PDA

View Full Version : Early SoCon Betting Lines - Week 1 2014

SU DOG
August 9th, 2014, 06:08 PM
For Entertainment Purposes ONLY!

UTC @ Central Michigan - Chippewas by (ONLY) 5.5 points.
Wofford @ GA Tech - Jackets by 27.5 points.
Western Carolina @ South FL - Bulls by 23 points.
Samford @ TCU - Frogs by 28.5 points. Ouch.
Coastal @ The Citadel - Chanticleers by 8.5 points.
Gardner Webb @ Furman - Paladins by 14.5 points.
VMI @ Bucknell - Bison by 10.5 points.
Reinhardt @ Mercer - Bears by 6.5 points. What?? IMO, WAY too few points. If I were a betting man.....

MU22
August 9th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Mercer had to kick a FG in the last seconds to beat Reinhardt last season in the opener. Not a gimme game though the Bears should cover. Wouldn't say it is way too few points though.

PaladinFan
August 9th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Mercer had to kick a FG in the last seconds to beat Reinhardt last season in the opener. Not a gimme game though the Bears should cover. Wouldn't say it is way too few points though.

Mercer and Reinhardt are not necessarily heading in the same direction though. I'd expect a more comfortable win.

- - - Updated - - -

If Furman can beat GWU by 1 I'd be happy. More than two scores I'd be ecstatic.

MU22
August 9th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Mercer and Reinhardt are not necessarily heading in the same direction though. I'd expect a more comfortable win.

- - - Updated - - -

If Furman can beat GWU by 1 I'd be happy. More than two scores I'd be ecstatic.

Might be headed in different directions, but it is the first game of the season too. The Eagles were the Mid-South western division champs last season, and are picked to repeat. They're a top 25 NAIA level team, and the Bears can't afford to be looking ahead to that anticipated matchup against the Paladins.

PaladinFan
August 9th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Might be headed in different directions, but it is the first game of the season too. The Eagles were the Mid-South western division champs last season, and are picked to repeat. They're a top 25 NAIA level team, and the Bears can't afford to be looking ahead to that anticipated matchup against the Paladins.

Will be a good early season test. Good news for Mercer is they literally have nothing to lose. Having followed Lamb's coaching career, I would expect a very vanilla game against Reinhardt. Lamb has always been reluctant to put much on film the first week of the season against an OOC team.

Milktruck74
August 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
For Entertainment Purposes ONLY!

UTC @ Central Michigan - Chippewas by (ONLY) 5.5 points.

Something about the head and the heart..... my head says lay the points!!! I think my Mocs have a great 3 quarters, but depth of a BCS (even a lower level one) team will come into play in the 4th....and is worth more than 5.5 points... I'm seeing a 31-21 game, with the Chippies having the only score (a TD)
in the 4th.