PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/EWU Schedule Home/Home for 2016-2017

aces1180
August 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM
This is good!

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/8/8/FB_0808142213.aspx

NDSU is booked up for 2016 and just need one home game for 2015.

superman7515
August 8th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Yeah? Well... We have Lafayette... xnodx

Bisonator
August 8th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Excellent! Not thrilled with the return to the tampon but I guess it was the only way to get them to Fargo. Bring on the Eagles!

Professor Chaos
August 8th, 2014, 11:51 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9359jBrbJ1rzhv5ho1_400.gif

MplsBison
August 8th, 2014, 12:19 PM
This pretty much kills playing at UND in 2017, since NDSU must have six home games each regular season for revenue purposes.

Could still schedule the game in Fargo for 2015 and the return game to Grand Forks would be in 2018 or 2019.

Twentysix
August 8th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Great news. We should, optimally, be playing a different big sky team nearly every year.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2014, 12:38 PM
That's excellent. Really glad to see some big teams spreading out in the BSC, SLC, & MVFC and playing each other recently.

RabidRabbit
August 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Congrats to both teams in scheduling what should be one of the top FCS OOC match-ups for '16 & '17. Both EWU and NDSU have done well at scheduling tough OOC games, much like Ga Southern and App St. teams did in the past.

EWU vs SHSU is/will be match up of two top teams, and Montana vs NDSU will be good match ups. Glad to have some national caliber FCS games to watch early.

dudeitsaid
August 8th, 2014, 02:08 PM
DUDE, I freaking LOVE the games EWU is scheduling!!! I love seeing our school playing the top flight teams in the FCS. Can't wait to play NDSU again!

IBleedYellow
August 8th, 2014, 02:20 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLLLYYYYYYYYY!

I've been waiting for this H/H agreement to be announced since 2010. Glad to see the teams could do it.

I'm also glad that we are scheduling TOP COMPETITION instead of caving and scheduling teams like UND. There is a reason that EWU is a team that is the top of the Big Sky every year, and it's because they test themselves with OOC matchups!

Screamin_Eagle174
August 8th, 2014, 02:48 PM
F*uck yes! Thank you Chaves! Go Eags!

dudeitsaid
August 8th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I know it's selfish...but maybe one of these following year games against either UNI or NDSU will get the ESPN college kickoff designation. Those should be some stout games!

IBleedYellow
August 8th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I know it's selfish...but maybe one of these following year games against either UNI or NDSU will get the ESPN college kickoff designation. Those should be some stout games!

You guys have a H/H with UNI, too? Holy ****. That's awesome. I may still hold animosity due to 2010, but that's pretty respectable with what your AD is wanting to accomplish in the FCS.

Bisonator
August 8th, 2014, 03:07 PM

Agreed these are great games for FCS. I'm hoping the NDSU/UM game is one of them next year.

clenz
August 8th, 2014, 03:07 PM
You guys have a H/H with UNI, too? Holy ****. That's awesome. I may still hold animosity due to 2010, but that's pretty respectable with what your AD is wanting to accomplish in the FCS.
15 at UNI
16 at EWU

So...AGS Wedge from Cedar Falls next Sept.

SUPharmacist
August 8th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Awesome news, but reading the article, why are NDSU and Western Carolina playing a Thursday night game.

IBleedYellow
August 8th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Awesome news, but reading the article, why are NDSU and Western Carolina playing a Thursday night game.
It's labor day weekend.

SUPharmacist
August 8th, 2014, 03:34 PM
It's labor day weekend.

Gotcha, thanks.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 8th, 2014, 03:54 PM
EWU's H/H's from the last couple years and for the next couple years:

Cal Poly
SHSU
Montana State
UNI
NDSU

Bring it on!

BisonFan02
August 8th, 2014, 06:17 PM

A lot of time for that game to get bought out....

darell1976
August 8th, 2014, 06:28 PM
At least you (EWU) are hosting NDSU in 2017, because going from Cheney to eastern ND twice in one year may affect your team.

Red & Black
August 8th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Love this game and love the fact that our AD continues to schedule games against top-notch FCS teams.

dewey
August 8th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Love this game and love the fact that our AD continues to schedule games against top-notch FCS teams.

Agreed. I am also very happy with our athletic department for scheduling Montana, Montana State (even though they bought their way out) and Eastern Washington. Also the yearly regional FBS teams plus still maintaining a 6 home game schedule.

If I got this right Eastern Washington plays Northern Iowa and NDSU in 2016?

Dewey

344Johnson
August 8th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Agreed. I am also very happy with our athletic department for scheduling Montana, Montana State (even though they bought their way out) and Eastern Washington. Also the yearly regional FBS teams plus still maintaining a 6 home game schedule.

Dewey

Kudos to EWU for really putting themselves out there.

I think NDSU(and other FCS teams obviously) will have trouble maintaining the FBS games.... Wonder if we are moving toward home-home deals now with FCS teams. Whatever works I guess.

dudeitsaid
August 8th, 2014, 10:25 PM
A lot of time for that game to get bought out....

Won't happen. MSU had NDSU at the top of their game, while we will playing them as they continue their fall from grace...xcoolx

I am entirely kidding. NDSU is not one of those teams that historically ebbs and flows in their talent level and success much. Honestly, I am excited for these games because I know NDSU will always be a great team, and a tough test to measure ourselves against. Our AD is purposefully seeking out this type of scheduling for our school, so there is no way I see us paying our way out of this opportunity.

dewey
August 8th, 2014, 10:33 PM
NDSU has a pretty impressive OOC in 2016 with a game at the University of Iowa (Clenz's favorite team, right LOL) and then hosting Eastern Washington.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NDSUathletics/status/497782951711485952/photos

Dewey

Hammersmith
August 8th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Won't happen. MSU had NDSU at the top of their game, while we will playing them as they continue their fall from grace...xcoolx

I am entirely kidding. NDSU is not one of those teams that historically ebbs and flows in their talent level and success much. Honestly, I am excited for these games because I know NDSU will always be a great team, and a tough test to measure ourselves against. Our AD is purposefully seeking out this type of scheduling for our school, so there is no way I see us paying our way out of this opportunity.

He was talking about Western Carolina, not EWU. WCU has postponed the game once already, and there are a lot of people up here that think they'll buy it out entirely rather than come up here and play.

Last year sucked for scheduling. First WCU backed out and we had to find Delaware State. Then Montana State backed out at the last minute and we had to scramble for a DII.

MTfan4life
August 9th, 2014, 02:07 PM

Dewey

That's pretty crazy, especially considering that'll be the first season after Vernon Adams graduates.

centennial
August 9th, 2014, 05:07 PM
That's pretty crazy, especially considering that'll be the first season after Vernon Adams graduates.
With a new QB it is going to be tough. Adams is a special player for EWU.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2014, 05:42 PM

Especially if that means their 2016 schedule is: NDSU, UNI, a Pac 12 team and then the Big Sky regular season schedule.

dudeitsaid
August 9th, 2014, 06:42 PM

Thankfully, the recruiting at EWU has been solid, especially regarding the offense. I think the back up to VA could start on several other FCS teams, and should be very strong by the time VA leaves. And the others fighting to win a spot are solid recruits as well. Someone in that group will be a strong QB. And whoever it is, he will still have some very good weapons around him as well.

Truthfully, EWU has had a pretty strong pedigree of QB's for a while, with two of them winning the Walter Payton award within the last 10 years, and another two being within the top five in the voting.

Red & Black
August 9th, 2014, 09:37 PM

I won't disagree about Adams being a special player, but so was Jones, Kaufman, etc. etc. Someone else will step up.

Red & Black
August 9th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Thankfully, the recruiting at EWU has been solid, especially regarding the offense. I think the back up to VA could start on several other FCS teams, and should be very strong by the time VA leaves. And the others fighting to win a spot are solid recruits as well. Someone in that group will be a strong QB. And whoever it is, he will still have some very good weapons around him as well.

Truthfully, EWU has had a pretty strong pedigree of QB's for a while, with two of them winning the Walter Payton award within the last 10 years, and another two being within the top five in the voting.

My guess is Hennessey will be the man at that point. Redshirts this year, and then backs up Adams in 2015. Just a hunch.

dewey
August 9th, 2014, 11:14 PM

You guys have a solid tradition of very good quarterbacks.

Dewey

Red & Black
August 10th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Especially if that means their 2016 schedule is: NDSU, UNI, a Pac 12 team and then the Big Sky regular season schedule.

2016: @Washington State, @NDSU, vs. UNI. That's a tough schedule for sure but I'd still rather see us playing tough OOC FCS games instead of a one-off DII at home or something like that. To be the best you've got to beat the best and all that...

IBleedYellow
August 10th, 2014, 10:28 AM
2016: @Washington State, @NDSU, vs. UNI. That's a tough schedule for sure but I'd still rather see us playing tough OOC FCS games instead of a one-off DII at home or something like that. To be the best you've got to beat the best and all that...
Seems like EWU is more like minded with us than I thought.

Now, when it comes to defense and offense we totally are different.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 10th, 2014, 03:13 PM
My guess is Hennessey will be the man at that point. Redshirts this year, and then backs up Adams in 2015. Just a hunch.
This. Kupp will be a senior though. xcoolx

Bisonator
August 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Wonder who will be NDSU's QB in 2016. Could very well be Easton Stick.

BisonFan02
August 10th, 2014, 06:56 PM

I would say the chances are pretty good that it will be....I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. I actually think he puts more pressure in Carson next season after his redshirt year than the current stable of QBs.

Red & Black
August 10th, 2014, 07:11 PM
I would say the chances are pretty good that it will be....I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. I actually think he puts more pressure in Carson next season after his redshirt year than the current stable of QBs.

Part of what's fun about this game is that nobody knows what either team's going to look like by then. Obviously both should be very good, but I wonder what the "sustained success" factor is going to look like at that point. Will either team have additional national championships, etc. Meeting in the playoffs again in either 2014 and/or 2015 would make this matchup even bigger. Similar to our game with Sam Houston state last year and this year. Except, you know...bigger.

BisonFan02
August 10th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Part of what's fun about this game is that nobody knows what either team's going to look like by then. Obviously both should be very good, but I wonder what the "sustained success" factor is going to look like at that point. Will either team have additional national championships, etc. Meeting in the playoffs again in either 2014 and/or 2015 would make this matchup even bigger. Similar to our game with Sam Houston state last year and this year. Except, you know...bigger.

No doubt. I know the incoming freshman class for NDSU is over the top good, but time will tell if the talent develops.

THE HERD
August 11th, 2014, 09:25 AM
It just warms my heart seeing Bison and Eagles fans playing nice together on this threadxlolx In all seriousness though these should be great games for both fan bases to enjoy......but you Eag fans better buy up those tickets or we will take over the Big Tampon!

NDSUstudent
August 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
I will be taking the train from Fargo to Spokane for that game.

IBleedYellow
August 11th, 2014, 11:34 AM
It just warms my heart seeing Bison and Eagles fans playing nice together on this threadxlolx In all seriousness though these should be great games for both fan bases to enjoy......but you Eag fans better buy up those tickets or we will take over the Big Tampon!
It's only because we don't have to deal with Screaming Eagle trying to flaunt a National Title in our face.

darell1976
August 11th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I will be taking the train from Fargo to Spokane for that game.

Is it expensive to take a train out there?

IBleedYellow
August 11th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Is it expensive to take a train out there?

You'll just never get there...Or at least about 3 days late.

gumby013
August 11th, 2014, 01:55 PM
You'll just never get there...Or at least about 3 days late.

Bullet train?

darell1976
August 11th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Bullet train?

With that stop in Hillsboro with the massive stadium.xlolx

kalm
August 12th, 2014, 08:22 AM
It's only because we don't have to deal with Screaming Eagle trying to flaunt a National Title in our face.

Have they assigned an officiating crew yet?

Bisonator
August 12th, 2014, 09:12 AM

xflaggedx

He was down damnit!

BisonBacker
August 12th, 2014, 09:13 AM

Touche!!!

BisonFan02
August 12th, 2014, 11:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYJgUQZ3k4

tomq04
August 12th, 2014, 05:14 PM
lol out loud

BisonFan02
August 12th, 2014, 05:18 PM
lol out loud

Seriously...why does every single town/city feel the need to make garbage like this? xlolx

MplsBison
August 13th, 2014, 08:44 PM

Or perhaps the kid who just graduated from Roseville (twin cities) and walked on to the Gophers will transfer to NDSU. His high school coach was none other than Chris Simdorn.