Cal Poly @ South Dakota State
North Dakota State @ Weber State
Idaho State @ Utah State
Southern Utah @ Southeast Louisiana
Fort Lewis @ UC Davis
Black Hills State @ Montana State
Northern Colorado @ UNLV
Western Oregon @ Portland State

​Seriously considered EWU, but nah. FCS is really struggling this year.

Rjones61
September 4th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Cal
EWU
Montana
UND
NAU
South Dakota St
NDSU
Utah State
SE Louisiana
UC Davis
Montana St
UNLV
Portland State

GetEmGriz
September 4th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Sacramento State @ California
Eastern Washington @ Washington
Central Washington @ Montana
Robert Morris @ North Dakota
N. Arizona @ Abilene Christian
Idaho State @ Utah State
Southern Utah @ SE Louisiana
Fort Lewis @ UC Davis
N. Colorado @ UNLV

12-1 for the 2014 season Big Sky Pickem.

wapiti
September 4th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Sac St 17 @ 45 Cal
EWU 24 @ 42 Washington
Cent Wash 9 @ 48 Montana
Robert Morris 9 @ 17 UND
NAU 28 @ 10 Abilene Christian
Cal Poly 24 @ 32 South Dakota St
NDSU 48 @ Weber St 17
Idaho St 20 @ 40 Utah State
SUU 24 @ 27 SE Louisiana in overtime
Ft. Lewis 17 @ 35 UC Davis
Black Hills St 17 @ 38 Montana St
Northern Colorado 12 @ 39 UNLV
Western Oregon 10 @ 52 Portland State

tomq04
September 4th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Sac St @ Cal
EWU @ Washington
Cent Wash @ Montana
Robert Morris @ UND
NAU @ Abilene Christian
Cal Poly @ South Dakota St
NDSU @ Weber St
Idaho St @ Utah State
SUU @ SE Louisiana
Ft. Lewis @ UC Davis
Black Hills St @ Montana St
Northern Colorado @ UNLV

Against the Grain I think EWU will do it, AB looked good against GSU, NAU last year looked good, but that doesn't mean much about this year...I think those are my only 2 counter picks.

MTfan4life
September 4th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Phew, checking this thread allowed me to remember to do my Big Sky Challenge picks. Gotta hold that tied with 52 other people for first place position!

Some of the games are a little tougher to pick this week. I went with every home team except NDSU, of course. I think EWU has a very strong chance to beat UW, but I had to go with regular Washington in that one. NAU-Abilene is pretty 50-50 to me, so I went with the home team.

frozennorth
September 4th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Sac St @ Cal
EWU @ Washington
Cent Wash @ Montana
Robert Morris @ UND
NAU @ Abilene Christian
Cal Poly @ South Dakota St
NDSU @ Weber St
Idaho St @ Utah State
SUU @ SE Louisiana
Ft. Lewis @ UC Davis
Black Hills St @ Montana St
Northern Colorado @ UNLV

robsnotes4u
September 4th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Phew, checking this thread allowed me to remember to do my Big Sky Challenge picks. Gotta hold that tied with 52 other people for first place position!

Some of the games are a little tougher to pick this week. I went with every home team except NDSU, of course. I think EWU has a very strong chance to beat UW, but I had to go with regular Washington in that one. NAU-Abilene is pretty 50-50 to me, so I went with the home team.

i agree with the Abilene Christian game, that one is tough. Watched their game last week, but not NAU. Still went with NAU

mvemjsunpx
September 5th, 2014, 12:10 AM
EWU 27-45 UDub — Will Washington's actual starting QB expose the Eagle defense?

Woregon 24-49 Portland St. — PSU's athletic dept. is in a bit of sudden disarray, but that won't affect this game

Cal Poly 14-27 SoDak St. — 'Stangs catch a break with Sumner out, but last week's loss doesn't inspire confidence

Ft. Lewis 10-34 Davis — Should Aggie fans be concerned Gabe Manzanares is off the depth chart again?

Sac State 21-45 Cal — Cal's passing game looks too strong for a Hornet upset

Idaho St. 14-49 Utah St. — The Aggies looked bad Sunday, but not bad enough to give the Bungles any hope

Suutah 21-42 SELU — Not enough T-Bird threats to keep up with the Lions

NoDak St. 38-3 Weber— The Wildcats receive their reward for their performance the last two seasons

NAU 35-27 Abilene Christian— Hard to know what to expect here, but NAU should be better than Georgia State

CDub 7-38 Montana — CWU was statistically similar last year to a lot of MEAC teams, if anyone cares

Black Hills St. 13-63 Montana St. — The Yellow Jackets gave up 43 ppg last season despite not playing a DI

NoCo 10-48 UNLV — Bobby Hauck moves to 6-0 against the Bears

Robert Morris 17-31 NoDak — The Colonials should've lost to EKU a lot worse than they did

PAllen
September 5th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Cal, UW, UM, UND, NAU, Cal Poly, NDSU, USU, SELA, Davis, MSU, UNLV, PSU

RabidRabbit
September 5th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Sacramento State @ California
Eastern Washington @ Washington
Central Washington @ Montana
Robert Morris @ North Dakota
N. Arizona @ Abilene Christian
Idaho State @ Utah State
Southern Utah @ SE Louisiana
Fort Lewis @ UC Davis
N. Colorado @ UNLV

12-1 for the 2014 season Big Sky Pickem.

I believe GetEmGriz has the right picks for this week.
Three thoughts about the games:
1) If EWU has any dream of being #1 again during the season (barring NDSU stumble), this Washington game is a MUST Win to match/exceed the Bison W vs ISU CyClowns.
2) SDSU at-home, even playing #2 QB, is going to get the W. Both lines played well vs Mizzou. Lujan, QB, was a pleasant performance vs a top 25 FBS. All-conference WR Schneider wasn't the leading SDSU WR vs Mizzou. Poly appears to have no passing game. Stuff the box on the running game (Triple Option) and this game has potential to get UUUGGGGLY.
3) NAU needs to take down ACU. Don't believe that a 2nd year FCS team is ready for a middle-of-pack BSC team.

JALMOND
September 6th, 2014, 12:40 AM
I'm currently at 12-1 for the year, missing last week's Cal Poly pick. Another attempt at perfection, although the games are getting a bit tougher to predict.

CP at South Dakota State---Mustangs coming off a somewhat surprising loss to a FBS team, possibly playing an FCS team that is better. Couldn't win last week, can't win this week...South Dakota State 38, CP 16.

EWU at Washington---Eagles seek to stay perfect in this young season. Husky fans skeptical of Peterson, especially after a close win at Hawaii. Wonder how they will be with a close win here...Washington 35, EWU 31.

ISU at Utah State---Bengals couldn't stay close to the Pac-12 Utah team, now play the Mountain West's Utah State team. Does it really matter...Utah State 38, ISU 7.

Central Washington at UM---Grizzlies played Wyoming tough last week in the lightning storm. Now they step down and play DII, quite possibly without their quarterback. As if it matters...UM 42, Central Washington 17.

Black Hills State at MSU---Bobcats as well play a DII this week after falling on the road last week at Arkansas State. This one should be easier...MSU 35, Black Hills State 14.

Robert Morris at UND---Recent history suggests that North Dakota could have stayed close with San Jose State last week, which would make this game a possible rout. But that was past history...Robert Morris 21, UND 17.

NAU at Abilene Christian---Lumberjacks tried to slow down San Diego State last week to no avail. Now they play an FCS newcomer in Abilene Christian, but try telling Georgia State that. A good game...NAU 31, Abilene Christian 30.

UNC at Nevada-Las Vegas---Bears waited until this weekend to kick off their season, giving them an extra week to prepare. But will that really help here against the Mountain West?...Nevada-Las Vegas 42, UNC 13.

Western Oregon at PSU---Vikings gave Oregon State a scare in the first half, now they hope to play a complete game against DII's Western Oregon. This should come out in their favor...PSU 42, Western Oregon 10.

SAC at California---The Hornets raised some eyebrow across the conference, giving Incarnate Word quite a welcome to FCS. Now they play a downtrodden California team from the Pac-12. Possible upset?...California 35, SAC 29.

SUU at Southeastern Louisiana---Thunderbirds actually looked pretty good against Nevada last week. Now they play one of the better teams in FCS in Southeastern Louisiana. Can they win it?...Southeastern Louisiana 38, SUU 24.

Fort Lewis at UCD---The Aggies looked terrible last week against Stanford, but a lot of teams will look terrible against Stanford. Can they do better against DII Fort Lewis. Hope so...UCD 20, Fort Lewis 10.

North Dakota State at WSU---Wildcats took it on the chin last week at Arizona State. Now they get to entertain the defending national champs in North Dakota State. The only good thing is it is at home...North Dakota State 38, WSU 14.

Red & Black
September 6th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Cal
EWU
Montana
UND
NAU
South Dakota St
NDSU
Utah State
SE Louisiana
UC Davis
Montana St
UNLV
Portland State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JALMOND
September 7th, 2014, 05:40 PM
I'm currently at 12-1 for the year, missing last week's Cal Poly pick. Another attempt at perfection, although the games are getting a bit tougher to predict.

CP at South Dakota State---Mustangs coming off a somewhat surprising loss to a FBS team, possibly playing an FCS team that is better. Couldn't win last week, can't win this week...South Dakota State 38, CP 16.

EWU at Washington---Eagles seek to stay perfect in this young season. Husky fans skeptical of Peterson, especially after a close win at Hawaii. Wonder how they will be with a close win here...Washington 35, EWU 31.

ISU at Utah State---Bengals couldn't stay close to the Pac-12 Utah team, now play the Mountain West's Utah State team. Does it really matter...Utah State 38, ISU 7.

Central Washington at UM---Grizzlies played Wyoming tough last week in the lightning storm. Now they step down and play DII, quite possibly without their quarterback. As if it matters...UM 42, Central Washington 17.

Black Hills State at MSU---Bobcats as well play a DII this week after falling on the road last week at Arkansas State. This one should be easier...MSU 35, Black Hills State 14.

Robert Morris at UND---Recent history suggests that North Dakota could have stayed close with San Jose State last week, which would make this game a possible rout. But that was past history...Robert Morris 21, UND 17.

NAU at Abilene Christian---Lumberjacks tried to slow down San Diego State last week to no avail. Now they play an FCS newcomer in Abilene Christian, but try telling Georgia State that. A good game...NAU 31, Abilene Christian 30.

UNC at Nevada-Las Vegas---Bears waited until this weekend to kick off their season, giving them an extra week to prepare. But will that really help here against the Mountain West?...Nevada-Las Vegas 42, UNC 13.

Western Oregon at PSU---Vikings gave Oregon State a scare in the first half, now they hope to play a complete game against DII's Western Oregon. This should come out in their favor...PSU 42, Western Oregon 10.

SAC at California---The Hornets raised some eyebrow across the conference, giving Incarnate Word quite a welcome to FCS. Now they play a downtrodden California team from the Pac-12. Possible upset?...California 35, SAC 29.

SUU at Southeastern Louisiana---Thunderbirds actually looked pretty good against Nevada last week. Now they play one of the better teams in FCS in Southeastern Louisiana. Can they win it?...Southeastern Louisiana 38, SUU 24.

Fort Lewis at UCD---The Aggies looked terrible last week against Stanford, but a lot of teams will look terrible against Stanford. Can they do better against DII Fort Lewis. Hope so...UCD 20, Fort Lewis 10.

North Dakota State at WSU---Wildcats took it on the chin last week at Arizona State. Now they get to entertain the defending national champs in North Dakota State. The only good thing is it is at home...North Dakota State 38, WSU 14.

12-1. missed North Dakota. 24-2 for the season so far.

darell1976
September 7th, 2014, 10:44 PM
I went 12-1 missing the Cal Poly game. 23-3 for the season.

deez_na
September 8th, 2014, 07:55 AM
16-13 over Robert Morris? Ouch. UND is young and has a lot of work to do. A win is all that matters but getting outgained by 100 yards at home to Robert Morris is something to worry about and giving up 200 yards rushing to their running back.

darell1976
September 8th, 2014, 08:55 AM
16-13 over Robert Morris? Ouch. UND is young and has a lot of work to do. A win is all that matters but getting outgained by 100 yards at home to Robert Morris is something to worry about and giving up 200 yards rushing to their running back.
Remember they are playing with Mussman players. Bubba can only do so much until they filter out and Bubba's players start filtering in.

deez_na
September 8th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Remember they are playing with Mussman players. Bubba can only do so much until they filter out and Bubba's players start filtering in.

Yes that's why i said they have a lot of work to do. They need a couple years or more for Bubba to try get them turned around but no excuse for 200 yards rushing to any robert morris running back ever. This was their easiest test on the schedule. They are probably getting trounced at Missouri State this weekend.