PDA

View Full Version : Sean Schaefer named National Offensive Player of the Week

TigerFan17
October 31st, 2006, 12:34 AM
(from Atlantic10.org)

PHILADELPHIA, PA - After completing 27-of-37 passes for 435 yards and five touchdowns in Towson’s 49-35 victory at Delaware on Saturday, sophomore quarterback Sean Schaefer was named the National Offensive Player of the Week by The Sports Network, it was announced on Monday.

Schaefer’s five scoring tosses tied a career high and a program record, while his 435 passing yards marked his league-leading second 400-yard performance of the season. A two-time Atlantic 10 Offensive Player of the Week selection, the Dunkirk, MD, resident was also named a weekly All-Star by I-AA.org. Schaefer leads the Conference in passing yards (2,213) and completions (183) and has thrown 14 touchdown passes and just four interceptions on the year.

Also on Monday, The Sports Network unveiled its weekly top 25 poll, which featured six ranked teams from the A-10 for the fifth time this season. Massachusetts earned a season-high three first-place votes and comes in at No. 3, with James Madison climbing one spot to fourth. After a one-week absence, New Hampshire moves back into the top 10 at No. 9, followed by Richmond (15th), Towson (21st) and Maine (22nd). Towson returns to the rankings after a two-week absence as it improved to 4-0 on the road for the first time since 1986

With six teams ranked in the top 25, the Atlantic 10 is the most represented of any I-AA conference.

All 12 teams in the Atlantic 10 Football Conference are in action this weekend, as New Hampshire hosts Massachusetts, Rhode Island visits Hofstra, Maine entertains Northeastern, William & Mary travels to Towson, James Madison hosts Delaware and Richmond visits Villanova. The UMass-UNH contest will be aired live on College Sports Television at 12:00pm, with Jonathan Coachman handling the play-by-play duties and Chris Rix serving as the color commentator.

The kids gonna be a star!

th0m
October 31st, 2006, 05:04 AM
Congrats! I hope he'll have a less than average day vs. JMU in 2 1/2 weeks ;)

andy7171
October 31st, 2006, 07:05 AM
At 6-2, if Towson can beat W&M, which they should be able to do, I think they would just have to win one against either Richmond or JMU to be playoff worthy at 8-3.

Longhorn
October 31st, 2006, 07:36 AM
A well deserved award! Sean is a very exciting player, look forward to seeing him against the Dukes...we better be ready!

Ivytalk
October 31st, 2006, 08:26 AM
After seeing what he did to the Blue Hens last week, all I can say is :bow: :bow: :bow: !