PDA

View Full Version : Nich St @ Tx St - Battle for the Paddle

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
Interesting game tonight between the two reigning SLC championship. This has actually turned into an enjoyable rivalry in the SLC and this game has a lot to do with the SLC race considering everyone is in the mix for the SLC title.

Hope everyone can enjoy the game tonight! Good luck 'Cats and Colonels!

Broadcast: FoxSW
Nicholls Audio: http://www.kbze.com/
TXST Audio: http://ktsw.txstate.edu/KTSW_FM_89_9_high1.m3u

Spooney-Cat
November 2nd, 2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks TT.

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks TT.

Not a problem...

A great chance to watch two intriguing I-AA football squads...

This is going to be a tough challenge for the Cats...

GeauxColonels
November 2nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
GREAT game for the Colonels!!!

Again, the defense played very well allowing only 1 Texas State offensive TD at the very end of the game with 0:00 left on the clock, then kept the Bobcats out of the endzone on the 2pt conversion to preserve a 2 pt win.

We were able to cut down on the mistakes, but the 3 lost fumbles again is WAY too many, especially when one goes for a TD.

Anyway, GREAT game by both teams. Very entertaining game to watch.

The Paddle stays in Thibodaux for another year!!!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

slycat
November 2nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
congrats to nicholls st. sloppy game int eh first half for both teams. ya'll came to play in the 2nd half though. what a great finish. too bad we didnt pass like that the whole game.

thats the 2nd conference game we've blown in the 2nd half after not allowing any points in the first. so frustrating.

well thats one team out of playoff hopes. good luck to the rest of the slc.

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
GREAT game for the Colonels!!!

Again, the defense played very well allowing only 1 Texas State offensive TD at the very end of the game with 0:00 left on the clock, then kept the Bobcats out of the endzone on the 2pt conversion to preserve a 2 pt win.

We were able to cut down on the mistakes, but the 3 lost fumbles again is WAY too many, especially when one goes for a TD.

Anyway, GREAT game by both teams. Very entertaining game to watch.

The Paddle stays in Thibodaux for another year!!!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Way to give Colonel fans (and me) a Heart-Attack....:rotateh:

Seesh....

malachi
November 2nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
what does the confrence look like, who can nicholls still have a chance at the conference.?

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 10:30 PM
what does the confrence look like, who can nicholls still have a chance at the conference.?

I'm not gonna even try to attempt to sort this one out....:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

Ok I'm Dizzy...

Yeah....Almost Everyone has a Shot....except Southeastern I believe...(and if things go Paco Loco they STILL have a shot also...)

I Better watch this one play out......

GeauxColonels
November 2nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
Ummmm.....let's just say that the conference race is ALL F***ED up! :nod:

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 10:33 PM
Ummmm.....let's just say that the conference race is ALL F***ED up! :nod:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said....:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

GeauxColonels
November 2nd, 2006, 10:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said....:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
So, what are you people up in North La thinking about the Demons vs the Rebels....are you giving yourselves any chance at an upset?

This is definitely one of the FEW times I will be pulling HARD for Northwestern State. :thumbsup:

bobcatfan06
November 2nd, 2006, 11:40 PM
GeauxColonels, you need to tell your coach to control his players. They are absolutely classless idiots. They all should have gotten their arses kicked at the end of the game. Absolutely classless. Have fun with your culinary degree flipping burgers at McDonalds across from LSU.

Freightliner
November 2nd, 2006, 11:45 PM
GeauxColonels, you need to tell your coach to control his players. They are absolutely classless idiots. They all should have gotten their arses kicked at the end of the game. Absolutely classless. Have fun with your culinary degree flipping burgers at McDonalds across from LSU.

Actually he did......saw him admonishing a couple of them on the field after the shennangians on the field.

A rather sloppily played game...but entertaining to the end.

time to go soak my head in some beer:beerchug:

Dallas Demon
November 2nd, 2006, 11:50 PM

Wait a minute... You're calling the guys from Nicholls classless???? Reread your quote. :nono:

gokats85
November 3rd, 2006, 12:05 AM

I was unable to see the game. Let's hear it, what happened?

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2006, 06:55 AM

Nicholls still is in it, but needs SHSU to fall (as SHSU knocked off the Colonels in Huntsville) and the Colonels have got to knock off SFA and McNeese to come back into the race...they'll be one game back at the end of the day Saturday...

Spooney-Cat
November 3rd, 2006, 08:29 AM
Good luck to the rest of the SLC this year. We'll iron out the kinks in the offseason and be a different team next fall!

Spooney-Cat
November 3rd, 2006, 08:33 AM
Very disappointing game AGAIN! We drive the length of the field in less than a minute in the 4th, and for some reason that's the only time we did that all game? Hmmm..

Boy, Nicholls QB (#9) looked like a joke when throwing the football, and yes, embarrasingly he exploited our secondary just like every other team has done this year..

Good luck to the rest in the SLC race. Let's hope next year is a different story for the Bobcats.

NSUDemon98
November 3rd, 2006, 09:04 AM

Yikes...regardless of what the people on the bobcatfans.com board think about themselves, Texas St. is NOT known the world over for their academics. I know a TxSt. graduate in music ed. and he is/was no more qualified to enter the job place than I was.

I know in the part of Texas I currently reside very FEW know or care about Texas St...

Just a little something for you to mull over before assuming you are better than everyone else...

bobcatfan06
November 3rd, 2006, 11:43 AM
Yikes...regardless of what the people on the bobcatfans.com board think about themselves, Texas St. is NOT known the world over for their academics. I know a TxSt. graduate in music ed. and he is/was no more qualified to enter the job place than I was.

I know in the part of Texas I currently reside very FEW know or care about Texas St...

Just a little something for you to mull over before assuming you are better than everyone else...

Didn't say we were freakin' Harvard, but at least we don't give out culinary degrees.

Oh and whichever Kat fans asked what happened, just think about what happened when the fight between the Kats and Jacks broke out a couple years ago.

blackfordpu
November 3rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
Great game by both teams. Really thought the bobkitties were going to pull it off but fell short by two inches.

What are ya'll talking about the players doing. I didn't see anything on the TV. They seemed to shake hands just fine after the game.

SFA 71
November 3rd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Didn't say we were freakin' Harvard, but at least we don't give out culinary degrees.

Oh and whichever Kat fans asked what happened, just think about what happened when the fight between the Kats and Jacks broke out a couple years ago.

school too hard. One of my children wanted to go to TCI - The Texas Culinary Institute in Austin, but the cost was 45,000$ for a 15 month program. Irregardless, they seem to have quite a large student body when I toured the facilities. :o

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 3rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
as far as what happened after the handshakes, there's two stories:

1) the nicholls players (some, not all) proceeded to pull at T.O. and rub their asses on our midfield mascot painting (i don't know the technical term for it). afterwards, some of their coaches got onto them for acting classless.

or

2) they were rubbing their asses on our midfield painting to symbolize a "rowing" motion.

Either way...they pulled a T.O...

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 3rd, 2006, 07:55 PM

which year?? LOLxlolx

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM

maybe you should ask which specific year?? LOLxlolx

McNeese72
November 3rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
as far as what happened after the handshakes, there's two stories:

1) the nicholls players (some, not all) proceeded to pull at T.O. and rub their asses on our midfield mascot painting (i don't know the technical term for it). afterwards, some of their coaches got onto them for acting classless.

or

2) they were rubbing their asses on our midfield painting to symbolize a "rowing" motion.

Either way...they pulled a T.O...

It looked like to me they were sitting down rowing or "paddling" at mid-field.

Doc

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2006, 08:21 PM
It looked like to me they were sitting down rowing or "paddling" at mid-field.

Well, it was the 'Battle for the Paddle'... :thumbsup:

Paddle stays in Thibodaux, congrats to the Colonels!

GeauxColonels
November 4th, 2006, 09:28 AM
OK, I'll let them know since I have so much pull with the team. And as for my "culinary" degree from Nicholls....it has served me well since I've gone on to LSU and received an MBA and now work for one of the largest banks in the country!

Also, the culinary program was the first of its kind at a public university in the country and is run by one of the most esteemed chefs in Louisiana - and if there is ANY PLACE to learn to cook, it's south Louisiana.

But do me a favor, after you take your foot out of your mouth, tell YOUR players to act like they've made a tackle before. Also, you may want to let your fans know that a team can STILL come back from only 8 points down and send the game into overtime....I'm not too sure they realized that seeing how they got down by 8 in the 3rd quarter and proceeded to empty out the stands.

Then again, maybe they wanted to beat the trains, but I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure.

Boy, talk about a sore loser. I'm starting to see why SHSU and SFA fans have TSU-SM so much.

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I watched this game Thursday night. I thought the 2pt conversion call was the worst/most predictable call I've ever seen.

It solidifed my opinion of him that started with taking a knee against us in the semis.

I was looking forward to OT. :bang: xidiotx

patssle
November 4th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I'm starting to see why SHSU and SFA fans have TSU-SM so much.

They're already talking about how next year is their year. :rolleyes:

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM

Funny enough, they did this practically every year during their long drought according to all the old Kats yard dogs...:nonono2:

It's even worse now with the Internet and the fact they have had some succes...:bang:

Freightliner
November 4th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Funny enough, they did this practically every year during their long drought according to all the old Kats yard dogs...:nonono2:

It's even worse now with the Internet and the fact they have had some succes...:bang:

forgive them.....they are just kids :)

*goes back to watching Baylor/Tech*

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 02:03 PM
But do me a favor, after you take your foot out of your mouth, tell YOUR players to act like they've made a tackle before. Also, you may want to let your fans know that a team can STILL come back from only 8 points down and send the game into overtime....I'm not too sure they realized that seeing how they got down by 8 in the 3rd quarter and proceeded to empty out the stands.

Then again, maybe they wanted to beat the trains, but I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure.

Boy, talk about a sore loser. I'm starting to see why SHSU and SFA fans hate TSU-SM so much.

At the risk of being on the same side as shs,
AMEN! :thumbsup:

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 4th, 2006, 02:31 PM

whoa hold up...isn't it you guys who are proclaiming bomar as your savior for the next two years??

hi pot, here's kettle.xlolx