PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island 3 Maine 0 -FINAL

ISUMatt
October 28th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Maine in a tad bit of trouble now

Brad82
October 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Big upset over # 15 Maine!
Lets see if they build on it w/some more wins the rest of the year.

th0m
October 28th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Are you serious? Just a FG? How were the field conditions? :o

Appstate29
October 28th, 2006, 01:27 PM
hmmm looks like no one wants to go to the playoffs, San Diego just might get a bid if this stuff continues...

TexasTerror
They were 16th on my ballot...and on the AGS poll...

That's some mid-poll shakeup!

Rhode Island's first A10 win on the year. Maine falls out of a tie in the A-10 North. Would have to win out just to get the seven wins now...

At UMass. New Hampshire. Northeastern. Still remain...

ISUMatt
hmmm looks like no one wants to go to the playoffs, San Diego just might get a bid if this stuff continues...

SHHHHHH delete this, those guys will never let us hear the end of it!

Dane96
October 28th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Well, if the weather was anything like it is in Boston right now....it would be tropical storm like conditions. It is horrendous up here!

ISUMatt
October 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
UMass/NE are playing in the middle of a pond for crying out loud!!

FlyYtown
October 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM
That hurts YSU too... They pass to much, thats why they lost this.. You can't pass in the rain efficiently.

Ram Ball
October 28th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Just returned from this game. Torrential wind and rain throughout. Nice win by Rhody, but it's not like they deserved to win any more than Maine did. Neither team could move the ball. I think the passing yards were 23 for Maine and 19 for Rhody. ugly game. I'm still trying to dry off

Hansel
October 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
sounds like a hockey score

th0m
October 28th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Well....I think Maine actually has a pretty decent hockey team ;)

Hansel
October 28th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Well....I think Maine actually has a pretty decent hockey team ;)
I was rooting for them last week ;)

Sam Adams
October 28th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Nice win by URI. Classic A10 upset. Rhody has some talent and they are tough so its not a huge surprise. The Black Bears are in a tough spot now, but there is plenty of football left to play ....

rcny46
October 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM

Thanks to their weekend sweep of your friends in Grand Forks,they are ranked #1 in at least one of the latest polls.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM

I get it!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

The week before too?

ASU Kep
October 28th, 2006, 07:51 PM

Let 'em in. If there has ever been a year for it...

PapaBear
October 29th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Just returned from this game. Torrential wind and rain throughout. Nice win by Rhody, but it's not like they deserved to win any more than Maine did. Neither team could move the ball. I think the passing yards were 23 for Maine and 19 for Rhody. ugly game. I'm still trying to dry off

Disappointing outing for the Black Bears. You're right -- game conditions were truly ridiculous. But the Rams hit their field goal and Maine did not.

Maine had more than its share of chances to put this one away. Several nice drives stalled around URI's 20 or 30. We even KO'd the starting URI QB in the first half (hope he's OK?). But the Rams kept coming.

Stowers does more clever stuff off that Triple Option set than I've ever seen a coach do. His blocking schemes were giving the Maine DBs and LBs fits. Congrats, Rhodies. You scratched-and-clawed ur (get it?) way to a win and you deserved it.

Maine now has no margin for error. Gotta win out or kiss playoffs goodbye.

gobucknell06
October 29th, 2006, 07:33 AM
I think Maine just got itself eliminated. The next 2 weeks will be crucial for them. I'd say -- must win.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 29th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I'd love to see some footage from this game, must have been a sight to see.

Go...gate
October 29th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Congrats to the Rams!

bainsey
October 29th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Yes indeed, Maine has a good hockey team. Ranked #1 in the nation right now.

As for football, this loss really aggrevates me. :bang: As much as we laud the UMaine defense, a.k.a. The Black Hole, that's only one part of the game. While special teams have improved at UMaine, they still look pale after this weekend.

But that's not even the worst part. It's the ZERO points on the board. You can talk all day about a driving rain storm, but if you don't put points on the board, you won't win any titles. All season long, the offense has put many of its points on the board via "big plays" early, and relying on the defense to get the win. I don't care if you have the 1985 Chicago Bears defense, no defense can win a game if the offense puts up a goose egg.

Maine can still make the playoffs with wins over Northeastern, at UMass, and UNH. We could see 8-3 or 5-6 from this team very easily. I've said before that these last few games will truly show what this team is made of. Let's see if the Maine O can prove its worth.

mainejeff
October 30th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Fire Jack Cosgrove......there, I feel better now :)

MR. CHICKEN
October 30th, 2006, 11:57 AM
HOW DID GALLAGHER....KICK UH 47 YARDER.......IN UH DRIVIN' RAIN STORM?........WHIFF DUH WIND.....AH PRESUME..........:confused:....BARAWK!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 30th, 2006, 02:14 PM
HOW DID GALLAGHER....KICK UH 47 YARDER.......IN UH DRIVIN' RAIN STORM?........WHIFF DUH WIND.....AH PRESUME..........:confused:....BARAWK!

Yes, it was "whiff duh wind"..........that's easy for you to say! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

Still, it's impressive that the URI kicker hit the waterlogged piggy hard enough and high enough into the jet stream to make the kick!!