PDA

View Full Version : YSU to the IVY League?

ysubigred
June 19th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Hmmm.. Maybe YSU will be known as an academic schoolxeyebrowx not for winning the MVFC or NC's xlolx

Cleveland, Ohio - The Youngstown State football program was the recipient of the FCS Athletics Directors Association APR award for having the most improved APR score in the Missouri Valley Football Conference in 2012-13.

YSU Athletic Director Ron Strollo received the award on behalf of the program last week at the FCS ADA Scholarship Luncheon at the NACDA Convention in Orlando.

The NCAA member colleges and universities adopted a comprehensive academic reform package designed to improve the academic success and graduation of all student-athletes. The centerpiece of the package is the academic measurement for teams, known as the APR.

The Academic Progress Rate (APR) Award recognizes one institution at each of the 13 FCS conferences that has the highest APR score. In addition, the Association also recognizes one institution from each conference that has improved the most from the previous year. In all, 25 awards will be given this year.

"Our Association is pleased to present these awards to spotlight one true mission of all FCS programs, embracing the academic progress of their student-athletes, who will become leaders off the field," said FCS ADA President Brian Hutchinson, director of athletics at Morehead State University. "We are happy to continue to recognize the FCS institutions and their football programs for continuing to reach exemplary APR scores."

Holy Crap!!! Is it football season yet xbawlingx

DFW HOYA
June 19th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Cleveland, Ohio - The Youngstown State football program was the recipient of the FCS Athletics Directors Association APR award for having the most improved APR score in the Missouri Valley Football Conference in 2012-13.

According to the NCAA database, it moved from 927 to 932.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 19th, 2014, 09:37 AM

Tied with MoSt at the bottom of the league. Keep plucking away! I'm sure your highly qualified academic president will help that get even better!

ysubigred
June 19th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Tied with MoSt at the bottom of the league. Keep plucking away! I'm sure your highly qualified academic president will help that get even better!

I hope so.

- - - Updated - - -

The NCAA LIES!!!!

MplsBison
June 19th, 2014, 12:49 PM

I'm trying to understand this non sequitur post. You may have to elaborate.

ysubigred
June 20th, 2014, 02:19 PM

He's a dumb azz hater who can't take a post for what it's worth. I'm glad all yous NoDAK guys aint like him xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
June 20th, 2014, 02:36 PM

Despite the improvement, YSU's APR is the lowest in the MVFC, tied with MoSt. Are you not smart enough to make sense of that?

Did you go to one of these institutions?

MplsBison
June 20th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Despite the improvement, YSU's APR is the lowest in the MVFC, tied with MoSt. Are you not smart enough to make sense of that?

Did you go to one of these institutions?

Ah, so it was a non sequitur. The president of the university obviously has nothing to do with APR scores of the student-athletes.