PDA

View Full Version : Respect between Competitors

Proud Griz Man
November 2nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
RESPECT AMONG PEERS IS ALIVE and well in the Big Sky Conference.

Before last Saturday's UM-Idaho State game in Missoula, star Bengals linebacker Pago Togafau raced across the turf at Washington-Grizzly Stadium to shake hands with Lex Hilliard, the Grizzly All-American running back who is sidelined for the season with a foot injury.

"I met (Hilliard) in Utah last summer (at Big Sky meetings) and he seemed like a good dude," said Togafau. "I have a lot of respect for his game. It broke my heart when I heard about (the Achilles tendon injury). I just let him know my best wishes and prayers were with him."

Then Togafau went out and made a game-high 14 tackles, and also blocked a punt to keep his team in the game.
xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

LeopardFan04
November 2nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

:nod: xsmileyclapx

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Class at it's finest.....

I wonder if a Bobcat would do such...:)

saccat
November 2nd, 2006, 09:12 PM
I would hope that one of our players would but who knows in this one...

penguinonastick
November 2nd, 2006, 09:50 PM
Outstanding - being involved in education - it is nice to see this stuff instead of what happend at Miami and FIU. The GFC has a great tradition where all of the players and coaches meet at midfield for a pregame handshake - the only conference in the country that requires it. It always brings a standing ovation or loud cheers at YSU. Very classy.

GO GUINS:hurray: :hurray:

AZGrizFan
November 2nd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Before last Saturday's UM-Idaho State game in Missoula, star Bengals linebacker Pago Togafau raced across the turf at Washington-Grizzly Stadium to shake hands with Lex Hilliard, the Grizzly All-American running back who is sidelined for the season with a foot injury.

And that guy is an absolute MONSTER. Dare I say, unstoppable. :eek: :eek: :eek:

catbob
November 2nd, 2006, 10:24 PM
Good thing Togafu wasn't tryin to date Hilliard, or he'd get a black eye.

griz37
November 2nd, 2006, 10:48 PM
Good thing Togafu wasn't tryin to date Hilliard, or he'd get a black eye.

Come on Catbob you are better then that. :mad:

Death Dealer
November 3rd, 2006, 08:55 AM
That is a great story. I-AA seems to be filled with such great rivalries. I know the SOCON is like that....we may hate you on Saturday, but it is all in good fun and we generally respect one another. That boy's momma did a good job.:nod:

CopperCat
November 3rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=Frosty The Snowbuff]Class at it's finest.....

I wonder if a Bobcat would do such...:)[/QUOTE

You're dang right a Bobcat player would do it. Somebody like Elliot Barnhardt would do that in a heartbeat. Was that meant as a dig on the Cats or was it just a rhetorical question?

Freightliner
November 3rd, 2006, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=Frosty The Snowbuff]Class at it's finest.....

I wonder if a Bobcat would do such...:)[/QUOTE

You're dang right a Bobcat player would do it. Somebody like Elliot Barnhardt would do that in a heartbeat. Was that meant as a dig on the Cats or was it just a rhetorical question?

I think Frosty was talking about us.

catbob
November 3rd, 2006, 03:36 PM
Yea, sorry I was in a real bad mood last night. That was below the belt. :(

GrizFamily
November 3rd, 2006, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=FTG06']

I think Frosty was talking about us.

Pretty sure he was talking about the Griz/Cat rivalry. And I didn't take it as a put down for either program, but a general comment about the intensity of the rivalry.

CopperCat
November 4th, 2006, 09:37 PM
At the end of the UNC/MSU game, both teams went out to centerfield for a prayer for Asa Matthews' brother. That to me displayed the concept of one team and one spirit. My heart goes out to the UNC team, and to Asa Matthews for having all this happen. Good game guys, our prayers are with you all.:)

Proud Griz Man
November 4th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Yea, sorry I was in a real bad mood last night. That was below the belt. :(

:confused: :nonono2:

I think Lex has grown up quite a bit and that is old news.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Hey, there wasn't a fight between the Kats and Jacks tonight. That shows respect, right? :nod:

CopperCat
November 5th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I think as long as the players are respecting each other, the FANS ought to respect each other IN GENERAL!! Rivalry games too often end up with too many people having bloodied faces, or people being put in jail. People do really stupid things at sporting events anymore.

catbob
November 5th, 2006, 10:45 PM
:confused: :nonono2:

I think Lex has grown up quite a bit and that is old news.

Don't talk to me about old news, we still get meth jokes all the time.

Proud Griz Man
November 5th, 2006, 11:06 PM

"don't talk about old news"????? Take it easy cat bob. I didn't wreck your clarinet. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :nonono2: :nonono2:

Proud Griz Man
November 5th, 2006, 11:08 PM

"don't talk about old news"????? Take it easy cat bob. I didn't wreck your clarinet. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :nonono2: :nonono2:

Not one mention of Meth by me or other Griz fans. WTF?

catbob
November 5th, 2006, 11:12 PM

Not one mention of Meth by me or other Griz fans. WTF?

Not here, but we get it all the time. I wasn't mad, I'm just saying don't be hypocritical on this. Hell, we still hear about the streak constantly, it ended a good 4 years ago.

Basically what I'm saying is that if Griz fans can dig into history and throw it in our faces, why can't I?

catbob
November 5th, 2006, 11:15 PM
EDIT: Visit I-AA smack board, and drugs were brought up. :P

Go...gate
November 6th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Outstanding - being involved in education - it is nice to see this stuff instead of what happend at Miami and FIU. The GFC has a great tradition where all of the players and coaches meet at midfield for a pregame handshake - the only conference in the country that requires it. It always brings a standing ovation or loud cheers at YSU. Very classy.

GO GUINS:hurray: :hurray:

Patriot and Ivy also have this, but it is done after games. Good stuff either way!!!! xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx