PDA

View Full Version : GDT: Montana vs Wyoming

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Watch it here-
http://www.themw.com/#!/watch-live#5367

If its blocked in your region get chrome extension called ZenMate and it should work fine.
Good game going.

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 04:24 PM
6-3 Griz right before the half.

BisonFan02
August 30th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Fire Vigen, Save Season!.....too soon?

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Half time

- - - Updated - - -

Nope

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 04:37 PM

NOPE!

Bisonator
August 30th, 2014, 04:41 PM

Hehehxthumbsupx

veinup
August 30th, 2014, 04:45 PM
hang in dere griz.

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Game back on folks! Fun watching a team recruited for spread trying to play power.

SUPharmacist
What is the delay?

Grizalltheway
Wags getting his Buchanan campaign off to a flying start.

veinup
August 30th, 2014, 04:53 PM
weather delay or something?

Grizalltheway
August 30th, 2014, 04:59 PM
weather delay or something?
Yeah, lightning.

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Freaking lightening delay

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Wags getting his Buchanan campaign off to a flying start.

He looks great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
August 30th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Still in a delay?

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Nope. 12:00 in the 3rd

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Both teams have no offense

BisonFan02
August 30th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Both teams have no offense

Wait for it............wait for it.......

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Wait for it............wait for it.......
TD Wyoming

Bisonator
August 30th, 2014, 05:45 PM
TD Cowboys 10-6.

BisonFan02
August 30th, 2014, 05:49 PM
TD Wyoming

Welp....not what I was going for xlolx but yeah...that happened. Come on Griz!!!

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Come on Montana, make a damn game of it.

Bisonator
August 30th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Cowboys with another TD.

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 05:54 PM
This game is done. Feels like I am watching NDSU(with bad players) in brown uniforms.

Bisonator
August 30th, 2014, 05:56 PM
This game is done. Feels like I am watching NDSU(with bad players) in brown uniforms.

xlolx

Southern Bison
August 30th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Yeah, lightning.
OL FU & I are sitting at Paladin Stadium wondering if the Gnome was hit...say it ain't so!

BisonBacker
August 30th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Score update please........

smilo
August 30th, 2014, 06:53 PM
17-12 Wyoming ball around midfield with about 8 minutes to go

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Hmm, TO there? Curious...

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2014, 06:59 PM

No Delaney has done that before in fact I remember kalm talking about it on the show last year and I'm pretty sure it was against EWU if I remember it correctly.

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 06:59 PM

2 missed conversions maybe.

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 07:00 PM
I don't think you punt here.

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 07:01 PM
And that's the reason why. You need to trust that your offense can get one yard.

uofmman1122
August 30th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Griz coaches are awful.

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 07:03 PM
No Delaney has done that before in fact I remember kalm talking about it on the show last year and I'm pretty sure it was against EWU if I remember it correctly.

I just think it's a mistake to give them the ball back to run out the clock when you only need to go one yard. I mean, have some confidence in your players and give them a shot to win the game. Baldwin would have gone for it. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2014, 07:08 PM
I just think it's a mistake to give them the ball back to run out the clock when you only need to go one yard. I mean, have some confidence in your players and give them a shot to win the game. Baldwin would have gone for it. :)

I was talking about his timeout strategy and you seem to be talking about the punt which I think was dumb as hell as well.

We don't have great minds in the coaching area any longer. Not real good at when figuring when a gamble is appropriate and so forth. Strategy ain't been our strong suit in the last few years...oh and special teams that we hung our hat on forever is also now a weakness instead of a strength.

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I was talking about his timeout strategy and you seem to be talking about the punt which I think was dumb as hell as well.

We don't have great minds in the coaching area any longer. Not real good at when figuring when a gamble is appropriate and so forth. Strategy ain't been our strong suit in the last few years...oh and special teams that we hung our hat on forever is also now a weakness instead of a strength.

Yeah, sorry, I had that punt on my mind and was pissed off about it when I was reading your post, lol.

smilo
August 30th, 2014, 07:12 PM
42 yards rushing against that Bohl defense FTR

mvemjsunpx
August 30th, 2014, 07:40 PM
And that's the reason why. You need to trust that your offense can get one yard.

Huh? Wasn't it 4th. & 10?

You're talking about UM's last offensive series, right?

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Huh? Wasn't it 4th. & 10?

You're talking about UM's last offensive series, right?

Didn't they get just short of the 1st down marker?

mvemjsunpx
August 30th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Didn't they get just short of the 1st down marker?

No, I believe that was the backside of the chains. It was 3rd. & 15 before that and Henderson only got about 5.

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 07:44 PM
No, I believe that was the backside of the chains. It was 3rd. & 15 before that and Henderson only got about 5.

Well ****. Think I'd still had gone for it in that scenario.

mvemjsunpx
August 30th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Well ****. Think I'd still had gone for it in that scenario.

No way. It was a no-brainer punt. 4th. & 10 deep in your own end with 5:00 left in a defensive game? I like my chances of stopping Wyoming much more than getting the first down.

Twentysix
August 30th, 2014, 09:02 PM
42 yards rushing against that Bohl defense FTR

It won't really be a bohl defense until atleast next year, maybe even the year after.

smilo
August 30th, 2014, 09:57 PM
It won't really be a bohl defense until atleast next year, maybe even the year after.

Oh, I'm very aware but there was some taunting earlier about how many yards they'd put up against "his" defense IIRC.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 02:11 AM
Oh, I'm very aware but there was some taunting earlier about how many yards they'd put up against "his" defense IIRC.

By who? I haven't see crap from most MT fans bolstering anything about some greatness this year so I must have missed it.

EllsworthGriz
August 31st, 2014, 09:34 AM
Yep! Coaching and a weak run blocking front will limit JJ's ability to really shine this year. NDSU will kill us up front on both sides of the ball. Congrats to NDSU with their total domination of ISU. Griz will be fighting a down and distance problem the whole game against NDSU just like they did against Wyoming. Hope our punt team can suck it up and not give up too many block punts this year. Worst special team in FCS.

centennial
August 31st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Yep! Coaching and a weak run blocking front will limit JJ's ability to really shine this year. NDSU will kill us up front on both sides of the ball. Congrats to NDSU with their total domination of ISU. Griz will be fighting a down and distance problem the whole game against NDSU just like they did against Wyoming. Hope our punt team can suck it up and not give up too many block punts this year. Worst special team in FCS.
I think you guys could have easily won the game if your coaching was better.

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2014, 10:53 AM

This. Our last offensive series was classically pathetic.

We have one of (if not the best) hurry up spread QBs in FCS, and we're shoehorning him into a "powerful pro style" offense with five new OL starters. Gotta establish that run, though! (Even if it hasn't been working all game)

And whad'ya know? The one series we go hurry up and let our QB do his thing, we score easily.

I've just about had it with this coaching staff. We could (see: should) have won this game.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 11:34 AM

That is what is absolutely the most frustrating thing. There are many games over the last few years that we absolutely should have won but we have been hampered by a lack of good coaching. I don't gripe about coaching, I couldn't hold a candle to any one of those guys doing the job. I can look at what one staff is doing and compare the results to what another staff is doing though.

I know why Coach Delaney was brought in. We needed a steady ship with a good man at the helm that could calm things down and get us back in the right direction outside of the football field. He is doing that and it is important so I am fine with my frustration in this area. But it sure ain't easy when you can see us let games slip away like that.

It's funny the people that bitched about Hauck so much because he actually ran the Griz much more like what NDSU is now than anyone since him has. He was all about special teams, Proper O line, and D line first everything else coming off of that. At this level that is absolutely where your focus should be so I'm sorry Alpha, you were flat out incorrect.:D

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 11:38 AM

We have one of (if not the best) hurry up spread QBs in FCS, and we're shoehorning him into a "powerful pro style" offense with five new OL starters. Gotta establish that run, though! (Even if it hasn't been working all game)

And whad'ya know? The one series we go hurry up and let our QB do his thing, we score easily.

I've just about had it with this coaching staff. We could (see: should) have won this game.

It is sad that Johnson as talented as he is has been basically wated the last couple years...well, we don't know that this year is wasted but his abilities will most likely be...run twice, pass once, punt the ball...get it blocked every fifth time.

centennial
August 31st, 2014, 11:41 AM
That is what is absolutely the most frustrating thing. There are many games over the last few years that we absolutely should have won but we have been hampered by a lack of good coaching. I don't gripe about coaching, I couldn't hold a candle to any one of those guys doing the job. I can look at what one staff is doing and compare the results to what another staff is doing though.

I know why Coach Delaney was brought in. We needed a steady ship with a good man at the helm that could calm things down and get us back in the right direction outside of the football field. He is doing that and it is important so I am fine with my frustration in this area. But it sure ain't easy when you can see us let games slip away like that.

It's funny the people that bitched about Hauck so much because he actually ran the Griz much more like what NDSU is now than anyone since him has. He was all about special teams, Proper O line, and D line first everything else coming off of that. At this level that is absolutely where your focus should be so I'm sorry Alpha, you were flat out incorrect.:D
Maybe things that seem common sense don't look like it to the coaches. I couldn't wrap my mind around how your team played yesterday. It should have been a 28-10 griz game, even the offensive play calling was disappointing, it lacked creativity, direction and failed to make good adjustments.

Cleets
August 31st, 2014, 03:13 PM

Ya think... xlmaoxYes I totally agree (The Griz have a coaching problem)

Talent wise the Griz can play with just about anybody (I sincerely believe that)
But the teams inability to adjust after the half the previous two seasons and yesterday will continue to be the DEATH of this solid group of players

I don't know what goes on in the halftime meetings
But the other teams come out and dominate the Griz after the half

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 05:54 PM
Ya think... xlmaoxYes I totally agree (The Griz have a coaching problem)

Talent wise the Griz can play with just about anybody (I sincerely believe that)
But the teams inability to adjust after the half the previous two seasons and yesterday will continue to be the DEATH of this solid group of players

I don't know what goes on in the halftime meetings
But the other teams come out and dominate the Griz after the half

And the fact that this is exactly the opposite of what we've see for 20 yrs is the really tough thing to take.

Grizo406
August 31st, 2014, 06:35 PM
Portions of this game led me to believe that the Griz wouldn't/couldn't have scored, even if the Cowboy defense had vacated the field.

Other than that, the final score was a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Go Griz!!!

mvemjsunpx
August 31st, 2014, 06:46 PM

How was the coaching to blame for the fact that Johnson kept air mailing his receivers by 10 yards?
How was the coaching to blame for the fact that Saylor dropped a key pass in the last series?
How was the coaching to blame for the fact that Van cut back when he shouldn't of on the last series, stumbled, and got dropped for a 5-yard loss?

Running isn't just about "establishing the run," it's about keeping the defense honest. I liked the run call on the last series because the Griz threw every down on the last one; it just didn't work out. If UM runs hurry up & passes every time, then defenses will adjust, receivers won't get open, and JJ will die a horrible & bloody death.

The only coaching decision I really questioned was the 4th. & 4 punt in the third (just before the second lightning delay). That ended up working out, though, because Wyoming punted deep in the their own end & the Griz drove down & scored. When you have a punter like Shaw, these types of decisions are more interesting.

One unfortunate truth sums up yesterday's contest: Ryan Burke threw a better ball on a trick play than anything Jordan Johnson threw the entire game.

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2014, 07:20 PM
How was the coaching to blame for the fact that Johnson kept air mailing his receivers by 10 yards?
How was the coaching to blame for the fact that Saylor dropped a key pass in the last series?
How was the coaching to blame for the fact that Van cut back when he shouldn't of on the last series, stumbled, and got dropped for a 5-yard loss?

Running isn't just about "establishing the run," it's about keeping the defense honest. I liked the run call on the last series because the Griz threw every down on the last one; it just didn't work out. If UM runs hurry up & passes every time, then defenses will adjust, receivers won't get open, and JJ will die a horrible & bloody death.

The only coaching decision I really questioned was the 4th. & 4 punt in the third (just before the second lightning delay). That ended up working out, though, because Wyoming punted deep in the their own end & the Griz drove down & scored. When you have a punter like Shaw, these types of decisions are more interesting.

One unfortunate truth sums up yesterday's contest: Ryan Burke threw a better ball on a trick play than anything Jordan Johnson threw the entire game.
JJ looked great on the scoring drive before.

The same thing happened all the time last year. Whenever we play a decent team, we waste time trying to get this new offense going that has proven to not work, and then when we're behind several scores, we take the reins off JJ and suddenly we're back in the game.

You're worried about them adjusting? They proved the entire game they didn't need to adjust to stop our offense. Let them adjust and try to stop us at our strengths instead of continuing to shut us down when we decide we want to be a pro style team.

They weren't able to stop us when JJ was let loose, and then suddenly we're going to switch back to what wasn't working and unleash our offensive juggernaut? That's some weird logic.

We didn't execute like we should have, but I firmly believe we have the talent to beat Wyoming by several scores.

Everyone and their dog can see that coaching is holding us back.

I'm tired of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Cleets
August 31st, 2014, 07:29 PM
Griz fans have been spoiled over the last 20 years
The program has consistently had excellent coaching staffs (plus or minus 3%) but always very good
There were years in fact I would have argued the biggest strength of the team was the coaching

Now we've had 2 years (and are about to experience a 3rd) where our coaching staff is obviously weaker than our competitors
Example: Eastern WA and NAU & MSU wouldn't trade their staff for ours... and there were season when we only defeated those teams because of superior coaching

Beating a dead horse (Yes I am) but worth discussing

mvemjsunpx
August 31st, 2014, 08:25 PM
JJ looked great on the scoring drive before.

The same thing happened all the time last year. Whenever we play a decent team, we waste time trying to get this new offense going that has proven to not work, and then when we're behind several scores, we take the reins off JJ and suddenly we're back in the game.

You're worried about them adjusting? They proved the entire game they didn't need to adjust to stop our offense. Let them adjust and try to stop us at our strengths instead of continuing to shut us down when we decide we want to be a pro style team.

They weren't able to stop us when JJ was let loose, and then suddenly we're going to switch back to what wasn't working and unleash our offensive juggernaut? That's some weird logic.

You're looking at this too simplistically. If UM runs a hurry-up with JJ regularly, teams are gonna gameplan for that primarily. I think there are two reasons that seems to work better: 1. Opponents are gameplanning for other stuff & not so much the hurry-up; 2. Coaches love prevent in hurry-up/comeback situations.

I wouldn't say JJ looked "great" on the last scoring drive. That 3rd. down pass just before Van's 4th. down conversion should've been intercepted but the LB dropped it. Also, they just plain forgot to cover Ralston on the touchdown.

I firmly believe we have the talent to beat Wyoming by several scores.

Everyone and their dog can see that coaching is holding us back.

I'm tired of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I guess the more firmly you say it, the more true it is. xrolleyesx

The Griz don't have the talent where they should beat Wyoming by "several scores," even if everyone was healthy & able.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 08:42 PM
You're looking at this too simplistically. If UM runs a hurry-up with JJ regularly, teams are gonna gameplan for that primarily. I think there are two reasons that seems to work better: 1. Opponents are gameplanning for other stuff & not so much the hurry-up; 2. Coaches love prevent in hurry-up/comeback situations.

I wouldn't say JJ looked "great" on the last scoring drive. That 3rd. down pass just before Van's 4th. down conversion should've been intercepted but the LB dropped it. Also, they just plain forgot to cover Ralston on the touchdown.

I guess the more firmly you say it, the more true it is. xrolleyesx

The Griz don't have the talent where they should beat Wyoming by "several scores," even if everyone was healthy & able.

You can say it isn't as loudly as you want to as well and I would usually side with you but not anymore. We can pick apart little things and say it's JJ's fault, and Van's fault for this and that. It definitely has an impact but we've always had that. Kids make mistakes in every game that's a fact of life. The game preparation and the 1/2 time adjustments are specific **** that we don't seem to be doing well lately. Maybe we are doing good with it but we just look like **** on gameday...wait, that's not correct. If we had an identity and a well coached O line I really could see us getting by on that and weaknesses getting convered up but we can almost never eforce our will on people anymore.

I think he's a great guy and what we needed but you can't tell me this has been good work that last couple years. Well, you can tell me it is I guess but I'm done listening at that point I think cuz there has a lot of really good talent rotting on the vine so to speak.

Hell just look at the talent on D alone and tell me should have been swiss cheesed every damn time we took the field. Just doesn't make much sense.

The drops, overthrows, and all miscues were a factor for sure as well though.

mvemjsunpx
August 31st, 2014, 09:02 PM
You can say it isn't as loudly as you want to as well and I would usually side with you but not anymore. We can pick apart little things and say it's JJ's fault, and Van's fault for this and that. It definitely has an impact but we've always had that. Kids make mistakes in every game that's a fact of life. The game preparation and the 1/2 time adjustments are specific **** that we don't seem to be doing well lately. Maybe we are doing good with it but we just look like **** on gameday...wait, that's not correct. If we had an identity and a well coached O line I really could see us getting by on that and weaknesses getting convered up but we can almost never eforce our will on people anymore.

I think he's a great guy and what we needed but you can't tell me this has been good work that last couple years. Well, you can tell me it is I guess but I'm done listening at that point I think cuz there has a lot of really good talent rotting on the vine so to speak.

Hell just look at the talent on D alone and tell me should have been swiss cheesed every damn time we took the field. Just doesn't make much sense.

The drops, overthrows, and all miscues were a factor for sure as well though.

How was the defense "swiss-cheesed" yesterday? Wyoming didn't even get 100 passing yards & Kirkegaard's efficiency numbers were even worse than JJ's. 200 rushing yards isn't great, but most of that came on a couple drives and Wyoming certainly isn't deficient in their ability to run the ball.

Most everything yesterday went about how I expected. I picked the Griz to win because I thought JJ would play as well as he did in the last scrimmage (with the current OL and fewer WRs). He didn't play well, and the Griz lost.

Here's a really good post by Grizfan-24 on maroonblood (http://www.maroonblood.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1419&start=15) from this morning…

I think people assumed Wyoming was going to be this soft defense (they were last year) but that isn't how Bohl teams play. Their defensive line was always going to cause us problems because it is better than anything we'll face this year (maybe minus NDSU).

I thought it was a great gameplan to limit the number of deep drops by Jordan, and if people didn't think our offensive line wasn't going to struggle with blitz pickup well they need to get their heads out of the clouds.

This game came down to the fact that Wyomings defense was far superior to our offense. Game, set, match. Johnson wasn't good at all and was given chances to execute and for the first time in a long while didn't have the type of game we are used to seeing.

I was really happy with the D. They are going to be fine. We missed tackles late, when they had been on the field forever. I'll give Hermy a pass on the aggressive route on the 50 yard td run. Wasn't the best route, but guys were flying to the football. The defense gave Wyoming's offense all they could handle today.

On the blocked punt: That was a terrible choice by the PP. You are told to step down, but you need to get your hand on the guy. They went two for one on the inside guy and let the other go scot free. The other part of it is that Shaw continues to be at times rather slow getting the punt off.
I for one don't like that punt alignment because I think it gives way to many initial unobstructed lines to the punter. Watch all the programs who run it, they get a lot of near blocks.

*****RANT COMING*****

We have to stop comparing apples to oranges. This is a football team that is probably worthy of the 5th ranking in FCS. We aren't close at this moment to NDSU or maybe EWU. Most of that is entirely related to what might be a slow process of getting the O-Line some confidence. This wasn't or never would be to break in 4 new starters on the O-Line. Heck I wouldn't do it in any cases. They had an not-surprising uneven camp because of it and if you expect the offense to fire on all cylinders with several of its components (henderson, van, naccaratto, the whole o-line, others) not working at all together the whole camp you need to get your head examined.

I get that we hate losing games we should win. A game that we could have won. Being frustrated for the sake of being frustrated about the state or condition of the program is getting pleasure from pain. If it is your schtick fine, but the reality is if given the opportunity this team could be really, really, good by the end of the season.

I will say this now: there is nothing that would stop us from going the rest of the season with more than one loss. I see us having a great chance in conference to challenge and if not surpass EWU. That maybe bold but mostly because I choose to look at the positive take aways from todays game.

Brint was and is right, there are so many that populate this and the other board seem to get a significant amount of joy at watching us fail. I personally don't get it. I didn't see anything yesterday that couldn't be fixed. The defense on the whole (throw out the 200 yards of rushing (three series really) stuck it to Wyoming. There were small things that let to the loss, not big things. The defense seems to be further ahead schematically than at any other point in recent memory. If you want to mire yourself in two or three points then go ahead but it isn't going to get you any closer to understanding the game of football.

Here is the point, finding negatives and pointing them out is merely pointing out the obvious. Doesn't solve an issue nor does it bring anything to the conversation. Because if you know anything about blitz pickup, by all means tell me what needed to happen (a 3-2 box call, a 4-2 luck call) that would have kept JJ from getting run through on those plays.

I have a blog up by Tuesday about a couple of observations from a tactical standpoint.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 09:12 PM
How was the defense "swiss-cheesed" yesterday? Wyoming didn't even get 100 passing yards & Kirkegaard's efficiency numbers were even worse than JJ's. 200 rushing yards isn't great, but most of that came on a couple drives and Wyoming certainly isn't deficient in their ability to run the ball.

Most everything yesterday went about how I expected. I picked the Griz to win because I thought JJ would play as well as he did in the last scrimmage (with the current OL and fewer WRs). He didn't play well, and the Griz lost.

Here's a really good post by Grizfan-24 on maroonblood (http://www.maroonblood.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1419&start=15) from this morning…

Sorry, I thought I said last year but on second look I didn't specify. I was referring to the really good talent we had last year and got swiss cheesed every time we turned around.

Did not mean yesterday. Thought that was a fairly good effort in spite of a couple of miscues.

uofmman1122
August 31st, 2014, 09:24 PM
I know JJ didn't have his best game, and we had some lapses in execution, but as Ursus said you're focusing on little, correctable things while ignoring the big things that seem to happen regularly with this coaching staff: unimaginative playcalling (especially when the "plan" doesn't work right away), a complete lack of adjustments, and the complete embarrassment that is special teams.

I'm not saying they can't improve, I'm not saying we're going to suck this year (I still think we have the talent to go 9-3), and I'm not saying everything sucked yesterday just to be a downer, but at some point you have to admit that this coaching situation has been a mess for over two years now, and, apart from Gregorak yesterday (I was impressed with the defense as a whole), they haven't shown improvement in specific areas that have been a pressing concern for a while now.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 09:40 PM
I know JJ didn't have his best game, and we had some lapses in execution, but as Ursus said you're focusing on little, correctable things while ignoring the big things that seem to happen regularly with this coaching staff: unimaginative playcalling (especially when the "plan" doesn't work right away), a complete lack of adjustments, and the complete embarrassment that is special teams.

I'm not saying they can't improve, I'm not saying we're going to suck this year (I still think we have the talent to go 9-3), and I'm not saying everything sucked yesterday just to be a downer, but at some point you have to admit that this coaching situation has been a mess for over two years now, and, apart from Gregorak yesterday (I was impressed with the defense as a whole), they haven't shown improvement in specific areas that have been a pressing concern for a while now.

That's the thing I'm hoping for more than anything is that our coaching gets better and after yesterday it doesn't seem to be on too much of an uptick...I ain't calling for anyone's head as I've said cuz I respect what they are doing for us in other areas we've been woefully deficient lately. I'm just not gonna call it something that it is not. You summarized fairly well there. I just expected and hoped and even argued with people the last couple years to give these guys a chance as long as we were the right path in other areas but I ain't feeling confident I was correct in saying that this staff would gel and get a lot better as a staff.

Cleets
August 31st, 2014, 10:23 PM
I'm waiting for anybody to tell me what Big Sky team would trade their present coaching staff for the Griz staff...

mvemjsunpx
August 31st, 2014, 11:10 PM
I'm waiting for anybody to tell me what Big Sky team would trade their present coaching staff for the Griz staff...

Not counting brand new coaching staffs…

Wouldn't trade

Eastern Washington (they think Baldwin's a god)
Southern Utah (Lamb's always been solid)
Idaho State (for now, but Kramer's good-will cushion may be running out)

Would trade

Northern Colorado (they'd probably trade their staff for virtually anyone else)
Portland State (Burton's team is undisciplined & he has a reputation for being a dick to his players)
Northern Arizona (I like Souers, but the handful of NAU fans online seem to hate him for whatever reason)

Maybe/Don't Know

Cal Poly (Walsh has always been decent, but recent underachievement & off-the-field issues may be taking their toll; the halfhearted way they finished out the NMSU game was also puzzling)
UC Davis (Second-year guy: I never hear anything about him one way or the other)
Montana State (Bobcat opinions on Ash seem to be sharply divided; bobcatnation posters seem to respect Delaney more than Griz fans do)