PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: New NDSU Stadium renderings

hebmskebm
July 26th, 2014, 08:36 PM
:D

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2014/7/21/5918907/if-you-build-it-they-will-come

NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Let me preface this by saying, lest my tone or intentions on this one be misinterpreted, that I do this only out of respect. I live in New York, but rest assured I carry the requisite fear of quiet people from cold, wide-open states. Ja Rule once 'sang' "I got a hundred guns, a hundred clips, I'm from New York."
Right, Ja, but you're wearing an open dress shirt and there’s like, a thousand people around. I could just duck into a deli and call for help. North Dakota's got one dude with a rifle he learned to shoot before he could walk and I have only endless frozen plain to run terrified across while he lights a cigarette and steadies his aim. I come in peace, my Bison friends, and I'm sorry I just now mispronounced Bison. This is print, but trust me, I did.
Why a new stadium? The Fargodome is great. It's an angry little box of ice bees playing lights-out football in a deafening rec room. In the view of conference commissioners, though, it's too small. (Heinz Field holds 65,000, and tell me where you'd rather be a visiting team, but still).
No, today we're building big. Big and mean and metal. Open to the freaky northern sky. Blue turf? That's a great gimmick if you’re in Idaho and it’s 1986. Playing on a frozen lake? That's a home field advantage. But it'll be cold, you say! Really? Your whole state’s just a pile of free heating gas. Light up the night. Come with me, into A Stadium Of Fire and Ice.

http://i.imgur.com/WF1HJIV.jpg
Wolves on the field? Wolves on the field. Own it, North Dakota. You're from a barren wasteland that's scary as hell, and if anything qualifies you to play at the top levels of college football, it's that. Besides, I'd much rather go there than Norman.

Twentysix
July 26th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Shut up and take my money.

Bisonator
July 26th, 2014, 08:40 PM
I like it!xnodx

hebmskebm
July 26th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I know this is a joke but "an angry little box of ice bees playing lights-out football in a deafening rec room" is an extremely accurate description of NDSU and the Fargodome.

Drblankstare
July 26th, 2014, 10:47 PM
It's quite frankly to beautiful for words

Bison pride
July 26th, 2014, 11:14 PM
I would like to donate $1000 let's get this to an architect

Bogus Megapardus
July 26th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Enough space for nearly a herd of bison to graze on the sidelines there, give or take a hectare or three. Call it, "Home on the Range?"

Also I have a thought on how you can keep those fire stacks lit.

http://i58.tinypic.com/3028jmq.png

darell1976
July 27th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Even as a UND fan I love it, that fire behind the endzone is really cool!!! As a resident of Fargo I would pony up some tax money and fund that.

marenlee
July 27th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I was a bit skeptical until he threw in the wolves. Now that's the deal breaker.

JSUBison
July 27th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I was a bit skeptical until he threw in the wolves. Now that's the deal breaker.

The wolves are the best part. Wolves are the unofficial mascot of NDSU, well at least on Bisonville they are. xlolx

citdog
July 27th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Grizza snuggles with wolves in his bed every evening.

Gil Dobie
July 28th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I have tears in my eyes, it's awesome!

Bison56
July 28th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Words cannot describe the beauty.