AT Tennessee Tech W 28-13
AT Furman W 23-10

Mattymc727
July 23rd, 2014, 08:32 AM
Why the loss at Tennessee?

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2014, 08:36 AM

and why no W on the open date? Surely they're good enough to get a win against Nobody.

chattownmocs
July 23rd, 2014, 08:39 AM

Tennessee beats FCS teams, low level FBS teams generally. They just don't beat anybody good.

Mattymc727
July 23rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
Tennessee beats FCS teams, low level FBS teams generally. They just don't beat anybody good.

Yeah but Chattanooga isnt just any FCS team, much better than any low level FBS team too. Id take another look at that match-up.

OL FU
July 23rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
I think Chattanooga is going to be a damn good football team this year. With that said, I don't believe for a moment that they will be 11-1. I do think 10-2 is possible, but 9-3 is much more likely. and Chattown, before you strike back. 10-2 or 9-3 are not put downs by any imaginary stretch.

PaladinFan
July 23rd, 2014, 10:05 AM
I think Chattanooga is going to be a damn good football team this year. With that said, I don't believe for a moment that they will be 11-1. I do think 10-2 is possible, but 9-3 is much more likely. and Chattown, before you strike back. 10-2 or 9-3 are not put downs by any imaginary stretch.

Let's put this in perspective. How many SoCon teams have ended the regular season with 1 loss? It hasn't been many. This would argue that this UTC team is going to be among the greatest teams in SoCon history.

UTC doesn't have any elite players. There is no Adrian Peterson, Ingle Martin, or Armanti Edwards. Those players help make great teams. They are essentially going out with the same team that face-planted last year. Good? Sure. All time great? Doubt it. 11-1 is a pipe dream.

walliver
July 23rd, 2014, 10:09 AM
Every non-UT game is reasonable winnable. There are also 5-6 games which could reasonably be lost.

The real question is: Can Huesman win the "big games"?

My guess is 9-3.

OL FU
July 23rd, 2014, 10:14 AM
Every non-UT game is reasonable winnable. There are also 5-6 games which could reasonably be lost.

My guess is 9-3.

The more I look at it, the more I am thinking 8-4:)

Bisonator
July 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Please combine this thread with the Officially Laughing thread. xlolx

PaladinFan
July 23rd, 2014, 10:45 AM

My guess is 9-3.

Most non-elite teams always manage to lose a game they didn't see coming. UTC should be a favorite, but I imagine they will have their hands full with Furman, Wofford, and Samford.

smallcollegefbfan
July 23rd, 2014, 10:48 AM

My guess is 9-3.

I'll say 9-3 as well. They lose to Tennessee, Furman, and a very close one to Jacksonville State. I think they beat you guys and Central Michigan in a close one but I may change that pick depending on how well your team looks in the first 6-7 games.

It would not shock me if they were 8-4 though. 7-5 is possible but I would be floored by that. I expect Huesman to finally win a couple big games because they finally have a lot of senior talent on this team.

walliver
July 23rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
Most non-elite teams always manage to lose a game they didn't see coming. UTC should be a favorite, but I imagine they will have their hands full with Furman, Wofford, and Samford.

Central Michigan and Jax State aren't pushovers either.

OL FU
July 23rd, 2014, 10:58 AM
I'll say 9-3 as well. They lose to Tennessee, Furman, and a very close one to Jacksonville State. I think they beat you guys in a close one but I may change that pick depending on how well your team looks in the first 6-7 games.

I will admit that I know nothing About Central Michigan, so I did what one should not do and that is look at Sagarin last year. Chatt and CM are right next to each other. I also know that they beat New Hampshire last year. Chatt may beat the snot out of them, but it seems like an 0-2 start isn't out of the question.

bjtheflamesfan
July 23rd, 2014, 11:01 AM
AT Central Michigan W 31-28
VS Jacksonville State W 28-24
AT Austin Peay W 42-7
Open
VS Samford W 31-17
VS VMI W 45-6
AT Tennessee L 41-20
AT The Citadel W 28-10
VS Mercer W 48-0
AT Western Carolina W 34-24
VS Wofford W 21-17
AT Furman W 23-10

here is how I see it:

@ Central Michigan L 0-1
The Chippewas are a very below average FBS team...that said, UTC hasn't shown that they can get over the top against FBS competition (of course it doesnt help when you play teams like Nebraska and Alabama). If they want a signature win in the non-conference, this may very well have to be it.

vs. Jacksonville State W 1-1

Huesman has shown well in the matchup against the Gamecocks and the two have not met since 2012 (a JSU victory). Huesman has a big game and carries UTC to a close win in the home lidlifter

@ Austin Peay 2-1

"Let's Go Peay" all over ourselves because we are the worst team in the FCS...Mocs in a walkover

vs. Samford L 2-2 (0-1)

Im sure Huesman and the boys have this one circled on their calendar after they blew a chance at their first outright SoCon title in about 30 years last year with a loss down in Birmingham. Im picking the Bulldogs in this one but I do think that if a few bounces go differently, the Mocs can get the win here

vs. VMI W 3-2 (1-1)

The Keydets have been the whipping boy in both the Big SOuth and the SoCon the last couple decades, I think UTC can be 2-0 here but I think theyll get to .500

@ Tennessee L 3-3

This is a major upgrade compared to Central Michigan. This one would be the biggest win in UTC history, but I think the Volunteers show the Mocs who is "Tennessee's team"

@ The Citadel W 4-3 (2-1)

This bunch of Bulldogs have been searching for relevance in the SoCon of late, and with a new coach there may be some growing pains. This one could go either way just like the Samford game

vs. Mercer W 5-3 (3-1)

The Bears make their first trip into Finley Stadium, and I think UTC gets the win, but I don't think its as one sided as chattown does, even with a second year program

@ Western Carolina W 6-3 (4-1)

The Catamounts are probably another year away from making that next step in the conference so I think this will go the way of UTC. but given another year, WCU will get over the hump.

vs. Wofford L 6-4 (4-2)

This is the time of year that has really been the kryptonite for the Mocs, and that certainly was the case last year. UTC was 8-2 and had two very winnable games plus a non-conference game in theirr final 3 outings, and all they had to do was win out to earn an outright SoCon title and CS playoff berth. One of those matchups was against the Terriers. I think WOfford exacts some payback for last year and forces UTC into a must win in the final week of the season

@ Tennessee Tech W 7-4

This is a final tuneup game before putting it all on the line against the Paladins in Greenville next week. I think UTC wins this one to set the stage for the SoCon championship the next weekend

@ Furman L 7-5 (4-3)

This one probably will be the conference championship game with an autobid on the line. Two very experienced running backs in Hank McCloud and Keon Williams, two experienced QBs in Reese Hannon and Jacob Huesman...this is going to be the heavyweight fight in the conference. Im picking Furman in this one because UTC hasn't shown me that they can win all the games that matter (lost to Georgia Southern in addition to the loss to Samford to end the conference schedule last year, they did finally get another win over App State though), but I think youll see both teams give no quarter in this one

Smitty
July 23rd, 2014, 11:20 AM
Wow at least some of the games were close.

CID1990
July 23rd, 2014, 02:38 PM
we're talking about the same Chattanooga team that needed the very last drive of the game to beat The Citadel last year?

that Chattanooga?

all of you are drinking Chattownmocs kool aid

Chatty will finish 3rd in the SoCon AT BEST behind Furple and either Sammy, Wofford or El Cid.

smallcollegefbfan
July 23rd, 2014, 02:49 PM
we're talking about the same Chattanooga team that needed the very last drive of the game to beat The Citadel last year?

that Chattanooga?

Chatty will finish 3rd in the SoCon AT BEST behind Furple and either Sammy, Wofford or El Cid.

No but for the first time they look like a title team on paper. For the record, I have picked Furman ahead of them. I just finished my top 25 today and I'm going to vote Furman at 10 or 11 and then Chattanooga at 13 or 14. I expect the SoCon to do much better in the national scene this year but I think Furman wins the league. I'm just saying that from top to bottom, and mainly because they have the best QB, that they should be in heavy contention.

They always struggle with certain offenses and yours is one of them.

bjtheflamesfan
July 23rd, 2014, 02:53 PM
I have UTC at 4-3 which very well could put them in third. They have to prove they can take that next step up and become the top team in the conference and I really do not buy into them this year

OL FU
July 23rd, 2014, 03:02 PM

that Chattanooga?

they will finish behind the Citadel. Just ask citdog

CID1990
July 23rd, 2014, 03:04 PM

a lot of teams are going to have a rude introduction to Coach Houston this season

chattanoogamocs
July 23rd, 2014, 06:13 PM
I think 8-4 is definitely possible on the negative side (UTK, CMU, and 2 out of FU, JSU, SAM, WOF) and 10-2 is possible of the very optimistic side.

But I am going with 9-3...which is slightly on the optimistic side of probable (barring any serious injuries to a star player like Baby Hues or Davis Tull)

It should be noted, I have picked the Mocs within 1 game each year Huesman has been the head coach (and gotten it exactly right 3 out of 5), so I have a pretty decent track record of being realistic.

Mocs wins...least likely to most likely:

Tennessee
Central Michigan
Furman (>JSU because Furman is on the road)
Jacksonville State
Samford
Wofford
The Citadel
Western Carolina
Tennessee Tech
Mercer
Austin Peay
VMI

chattownmocs
July 24th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Chattanooga has the best QB, RB, TE, OL, DL, and by season's end, secondary in the conference. Anything can happen but barring particularly huge injury issues they are the best team in the conference.

Depth and injuries are always an issue though. Just like Furman had last year early, Chattanooga and Samford had later.

QB-1 Deep- best in conference cannot afford injuries
RB- 3 deep, big drop off after 1. Need to keep 1 healthy.
WR-5 deep- weakest part of team but still SOCON average
TE- 2 deep, big drop off in receiving after 1. best in conference
OL- 6 or 7 deep. Cannot afford injuries. best in conference.

DL- easily best in nation. At least 10 deep with above average SOCON starters. 5 deep is proven to be elite.
LB- 5 or 6 deep. Talented but lacking experience
CB- 3 deep. Virgin is all american potential.
S- 3 deep. Kendall and Nettles very solid starters.

Houndawg
July 24th, 2014, 06:35 AM
5-7, 6-6...

Mattymc727
July 24th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Chattanooga has the best QB, RB, TE, OL, DL, and by season's end, secondary in the conference. Anything can happen but barring particularly huge injury issues they are the best team in the conference.

Depth and injuries are always an issue though. Just like Furman had last year early, Chattanooga and Samford had later.

QB-1 Deep- best in conference cannot afford injuries
RB- 3 deep, big drop off after 1. Need to keep 1 healthy.
WR-5 deep- weakest part of team but still SOCON average
TE- 2 deep, big drop off in receiving after 1. best in conference
OL- 6 or 7 deep. Cannot afford injuries. best in conference.

DL- easily best in nation. At least 10 deep with above average SOCON starters. 5 deep is proven to be elite.
LB- 5 or 6 deep. Talented but lacking experience
CB- 3 deep. Virgin is all american potential.
S- 3 deep. Kendall and Nettles very solid starters.

You sure its not the best QB, RB, TE, OL, and DL in the world?

walliver
July 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM
One big key for Chatty is keeping mini-Huesman healthy - at times he is a one-man offense.

BisonFan02
July 24th, 2014, 01:37 PM
7-5....miss postseason.

PaladinFan
July 24th, 2014, 01:54 PM
One big key for Chatty is keeping mini-Huesman healthy - at times he is a one-man offense.

Good point. Even chattown concedes they have only one player at that position. Without Terrell Robinson, I would expect Husemann to take a few more hits this year. Need to keep him vertical.

Bison56
July 24th, 2014, 02:40 PM
been waiting all off season for this xcoffeex

Silenoz
July 24th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Chattanooga has the best QB, RB, TE, OL, DL, and by season's end, secondary in the conference.
This sounds like the exact. Same. Thing. You. Post. Every. Season.

Maybe someday you'll learn your lesson. Or maybe someday Chatty will actually live up to to hot air you blow. Neither one seems likely.

IBleedYellow
July 24th, 2014, 04:51 PM
7-5 at worst. 10-2 at best.

citdog
July 24th, 2014, 09:27 PM

The 'Dogs are THRUSTING in 2014!

Redbirdz
July 24th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I think Chatty will be 0-2 out of the gate. Beat Jax State, I doubt it.

chattanoogamocs
July 25th, 2014, 01:50 AM
I think Chatty will be 0-2 out of the gate. Beat Jax State, I doubt it.

Because you're not biased at all. ;)

chattownmocs
July 25th, 2014, 06:23 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3338222

All 43 of the 2013 Mocs touchdown. They re going to improve that number significantly in 2014.

Bisonator
July 25th, 2014, 08:35 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3338222

All 43 of the 2013 Mocs touchdown. They re going to improve that number significantly in 2014.

Only 43? Seriously?? xlolx

CID1990
July 25th, 2014, 12:43 PM
sometimes i wonder why we even play the games at all

PaladinFan
July 25th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Video of UTC's most important field goal attempts of 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOyT8rDNpVs

bjtheflamesfan
July 25th, 2014, 01:01 PM
43 touchdowns and yet they needed a field goal in the last game of the conference season to make the playoffs and they missed it...

PaladinFan
July 25th, 2014, 01:39 PM
43 touchdowns and yet they needed a field goal in the last game of the conference season to make the playoffs and they missed it...

Football can be a cruel game.

Doesn't really matter how much you score as when you score.

bjtheflamesfan
July 25th, 2014, 01:44 PM
So true...something chattown missed gushing over that highlight video like it somehow countered all the haters

BisonBacker
July 25th, 2014, 03:09 PM
been waiting all off season for this xcoffeex
Chattown is the gift that keeps on giving all year long xlolx

ElonFirefighter
July 25th, 2014, 03:14 PM

Kind of like herpes

Redbirdz
July 25th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Because you're not biased at all. ;)

No, I just think JSU is the better team.

centennial
July 26th, 2014, 01:01 AM
AT Austin Peay W 42-7
Open
VS Samford W 31-17
VS VMI W 45-6
AT Tennessee L 41-20
AT The Citadel W 28-10
VS Mercer W 48-0
VS Wofford W 21-17
AT Furman W 23-10
I am counting Tennessee as a win. Going into the playoffs with a no.1 ranking and ranked top 15 in Massey and Sagarin.

TennBison
July 26th, 2014, 08:09 AM

Except when his team didn't make the playoffs, then you could not find him for at least a few months.

SU DOG
July 26th, 2014, 09:28 AM
JSU will be loaded!!! We have a lot of question marks, but I promise you that Samford also has a lot of talent. There is a possibility(I'm just sayin') that the Mocs could be 1-3 after those first 4.

ThompsonThe
July 27th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Coach should have had twins and more kids.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
July 30th, 2014, 01:43 PM
AT Central Michigan LOSS - Chippewas are too much for the Mocs here.
VS Jacksonville State WIN - I expect a competitive matchup here.
AT Austin Peay WIN - First beatdown of the season.
Open
VS Samford WIN - Mocs avenge last season's loss that kept them out of the playoffs.
VS VMI WIN - Second beatdown of the season.
AT Tennessee LOSS - OK, you're good but this is not 1958, you're not Georgia Southern and Tennessee is sure as heck not Florida.
AT The Citadel WIN - Mocs get back to their winning ways.
VS Mercer WIN - Third beatdown of the season.
AT Western Carolina WIN - Closer than most of you think.
VS Wofford WIN - See Western Carolina
AT Tennessee Tech WIN - This one not so much.
AT Furman LOSS - Mocs lose a close one on the road.

I have UTC at 9-3 and definitely a playoff team (9-3 would be their best record in a long time).

Cocky
July 30th, 2014, 07:48 PM
AT Central Michigan LOSS close game
VS Jacksonville State LOSS just don't see this as a close game. You will see a DL
AT Austin Peay WIN
Open
VS Samford LOSS Samford just has more talent
VS VMI - WIN its VMI
AT Tennessee LOSS - Should be closer than JSU game
AT The Citadel WIN - But maybe a tie
VS Mercer WIN - They just started playing
AT Western Carolina WIN - WCU band will be good
VS Wofford LOSS - just because your UTC and known how to lose
AT Tennessee Tech LOSS - gave you the CItadel game UTC will lose one of two
AT Furman LOSS- are you kidding it won't be close.

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2014, 06:05 AM
VS Jacksonville State LOSS just don't see this as a close game. You will see a DL
AT Austin Peay WIN
Open
VS VMI - WIN its VMI
AT Tennessee Tech LOSS - gave you the CItadel game UTC will lose of of two

Your state is trash, your school is trash, your town is trash, its people are trash, your team trash. You right though, it may very well not be close. The fact that you are talking about your Dline when it is clearly not even as good as our 2nd team Dline makes me laugh.

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2014, 06:16 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3342122

UCMoc
July 31st, 2014, 07:37 AM
AT Austin Peay WIN
Open
VS VMI - WIN its VMI
AT Tennessee Tech LOSS - gave you the CItadel game UTC will lose of of two

This is the problem with posting here now as a Mocs fan. I have no idea if this is just an attempt to troll Chattown, or if you have completely lost your mind.

chattownmocs
July 31st, 2014, 07:45 AM
This is the problem with posting here now as a Mocs fan. I have no idea if this is just an attempt to troll Chattown, or if you have completely lost your mind.

Whats the problem? Hes a Jacksonville State fan? Do wish you could hold hands and sing kumbaya

UCMoc
July 31st, 2014, 08:06 AM
Whats the problem? Hes a Jacksonville State fan? Do wish you could hold hands and sing kumbaya

Who are you pulling for when we play Knoxville?

OL FU
July 31st, 2014, 08:19 AM

GO MOCS!

bjtheflamesfan
July 31st, 2014, 08:37 AM
I offered you a friendly wager on another thread chattown...what say you?

Apphole
July 31st, 2014, 08:44 AM

UT hat, Mocs shirt.

Although he could be stuck at work wearing all his Subway gear.

walliver
July 31st, 2014, 09:21 AM

That's a problem with AGS. To many posters, UTC is Chattown. From time to time, I make myself stand back a little, take a few deep breaths, and chant "Chattanooga has some decent fans and a decent football team."

SU DOG
July 31st, 2014, 11:23 AM
LOL!! Nice job by Cocky.

citdog
July 31st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Your state is trash, your school is trash, your town is trash, its people are trash, your team trash. You right though, it may very well not be close. The fact that you are talking about your Dline when it is clearly not even as good as our 2nd team Dline makes me laugh.

Alabama has the Gulf and lot's to do. After you "See Rock City" what does Chatty have?

chattanoogamocs
July 31st, 2014, 01:17 PM

I think it is just one troll trolling another troll. ;)

But hey, trolling is part of the fun of this board...I guess (personally, I prefer reasoned debate about college football...but I know I am in the minority)

TheRevSFA
July 31st, 2014, 01:20 PM
I enjoyed every second of this thread so far. I hope it never dies

Cocky
July 31st, 2014, 03:58 PM

Not trolling, I may miss the Wofford and Tn Tech game. But on the other side I may miss the Citadel game.

citdog
July 31st, 2014, 04:15 PM
Not trolling, I may miss the Wofford and Tn Tech game. But on the other side I may miss the Citadel game.

We can only hope to be able to stay on the field with the great chatty moccasins. Personally I think they should be favored by at least 6td's.

SU_IT_able
July 31st, 2014, 08:26 PM
That's a problem with AGS. To many posters, UTC is Chattown. From time to time, I make myself stand back a little, take a few deep breaths, and chant "Chattanooga has some decent fans and a decent football team."

So true, the influence of the orange side is strong :pumpuke:
in this one.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2014, 06:08 AM
Alabama has the Gulf and lot's to do. After you "See Rock City" what does Chatty have?

Chattanooga is the Scenic City, Alabama is a POS.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2014, 06:10 AM
I offered you a friendly wager on another thread chattown...what say you?

I'm not wearing a flamer shirt, I'd also prefer that a flamer didn't where a Chattanooga shirt.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2014, 06:14 AM

I can't envision myself pulling for Tennessee to make the plays in the game. I also dont think it matters who I pull for. Its amazing how FCS fans claim to have so much pride in being what they are yet have so much hate for something completely different.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2014, 07:59 AM
Why not? im giving you a free opportunity to make a public declaration of the superiority of the all-powerful Mocs and shove a big middle finger in the face of everybody that watched UTC's season implode at the end of last year with the loss to Samford leading to a shared championship and your seemingly annual disappearing act. this should be a sure thing for you

OL FU
August 1st, 2014, 08:06 AM
I can't envision myself pulling for Tennessee to make the plays in the game. I also dont think it matters who I pull for. Its amazing how FCS fans claim to have so much pride in being what they are yet have so much hate for something completely different.

Not really that way for most of us. I hope Clemson and Carolina win every game they play (which of course isn't possible since they play each other ) except when they play an FCS school. I have a stronger allegiance to my sub-division than I do to any FBS school.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2014, 09:10 AM
If ODU plays Liberty, I root for Liberty.
If Texas Tech plays Liberty, I root for Liberty
If Virginia plays Liberty (as much as i want to root for Uva because my sister went there), I root for Liberty
If Alabama plays Liberty, I hope we don't lose by 50, but I still root for Liberty

dungeonjoe
August 1st, 2014, 09:38 AM
Not really that way for most of us. I hope Clemson and Carolina win every game they play (which of course isn't possible since they play each other ) except when they play an FCS school. I have a stronger allegiance to my sub-division than I do to any FBS school.
Of course, living in the shadow of Williams-Brice people don't understand why you don't drink the garnet Kool-Aid.

chattownmocs
August 1st, 2014, 09:43 AM
If ODU plays Liberty, I root for Liberty.
If Texas Tech plays Liberty, I root for Liberty
If Virginia plays Liberty (as much as i want to root for Uva because my sister went there), I root for Liberty
If Alabama plays Liberty, I hope we don't lose by 50, but I still root for Liberty

And in the end all would be a loss. You can be taken to the woodshed by these secular schools on saturday, then you can repent, be "born again", and get baptised on Sunday and the end result is the same.

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2014, 10:46 AM
That may be true, but much like you will be rooting for UTC on Rocky Top (whether they win or not remains to be seen although im picking the Fighting Fulmers in that one, the Mocs still havent shown the ability to win that kind of game), I root for Liberty and would root for the FCS in those matchups

chattanoogamocs
August 1st, 2014, 11:02 AM
I always pull for David over Goliath...always...football and basketball.

I can't stand GSU, but I was down right excited for them when they beat Florida...I watched the game and was openly rooting for them. Every time it was mentioned that they were in the Southern Conference, it makes my alma mater look better by also being a member. What is good for one school in a conference is good for all. Chattanooga has yet to win a national championship in football, but I take pride in how many SoCon teams have.

I only have one affiliation, it is with my alma mater. That's more than enough for me.

walliver
August 1st, 2014, 11:44 AM
Of course, living in the shadow of Williams-Brice people don't understand why you don't drink the garnet Kool-Aid.
You have to drink the Garnet Kool-aid just to voluntarily live in the shadow of Williams-Brice stadium.

No rational person would every voluntarily live in the hottest, stillest, most humid place on earth. I've heard that Satan himself escapes to Hell in the summertime to get away from the Columbia heat.

UCMoc
August 1st, 2014, 01:14 PM
I've heard that Satan himself escapes to Hell in the summertime to get away from the Columbia heat.

But then he always pulls his visor back down and coaches in the Fall.

dungeonjoe
August 1st, 2014, 03:43 PM
You have to drink the Garnet Kool-aid just to voluntarily live in the shadow of Williams-Brice stadium.

No rational person would every voluntarily live in the hottest, stillest, most humid place on earth. I've heard that Satan himself escapes to Hell in the summertime to get away from the Columbia heat.
Some of us are called to be Methodist missionaries in the dens of iniquity beyond FCS. And, yes, as I have said before the only difference between Columbia and hell is a screen door.

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Anytime you lose a 16 point lead it sucks. The positive is that offensively, Huesman is a known commodity and he will not turn into a turnover machine suddenly as a junior. He will bounce back in a major way next week against JSU. Defensively, Dline as advertised, best in the nation. Back 7, speed, speed. They were a major question mark. Question answered. Chattanooga is again the best defense in the socon.

Big picture, would have been nice, probably eliminated us a number 1 overall seed.

citdog
August 29th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Anytime you lose a 16 point lead it sucks. The positive is that offensively, Huesman is a known commodity and he will not turn into a turnover machine suddenly as a junior. He will bounce back in a major way next week against JSU. Defensively, Dline as advertised, best in the nation. Back 7, speed, speed. They were a major question mark. Question answered. Chattanooga is again the best defense in the socon.

Big picture, would have been nice, probably eliminated us a number 1 overall seed.

"Best in the nation defense" blew a big lead and lost the game. That's ALL that happened tonight.

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2014, 05:22 AM
"Best in the nation defense" blew a big lead and lost the game. That's ALL that happened tonight.

I said dline. But the D as a whole was outstanding. The personal fouls that led to 2tds drives after 3rd down stops were bonehead but the D gave the offense chance after chance. Huesman will bounce back.

Houndawg
August 29th, 2014, 06:24 AM

Major choke job.

5-7/6-6 this year.xcoffeex

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2014, 06:29 AM

stfu

Cocky
August 29th, 2014, 06:29 AM
JSU will bring a D line better than UTC.

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2014, 06:31 AM
JSU will bring a D line better than UTC.

Chattanooga's backups are better than Jacksonville State's starters. Stfu

344Johnson
August 29th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Chattanooga's backups are better than Jacksonville State's starters. Stfu

.....I think Jacksonville state was a playoff team. What was Chattanooga doing during playoff season?

CID1990
August 29th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Yesterday was the first of 4 games Chatty is going to lose.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 29th, 2014, 08:03 AM
CMU by 7, UTC finds a way to lose

Chokenooga doesn't disappoint. This is why I pick Furman to win the conference instead of UTC.

BisonBacker
August 29th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Major choke job.

stfu

What a brilliant comeback xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
August 29th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Chokenooga

I believe that one word effectively ends the discussion....

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Being in a position to blow a fairly big lead against an FBS team that returned the 2nd most starters in the nation is more than can be said about 95% percent of the FCS. Chattanooga is very legit right now.

bjtheflamesfan
August 29th, 2014, 10:11 AM
chattown, you (referring to your beloved Mocs) basically did the same thing that Abilene Christian did on Wednesday...and the same thing that has happened multiple times before in "signature games" over the years...you failed to finish (I will refrain from making a PG13 rated comment to follow up that point). All we know from last night is that UTC still cannot get a "signature win"

BisonFan02
August 29th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Being in a position to blow a fairly big lead against an FBS team that returned the 2nd most starters in the nation is more than can be said about 95% percent of the FCS. Chattanooga is very legit right now.

For all that is holy....chatty (the team...not the sandwich artist)...win a meaningful game....ONCE...start there.

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2014, 10:29 AM

So you are talking moral victory now? Hmmm I seem to remember NDSU hung 44 points on CMU the year they won the MAC and didnt pizz all over themselves.

walliver
August 29th, 2014, 10:39 AM

Is there some other Central Michigan out there that is a major powerhouse.
The Central Michigan team I am aware of was a middle-of-the-pack MAC team with no non-MAC FBS wins last year.
They may have a lot of returning starters, but they are returning mediocre starters.
Is the real argument that Chatty is better at blowing a big lead than 95% of FCS?

PaladinFan
August 29th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Too bad that chattown has made everyone enjoy critiquing UTC, despite the numerous good posters on the forum.

FBS wins are the exception, not the rule. Nothing from last night suggests that UTC is not a serious contender for a SoCon title and a playoff run.

It does, however, continue a disturbing trend in Coach Husemann's tenure of being unable to close out football games. That has been an achilles heel for UTC since he arrived.

walliver
August 29th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Too bad that chattown has made everyone enjoy critiquing UTC, despite the numerous good posters on the forum.

FBS wins are the exception, not the rule. Nothing from last night suggests that UTC is not a serious contender for a SoCon title and a playoff run.

It does, however, continue a disturbing trend in Coach Husemann's tenure of being unable to close out football games. That has been an achilles heel for UTC since he arrived.

I have often wondered what the issue with that is. At least once or twice a year, Chatty loses a key matchup from some last minute 4th quarter defensive breakdown and/or offensive turnover. It usually is poor player execution, not bad play-calling. Apparently, Huesman has not been able to instill confidence in his players that they can win the big games. Chattown generally attributes this to biased referees or some sort of cheating, but maybe the Football Fates are doing this just to piss him off.

PaladinFan
August 29th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I have often wondered what the issue with that is. At least once or twice a year, Chatty loses a key matchup from some last minute 4th quarter defensive breakdown and/or offensive turnover. It usually is poor player execution, not bad play-calling. Apparently, Huesman has not been able to instill confidence in his players that they can win the big games. Chattown generally attributes this to biased referees or some sort of cheating, but maybe the Football Fates are doing this just to piss him off.

Been like that a few years. Go back to 2011 or 2012 (I forget which). They lost a bunch of games by less than a touchdown. Games that needed, often times, the team to make one more play.

Did it a few times last year too. Lost to Samford on the road that cost them a playoff spot despite numerous opportunities to win the game.

Silenoz
August 29th, 2014, 11:24 AM
probably eliminated us a number 1 overall seed.
l

o

l

walliver
August 29th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Been like that a few years. Go back to 2011 or 2012 (I forget which). They lost a bunch of games by less than a touchdown. Games that needed, often times, the team to make one more play.

Did it a few times last year too. Lost to Samford on the road that cost them a playoff spot despite numerous opportunities to win the game.

In 2011, they lost to ASU by 2, and lost to all three option teams by identical 28-27 scores. They lost all 5 conference losses by a total of 12 points.
In 2012 they finished 5-3 in conference with a 3 OT loss to GSU and an OT loss to Wofford.
In both years, they had legitimate shots at the conference title if they could have won a few of their close losses.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM
In 2011, they lost to ASU by 2, and lost to all three option teams by identical 28-27 scores. They lost all 5 conference losses by a total of 12 points.
In 2012 they finished 5-3 in conference with a 3 OT loss to GSU and an OT loss to Wofford.
In both years, they had legitimate shots at the conference title if they could have won a few of their close losses.

That is just brutal.

PaladinFan
August 29th, 2014, 12:55 PM

Wasn't 2012 the game Terrell Robinson came in against GSU and just ran off tackle for half the game? I've never seen GSU look so confused on defense. They had spent all of their time preparing for the pocket-passer Coleman. I don't even think they knew Robinson was on the roster until he took the field.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 29th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Wasn't 2012 the game Terrell Robinson came in against GSU and just ran off tackle for half the game? I've never seen GSU look so confused on defense. They had spent all of their time preparing for the pocket-passer Coleman. I don't even think they knew Robinson was on the roster until he took the field.

That was 2011. 2012 was the triple OT game.

Bison56
August 29th, 2014, 01:14 PM

Wow

xnutsx

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see the Mocs are in mid season form.

chattownmocs
August 29th, 2014, 09:22 PM
We've lost a lot of close games recently. I'm pretty sure we still have a lot better record than furman during that time period. Maybe furman should be worried about how many blowouts they have taken over the last few years. I don't know why wofford is even talking, that team would have mauled by 5 or 6 tds. Were going to destroy wofford.

Houndawg
August 30th, 2014, 06:22 AM
We've lost a lot of close games recently. I'm pretty sure we still have a lot better record than furman during that time period. Maybe furman should be worried about how many blowouts they have taken over the last few years. I don't know why wofford is even talking, that team would have mauled by 5 or 6 tds. Were going to destroy wofford.

That's called a "loser".

SCPALADIN
August 30th, 2014, 09:14 AM

Ok, let's see here...
Since the last time Chatty made an appearance in the playoffs (1984) we've won 8 SOCON championships, made 14 Playoff appearances, and won one National Championship in 3 National Championship appearances. All of this happened since you were in diapers. We're not worried. One mediocre season will not tarnish a resume that you're having wet dreams about. xcoffeex

centennial
August 30th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Ok, let's see here...
Since the last time Chatty made an appearance in the playoffs (1984) we've won 8 SOCON championships, made 14 Playoff appearances, and won one National Championship in 3 National Championship appearances. All of this happened since you were in diapers. We're not worried. One mediocre season will not tarnish a resume that you're having wet dreams about. xcoffeex
Don't talk about facts.

SCPALADIN
August 30th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Don't talk about facts.

You know...after 9 years you'd think I would have learned. My bad...xrulesx

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2014, 03:06 PM
You know...after 9 years you'd think I would have learned. My bad...xrulesx

And we passed y'all 4 or 5 years ago. We've destroyed to the tune of 62-19 over the last 2 years and it will only happen again in 2014. Us losing to central michigan won't change that we are better than you.

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Ok, let's see here...

In defense of my alma mater (not chattownmocs), since Russ Huesman took over the program...

Furman has only had a better record once in the last 5 seasons (2011 Furman was 6-5, UTC was 5-6)
Chattanooga has a winning record (3-2) in head to head match ups the last 5 seasons (31-9, 31-10, 7-14, 36-28, 20-38)...including 2-0 at Furman.
Chattanooga has a better overall record (Furman 28-30, UTC 31-25) in the last 5 seasons.

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2014, 03:44 PM
And yet they have zero playoff appearances in the 21st century

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2014, 06:38 PM
And yet they have zero playoff appearances in the 21st century

Hey look...Liberty and Chattanooga have something in common!

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2014, 09:07 PM
For as much as chattown puffs his chest out...that isn't exactly something I would be trumpeting...

UCMoc
August 30th, 2014, 09:09 PM
By the standard you are all using for the CMU loss the other night, you should be crying into your pillow over how you guys "choked" tonight rather than worrying about what Chattanooga does.

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 09:11 PM
By the standard you are all using for the CMU loss the other night, you should be crying into your pillow over how you guys "choked" tonight rather than worrying about what Chattanooga does.

xpopcornx

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2014, 09:13 PM
We were outclassed tonight from the latter part of the 3rd quarter on, and you dont win many games with 6 giveaways...now if we were up 16 and lost, I would certainly consider it a choke

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2014, 09:21 PM
For as much as chattown puffs his chest out...that isn't exactly something I would be trumpeting...

Oh wait, I just realized something else Chattanooga and Liberty have in common...they both have at least one blowhard fan on here that make their entire fan bases look like idiots.

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2014, 09:25 PM
To put me in the same category as chattown? now that is an insult...hopefully better luck for both our squads next week

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Oh wait, I just realized something else Chattanooga and Liberty have in common...they both have at least one blowhard fan on here that make their entire fan bases look like idiots.

x406x

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2014, 09:40 PM
x406x

Get off of my lawn citdog! :)

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I have actually become much more tolerant of children now that I have a 16 month old son of my own.

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I have a 15 month old...as much as I bang on UTC, at the end of the day, its just a game...I look into his eyes as I put him to bed, and I remember what really matters

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 09:56 PM
.I look into his eyes as I put him to bed, and I remember what really matters

He makes you think of ravishing women and debauchery?

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Actually no...my family...which would be there even if there was no football for us to talk about and watch and get frustrated over and talk smack about

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Actually no...my family...which would be there even if there was no football for us to talk about and watch and get frustrated over and talk smack about

You got some messed up values man.

UCMoc
August 30th, 2014, 10:05 PM
You got some messed up values man.

Man you are such an A-Hole.

Don't ever change.

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Man you are such an A-Hole.

Don't ever change.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r-i-d6ZGK4s/Ulcwiw5z-hI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/4dSO8xBhsJM/s1600/man+tipping++hat.jpg

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2014, 10:14 PM
If putting my family above college football and loving my son and being involved in his life (unlike a good percentage of people like me) makes me have messed up values, then I will wear it as a badge of honor my confederate friend

BisonFan02
August 30th, 2014, 10:37 PM
x406x

Anyone besides me think its funny what you have to type to generate that image? xlolx #moderatorsmack

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 10:42 PM
If putting my family above college football and loving my son and being involved in his life (unlike a good percentage of people like me) makes me have messed up values, then I will wear it as a badge of honor my confederate friend

Do you like movies with gladiators?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone besides me think its funny what you have to type to generate that image? xlolx #moderatorsmack

Grizo?

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I do. I wish I could watch them more often in theaters but nothing like watching a good sword fight (I really want to check out Guardians of the Galaxy...that wise cracking gun toting raccoon is something else)

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 10:48 PM
nothing like watching a good sword fight

Interesting choice of words for a Liberty guy..........

chattanoogamocs
August 31st, 2014, 01:19 AM
I have a 15 month old...as much as I bang on UTC, at the end of the day, its just a game...I look into his eyes as I put him to bed, and I remember what really matters

Mine just turned 16 months this week. Born on April 27th, 2013. You're right...priorities change pretty quickly once they're born.

utcfan
August 31st, 2014, 07:11 AM
UTC 8-4/9-3.

And grandchildren are great.

Cocky
September 6th, 2014, 08:59 PM

Its was made clear tonight who has the better D Line.

Milktruck74
September 6th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Its was made clear tonight who has the better D Line.

Not really we watched Chattanooga's D-Line go for about a bazillion plays against a very large, very aggressive, seasoned unit....and we watched your D-Line play against a mid level High School for 3 plays at a time! Not too much to go on there!!!

Cocky
September 6th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Not really we watched Chattanooga's D-Line go for about a bazillion plays against a very large, very aggressive, seasoned unit....and we watched your D-Line play against a mid level High School for 3 plays at a time! Not too much to go on there!!!
JSU OL plus TE. So 275, Jr 293, Sr 290, So 285, Fr 275 and Jr 240
UTC OL plus TE. Fr 285 Sr 300, Fr 295 Jr 300, So 285 and Sr 250

not much difference.

youwouldno
September 6th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Furman-UTC is going to go into OT 0-0

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2014, 09:56 PM
I think he was referring more to the quality of play not the size of the players Cocky

Big_Fan
September 6th, 2014, 09:59 PM
I think he was referring more to the quality of play not the size of the players Cocky

I think Cocky was making the point that the Chatty line was bigger and had similar experience.

Our offense ran for 285 yards against Chatty. They couldn't have done that against our own defense.

Cocky
September 6th, 2014, 10:35 PM

We didn't have a big advantage on age or size but yes I do believe our OL is better and I know our DL is.

dgtw
September 6th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Just got home. I thought it was nice UTC let that local high school band play at halftime.

Redbirdz
September 7th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Let's see of the last 7 games between Chattanooga and Jacksonville State, Jax State has won 6 of them. Homers to the contrary, the Mocs have a tough road ahead, maybe 7-4.

Cocky
September 9th, 2014, 10:16 AM

Why didnt UTC put in their 2nd DL? The first one was having a difficult time outperforming our DL.

smallcollegefbfan
September 9th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Why didnt UTC put in their 2nd DL? The first one was having a difficult time outperforming our DL.

UTC's starting DL is better than yours but you have a better offense overall, better secondary, and while their QB may have more raw talent than yours (may), he turns the ball over and hasn't shown the ability to be a championship winner. UTC has talent but I just don't think they know how to win and haven't had any luck fall their way. They will win 7 or 8, no more, this year.

Not bagging on Tull because I love him. He has a high motor and is a good pass rusher but I think the best defensive player in the SoCon is Tartt at Samford. I know that's a change of subject but interesting to point out. Keep an eye on Tartt. He is going to get drafted pretty high- 3rd or 4th round.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2014, 12:27 PM
UTC's starting DL is better than yours but you have a better offense overall, better secondary, and while their QB may have more raw talent than yours (may), he turns the ball over and hasn't shown the ability to be a championship winner. UTC has talent but I just don't think they know how to win and haven't had any luck fall their way. They will win 7 or 8, no more, this year.

Not bagging on Tull because I love him. He has a high motor and is a good pass rusher but I think the best defensive player in the SoCon is Tartt at Samford. I know that's a change of subject but interesting to point out. Keep an eye on Tartt. He is going to get drafted pretty high- 3rd or 4th round.

Draft prospects are one thing. Cannot overlook #35 at Furman though in the race for DPOTY. He may have more touchdowns by season's end than some backs and receivers. :)

Cocky
September 9th, 2014, 02:52 PM

I dont if your kidding or serious but UTCs DL is not better than ours. Their QB wouldn't be playing if his dad wasn't the coach.

soconjohn22
September 9th, 2014, 04:15 PM
So far...The best defensive player in the SoCon has been Gary Wilkins...DPOW two out of two weeks.

dgtw
September 10th, 2014, 12:33 PM
UT hat, Mocs shirt.

Although he could be stuck at work wearing all his Subway gear.

I saw a few UT hats at the game Saturday.

kingranch
September 10th, 2014, 01:27 PM
how do you guys think old chattown feels about college gameday picking ndsu as their feature game over the tennesse volunteers?

Houndawg
September 10th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Let's see of the last 7 games between Chattanooga and Jacksonville State, Jax State has won 6 of them. Homers to the contrary, the Mocs have a tough road ahead, maybe 7-4.

No way. 6-5/5-6. 7-4 if somebody forfeits...

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2014, 08:55 PM
No way. 6-5/5-6. 7-4 if somebody forfeits...

They play 12 games just like basically everybody else in the country reject. Way to show you are clearly just throwing crap out there.

Houndawg
September 10th, 2014, 09:03 PM
They play 12 games just like basically everybody else in the country reject. Way to show you are clearly just throwing crap out there.

Sorry, 5-7/6-6, get lucky and you could be 7-5. Citadel is going to kick a mud hole in your azz and stomp it dry. xcoffeex

chattanoogamocs
September 10th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I saw a few UT hats at the game Saturday.

I saw some Alabama gear too...they probably felt at home when the JSU band plays one of their songs.

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Sorry, 5-7/6-6, get lucky and you could be 7-5. Citadel is going to kick a mud hole in your azz and stomp it dry. xcoffeex

The citadel isn't going to do anything. Stfu. You sound dumber and dumbet every time you post.

NDSUSR
September 11th, 2014, 12:49 AM
http://beerstreetjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/Clown-Shoes-Brewing2.png

Houndawg
September 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM
The citadel isn't going to do anything. Stfu. You sound dumber and dumbet every time you post.

xoopsx

xlolx

After Tennessee gets through abusing your starters Citadel will take the reserves to school with the triple option.

chattownmocs
September 29th, 2014, 06:37 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3437101

NDSUSR
October 11th, 2014, 04:37 PM
AT Austin Peay W 42-7
Open
VS Samford W 31-17
VS VMI W 45-6
AT Tennessee L 41-20
AT The Citadel W 28-10
VS Mercer W 48-0
VS Wofford W 21-17
AT Furman W 23-10

Bump for the soon to be 3-3 Mocs. A 2-3 Tennessee is breaking it off in poor Chattanooga as we speak.
What happened Chattown??

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2014, 09:54 AM
The Mocs traveled to Charleston on upset alert and came away with a statement win.

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3484183

chattownmocs
November 3rd, 2014, 06:21 AM
Chattanooga visited cullowhee for a game with championship implications. What ensued was pure domination.

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3508658

smallcollegefbfan
November 3rd, 2014, 09:17 AM
Chattanooga visited cullowhee for a game with championship implications. What ensued was pure domination.

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3508658

Definitely expected a UTC win this weekend. You guys may have dominated a little more than people would expect but as I said before, WCU had 2 D2 wins and beat a bad Wofford team. I wasn't ready to rank them yet and we got our answer as to if they are for real or not. There is no doubt they are getting better. WCU should be a top 25 contender within the next 2 years.

CockyGeek
November 4th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Yeah that win shocked me. I thought it was going to be closer. I didn't realize WCU's schedule was so poor.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2014, 12:43 PM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3530125

sights and sounds of the wofford game

chattownmocs
November 24th, 2014, 05:52 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=3554695

Chattanooga pulled away from Furman 45-19. Very complete team. If you think this team will be anything resembling a cakewalk for anyone. think again.

bjtheflamesfan
November 24th, 2014, 09:13 AM
2 things:

1) congratulations on the SoCon title and autobid. nice to see utc and Liberty make the playoffs in the same year
2) thank you for taking the mantra "act like youve been here before" to heart. I was a bit concerned that you would let it go to your head since it hasnt happened since the Reagan administration.

- - - Updated - - -

2 things:

1) congratulations on the SoCon title and autobid. nice to see utc and Liberty make the playoffs in the same year
2) thank you for taking the mantra "act like youve been here before" to heart. I was a bit concerned that you would let it go to your head since it hasnt happened since the Reagan administration.

SIUSalukiFan
November 24th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Were there riots in Chattanooga last night after the Mocs didn't get the No. 1 overall seed?

chattownmocs
December 12th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Tough game. I thought we had what it took to when the game and we did physically but just didn't have the resolve. Maybe its expetience, maybe old demons are hard to kill. And no. I'm not the ****ing demon smart ass. We had a good year. If you lose your last game it hurts but we will be stronger next year mentally and physically. Congrats to new hampshire on finding a way to win.

chattownmocs
December 12th, 2014, 10:46 PM
2015 outlook. Offense should be great. Huesman is getting better and better. We lose some pieces but oline will be improved and I'm excited to see the new weapons we have that redahirted.

Defense will be good. Can't be as good on the dline but will still be good there. Should be much improved on the back end with everybody but wakeel returning.

Ill be back making bold predictions next year I'm sure.

Milktruck74
December 12th, 2014, 10:49 PM
2015 outlook. Offense should be great. Huesman is getting better and better. We lose some pieces but oline will be improved and I'm excited to see the new weapons we have that redahirted.

Defense will be good. Can't be as good on the dline but will still be good there. Should be much improved on the back end with everybody but wakeel returning.

We all know you will...but this year some will take notice.

Southern Bison
December 12th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the warning...

The Ville
December 12th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I feel like Chattanooga outplayed UNH tonight, could easily be headed to the semis. Already looking forward to meeting again next year at Finley, it's good competition for JSU.

UCMoc
December 12th, 2014, 11:15 PM

ill make a deal. You give me these predictions in person, I will meet you and buy you a beer. Offer good until August.

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2014, 11:21 PM

Heard a rumor that RHuesman is definitely in the mix for the Pitt job (among other FBS openings) and JHuesman will graduate from UTC this year and play his 5th year at the FBS level (wherever RHuesman goes) to enhance his NFL chances. If that happens, with UTC OC going to VMI and some/all of the staff going to Pitt (or wherever) with RHuesman, how do you think the Mocs will fare in 2015?

utcfan
December 12th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Heard a rumor that RHuesman is definitely in the mix for the Pitt job (among other FBS openings) and JHuesman will graduate from UTC this year and play his 5th year at the FBS level to enhance his NFL chances. If that happens, with UTC OC going to VMI and some/all of the staff going to Pitt (or wherever) with RHuesman, how do you think the Mocs will fare in 2015?

What NFL chances?

RH might be linked to several jobs. I think he stays. If he leaves then the Mocs will find a good new coach. Hugh Freeze was a finalist with RH last time, program is in good shape. It will all work out if your scenario happens and UTC will be fine.

longtimemocfan
December 13th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I feel like Chattanooga outplayed UNH tonight, could easily be headed to the semis. Already looking forward to meeting again next year at Finley, it's good competition for JSU.

The JSU vs Chattanooga games are always hard fought and entertaining. JSU has become more of rivalry than anyone else in our own conference for now.

AshevilleApp2
December 13th, 2014, 02:22 AM
Tough loss, but congratulations to Chattanooga on an excellent season.

OL FU
December 13th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Congrats to both teams. Very nice showing Mocs.xthumbsupx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 13th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Well played and entertaining game last night. Its pretty incredible what Russ has done with the Mocs in 6 years. They looked like the better team.