PDA

View Full Version : Pretenders & Contenders- Heading into November.

GrizRchattybound
October 28th, 2006, 09:10 PM
ASU - what else needs to be said?

Montana- We have the "D"...and if the "O" ever goes...wow. We have the "D"!!!
============================
Best of the rest:James Madison, YSU, UNH UMASS, Cal-Poly, Ill State

Lucky for some teams they can't get in: NDSU/SDSU/PSU

GrizRchattybound
October 28th, 2006, 11:47 PM
xcoffeex

oh well

Skyhawk Nation 24
October 28th, 2006, 11:55 PM
UT Martin has to be a contender with their defense and ability to run the ball.

ISUMatt
October 29th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Even with the loss to YSU, Id say ILS is a CONTENDER

FlyYtown
October 29th, 2006, 08:57 AM
ILSU is a bigtime contender in my book, yes they got it handed to them by YSU; but YSU is Top 10 too.

Remember the name of this site: any given saturday...

GrizRchattybound
October 29th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I'm not handing it to any team...I just think it's tough for anyone to argue ASU as an outright contender. They are the champs....something was wrong that they were not afforded the respect of #1 all year. Regardless of their loss to an ACC team.

It will be a tough playoff run for any team, and there will be some good ones not making it in because they are short of wins or long one too many losses.

ALso- what do you think of this?

Expand to 24 teams.

8 seeded teams get a bye...then on we go from there..= that is the format we NEED to hell with one extra bodybag game a year.

Go Griz

blur2005
October 29th, 2006, 04:14 PM

Expand to 24 teams.

8 seeded teams get a bye...then on we go from there..= that is the format we NEED to hell with one extra bodybag game a year.
Go Griz
Yeah, we talk about this a lot. The playoffs will expand when the NEC and Great West teams all become eligible or get their scholarship increases.

pantherclaw
October 29th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I'm not handing it to any team...I just think it's tough for anyone to argue ASU as an outright contender. They are the champs....something was wrong that they were not afforded the respect of #1 all year. Regardless of their loss to an ACC team.

It will be a tough playoff run for any team, and there will be some good ones not making it in because they are short of wins or long one too many losses.

Expand to 24 teams.

Go Griz

IDK, that would mean the season would have to start a week earlier(not necasarily bad); or go a week later, possibly having the I-AA championship game in the middle of some school's christmas break(yes im an egostatistical christian) JMO

MplsBison
October 29th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Nothing wrong with a week earlier.

October 29th, 2006, 05:32 PM
except no students are on campus to see it... NCAA football is for students you know, not for esPn...

smallcollegefbfan
October 29th, 2006, 05:35 PM
My contenders are:

App State
Montana
NDSU (if they were eligible)
UMASS
Ill. State
YSU
UT-Martin
JMU

Pretenders
Hampton
Furman
UNH
Maine
San Diego

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 29th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Nothing wrong with a week earlier.

Other than more practice time in seering heat, housing team members longer during preseason practice before school starts, holding games before school starts (student attendance), having freshman players on campus even more weeks before classes starts, holding games while fans are still in summer vacation mode, holding games before the student work force (stadiums, SIDs, Athletic Depts, etc.) is back on campus, for teams without lights a pretty good possibility of a game played in the heat, etc. : smh :