PDA

View Full Version : Thundering Herd RB Possibly transferring to Liberty

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2014, 08:06 AM
http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/flames-close-to-adding-rb-transfer/

Marshall running back kevin Grooms, who was Freshman of the Year in Conference USA in 2012, was dismissed by Doc Holliday in July after an arrest. Word is he may transfer to Liberty, who lost their top running back Des Rice to a knee injury at the tail end of spring practice. Link to story at the top of the post.

As is my custom on FBS transfers, on the football side, he is around 170 which is a tad small for a feature back in an era of 200+ bruisers or hybrids. Watched a highlight video of his freshman season (redshirt freshman I believe) and he certainly could be a gamebreaker in space. Not a guy we would want to hand off to forthose tough yards in the second half of games (like against Coastal Carolina last year), but certainly could give us a big play to bleed clock. This certainly is a situation I will keep my ear to the ground on

OL FU
August 14th, 2014, 08:14 AM
(Clearing my throat sound). That would be Blundering Turds.

Ok back to the thread

Libertine
August 14th, 2014, 12:52 PM
This certainly is a situation I will keep my ear to the ground on

Is that a Thundering Herd pun? If so,.....

...I'm impressed.

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Unintentional but yes...thanks

walliver
August 14th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Liberty looking at a player who doesn't meet Marshall's high moral and academic standards.

Old Jerry is rolling in his grave.

Libertine
August 15th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Aaaaaaaand there it is. How's that sanctimony taste, Wally?

Mmmm, sweet sweet sanctimony.

OL FU
August 15th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Aaaaaaaand there it is. How's that sanctimony taste, Wally?

Mmmm, sweet sweet sanctimony.

he has a pointxeyebrowx

citdog
August 15th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Liberty looking at a player who doesn't meet Marshall's high moral and academic standards.

Old Jerry is rolling in his grave.

jerry is burning in hellfire as we speak.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 10:16 AM
jerry is burning in hellfire as we speak.

Jerry is just like his god now. Non existent.

citdog
August 15th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Jerry is just like his god now. Non existent.

http://www.bikesexual.org/cm/pic/jpg/jesus_finger.jpg

Libertine
August 15th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Aw, you guys are so naughty. The boxed red 'x' is my favorite insult of all.

knucklehead
August 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I do hope that someday LU Bashers can find a way to get more creative. At this point this is a wait and see for me. I trust Coach Gill to handle this well, because that is his track record.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 05:01 PM
I do hope that someday LU Bashers can find a way to get more creative. At this point this is a wait and see for me. I trust Coach Gill to handle this well, because that is his track record.

I give very few ****s about Liberty. Certainly not enough to "bash" them.

Libertine
August 16th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I give very few ****s about Liberty. Certainly not enough to "bash" them.

And yet...

citdog
August 16th, 2014, 12:33 PM

Why anyone would attend a school founded by a charlatan and douche of the highest order like jerry falwell is beyond most reasonable peoples comprehension.