PDA

View Full Version : Texas St @ Northwestern St

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Texas State visits Northwestern St in a huge SLC game. Well, every game is huge considering the SLC is wide open. Texas State enters the game with a 2-1 conference record while Northwestern St comes into their homecoming game with a 1-2. NWST defeated Nicholls last week for their first SLC win on the year...

Game begins at 2 PM CST

Listening to the game online is easy. Check out the Bobcats broadcast at http://www.ktsw.net or the Demons broadcast at http://www.nsudemons.com/listenToTheGame.asp

Best of luck to both teams!

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Bobcats are reporting on BobcatFans.com problems with the KTSW feed. I'd stick to the NWST feed...

I was listening to the pre-game show and had to stop. Came in crystal clear. When I finish what I'm doing, will go into the game coverage...

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:17 PM
NWST stopped on the opening drive...

TxSt got good field position. George moves the Bobcats towards the end zone. Wasson drops a pass and the Cats end up missing a FG.

Still 0s...

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Bobcats punt to the NSU 8, still no score

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM
NWST is stopped on their second drive...

TxSt gets the ball back and has no luck once more, a punt...

TXST is winning the battle of field positioning thus far, but has not been able to capitalize...atleast, yet...

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Bobcats force 3rd punt for NSU

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Bobcats punt to the NSU 8, still no score

Demons offense has really struggled in SLC play...especially since their starting QB Meeks left the squad...

Only nine points last week against Nicholls? If TXST scores over 20, this game is out of reach unless Demons find answers to their offensive woes...

Even with Meeks, they had some red zone issues...

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 02:27 PM
NSU intercepts TXST, is on the TXST 35

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 02:28 PM
NSU 29 yard TD pass, 7-0 NSU

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:31 PM
NSU intercepts TXST, is on the TXST 35

And that's the only way IMO that the Demons are going to be able to top the 'Cats. They're going to have to force turnovers and the offense is going to have to take advantage of what is given to them...

Thanks for the updates HPCAT...

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 02:41 PM
TXST punts to the NSU 10.

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 02:46 PM
NSU fumbles on hard hit to QB.

TXST ball on NSU 26.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Bobcats recover a Demons fumble at the NW26...

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:48 PM
11th fumble lost of the year for the Demons...

Throw in nine interceptions...

20 turnovers, seven ball games...ouch!

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:50 PM
George avoids the blitz...throws a TD to Tyrone Scott...TEXAS STATE TOUCHDOWN

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 02:51 PM
George 21 yard TD pass to Scott.

TXST and NSU tied at 7.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:55 PM
NWST starts their drive with 1st & 10 at the NSU35...

Demons can't convert...

TXST begins on their own 16...

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 02:56 PM
George picked off...NWST gets the ball in the red zone...

How many turnovers is that this game HPCAT? Two by each squads thus far?

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 02:57 PM
NSU intercepts George on TXST 16.

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM
NSU 21 yard FG.

NSU leads TXST 10-7.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM
All 10 NWST points come off of George's two INTs...

TXST will start at TXST32...just over three minutes left in the 2nd quarter...

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 03:17 PM
TXST 46 yard FG.

TXST and NSU tied at 10.

less than a minute until half.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 03:17 PM
TXST moving the ball down the field as the clock ticks...

NWST has had their fair share of penalties during this drive...

3rd and 13...whistles on the field...3rd and 18 now after Cats offside...

George dumps the pass and the Cats get to the NWST29...

4th down...46 YD FG attempt...Ireland's kick is good.

10-10...

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Half time stats

TXST leads total yards 151 - 79.

George has 120 yards passing with 2 INT and 1 TD.

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 04:02 PM
NSU intercepts for the third time on their own 3.

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 04:05 PM
NSU punts and TXST takes over on the NSU 47.

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 04:07 PM
TXST punts and NSU has the ball on their 20.

HPCAT
October 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM
NSU punts for 66 yards and TXST starts on TXST 8.

End of 3rd QTR.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 28th, 2006, 04:14 PM
this game is...horrible. crowd doesn't sound into it (at one point, I hear the Texas State fans chanting "Defense" and that's all I've heard as far as the crowd), both teams are struggling offensively (NSU has less than 100 yards total offense), and alot of three-and-outs...

whoever SURVIVES this has to count their lucky stars...

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 28th, 2006, 04:55 PM
game over. 19-10 NSU.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Fell asleep and missed the second half of this one...

19-10, same score as the Texans win over the Cowboys on day one!

So, what's the deal 'Cats? How'd this happen?

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 28th, 2006, 05:25 PM

1) Turnovers
2) Turnovers
3) Turnovers
4) Couldn't catch passes.
5) OL and COACHES didn't adjust to NSU's blitzing defense (hence the safety at the end).
6) Coaching and play-calling (waaay too many 3 and outs)
7) We were playing in a place we haven't won in 11 years (no excuse, but maybe it had a little to do with it).
8) Inconsistent running game.
9) Freshman QB
10) Lack of scoring on offense (we left at least 10 points on the field).

need any more reasons? lol.

on the other hand, our defense played exceptionally well save the TD run at the end by NSU.

we're still "young and dumb"...but, we're not out of the race just yet. if shsu loses, that will definitely make things interesting, but i'm not bankin on it...

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 05:27 PM
we're still "young and dumb"...but, we're not out of the race just yet. if shsu loses, that will definitely make things interesting, but i'm not bankin on it...

A SHSU loss would definitely throw the SLC for a loop...

The 'Cats seem to have a lot of solid young players in their system which is a testament to Bailiff's recruiting ability. They still very well may be able to take advantage of a weak SLC pending on how things shape up the next week or few.

Young 'Cats are getting battle-tested now and will be a force to be reckoned with in the SLC next year and the year after for sure...

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
A SHSU loss would definitely throw the SLC for a loop...

The 'Cats seem to have a lot of solid young players in their system which is a testament to Bailiff's recruiting ability. They still very well may be able to take advantage of a weak SLC pending on how things shape up the next week or few.

Young 'Cats are getting battle-tested now and will be a force to be reckoned with in the SLC next year and the year after for sure...

agreed:nod:

Dallas Demon
October 30th, 2006, 12:07 AM
1) Turnovers
2) Turnovers
3) Turnovers
4) Couldn't catch passes.
5) OL and COACHES didn't adjust to NSU's blitzing defense (hence the safety at the end).
6) Coaching and play-calling (waaay too many 3 and outs)
7) We were playing in a place we haven't won in 11 years (no excuse, but maybe it had a little to do with it).
8) Inconsistent running game.
9) Freshman QB
10) Lack of scoring on offense (we left at least 10 points on the field).

need any more reasons? lol.

on the other hand, our defense played exceptionally well save the TD run at the end by NSU.

The difference was that your QB saw more pressure than he's ever seen before. Hence the turnovers, etc. He's a good QB. Brett Favre would have had problems yesterday.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 30th, 2006, 04:35 PM

This is from the "Pestimistic" Demon Fan....:smiley_wi

First off...

Texas State's QB missed open WRs (and by open I mean No Demon within 25 yrds of the WR)...This happened 3 times...had the QB had time to get the ball to those Wide Open WRs....they had 3 TD's easily simply because no one was there.

Lucky for us....1 was underthrown, one was dropped, and the other the Qb didn't see (mostly due to pressure).

I also noticed......

One....How many INT's can the Demons Drop??? I counted 5 at least (3 of them would have been Pick 6's)

Two...We're Lucky..That dropped TD on the first possession hurt Texas State for most of the game (momentumwise)...

Three...Crowd was way too quiet...I don't know if they're "ticked" about our Offense or what...but when U have 75 fans from the opposing team outcheering our entire homecoming crowd...you know they're upset at something.

Four...If Texas State used their heads...Edmonds shouldn't have scored that TD. It was obvious that they didn't want Edmonds to throw on that drive...We basically kept running spread option until they showed that they were gonna stop us. I think the one time he actually threw caught everyone (and I do mean Everyone) off-guard. Other then that..it was mainly QB option.

Defense played pretty well on both sides....but the game basically came down to 2 plays (Texas State's Drop and Edmond's TD drive)...

What yall think?

Freightliner
October 31st, 2006, 07:58 AM
This is from the "Pestimistic" Demon Fan....:smiley_wi

First off...

Texas State's QB missed open WRs (and by open I mean No Demon within 25 yrds of the WR)...This happened 3 times...had the QB had time to get the ball to those Wide Open WRs....they had 3 TD's easily simply because no one was there.

Lucky for us....1 was underthrown, one was dropped, and the other the Qb didn't see (mostly due to pressure).

Agreed....we pick up the pressure a little better...George would have picked the secondary apart.

Three...Crowd was way too quiet...I don't know if they're "ticked" about our Offense or what...but when U have 75 fans from the opposing team outcheering our entire homecoming crowd...you know they're upset at something.

Agreed...for 9,000 + crowd..it was quiet....even the student body was not as boisterous as normal.

Four...If Texas State used their heads...Edmonds shouldn't have scored that TD. It was obvious that they didn't want Edmonds to throw on that drive...We basically kept running spread option until they showed that they were gonna stop us. I think the one time he actually threw caught everyone (and I do mean Everyone) off-guard. Other then that..it was mainly QB option.

Edmonds didnt score the go-ahead TD...it was Skidmore.

The one throw that killed us was to Guice on the 3rd and long...I could see on the coaches faces from the sideline, said it all...:eek: :eek:

Defense played pretty well on both sides....but the game basically came down to 2 plays (Texas State's Drop and Edmond's TD drive)...

What yall think?

Agreed....a very hard fought, nasty game for both sides...Its like Coach Bailiff said in the postgame..."we make a few plays here a few plays there..its a totally different ball game"

Stoker's comments I think said it best - "We beat a pretty good young team today and I can see us having a lot of tussles with this team down the road."

Spooney-Cat
October 31st, 2006, 08:10 AM
What a crap game. From what I understand, we make the plays that were routine, and it is game over. Mistakes will not win you ballgames as we have seen in a few of our losses this year. We still had a chance to win that game too into the 4th Q. Hats off to NwSt.

George is still a little raw in the pocket, but the guy has a missile for an arm and I am predicting that he is the leading passer in the SLC the next two years, bar none. Especially with 80% of our offense being freshmen and sophmores..

McNeese75
October 31st, 2006, 10:56 AM
What a crap game. From what I understand, we make the plays that were routine, and it is game over. Mistakes will not win you ballgames as we have seen in a few of our losses this year. We still had a chance to win that game too into the 4th Q.

:rolleyes: Now that sounds familiar (expecially on October 14th) :smiley_wi

Spooney-Cat
October 31st, 2006, 11:35 AM
No disagreement there. Six turnovers usually won't get it done.

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 02:45 PM
Agreed....we pick up the pressure a little better...George would have picked the secondary apart.

Agreed...for 9,000 + crowd..it was quiet....even the student body was not as boisterous as normal.

Edmonds didnt score the go-ahead TD...it was Skidmore.

The one throw that killed us was to Guice on the 3rd and long...I could see on the coaches faces from the sideline, said it all...:eek: :eek:

Agreed....a very hard fought, nasty game for both sides...Its like Coach Bailiff said in the postgame..."we make a few plays here a few plays there..its a totally different ball game"

Stoker's comments I think said it best - "We beat a pretty good young team today and I can see us having a lot of tussles with this team down the road."

You was right...That was one of the couple of plays I missed because I went down to the concession stand right before it closed to get my pops a frito pie (ripoff)...

I figured we wouldn't score :bang: :bang: :bang: ....

I came back and I saw we had 17...I asked Pops and he said QB ran down there so I assumed the QB finished off the Drive...

Guess I was wrong....my bad Skid...