PDA

View Full Version : New UNH uniforms

Mattymc727
August 5th, 2014, 02:48 PM
A new uniform was unveiled at media day today. We havent been able to find any more pictures as of yet:

https://twitter.com/UNHWildcats/status/496736513632505856/photo/1

Its not verified, be we assume the matte alternate helmets from last year may be used with the new uniforms

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17654&d=1365436579

Along with lights and the new stadium, big changes are happening in Durham.

PAllen
August 5th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Not a fan. The white arm patches just look dumb. What's wrong with the silver helmets?

Mattymc727
August 5th, 2014, 03:25 PM
The silver helmets will still be used too I believe.

Gordon Shumway
August 5th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Clearly fixing something that isn't broke.

Sammy94
August 5th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Can't wait to see ours. All I know is that we will have matte helmets, the rest is suppose to debut on ESPN on the 23rd. I'm hoping for a twitter leak before then.

Mattymc727
August 6th, 2014, 06:44 AM
I am not a fan of the new ones. Considering Nike made them, I think UNH could have done a lot better.

Oh well, as long as they win on the field, who cares what they are wearing.

2ram
August 6th, 2014, 09:03 AM
helmets still suck. i think the fail resides in the logo.

PAllen
August 6th, 2014, 11:12 AM
helmets still suck. i think the fail resides in the logo.

Agreed that the logo is the weakest point. I think the silver/blue with white stripe is a pretty slick color scheme, or at least it was before they started screwing with it. I never understood the matte color craze either, I wouldn't buy a car in matte paint (alright, an army surplus work truck yes, but you get the idea), so why would I want my team to sport a matte scheme on a uniform. To me it just looks like they ran out of paint when refurbishing the helmets and had to go with primer.

Of course, all of this commenting on UNH's unis is coming from a guy who wishes that Lehigh would go back to the 49ers style LU on the helmet.

Lehigh'98
August 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Hated those 49er logos

Go Green
August 6th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Personally, I liked the Yankees-like "NH" style on the UNH helmets.

:)

2ram
August 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Hated those 49er logos

awwww i liked the 49er logos. way better than the plain paint for sure.

Brad82
August 6th, 2014, 01:54 PM
UNH could wear hot pink and still be great.

TheRevSFA
August 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Can't wait to see ours. All I know is that we will have matte helmets, the rest is suppose to debut on ESPN on the 23rd. I'm hoping for a twitter leak before then.

No more jock strap pants?

PAllen
August 6th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Hated those 49er logos

To each his own, and it seems like for the last 15+ years, you've had your wish '98. I doubt we'll see the LU back anytime soon.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 6th, 2014, 05:55 PM

Personally, I've always despised the Yankees-like "NH" style on the helmet and ball caps because it was like the Yankees. Just not good for a school with navy blue as a primary color and located in Red Sox Nation! And absolutely terrible for someone living near the Nixon-Munson DMZ Line in CT. As a lifelong Red Sox fan, I would never wear that NH hat in CT and be mistaken for a Yankee fan. :D

NHwildEcat
August 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Personally, I've always despised the Yankees-like "NH" style on the helmet and ball caps because it was like the Yankees. Just not good for a school with navy blue as a primary color and located in Red Sox Nation! And absolutely terrible for someone living near the Nixon-Munson DMZ Line in CT. As a lifelong Red Sox fan, I would never wear that NH hat in CT and be mistaken for a Yankee fan. :D

I love that NH logo. I have a hat with that on, better IMO then the cheesy Wildcat images. I have been mistaken before for it being a Yankees hat. But then I reaffirm that UNH has been around longer than the NY Highlanders!

ngineer
August 7th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Agreed that the logo is the weakest point. I think the silver/blue with white stripe is a pretty slick color scheme, or at least it was before they started screwing with it. I never understood the matte color craze either, I wouldn't buy a car in matte paint (alright, an army surplus work truck yes, but you get the idea), so why would I want my team to sport a matte scheme on a uniform. To me it just looks like they ran out of paint when refurbishing the helmets and had to go with primer.

Of course, all of this commenting on UNH's unis is coming from a guy who wishes that Lehigh would go back to the 49ers style LU on the helmet.

I prefer the old interlocking block "LU" we had on our white helmets with the two brown stripes down the middle.

As for UNH (don't what to hijack this thread!), I prefer their silver helmets. I don't care for the new blue uni. White should patch seems odd. I always lean toward stripes on the pads or upper arms. Jazzes it up more.

dwtime
August 11th, 2014, 03:22 PM

+1

MplsBison
August 13th, 2014, 08:37 PM
The silver helmets will still be used too I believe.

There is no better helmet design in football than the triple stripe down the center. It's a classic look that will never fade and never be bested. UNH and NDSU are two FCS teams off the top of my head that employ it and both look excellent.

theUofNH09
August 15th, 2014, 10:57 AM
UNH essentially eliminates student tailgating...

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20140814zvvq6d

citdog
August 17th, 2014, 01:57 AM
UNH essentially eliminates student tailgating...

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20140814zvvq6d

Damn Puritans

clenz
August 17th, 2014, 01:10 PM
There is no better helmet design in football than the triple stripe down the center. It's a classic look that will never fade and never be bested. UNH and NDSU are two FCS teams off the top of my head that employ it and both look excellent.

What's funny about this statement is that if you'd survey (and it's all over the internet with dozens of them) the most recognizable/iconic helmets in college football a shocking few of them use the tripe stripe.