got good. xlolx

Still laughing........xbowx

marenlee
September 14th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I would make the statement that the MVFC is impacting the MAC, similar stadiums and facilities, better in some cases, something to play for, etc.............xcoffeex B1G not so much, and in some cases it may impact certain schools, I would definitely go to UNI over Iowa State as an in-state player, and NDSU over a bunch of Midwestern FBS schools in B1G or the MAC

I could go with this. Several MVFC schools routinely beat out MAC schools in head to head recruiting battles. Besides being FBS, what does the MAC have to offer? MVFC teams visit the same P5 schools that the MAC teams do. Sub-par conference with crap fan support. You can swap out most of the MVFC teams with the MAC teams and there wouldn't be too much of a change. And every time I think of the MAC I think of this horrible TV commercial that you see every now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDqqQfvMsLk