PDA

View Full Version : Saturdayblitz SoCon Preview And Predictions

SU DOG
July 21st, 2014, 07:42 AM
I'd have to disagree with some of this, but here is how this contributor to Saturdayblitz sees it:

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/07/21/2014-southern-conference-football-preview-predictions/

PaladinFan
July 21st, 2014, 07:53 AM
I'd have to disagree with some of this, but here is how this contributor to Saturdayblitz sees it:

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/07/21/2014-southern-conference-football-preview-predictions/

This is just my opinion, Soconjohn is perhaps as knowledgeable about the SoCon as anyone writing on the subject.

Obviously, preseason rankings are what they are. I recall that Furman was picked only ahead of Elon and WCU last season and managed to win a conference title. Hard to really find a lot of fault there.

The Cats
July 21st, 2014, 08:15 AM
WCU fans are optimistic about the Cats chances for improvement in the upcoming season.

John is very knowledgeable about SoCon football and a #5 pick by John somewhat validates our optimism. A number 5 or higher finish for the Cats this season, will put the conference on notice that Western will be a force in the conference to contend with over the near future.

SU DOG
July 21st, 2014, 08:43 AM
I would NEVER question John's credentials when it comes to the SoCon, but preseason predictions are, after all, just guesses. My guess is that Furman will be on top. UTC should be loaded, but the Mocs have to go to Furman, and Samford has to go there again also. I hope that Western has a good year - those folks deserve it, but I can't put them above The Citadel, and I have Samford in the top 3. Interesting year coming up as always, but maybe more so with the departures and newbies.

citdog
July 21st, 2014, 11:25 AM
WCU fans are optimistic about the Cats chances for improvement in the upcoming season.

John is very knowledgeable about SoCon football and a #5 pick by John somewhat validates our optimism. A number 5 or higher finish for the Cats this season, will put the conference on notice that Western will be a force in the conference to contend with over the near future.

You are going to finish ahead of either Mercer or VMI and that's it. No way you finish any higher. SoConjohn? Who the hell is that?

The Cats
July 21st, 2014, 11:58 AM
You are going to finish ahead of either Mercer or VMI and that's it. No way you finish any higher. SoConjohn? Who the hell is that?

An intentional grounding penalty late in the 4th quarter was what saved your 7 point win in Cullowhee in 2013.

You won't be so luck this season. The Cats intend to be the most improved team in the FCS this season.

#yearofthecats

citdog
July 21st, 2014, 12:02 PM
An intentional grounding penalty late in the 4th quarter was what saved your 7 point win in Cullowhee in 2013.

You won't be so luck this season. The Cats intend to be the most improved team in the FCS this season.

#yearofthecats

Actually it was the 21 point lead at halftime that won that game. Explain that away please. WCU STINKS and getting slightly better means that you only stink a little less.

#wcufansdrinkingearly

The Cats
July 21st, 2014, 12:23 PM
What does that say about Citadel then, only beating a team that "stinks" and has only won one division 1 game in the last three years, by only 7 points?

They way you boast, the doggies should have won by 49 points.

But, it didn't happen, did it? They escaped, with a slim victory, same as Wofford did.

catamount man
July 21st, 2014, 12:44 PM
don't worry CATS, he won't be posting much longer once the bar owners in Missoula come looking for him to pay his tabs. :D GO CATS!

citdog
July 21st, 2014, 02:03 PM
What does that say about Citadel then, only beating a team that "stinks" and has only won one division 1 game in the last three years, by only 7 points?

They way you boast, the doggies should have won by 49 points.

But, it didn't happen, did it? They escaped, with a slim victory, same as Wofford did.

It says that we WON.

FUBeAR
July 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM
Don't know if y'all noticed, but there's a link at the top of the article which takes you to a 7 page highly detailed, well-researched analysis of each team, includes "must-see" games, and SaturdayBlitz' pre-season All-SoCon selections. You'll find a lot more to argue about here:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/194/files/2014/07/SoCon-Preview-2014.pdf

(If this link works while posting from my phone. If not click on the text "SoCon 2014 Season Preview" at the top of the article)