PDA

View Full Version : Wofford-N.Greenville in major rain/lightning delay

catamount man
September 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Woff leads 21-20 5:40 left in 3rd
Rain in this state today has delayed UGA-South Carolina, Furman-PC, NG-Wofford and even Newberry vs Limestone which was a 6pm start but didn't begin until 9:45.

Unreal. Glad the CATS are 2-1. Off week b4 Furman.

catamount man
September 13th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Woff game back in. rain but no lightning. 28-20 late 3rd. PC just went up on Furman with about 8 minutes to go. 10-7 Blue Hose.

catamount man
September 13th, 2014, 10:54 PM
The lights went out at Wofford's Gibbs Stadium mid-punt, NG, with 1:42 left. Game called. The Wofford broadcast team said the lights are set on a timer to go off at 11:45pm for night games. Ayers doesn't sound too happy with the team on the post game interview. Kudos to both squads for persevering in that weather.

Reign of Terrier
September 13th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Yeah, we made too many mistakes tonight. I like our offense, but our defense has question marks, at least on pass defense. I don't think we'll see a team like NGU in terms of scheme this year with the exception of maybe Samford (thank God Elon has left the ranks of the socon). NGU was more "into it" than we were.

We're not a playoff team right now, but we could easily improve into one soon.

catamount man
September 14th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Yeah, we made too many mistakes tonight. I like our offense, but our defense has question marks, at least on pass defense. I don't think we'll see a team like NGU in terms of scheme this year with the exception of maybe Samford (thank God Elon has left the ranks of the socon). NGU was more "into it" than we were.

We're not a playoff team right now, but we could easily improve into one soon.

Nobody in the SoCon, in reality, looks all that good. Western's offense has improved but yesterday's game was just too sloppy. Too many penalities and sometimes WCU just looked like they weren't interested. Could've been the hot weather, who knows. I know that 4 of Catawba's coaches, including the head coach, were on WCU's staff in 2012 they had good preparation. Get the bye week going and go to Greenville and who knows what will happen. Good luck against the Webb next week. GO CATS!

kdinva
September 14th, 2014, 06:46 AM
The lights went out at Wofford's Gibbs Stadium mid-punt, NG, with 1:42 left. ....the lights are set on a timer to go off at 11:45pm for night games.

xcrazyx

that needs to be fixed......

catamount man
September 14th, 2014, 08:07 AM
xcrazyx

that needs to be fixed......

To be fair, Wofford does not play a lot of night games and who knew the crazy weather that was gonna just hang over SC this weekend. But it feels GREAT this morning with a nice cool breeze blowing.

woffordgrad94
September 14th, 2014, 08:16 AM
What if the game had been close or tied when the lights went out? It could have created a stink to just end the game in that situation. I guess there would have been a light delay...

Reign of Terrier
September 14th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Nobody in the SoCon, in reality, looks all that good. Western's offense has improved but yesterday's game was just too sloppy. Too many penalities and sometimes WCU just looked like they weren't interested. Could've been the hot weather, who knows. I know that 4 of Catawba's coaches, including the head coach, were on WCU's staff in 2012 they had good preparation. Get the bye week going and go to Greenville and who knows what will happen. Good luck against the Webb next week. GO CATS!

It's week 3. I'm not going to disagree with the evaluations of poor performances, but let's be real I think College football in general demonstrates a lack of consistency for the first month of the year for all teams except for the really really good ones.