Western Carolina 21

Gardner Webb 28
Chuck South 26

Coastal89
October 30th, 2006, 08:35 PM
SSU won't get 21!!!

rokamortis
October 31st, 2006, 04:16 AM
I hope Liberty beats Western Carolina and finally gets the W. They deserve a win after all of the hardwork and keeping their other games close. Western has really only had a couple of close games so hopefully the Flying Fallwells can take care of business.

CSU / GWU should be a great game. May the best team win.

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 06:17 AM
I HOPE Savannah St. doesn't get 21!!!

CCU 35 Savannah st. 14
Liberty 29 WCU 28
GWU 21 CSU 19

SuperJon
October 31st, 2006, 08:45 AM
If LU wins by 3 points or less I will be the happiest person on earth. Yea, sure, I'd love a blowout, but winning a close game would be what helped this team turn the corner.

MarkCCU
October 31st, 2006, 08:57 AM
Coastal and Liberty will get a Win..
the CSU/GW game is going to be the one to watch...ihope GW wins

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 10:37 AM
me too, i wonder if they'll keep us updated on the game at Brooks Saturday?

Coastal-Effect
October 31st, 2006, 07:24 PM
me too, i wonder if they'll keep us updated on the game at Brooks Saturday?

They never show 1-AA scores at our games I Wonder why:confused:Those are the only scores i really care about besides Clemson,S.C. & Georgia.:nod: :rotateh: :nod:

CSU BUCS
October 31st, 2006, 07:36 PM
Call 1-800-555-tell When it connects say “sports” then “college football” then “Charleston Southern” it’s free live info. That’s how I get info on all the scores while at the game. Most Div. Schools are on there. Coastal isn’t though. You have to be careful when listening to the score of a team who is listed on the service is playing someone who isn’t say APPY and Coastal played and App won 21 -20 if Coastal was listed it would say something like “App state defeated Coastal Carolina 21-20” but since Coastal isn’t listed it will say “App state defeated 21-20” sounds like App lost. Just be aware of that. Coastal is really one of the only Div. 1 schools not listed. It live time and it’s really cool.

Coastal-Effect
October 31st, 2006, 07:50 PM
Call 1-800-555-tell When it connects say “sports” then “college football” then “Charleston Southern” it’s free live info. That’s how I get info on all the scores while at the game. Most Div. Schools are on there. Coastal isn’t though. You have to be careful when listening to the score of a team who is listed on the service is playing someone who isn’t say APPY and Coastal played and App won 21 -20 if Coastal was listed it would say something like “App state defeated Coastal Carolina 21-20” but since Coastal isn’t listed it will say “App state defeated 21-20” sounds like App lost. Just be aware of that. Coastal is really one of the only Div. 1 schools not listed. It live time and it’s really cool.

Thanks for the info.:nod:

Death Dealer
October 31st, 2006, 11:23 PM
They never show 1-AA scores at our games I Wonder why:confused:Those are the only scores i really care about besides Clemson,S.C. & Georgia.:nod: :rotateh: :nod:

You got internet access on your phone or handheld? If so, then go to Fox Sports, then NCAA football, then scores. Has all DI conferences BS and CS.

BigDaddyBennett
November 1st, 2006, 04:33 AM
CCU 56
Savy St. 14

Liberty 8
Western Carolina 9
(I hope that class-less Liberty team never gets another one. It's a shame too, because I thought they were an impressive team, until they started getting delusional about CCU players acting like they were being kicked to get them ejected.:bawling: )

GWU 35
CSU 21
(CSU's luck will run out this week against a GWU team that is much better than the typical high school team that CSU plays)

Dabnus Brickey
November 1st, 2006, 07:40 AM
Big Daddy Bennett is on fire!!!

chantman
November 1st, 2006, 08:14 AM
Let me take a shot at this.

CCU-48
SSU-10

LU-14
WCU-10 (Got to pull for the Big South over the SoCon)

CSU-28
GWU-35

My guess is neither team will rush for 100 yards, but this will be the best team csu has faced this year.

Dabnus Brickey
November 1st, 2006, 09:01 AM
What do we get if our predictions are correct?

MarkCCU
November 1st, 2006, 10:25 AM
What do we get if our predictions are correct?

you get CCUCheer...

:hurray:

Dabnus Brickey
November 1st, 2006, 11:23 AM
:thumbsup: Exactly what I wanted...

SirApp
November 1st, 2006, 11:47 AM
Please Western, I'm begging you. Win this game over Liberty so the SoCon will have a winning record over the Big South.... :p

BigDaddyBennett
November 1st, 2006, 12:36 PM
Please Western, I'm begging you. Win this game over Liberty so the SoCon will have a winning record over the Big South.... :p
What's sad SirApp is that the SoCon needs that win to have a successful record against the Big South. You guys claim that the SOCon is such a powerful conference and the Big South is so weak. I feel it is time for folks to start recognizing (CCU fans as well) that the strength of the Big SOuth is improving dramatically. You guys can give all of the lines about the SoCOn being down that you want, but why are you saying that they are down? Because teams in a stronger Big South are beating some of them.

What's really sad is that you guys try and discredit the whole conference because CCU had a really bad day against App last season. Granted, App was better, but the blow-out score of that one game was not indicative of Coastal's strength. It was simply a statement that CCU underestimated severely a strong ASU team after they had a HUGE win over the defending National Champs the week before. CCU could have definitely played that game more competitively.

Don't get me wrong. I have tremendous respect for the SoCon. I do feel though, that CCU is better than MOST of the teams in your conference, and I am pretty sure that most of the Big South teams could COMPETE in your conference this season.

SuperJon
November 1st, 2006, 12:58 PM
This season, yes. Generally speaking, no. The Big South is getting closer but isn't there yet. App is so far above the rest of the conference this year. I pull for App because of my friends there and all of the people not on this board and they have a great team. Unless JM screws up big time, they're going to be good for a while.

CSU BUCS
November 1st, 2006, 01:01 PM
Oh my………………….

What will they think when the Big South announces it’s two newest members entering the fall of 2008, in addition to PC, and steals an auto bid from someone (won’t be the SOCON, but someone will loose theirs)? and god forbid there be a Big South team in the play-offs every year.

That’s right beginning in ‘08 the Big South will be an 8 team league.

I’m not saying anymore.

SirApp
November 1st, 2006, 01:12 PM
What's sad SirApp is that the SoCon needs that win to have a successful record against the Big South. You guys claim that the SOCon is such a powerful conference and the Big South is so weak. I feel it is time for folks to start recognizing (CCU fans as well) that the strength of the Big SOuth is improving dramatically. You guys can give all of the lines about the SoCOn being down that you want, but why are you saying that they are down? Because teams in a stronger Big South are beating some of them.

What's really sad is that you guys try and discredit the whole conference because CCU had a really bad day against App last season. Granted, App was better, but the blow-out score of that one game was not indicative of Coastal's strength. It was simply a statement that CCU underestimated severely a strong ASU team after they had a HUGE win over the defending National Champs the week before. CCU could have definitely played that game more competitively.

Don't get me wrong. I have tremendous respect for the SoCon. I do feel though, that CCU is better than MOST of the teams in your conference, and I am pretty sure that most of the Big South teams could COMPETE in your conference this season.

I was pretty much making a joke, but yes, the quality of the Big South is up. I've never tried to take away anything from Coastal, they have a really good team and I hope they come to Boonetown in 4 weeks. It'll make for a great game :thumbsup:

That being said, Western will probably lose to Liberty anyways....they've got some big problems over in the 'whee.

Thumper250
November 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
Ah, come on Bucs, you can't be teasin' like that. At least give us the state that you're mystery school resides in? I'm guessing not tooooo far away from the CSU campus, but that's just a guess.

As for the pics this week:

CCU 40, SSU 10 (The General calls off his troops in the third quarter)
LU 27, WCU 17 (WCU doesn't do well against the run, i.e. Furman)

I ain't about to pick the G-W / CSU game. It might be a good 'un. Wish I could make it.

SuperJon
November 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
Oh my………………….

What will they think when the Big South announces it’s two newest members entering the fall of 2008, in addition to PC, and steals an auto bid from someone (won’t be the SOCON, but someone will loose theirs)? and god forbid there be a Big South team in the play-offs every year.

I’m not saying anymore.

Ok, maybe 8 teams, but only 7 would even be eligible. Presby isn't eligible til something like 2011.

The only way the Big South gets a playoff bid is if it goes to 24 teams or the MEAC pulls out of the playoffs, both of which I don't see happening.

The Big Sky will get a playoff bid before the Big South. Their teams deserve it.

Coastal89
November 1st, 2006, 02:24 PM
Ok, maybe 8 teams, but only 7 would even be eligible. Presby isn't eligible til something like 2011.

The only way the Big South gets a playoff bid is if it goes to 24 teams or the MEAC pulls out of the playoffs, both of which I don't see happening.

The Big Sky will get a playoff bid before the Big South. Their teams deserve it.
Why wouldn't the Big South get an auto. According to the Almighty GPI, the BSC is ahead of 4 auto-bid conferences right now and we all know the gpi blah blah blah.

MarkCCU
November 1st, 2006, 02:38 PM
Ah, come on Bucs, you can't be teasin' like that. At least give us the state that you're mystery school resides in? I'm guessing not tooooo far away from the CSU campus, but that's just a guess.

As for the pics this week:

CCU 40, SSU 10 (The General calls off his troops in the third quarter)
LU 27, WCU 17 (WCU doesn't do well against the run, i.e. Furman)

I ain't about to pick the G-W / CSU game. It might be a good 'un. Wish I could make it.

and what school would that b

Coastal89
November 1st, 2006, 02:40 PM
and what school would that b
CSUBUCS said 8 teams so that would mean adding 2 more besides PC. ????
Is GSU in that despirate to win championships?.:D

MarkCCU
November 1st, 2006, 03:00 PM
CSUBUCS said 8 teams so that would mean adding 2 more besides PC. ????
Is GSU in that despirate to win championships?.:D

we GWebb becomes a full member in 2008. PC is starting it's membership in the conference, **** who else could it be? Benedict? Morris? lol

SirApp
November 1st, 2006, 03:02 PM
Johnson C. Smith :D

I'm kinda wanting to know as well....

Whatever happened to Coastal making the jump ?

MarkCCU
November 1st, 2006, 03:05 PM
Johnson C. Smith :D

I'm kinda wanting to know as well....

Whatever happened to Coastal making the jump ?

we're workings on it

Coastal89
November 1st, 2006, 04:08 PM
we GWebb becomes a full member in 2008. PC is starting it's membership in the conference, **** who else could it be? Benedict? Morris? lol
yeah but GW becoming a full member still only gives us 5 footballers since they're here already. PC + 2 other than GW = 8

rokamortis
November 1st, 2006, 04:10 PM
Oh my………………….

I’m not saying anymore.

Interesting. I'd like to hear which teams you think will be joining and why, but I doubt it happens unless they are DII moveups or a couple of current schools decide to add football - both likely to have been discussed publicly or leaked before now.

If what you say is true, the Big South won't be eligible for an auto bid until 2010 at the earliest. If both schools will transition from DII then 2012 is the magic number I believe. And if that is the case, the Big South will likely lose strength and not be able to earn one of 8 autobids anyway.

CSU BUCS
November 1st, 2006, 04:56 PM
It will be two 1-AA non/limited scholarship schools moving to the scholarship level. It’s a done deal from what I hear and I don’t question where it comes from (direct source). The Big South will make an official announcement soon. It blew my mind. Let’s just say the Big South may have to change it’s name. It makes no sense geographically and you wouldn’t believe me if I told you, so it may be best to just let the Conference announce it.
But rest assured that in 2 years the Big South will be eligible for an Auto Bid.

Coastal89
November 1st, 2006, 05:59 PM
Please Dear Lord not San Diego.:D

WinthropEagleFan
November 1st, 2006, 06:10 PM
OK CSUBucs...here's another question..are these schools just going to be in the Big South for football? or all sports? (i feel like we are playing 20 questions).

Edit: Based on the geographic issues you've mentioned...i'm guessing that they will be football only.

CSU BUCS
November 1st, 2006, 06:28 PM
I don’t know the answer to that specifically (I didn’t ask) but I assumed and I would say football only. I don’t see how they could afford the travel for all sports. According to MapQuest the two schools are 925.0 miles and 771.6 miles from Charleston SC.

bobbythekidd
November 1st, 2006, 06:34 PM
CCU Guys,
Savannah State is getting much better than they have been in previous years. I think they might score 10 on ya.

rokamortis
November 1st, 2006, 06:40 PM
Please Dear Lord not San Diego.:D
LMFAO

I guess it could be Albany and Stony Brook. But if that is true - is it just a temporary solution until they get a more geographically friendly home?

Sly Fox
November 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM
I could live with temporary. But I still see it as unlikely. I think we'd have a better chance with somebody like Delaware State.

SuperJon
November 1st, 2006, 08:47 PM
Albany is 915 miles from Charleston. Stony Brook isn't close to what the guy said.

Coastal89
November 1st, 2006, 09:00 PM
If it's Albany, Coastal has a huge fan base in that part of NY. We might have more people at games up there than the home team.

chantman
November 1st, 2006, 10:25 PM
It will be two 1-AA non/limited scholarship schools moving to the scholarship level. It’s a done deal from what I hear and I don’t question where it comes from (direct source). The Big South will make an official announcement soon. It blew my mind. Let’s just say the Big South may have to change it’s name. It makes no sense geographically and you wouldn’t believe me if I told you, so it may be best to just let the Conference announce it.
But rest assured that in 2 years the Big South will be eligible for an Auto Bid.

Can you at least give us the state?

rokamortis
November 2nd, 2006, 04:57 AM
Albany is 915 miles from Charleston. Stony Brook isn't close to what the guy said.

I realize that the mileage isn't exact - but I took two of the teams that were close in proximity to the mileage he said, which has been removed - and know that have been openly talking about the playoffs. Stony Brook will be an independent in 2007 after leaving the NEC. Another possible team could be CCSU. Who knows at this point - just speculation. Anyway - I stand by what I said earlier, I'm sure that whoever he heard it is that there would be sufficient buzz in their programs and this would have come up before. Announcing something like this with about 1-1/4 football seasons to go seems a bit quick.

rokamortis
November 2nd, 2006, 05:03 AM

That isn't true unless they change the conference eligibility rules or the Big South gets a waiver, which I doubt. To qualify for an auto bid a conference must have at least 6 eligible teams playing together for at least 2 years. So if the two teams you speak of join in 2008, then the earliest the Big South would be eligible would be 2010.

Thumper250
November 2nd, 2006, 08:56 AM
Maybe it'll be the Dukes of DooooKezzzzNeeee. ;)

Dabnus Brickey
November 2nd, 2006, 09:33 AM
I saw we start a DI-AA conference of only South Carolina teams.

MarkCCU
November 2nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Two teams in the north being apart of the Big South? That's ****ing stupid
Bucs, what are the schools?

Coastal89
November 2nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Marist College is 858 miles from Charleston. Numb nuts deleted his post, what was the second distance he mentioned Rok?

MarkCCU
November 2nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
is UNC-W getting that football program we've been hearing about?

SuperJon
November 2nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
925 and 775 or something like that.

Tealblood
November 2nd, 2006, 04:09 PM
Albany & Stoney Brook but i'll beleive it when I sees it

Tealblood
November 2nd, 2006, 04:10 PM
Or we (Kallander ) is trying to resurrect the Great Big South West thing again

Tealblood
November 2nd, 2006, 04:15 PM
bucs has some pretty good info it is some combo of NEC schools CCSU could be 1 of the 2. But it is not as written in stone as Bucs is implying, close but not brick solid

The Gadfly
November 2nd, 2006, 08:25 PM
The Bucknell Bison.

Winners this week:

G-Dubb

Liberty

Savannah State .... mmmmmriiiight.

ATrain
November 2nd, 2006, 09:50 PM
When can we expect an announcement?

Tealblood
November 3rd, 2006, 01:45 PM
It sounds like Albany & Stoney Brook will soon be members of the Big South in Football only in a few years. Still some details to work out but it is getting closer

MarkCCU
November 3rd, 2006, 03:14 PM
I CAN'T FIND THE POST WHERE THEY SAY ALBANY AND STONY BROOK.

IF THOSE SCHOOLS COME IN, I HOPE COASTAL IS OUT

rokamortis
November 3rd, 2006, 03:26 PM
I CAN'T FIND THE POST WHERE THEY SAY ALBANY AND STONY BROOK.

IF THOSE SCHOOLS COME IN, I HOPE COASTAL IS OUT

Why? Coastal Carolina University gets a lot of students from that area and would serve as a good marketing tool for us.

Tealblood
November 3rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
It is said in the post right above yours. Albany & Stoney Brook are likely to be members of the Big South in Football only

Sly Fox
November 3rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
If anything this should be something to make CCU want to stay. It would help get the Big South an auto bid quicker and thus eliminate one of the primary reasons why the Chants would want to jump. Yes, I know there are reasons.

rokamortis
November 3rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
If anything this should be something to make CCU want to stay. It would help get the Big South an auto bid quicker and thus eliminate one of the primary reasons why the Chants would want to jump. Yes, I know there are reasons.

I think it would be a strong showing by the Big South to make this happen. But we can't forget that the primary reason to stay is that we haven't gotten an invite from the SoCon. We may or may not in the next couple of weeks.

Is an agreement like this feasible to maintain in the longterm? Is Kallander building a solid foundation or a house of cards? I guess we'll find out.

CSU BUCS
November 3rd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Stoney Brook has nice facilities BTW. Home of the Giants training camp.

Sly Fox
November 3rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
Is an agreement like this feasible to maintain in the longterm? Is Kallander building a solid foundation or a house of cards? I guess we'll find out.

Keep in mind it would give Presbyterian time to get eligible.

MarkCCU
November 3rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
The big south would no longer be the big south.....

BigDaddyBennett
November 4th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Well, I personally don't want to see these schools join. It is going to create some major costs issues for travel. Plus, that's two additional games to our schedule that I know I will never be able to see us play on the road. I think that if we want to expand, we should look into expanding in the other direction.

What are they going to call the conference now? The Big South (with a little bit North). Or will we just use an asterisk next to the name of the conference. The Big South*?

rokamortis
November 4th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Well, I personally don't want to see these schools join. It is going to create some major costs issues for travel. Plus, that's two additional games to our schedule that I know I will never be able to see us play on the road. I think that if we want to expand, we should look into expanding in the other direction.

What are they going to call the conference now? The Big South (with a little bit North). Or will we just use an asterisk next to the name of the conference. The Big South*?

But it is only one game a year as I'm sure they would be alternated for each of the southern schools. I don't see what the big deal is - you have a lot of teams that have multiple plane trips a year, I'm sure we could handle one.

If it is both of the schools mentioned, they have shown a serious commitment to football and would enhance the Big South.

Sly Fox
November 4th, 2006, 10:00 AM
My sentiments exactly, Rok. You know we're going to hear our southernmost school crying foul because they don't want to spend money on their program. But one road trip up to New York every year wouldn't kill anybody.

As for the name of the league, does anybody really care?

CSU BUCS
November 4th, 2006, 10:01 AM
My sentiments exactly, Rok. You know we're going to hear our southernmost school crying foul because they don't want to spend money on their program. But one road trip up to New York every year wouldn't kill anybody.

As for the name of the league, does anybody really care?

You talking about us? Come-on. How would I had brought this story to you If the administration wasn't excited about it?

Our Operating budget is now tops in the Big South so flying for one or two games will not be a problem.

SuperJon
November 4th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Our Operating budget is now tops in the Big South so flying for one or two games will not be a problem.

I find that somewhat hard to believe.

CSU BUCS
November 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I find that somewhat hard to believe.

I'll post the facts when I get the time.

SuperJon
November 4th, 2006, 09:24 PM
It just doesn't sound right. You guys are probably the smallest football playing school. It's just hard to believe you have the resources to make that statement. I'm not knocking you by any means, it just sounds weird.

CSU BUCS
November 4th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I reread my post. We aren’t the top in the conference by tops I meant we are now on par with the rest of the Conference. The operating budget has been dramatically increased over the last 4 years to put us there. The facilities aren’t online yet but that money comes from other sources and is being raised now. Your first post may have been true at one time, but no longer. I have the expenses and revenues for all Big South schools, I’ll find it and post it tomorrow.

Size doesn’t matter once a commitment is made, look at Wake Forrest

IaaScribe
November 4th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Liberty is putting a ridiculous amount of money into football, and the school has a multibillionaire donating at every turn. I really don't think CSU is at that level, at least not yet.

The good thing is this league is that everybody is spending to get better. Liberty, CCU and GWU have built or are building new fieldhouse facilities. VMI puts in a really nice practice field and upgrades its stadium. That's what CSU needs to do next. Put money into the facility.

CSU BUCS
November 4th, 2006, 10:48 PM
It's on the way. I saw the plans/blueprints for the new fieldhouse last week.

SuperJon
November 4th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Plans/blue prints change. A person donating the money is what gets it going.

CSU BUCS
November 4th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks captain obvious.
Do you want to write a check?

SuperJon
November 4th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I was just saying that people have plans/specs/blueprints for a LONG time before they actually get off the ground. Coastal's had blueprints for their fieldhouse for a while but haven't had the funding.

CSU BUCS
November 5th, 2006, 06:36 AM
I understand. They've had the plans for a couple years now but kicked off another fund raiser homecoming weekend to raise the final 2 million needed, that’s not a lot when it come to these thing, 2 million could come in the form of one check.

rokamortis
November 5th, 2006, 06:39 AM
I understand. They've had the plans for a couple years now but kicked off another fund raiser homecoming weekend to raise the final 2 million needed, that’s not a lot when it come to these thing, 2 million could come in the form of one check.

Do you know the proposed size and cost estimate for the fieldhouse? Any drawings online?

CSU BUCS
November 5th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Exact coast I don’t know. I have a brochure with artist drawings of the outside of the building with limited blueprints. It’s supposed to house football completely with locker rooms, upstairs coaches offices, meeting rooms, film rooms, etc I’ll try to scan the brochure and post it latter today.

Ol Blue
November 5th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Exact coast I don’t know. I have a brochure with artist drawings of the outside of the building with limited blueprints. It’s supposed to house football completely with locker rooms, upstairs coaches offices, meeting rooms, film rooms, etc I’ll try to scan the brochure and post it latter today.

I look forward to seeing that:)