View Full Version : Cal Poly @ Montana GameWeek Thread

Georgia Griz
October 30th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Massive games for both teams this weekend. I'm extremely excited about this game. But, I wouldn't say that I was overly confident. This Cal Poly team shamed us last year in the playoffs. If the Griz want to go deep in the playoffs, this will be a true test of their mettle. Good luck to both teams and GO GRIZ!!!

Let's hear about the hype surrounding this game, guys. Is Missoula buzzing yet? I know that it is Monday, but we could talk about this game all week, easily!!

Grizzaholic
October 30th, 2006, 01:45 PM
This game scares the hell out of me. If our offense seems to either be on the same page and dominates or is way off kilter and falters. I just don't know. Our defense has finally came together and is dominating the opposition.

If Poly keeps playing well....I don't know.. Just going to be a hell of a game.

Griz 27
Poly 24

putter
October 30th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Even though we are ranked #2, we are the underdogs!:nod: They beat us by 14 at home last year in the playoffs and they have Noble back healthy and Barden is still 6' 6". Our offense needs to be on the same page to win this one and our defense needs to be, well, just the way they are.

Griz - 17
Poly - 14

AZGrizFan
October 30th, 2006, 01:57 PM
This game scares the hell out of me. If our offense seems to either be on the same page and dominates or is way off kilter and falters. I just don't know. Our defense has finally came together and is dominating the opposition.

If Poly keeps playing well....I don't know.. Just going to be a hell of a game.

Griz 27
Poly 24

I don't see either team scoring that many points. I'd say something more like:

Griz 20
Poly 14

Or even

Griz 17
Poly 10

I think the Griz are a touchdown better, but Swogger better be more on target than he was against ISU Saturday. :eek:

Hansel
October 30th, 2006, 02:24 PM
is it snowing in Missoula... we are getting hammered in Bozeman....

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Good luck to the Griz, (Hate to say it) and the the Bison, (Don't mind saying it) against CP later on. Portland State and CP losing would help our slim playoff chance without an auto-bid.

AggiePride
I see a low scoring game with the edge going to Montana at home.

Hoping for CP to pull it off.

griz37
It snowed a little last night, but it is pretty cold, about 30. Missoula isn't buzzing, but more of a nervous anticipation. The thing that scares me about Cal Poly is that they will not be intimidated by Washington Griz. They have played here more than any Big Sky team in the last 4 years. It should be a great crowd, hopefully the Mustangs will bring a good number of fans.

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Another must win for C-P to lock up a playoff birth. This is the game of the week. UM could jump us if they win out...what a tough end of season gauntlet.

Poly Pigskin
October 30th, 2006, 02:37 PM
I think our coaching staff is going to have to open up the playbook a bit more, assuming the weather will allow it. We typically only throw the ball 15 times a game, and to me that is way too low when you have a guy like Barden, or even Jon Hall. It seems like most of the passing attempts are way downfield, when a simple 10-15 yard route would be a much higher percentage play.

I'm actually hoping the weather is nasty so that it turns into a hard-nosed running battle. Our secondary hasn't been stellar lately, so if both teams are keeping the ball on the ground that will help out our D.

That said, Montana scares the piss out of me, and I think we end up losing a close one. I'll say 20-17 Griz.

slostang
October 30th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Should be a great game which will be dominated by two good defenses. I say this game will turn on one or two big plays that will more than likely be a turnover. I'll be rolling in around 1:00 pm on Friday with 12 friends and can not wait. See you at Red's.

AndrewFU21
October 30th, 2006, 02:45 PM
A CPSLO win just about locks up a playoff bid, even if they were to lose to NDSU.

A Montana win would put the Griz in excellent contention for a seed, and they would likely get the #2 if both UM and App win out. It will be interesting to see Montana get a true test against a I-AA opponent.

dbackjon
October 30th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Should be a great game - have to support the Griz here.

bison95
October 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Go Poly, 24-21 (sorry grizz, it won't hurt your playoff chances, but a loss would hurt Cal Poly)

GtFllsGriz
October 30th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I also expect a low scoring game. Our high powered offense seems to play just high enough to win. It has been said that we play to the level of our competition so if that is true I expect the offense to shine. The defense will do their job so we won't have to score much.

RabidRabbit
October 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM
This will be an outstanding game. Defensed forced turn-overs/ special team play, especially punts handling, leading to short field situations will dictate the game.

Low scoring game, and the more pressure experienced team wins.

Poly 17, MT 16.

GrizFamily
October 30th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I can't wait for this game. I've been looking forward to it since that playoff game last year. Still trying to find tickets. If so my bride and I will drive over from Seattle. I say the game is dominated by the D and Griz win 7-6.

FlyYtown
October 30th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Montana: 31
Cal-Poly: 17

The GRIZ are way too tough in this game, I see them winning BIG!

AZGrizFan
October 30th, 2006, 04:47 PM

Flytown, I'm buying the beer if Montana puts 31 on Cal Poly. Is that WITH or WITHOUT 2 blocked FG's?????

:D :D :p :p :p

griz37
October 30th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I can't wait for this game. I've been looking forward to it since that playoff game last year. Still trying to find tickets. If so my bride and I will drive over from Seattle. I say the game is dominated by the D and Griz win 7-6.

Check your PMs.

VictorG
October 30th, 2006, 05:19 PM
This game has my wife in a TIZZY!!! She is THE LEADER in the Fantasy football prediction over at eGriz. She's going to have to work a bit harder to pick this one!

On a side note, I'd like to see the faces of the "know-it-alls" over at eGriz if they knew a 52 year old Nurse and Mother of 2 was kicking their collective butts at predicting BSC games!xlolx xlolx

GrizFamily
October 30th, 2006, 05:25 PM
This game has my wife in a TIZZY!!! She is THE LEADER in the Fantasy football prediction over at eGriz. She's going to have to work a bit harder to pick this one!

On a side note, I'd like to see the faces of the "know-it-alls" over at eGriz if they knew a 52 year old Nurse and Mother of 2 was kicking their collective butts at predicting BSC games!xlolx xlolx

I too have noticed an increase in the "know-it-all" attitude at egriz since MTGriz board went down. Liked it much better the way it was before when they just bitched on that site about us sugar coaters on egriz. Funny how being a fan and finding the positives for the team we support has been turned into a negative by some Griz fans. That is cool that she is kickin' butt.

GrizRchattybound
October 30th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Flytown, I'm buying the beer if Montana puts 31 on Cal Poly. Is that WITH or WITHOUT 2 blocked FG's?????

:D :D :p :p :p

I may stay in town that night...how do I collect? :rotateh:

I think both teams have great D's.....Poly has the tradition, and the system...we have the better talent and depth (this year) at most positions on D.

The "O" is no where near deserving the level of Poo pooing they are getting from some of the spoiled rotten children on eGriz. I remember a couple years ago after some struggles (a blowout at the hands of SHS) a loss to PSU.....2 blocked kicks to hang onto wins.

There were a lot of people screaming for blood then too....and we made a run all the way to Chatty. This team is not that far away from really lighting somebody up and making a statement on offense.

could it be this week? Last week everyone predicted shootout...and it was a defensive battle. This week everyone thinks defensive battle....maybe we get a shootout?

The griz play to the level of the task...I see 31++ total points against Poly...not sure how we get it...but I'll drink some free beer when they do

:cool:

AZGrizFan
October 30th, 2006, 06:45 PM

I think both teams have great D's.....Poly has the tradition, and the system...we have the better talent and depth (this year) at most positions on D.

The "O" is no where near deserving the level of Poo pooing they are getting from some of the spoiled rotten children on eGriz. I remember a couple years ago after some struggles (a blowout at the hands of SHS) a loss to PSU.....2 blocked kicks to hang onto wins.

There were a lot of people screaming for blood then too....and we made a run all the way to Chatty. This team is not that far away from really lighting somebody up and making a statement on offense.

could it be this week? Last week everyone predicted shootout...and it was a defensive battle. This week everyone thinks defensive battle....maybe we get a shootout?

The griz play to the level of the task...I see 31++ total points against Poly...not sure how we get it...but I'll drink some free beer when they do

I just hope that team that amounts to a "good junior college team" (with a nod to Poly51) doesn't pull a repeat rabbit out of their hat in Wa-Griz. And Chatty, you'll have to come to Phoenix (or I'll let you know when I'm in town again) if we DO manage to score 31. And I'll GLADLY buy then, because I'm pretty confident that 31 would ensure victory! xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

MR. CHICKEN
October 30th, 2006, 08:34 PM

AH'M WHIFF DUH 'GUIN...BIRDS O' UH FEATHERAH!...........DOODLE-DOO!

JackJD
October 30th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I just hope that team that amounts to a "good junior college team" (with a nod to Poly51) doesn't pull a repeat rabbit out of their hat in Wa-Griz. And Chatty, you'll have to come to Phoenix (or I'll let you know when I'm in town again) if we DO manage to score 31. And I'll GLADLY buy then, because I'm pretty confident that 31 would ensure victory!

No rabbits in anyone's hat any more.

I predict the Griz for an unknown reason, just do not show up and Poly brings its best game: Poly 31, Griz 10

Grizo406
October 30th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Temperature wise, its presently 22 degrees in Lolo, Montana, and all my neighbors that have Brass Monkeys have brought them inside. Mine are still out, putting on sun screen, and wearing Carhartt shorts.

That being said, this game with Cal Poly scare me about as much as the game with Montana State, which is a lot!

We very well could lose one of those two games, but we won't lose both of 'em. Either way, they'll both be very close, and the Grizo is excited!

grizband
October 30th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Currently 18 down here in Missoula. The high for Saturday is 50 with a 30% chance of rain. That should put kickoff (12:05) temps right around freezing.:hurray:

That said, I like Montana's chances in this one. We are playing at home, it should be cold, and the Griz "D" has been playing lights out recently. That is not to take anything away from Poly, which is coming off a big win over I-A SDSU. If the Griz win this one, it will say a great deal about where we stand as a team with only two games left in the season.

Griz 24
Cal Poly 21

Mr. C
October 30th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Another must win for C-P to lock up a playoff birth. This is the game of the week. UM could jump us if they win out...what a tough end of season gauntlet.
I guess you didn't see how many first-place votes that Appalachian State captured after the win over Furman? ASU is close to a unanimous No. 1. The only way Montana passes ASU is if the Mountaineers lose, period. The polls don't have a lot of meaning in the NCAA committee anyway. They have their own rankings, which are done regionally until they meet in three weeks in Indianapolis.

slostang
October 30th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Currently 18 down here in Missoula. The high for Saturday is 50 with a 30% chance of rain. That should put kickoff (12:05) temps right around freezing:hurray:
That is good for Cal Poly. Last year we lost when it was in the 60's and won in the playoffs when it was snowing during the opening kickoff. Now as a fan who will be in the stands, I would rather see the temps in the 60's without the chance of the rain.

poly51
October 30th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I just hope that team that amounts to a "good junior college team" (with a nod to Poly51) doesn't pull a repeat rabbit out of their hat in Wa-Griz. And Chatty, you'll have to come to Phoenix (or I'll let you know when I'm in town again) if we DO manage to score 31. And I'll GLADLY buy then, because I'm pretty confident that 31 would ensure victory! xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx
I'm quite sure we have had enough of pesky wabbits for this year. Maybe we can pull some offense out of the hat. Though I will be anxious to get even with those wabbits next year.

GOKATS
October 30th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Temperature wise, its presently 22 degrees in Lolo, Montana, and all my neighbors that have Brass Monkeys have brought them inside. Mine are still out, putting on sun screen, and wearing Carhartt shorts.

That being said, this game with Cal Poly scare me about as much as the game with Montana State, which is a lot!

We very well could lose one of those two games, but we won't lose both of 'em. Either way, they'll both be very close, and the Grizo is excited!

In all honesty I haven't seen Cal Poly this year, so the game at wa/griz I can't predict. I have seen every griz game (taped or delayed) and think that the griz are overdue for a loss. I predict a griz loss this weekend against Poly, a win at NC next weekend, and the ultimate battle won by the Bobcats at wa/griz. Isn't this fun *****??

Mr. C
October 30th, 2006, 09:55 PM

More talent than Cal Poly's defense? Well, considering that Cal Poly has as many All-Americans on its defensive unit than any other team in the country ... there is Chris White at DT, Kyle Shotwell at LB, Courtney Brown at cornerback. You get the picture. Montana is good on defense, but saying the Griz has more talent on that side of the ball is a big stretch.

grizband
October 30th, 2006, 09:55 PM
That is good for Cal Poly. Last year we lost when it was in the 60's and won in the playoffs when it was snowing during the opening kickoff. Now as a fan who will be in the stands, I would rather see the temps in the 60's without the chance of the rain.
Good point SloStong. Nonetheless, I predicte this would be a matchup of top -10 teams coming into the season, and I hope the game doesn't disappoint (with the Griz coming out on top). Will you be making the trip up to Missoula for the game?

slostang
October 30th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Good point SloStong. Nonetheless, I predicte this would be a matchup of top -10 teams coming into the season, and I hope the game doesn't disappoint (with the Griz coming out on top). Will you be making the trip up to Missoula for the game?
Would not miss it. I know there is other I-AA teams with great game day atmosphere, but they would be hard pressed to beat Montana. The town of Missoula also rocks. I'll be in early Friday afternoon. I'll see you at Red's or the Pressbox.

griz37
October 30th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Would not miss it. I know there is other I-AA teams with great game day atmosphere, but they would be hard pressed to beat Montana. The town of Missoula also rocks. I'll be in early Friday afternoon. I'll see you at Red's or the Pressbox.

I took a lot of crap today for wearing my Cal Poly sweatshirt. People don't understand when I tell them Cal Poly is 2nd favorite I-AA team. This is really turning into a very nice rivalry.

grizband
October 30th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Be sure to check out the Re/Max tailgate before the game. Great beer and Fuddrucker's burgers...its a great combination before the game.:nod:

FargoBison
October 30th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Cal Poly-17
Montana-14

Should be one heck of a defensive batte

Proud Griz Man
October 30th, 2006, 10:22 PM
In all honesty I haven't seen Cal Poly this year, so the game at wa/griz I can't predict. I have seen every griz game (taped or delayed) and think that the griz are overdue for a loss. I predict a griz loss this weekend against Poly, a win at NC next weekend, and the ultimate battle won by the Bobcats at wa/griz. Isn't this fun *****??

Griz envy noted. :nod:

GOKATS
October 30th, 2006, 10:31 PM

I haven't seen Cal/Poly this year, but I've seen every griz game, tape or delayed. The griz are long overdue for a loss and I suspect it will come this weekend at wa/griz. The following week at NC I figure the griz to win, which brings it back to wa/griz for the 'Cat/griz game for the BSC title and auto-bid.

'Cats win!!

Polywog
October 30th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Poly seems to be playing up to the competition this year. Our team got complacent and vastly underestimated South Dakota State, and I think it was a lesson well learned. I'll take the Mustangs by a 4th quarter field goal to win.

Not only do I want Poly to win to help out the playoff chances, but I think another Mustang win will really solidify the Mustang-Griz rivalry. I'm in the same boat as griz37...Montana is my 2nd favorite I-AA team and I'd love to see the rivalry grow.

mtgrizfan4life
October 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM
This is the most difficult game this year to pick. Both teams have great defenses. The Griz have a very talented offense too, but have been inconsistent this year. What Griz offense will show up? Griz Defense has proven it can shut down any running game thus far. Even Iowa struggled to run the ball against us. I would prefer Cal Poly run, even though we have shut down 2 great passing offenses too (NAU and ISU).

The biggest factor will revenge at home. I think the GRIZ will move the ball, but settle for a few too many FG's, that will keep Poly in the game. Barden Scares me!!!!! Griz 23, Poly 20.

Please Griz do not let Barden go wild. That kid really impressed me last year. He is a 1AA freak.

Poly Pigskin
October 30th, 2006, 11:24 PM
This is really turning into a very nice rivalry.

I agree, I just wish you guys would pay us a visit down here sometime. Montana hasn't been to SLO since 2001, and only 3 of the 11 meetings all time have been here. I know Wa/Griz has a great atmosphere, but I guarantee you Mustang Stadium would be hopping if this matchup was down here. Just ask the UCD fans that made the trip down. :nod:

Here's to another great game :beerchug:

Is it Saturday yet?

October 30th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I agree, I just wish you guys would pay us a visit down here sometime. Montana hasn't been to SLO since 2001, and only 3 of the 11 meetings all time have been here. I know Wa/Griz has a great atmosphere, but I guarantee you Mustang Stadium would be hopping if this matchup was down here. Just ask the UCD fans that made the trip down. :nod:

Here's to another great game :beerchug:

Is it Saturday yet?I am positive the Griz fans would LOVE San Luis Obispo!

Grizo406
October 30th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I am positive the Griz fans would LOVE San Luis Obispo!

"Maybe someday there'll be nothing to tell.
Im just as happy as you, Ralph, I just cant say it so well.
Never slumbered or slept or waited for lightning to strike.
Theres no excuse for you to say that we dont think alike.
You said you were going to Iowa, stay a couple of days.
I always liked Iowa, I was there for a party once.
Maybe someday you'll see that its true
There was no greater love than what you what you, or I had for the Griz."
-BDylan
-Grizo
xlolx :thumbsup:

Georgia Griz
October 31st, 2006, 12:51 PM
Any chance that Cal Poly would take a seat at the Big Sky Conference table if it was offered? Just wondering. All the matchups between these two teams are a little suspicious. :eyebrow:

BillLuc1982
October 31st, 2006, 12:51 PM
Go Grizzlies!

Polywog
October 31st, 2006, 01:19 PM
Any chance that Cal Poly would take a seat at the Big Sky Conference table if it was offered? Just wondering. All the matchups between these two teams are a little suspicious. :eyebrow:

I think Poly would jump at a Big Sky invitation in a hot second, if it was for football only. No question. The thing is, the Big Sky has always said that it is not interested in football-only members. The distances involved would make travel prohibitively expensive as an all sports member, plus I think the Big West is a good fit for Poly in all sports except football. So unless the BSC changes its opinion on football-only members, I think things are going to stay as they are for the forseeable future..

AZGrizFan
October 31st, 2006, 01:22 PM
I think Poly would jump at a Big Sky invitation in a hot second, if it was for football only. No question. The thing is, the Big Sky has always said that it is not interested in football-only members. The distances involved would make travel prohibitively expensive as an all sports member, plus I think the Big West is a good fit for Poly in all sports except football. So unless the BSC changes its opinion on football-only members, I think things are going to stay as they are for the forseeable future..

: smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Very short sighted, IMHO. :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

Proud Griz Man
October 31st, 2006, 02:18 PM
I am positive the Griz fans would LOVE San Luis Obispo!

Great town. Mother's Tavern for refreshments, McClintocks for a steak. I watched the Griz play there in 1999 and in 2001. :beerchug:

Is the stadium expanded enough to hold the Cal Poly fans plus 3,000 Griz fans? It is interesting to look at attendance at Big Sky Conference schools (the week prior and week after) compared to when they host the Griz.

Great matchup with my two favorite I-AA programs, but I will be hoping for a sound Griz victory.

slostang
October 31st, 2006, 08:40 PM
Would fans of Big Sky football teams be up for adding "football only" teams like Cal Poly or UC Davis to the Big Sky?

Walkon79
October 31st, 2006, 09:12 PM
I can solve your travel problems for winter sports. Let's just expand the Big Sky to 12 teams, east and west divisions.

West

Cal Poly
Sac State
Portland State
NAU
ISU
WSU

East

EWU
Montana
Montana State
NDSU
SDSU
UNC

(Or re-shuffle as you see fit)

We can still play some annual rivalry games to keep a 7 game conference football schedule. Then add a conference championship game at the end. In basketball you play in the division twice, and inter-division one each, (Cuts down on travel) . BSC conference basketball championships would include the top 4 from each division.

With this kind of set-up, why would Cal Poly need to come in as football only? What do you think, Big Sky and GWC fans?

poly51
October 31st, 2006, 09:21 PM
The Big West is too good a fit for all other sports for Cal Poly. It saves a lot on travel. . The closest school is 95 miles. The furthest is 270 miles. The entire conference is within about 500 miles north to south.

Walkon79
October 31st, 2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry, didn't remember that your football and BBall conferences aren't the same. In any event, this is my dream Big Sky.

slostang
October 31st, 2006, 09:24 PM
I can solve your travel problems for winter sports. Let's just expand the Big Sky to 12 teams, east and west divisions.

West

Cal Poly
Sac State
Portland State
NAU
ISU
WSU

East

EWU
Montana
Montana State
NDSU
SDSU
UNC

We can still play some annual rivalry games to keep a 7 game conference football schedule. Then add a conference championship game at the end. In basketball you play in the division twice, and inter-division one each, (Cuts down on travel) . BSC conference basketball championships would include the top 4 from each division.

With this kind of set-up, why would Cal Poly need to come in as football only? What do you think, Big Sky and GWC fans?
The problem with this for Cal Poly and UC Davis is that conference games for all sports with the exception of football, are bus trips. Also two of bigger sports for boths schools are baseball and softball and the Big Sky does not offer these sports.

The problem for NDSU and SDSU are they just joined the Mid-Con for all other sports and it looks like they may get an invite to the Gateway if Western Kentucky goes I-A.

So we are back to "football only" memberships. What do you think?

Polywog
October 31st, 2006, 11:06 PM

West

Cal Poly
Sac State
Portland State
NAU
ISU
WSU

East

EWU
Montana
Montana State
NDSU
SDSU
UNC

We'd need to find a spot for Davis, but otherwise I think it looks great (for football only).

Keeper
November 1st, 2006, 04:29 AM
Which team has more to gain here? The Griz don't need this win as bad as CP does, might be a factor.
Also IMO Montana still underperforming.
Will the Aztec win carry them onward, or will there be a letdown.
I see this as Griz opportunity to avenge playoff game without any
pressure, and who was the last team to beat them at home in
consecutive years? UM 14, CP 10.

Ronbo
November 1st, 2006, 05:17 AM
Which team has more to gain here? The Griz don't need this win as bad as CP does, might be a factor.
Also IMO Montana still underperforming.
Will the Aztec win carry them onward, or will there be a letdown.
I see this as Griz opportunity to avenge playoff game without any
pressure, and who was the last team to beat them at home in
consecutive years? UM 14, CP 10.

I think you have a point. The Griz can play loose, the pressure is really on Cal Poly. On the KPAX news last night the players were saying they have been pointing to this game all year.

grizbeer
November 2nd, 2006, 09:27 AM
Sounds like this might be the last game in the series for a while (unless they meet in the playoffs). Can't say I blame Cal Poly, but fortunately Montana's budget problems should be over and the Griz should be able to play some home and homes again.

Most of those games were played in Missoula, and twice in the past few years UM paid Cal Poly to have the game cancelled, or switched to Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

"They won't play us here, and they bought us out twice," said Ellerson, who said the rivalry might not last much longer.

"I'm not aware that we'll be playing them — not home or away — any time in the near future."

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061102/SPORTS/611020326

SeattleGriz
November 2nd, 2006, 12:28 PM
Getting read to drive the 500 miles from my home near Seattle to Missoula so I can see this game.

Griz 31
Cal Poly 21

Torero Tradition
November 2nd, 2006, 12:35 PM
San Diego fans say, Montana win... Montana please win... (it helps our playoff cause :)

UM 38 Cal Poly 17

CopperCat
November 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
In that case, I root for Poly (even though I despise them) cuz I don't want to see USD anywhere near the playoffs.

Poly 23
Frizzlies 20

Walkon79
November 2nd, 2006, 03:05 PM
I know this is slightly off-topic. But a bunch of us are going to Pittsburgh for a game this weekend. I have the coordinates to watch the Griz / Cal Poly game on satellite. Anyone out there know of a friendly sports bar in the downtown area where we might be able to talk the bartender into finding the game for us?

UMTbuds
November 2nd, 2006, 07:05 PM
I usually work gamedays from 6am to 10 so I can get off in time to hit the tailgates, then the game. For this one, I took the whole day off to be well prepared to party. It is going to be one helluva show this weekend in Missoula. I, of course, hope this is where the Griz put it all together on both sides of the ball and come out with a decisive win. But I know Barden will be playing, any offense with that phenomenon is going to keep it close. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Grizalltheway
November 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
No rabbits in anyone's hat any more.

I predict the Griz for an unknown reason, just do not show up and Poly brings its best game: Poly 31, Griz 10

Not show up? Appearently you didn't see how they got embarrassed in their home last year.