PDA

View Full Version : EWU Eagles vs UW Huskies on Sept 6

thebootfitter
August 28th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Any Eagles fans on here going? Any other FCS fans going?

I'm planning to go, but would be fun to meet up with some fellow FCS fans.

I expect UW to win, especially after witnessing the EWU-SHSU game last week, but if they are able to clean up a few things, I think those from the red carpet are capable of a surprise win on this one.

SUPharmacist
August 28th, 2014, 10:31 PM
I expect UW to win, especially after witnessing the EWU-SHSU game last week, but if they are able to clean up a few things, I think those from the red carpet are capable of a surprise win on this one.
While I would love to see that surprise win, even if they cleaned up a ton I think they lose by 10. We'll see what happens, always nice to see big programs get knocked down a notch.

centennial
August 28th, 2014, 10:45 PM

EWU lose by 17. They will have to be another team to win.

tomq04
August 29th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Have a little more faith! It'll be a good game, no guarantee of a W, coach Baldwin will have them ready to compete at the very least.

kalm
August 29th, 2014, 07:20 AM
I think 10 points is a reasonable spread. If you have a chance to go to the game and hook up with the Bootfitter, he's a cool dude. And please bring an EWU hat for him so he doesn't have to wear that ugly green and yellow thing.

Gil Dobie
August 29th, 2014, 08:01 AM
EWU by 10 sounds good. Don't think Washington will be ready for this air raid.

thebootfitter
August 29th, 2014, 11:25 AM
I think 10 points is a reasonable spread. If you have a chance to go to the game and hook up with the Bootfitter, he's a cool dude. And please bring an EWU hat for him so he doesn't have to wear that ugly green and yellow thing.
Ha ha! I might wave a red and black hat around a bit while I'm cheering for David to beat Goliath, but I don't think I could bring myself to put it on my head.

Sorry you're not able to make it, kalm.

tomq04
August 29th, 2014, 12:17 PM
EWU 56- UW 49 on a last minute drive.

BOOK IT

Red & Black
August 29th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I don't know what to expect from this game. Wouldn't be surprised to see us lose by 2-3 TD's, but a surprise upset isn't totally out of the question, either. I expect quite a few of our starters to sit out of tomorrow's game, so hopefully we go into the UW a little healthier. We were a little banged up going into the SHSU game and had a few guys get dinged up in that one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleets
August 29th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Whoa, there ladies and gentlemen...
Chris Petersen is on record saying he's never had more talent to work with than he has right now
He's mentioned some kids were slow to learn his system - but - this is Chris Petersen we're talking about

This is the guy that Pete Carroll (super Bowl winning coach) said was the smartest football mind he's ever seen

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here...
This might not be that close of a game - but - If I'm wrong you can rub it in and call me out... but I got a bad feeling about this game

thebootfitter
August 31st, 2014, 12:54 AM
I watched a few bits and pieces of the UW vs Hawaii game tonight. Maybe Hawaii is better than I give them credit for. And maybe UW can clean up their game, but I don't think an Eagles win is farfetched at all.

veinup
August 31st, 2014, 09:50 AM
Wish I was going to this game. I attend UW, but I generally pull for FCS teams .. eh, go eagles.

Gil Dobie
August 31st, 2014, 10:20 AM
Go Red Eagles!

thebootfitter
September 3rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Bueller? Bueller??

If anyone is tailgating, I'll bring plenty of beer and some tasty BISON burgers to grill! (Eagles fans ought to love the symbolism of that, even though I eat bison because it is tasty, relatively healthful, oh, and tasty.)

Seriously, if anyone is going, send me a PM. Thanks!

Ground&Pound
September 3rd, 2014, 04:16 PM

We might make a late flight to this one. I have free tickets if we can just get there from Nor Cal.

Eastern Washington will win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2014, 04:20 PM
I think EWU can keep it interesting but ultimately I don't see Washington losing in Peterson's home debut. There's too much familiarity with the parties involved for the Eagles to steal one imo.

thebootfitter
September 3rd, 2014, 04:26 PM
We might make a late flight to this one. I have free tickets if we can just get there from Nor Cal.

Free tickets for me? Awesome! Let me know how to pick them up. ;-)

Ivytalk
September 3rd, 2014, 05:33 PM
Any team that has sail-up tailgates deserves to lose, but I think EWU loses by two scores.

Grizalltheway
September 3rd, 2014, 05:56 PM
Any team that has sail-up tailgates deserves to lose, but I think EWU loses by two scores.

Jealous much? Sounds awesome to me.xthumbsupx

UNIFanSince1983
September 3rd, 2014, 06:23 PM
So Washington only beat a 1-11 Hawaii team by 1? I didn't get to see the game is Hawaii that much better than last year or did Washington really play badly? I think EWU could keep it close although ultimately I think Washington will pull away because EWU won't be able to stop them.

thebootfitter
September 3rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
So Washington only beat a 1-11 Hawaii team by 1? I didn't get to see the game is Hawaii that much better than last year or did Washington really play badly? I think EWU could keep it close although ultimately I think Washington will pull away because EWU won't be able to stop them.
I watched a bit of the UW-Hawaii game, but not enough to make a detailed assessment. My take is that Hawaii looked better than last year and UW fell way short of expectations.

Red & Black
September 3rd, 2014, 08:22 PM

Check your PM's.

DJKyR0
September 3rd, 2014, 10:49 PM
EWU 56- UW 49 on a last minute drive.

BOOK IT

The spread offense and air raid mentality have made college football such a weird animal. NDSU won't give up 49 points across any three-game stretch this year, by comparison. And hey, if a team makes the playoffs with their chosen mentality, good for them.

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2014, 10:55 PM
Husky fans are already up in arms over the 1 point win over Hawaii. They are not buying the idea that Hawaii may be "vastly improved" so to speak. A loss to EWU and there could be some serious concern for Peterson and company. Heck, even a close win may spark some concern in Huskyland.

saxbison
September 3rd, 2014, 10:58 PM
If EWU doesn't at least have a respectable game, it spells Ill for UNI.

bonarae
September 4th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Upset for EWU, but may probably be low to medium scoring... (< 35 each team)

marenlee
September 4th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I still think Hawaii is a turrible team. So unless UW brings their A game I like EWU's chances to at least make it close. Hard to cheer for the red stain as I lean towards being a PAC 12 fan, but gotta love the FCS over FBS headlines.

Red & Black
September 4th, 2014, 09:27 AM
The spread offense and air raid mentality have made college football such a weird animal. NDSU won't give up 49 points across any three-game stretch this year, by comparison. And hey, if a team makes the playoffs with their chosen mentality, good for them.

We run a high-tempo spread offense, but it's not akin to the Leach Air Raid or June Jones Run and Gun. In it's simplest form, it's based on the Erickson single-back offense, which can be pass-heavy, but actually designed to spread teams out to make more favorable matchups for the RB. When it's run effectively, which has been the case the past couple of years, it's a very balanced offense. I know people think of EWU as always being pass first, but we want to be balanced. If you look at the 600 or so yards of offense put up against SHSU, it was pretty much a 50/50 split. That's pretty much the goal every game, depending on the opponent of course.

100%GRIZ
September 4th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I see the game is not live on the Pac-12 Network. 7am Sunday (mountain time)

tomq04
September 4th, 2014, 10:01 AM
http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/Schedule

It should be live...maybe you have to be in the area of teams playing?

tomq04
September 4th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Pac -12 network says there are 3 games at noon, i suspect the higher priority games will be played if you aren't in Wa St.

thebootfitter
September 4th, 2014, 11:39 AM
If EWU doesn't at least have a respectable game, it spells Ill for UNI.
I'm not sure I'm following you here. Not pickin' up whatchyer puttin' down. Can you help me understand?

tomq04
September 4th, 2014, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure I'm following you here. Not pickin' up whatchyer puttin' down. Can you help me understand?

I also read that and went WUT?

dudeitsaid
September 4th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Pac -12 network says there are 3 games at noon, i suspect the higher priority games will be played if you aren't in Wa St.
I thought the same thing. It was showing the Fresno st, Utah game, so I called Dish, and they pointed out there is a pac12 alternate station (593 on Dish), and it will be on that channel.

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2014, 01:32 PM
We run a high-tempo spread offense, but it's not akin to the Leach Air Raid or June Jones Run and Gun. In it's simplest form, it's based on the Erickson single-back offense, which can be pass-heavy, but actually designed to spread teams out to make more favorable matchups for the RB. When it's run effectively, which has been the case the past couple of years, it's a very balanced offense. I know people think of EWU as always being pass first, but we want to be balanced. If you look at the 600 or so yards of offense put up against SHSU, it was pretty much a 50/50 split. That's pretty much the goal every game, depending on the opponent of course.

I think you missed the point Dj was trying to convey. Too many teams only care about a high powered offense, so that when they get matched upon a defense that can stop them and an offense that wants to control the ball, they have little chances.

Red & Black
September 4th, 2014, 07:21 PM
I think you missed the point Dj was trying to convey. Too many teams only care about a high powered offense, so that when they get matched upon a defense that can stop them and an offense that wants to control the ball, they have little chances.

Didn't miss the point. Just making a distinction.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Wouldnt be surprised to see EWU get shut out.......but if UDub turns the ball over in a weird spot they may get a FG.

Shootas jump balls won fly against a team like the Huskies so he could end up with 4+ INTs in fact I would bet on it.

tomq04
September 4th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Wouldnt be surprised to see EWU get shut out.......but if UDub turns the ball over in a weird spot they may get a FG.

Shootas jump balls won fly against a team like the Huskies so he could end up with 4+ INTs in fact I would bet on it.

I'll throw some bitcoin at this if you want to take a bet. There is no way in hell they are getting shut out or throwing 4 INTs.

dewey
September 5th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Good luck the the Eagles this weekend.

Dewey