PDA

View Full Version : NDSU gets to start the year on FS1, again

IBleedYellow
May 29th, 2014, 02:29 PM
http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu-iowa-state-will-be-televised-nationally-fox-sports-1

Looking forward to it. Here is hoping for a repeat of last year!

Professor Chaos
May 29th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Awesome! I'll be nowhere near Fargo or Ames for this game so glad that I'll be able to watch it.

centennial
May 29th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Cool.. Hope we own Iowa State

gumby013
May 29th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Beans of the cool variety.

Bisonator
May 29th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Fox Sports 1, Home of the Bison, I like it!:D

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Did this channel ever rival ESPN?

Bisonator
May 29th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Did this channel ever rival ESPN?

It's only been in existence for 9 months.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2014, 07:44 PM
It's only been in existence for 9 months.

And its already irrelevant

Bisonator
May 29th, 2014, 09:19 PM
You're butthurt is strong.

IBleedYellow
May 29th, 2014, 10:06 PM

I guess you would know what irrelevant looks like, so if you want to call it that, sure.

centennial
May 30th, 2014, 12:18 AM
ESPN reaches 99 million homes
FS1 reaches 90 million homes
Their bigger games have better ratings than FCS NC. We'll take it.
What's your excuse for not making the playoffs? Not enough 3 star players?

BisonBacker
May 30th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Kind of like you and your team

NoDak 4 Ever
May 30th, 2014, 08:38 AM
And we're simply irrelevant

FIFY

Professor Chaos
May 30th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Funny that the FS1 bashing is coming from the same guy who said this about CSS (Comcast sports channel or something like that - like Midco Sports Net for those of us up here xconfusedx) picking up an almighty Mocs broadcast and their whopping 4 games on ESPN3 last year:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?135592-Official-2013-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread&p=1985970&viewfull=1#post1985970

UTC will broadcast the UT Martin game will be broadcast on CSS. This will basically be a 3 1/2 UTC infomercial. Mocs will have the CSS game along with 4 ESPN3 games this season. Awesome.

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&CONTENT_ID=%23temp_CONTENT_ID&ATCLID=208959560&DB_OEM_ID=17700

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?135592-Official-2013-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread&p=1986165&viewfull=1#post1986165

It's an absolutely huge deal. Especially that UTC is producing it. This is not SS, it is CSS. While it may not be in as many households, it has a reputable college football brand, unlike SS.

I'm sure it was a nice 3.5 hour UTC infomercial watching UT-Martin run up and down the field on them.

And then there's this:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?135592-Official-2013-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread&p=1986288&viewfull=1#post1986288

What is this link? Comcast has 23 million subscribers. Directv has around 17 million.
Assuming this 23M number is even accurate (which I have my doubts about considering the source and lack of citations) that's about a quarter of the number of households FS1 is in.

chattownmocs
May 30th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Funny that the FS1 bashing is coming from the same guy who said this about CSS (Comcast sports channel or something like that - like Midco Sports Net for those of us up here xconfusedx) picking up an almighty Mocs broadcast and their whopping 4 games on ESPN3 last year:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?135592-Official-2013-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread&p=1985970&viewfull=1#post1985970

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?135592-Official-2013-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread&p=1986165&viewfull=1#post1986165

I'm sure it was a nice 3.5 hour UTC infomercial watching UT-Martin run up and down the field on them.

And then there's this:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?135592-Official-2013-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread&p=1986288&viewfull=1#post1986288

Assuming this 23M number is even accurate (which I have my doubts about considering the source and lack of citations) that's about a quarter of the number of households FS1 is in.

I doubt that I ever made a case that CSS was a bigger network than foxsports1. Its apples and oranges. Our school taking over a CSS broadcast was a big deal to us as is y'all being on fs1 is to y'all. I'm just wondering if this network has eclipsed ESPN. Yet?

Acting like fs1 is espn is about like acting like Iowa State is Florida State which I'm sure y'all will do win or lose.

Professor Chaos
May 30th, 2014, 09:51 AM
I doubt that I ever made a case that CSS was a bigger network than foxsports1. Its apples and oranges. Our school taking over a CSS broadcast was a big deal to us as is y'all being on fs1 is to y'all. I'm just wondering if this network has eclipsed ESPN. Yet?

Acting like fs1 is espn is about like acting like Iowa State is Florida State which I'm sure y'all will do win or lose.
And I'm sure you'll spin Central Michigan up as a powerhouse when the Mocs lose to them.

chattownmocs
May 30th, 2014, 09:57 AM
And I'm sure you'll spin Central Michigan up as a powerhouse when the Mocs lose to them.

They will be probably be better than Iowa state this year. Either way I want be calling for us in the AP top 10 the next week.

Saint3333
May 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM
This is typical, Chattown trolls the program with the most fans. How that App is gone he's moved on to NDSU?

Congrats on the game NDSU, publicity is difficult at this level enjoy it!

NoDak 4 Ever
May 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM

See the awesome thing is we did both, no eclipsin' needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2KJ3PiGZr8

IBleedYellow
June 2nd, 2014, 10:30 PM
See the awesome thing is we did both, no eclipsin' needed.

That "Thank you Gameday!" chant to the turn of our normal "Let's go Bison!" chant still brings goosebumps and a shiver down my spine. Such an awesome event to partake in and I'm very thankful for ESPN for showcasing our program as much as it did that day.

AmsterBison
June 3rd, 2014, 07:11 AM
Beat a Big 12 team on FS1, then EPSN does Game Day for Montana. That would be a good start of the season for the FCS. :)

I think Montana v NDSU would be a great showcase for the FCS... at either place. I mean, the Game Day folks would love Missoula.

MplsBison
June 3rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Hopefully ESPN will send Gameday to one major FCS program every year. They should expect similar passion at places like Montana, Montana St, Delaware, etc.

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
Maybe they should send gameday to see one of NDSUs big FBS games. Oh wait. They don't play good FBS teams.

MplsBison
June 3rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Maybe they should send gameday to see one of NDSUs big FBS games. Oh wait. They don't play good FBS teams.

P5 teams don't play at FCS stadiums.

Professor Chaos
June 3rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Beat a Big 12 team on FS1, then EPSN does Game Day for Montana. That would be a good start of the season for the FCS. :)

I think Montana v NDSU would be a great showcase for the FCS... at either place. I mean, the Game Day folks would love Missoula.
It would be a great game for Game Day to come back for but there's some tough competition that week with Clemson playing at Florida St.

IBleedYellow
June 3rd, 2014, 11:14 AM
I don't think we'll be getting GameDay back for awhile. I think Montana may get them sometime down the line, though!

gotts
June 3rd, 2014, 12:54 PM

Maybe they should send Gameday to the production of your second place media guide.

centennial
June 3rd, 2014, 01:01 PM
Kansas State-24-21 4th in the Big 12. 8-5 record last year. 23 on Sagarin.
CMU 44-14 MAC champions in 2007
Our backups would beat your chump team. Most FBS teams want nothing to do with us.

justintyem
June 3rd, 2014, 01:10 PM

That "Thank you Gameday!" chant to the turn of our normal "Let's go Bison!" chant still brings goosebumps and a shiver down my spine. Such an awesome event to partake in and I'm very thankful for ESPN for showcasing our program as much as it did that day.I so agree with the TYGD Chant................ Just watching it again my family said the same thing....... " GOOSEBUMPS AND A SHIVER" DOWN OUR SPINES!!!!!

Bisonoline
June 3rd, 2014, 04:19 PM

Defending Big 12 Champions dont count?

BEAR
June 3rd, 2014, 06:24 PM
Is FS1 the same as FSN? My Bears play Texas Tech on FSN for the first game of the year. It also said Texas Tech TV.... no freakin' idea if that's a national station or a web stream. xlolx

MplsBison
June 3rd, 2014, 06:32 PM
Is FS1 the same as FSN? My Bears play Texas Tech on FSN for the first game of the year. It also said Texas Tech TV.... no freakin' idea if that's a national station or a web stream. xlolx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_Networks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_1

Short answer: FS1 is a national cable sports channel while FSN is an umbrella term for a group of regional cable sports channels.

BEAR
June 3rd, 2014, 06:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_Networks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_1

Short answer: FS1 is a national cable sports channel while FSN is an umbrella term for a group of regional cable sports channels.

Thanks. I'm glad its regional. I mean we don't get most of our players from Cali anyway. xlolx Getting TV in Texas and that area will help.

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Kansas States previous 5 recruiting class rankings...

2009 #93
2010 #63
2011 #69
2012 #59
2013 #67

Kansas State does not recruit real talent. They get reject scrubs. They weren't good last year and were particularly bad early. At least play someone with real players and stop bsing about playing a team who was decent because of lightning in a bottle the previous year.

Kansas state and Iowa State are the two worst recruiting programs in the entire BIG 12 which makes them most prone to FCS upsets.

Twentysix
June 4th, 2014, 06:54 AM

2009 #93
2010 #63
2011 #69
2012 #59
2013 #67

Kansas State does not recruit real talent. They get reject scrubs. They weren't good last year and were particularly bad early. At least play someone with real players and stop bsing about playing a team who was decent because of lightning in a bottle the previous year.

Kansas state and Iowa State are the two worst recruiting programs in the entire BIG 12 which makes them most prone to FCS upsets.

Get back to us when the Mocs win a playoff game, errr make the playoffs, errr have a successful season. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Get back to us when the Mocs win a playoff game, errr make the playoffs, errr have a successful season. xlolx

Every team he is talking about would have beaten his team beyond recognition.

NDSU was K State's first home OOC loss since before the last time UTC made the playoffs.

MplsBison
June 4th, 2014, 10:23 AM

2009 #93
2010 #63
2011 #69
2012 #59
2013 #67

I hope so! Would love to see NDSU beat Iowa State this season.

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2014, 10:32 AM
What does chattanooga have to do with NDSU continuing to attempt to over inflate their FBS resume?

MplsBison
June 4th, 2014, 11:00 AM
What does chattanooga have to do with NDSU continuing to attempt to over inflate their FBS resume?

Not possible to over inflate that baby! NDSU needs to keep pumping until it reaches the goal.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2014, 11:01 AM

Because the only person deriding anything NDSU has done is an annoying prick who loves a mediocre team.

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2014, 11:14 AM
NDSU has been great and all...Is there any doubt chattsnooga has a better team than NDSU position-by-position in 2014? It doesn't seem close.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2014, 11:18 AM
NDSU has been great and all...Is there any doubt chattsnooga has a better team than NDSU position-by-position in 2014? It doesn't seem close.

You said the same thing last year. There is a **** ton of doubt.

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2014, 11:26 AM
You said the same thing last year. There is a **** ton of doubt.

I don't think so. I think NDSU is getting a lot of respect because of the past, rightfully so. Chattanooga is getting a lot of trepidation based on the past, rightfully so. But just a comparison looking at the two teams, chattanooga is the more talented team.

MplsBison
June 4th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I don't think so. I think NDSU is getting a lot of respect because of the past, rightfully so. Chattanooga is getting a lot of trepidation based on the past, rightfully so. But just a comparison looking at the two teams, chattanooga is the more talented team.

Regardless, NDSU is playing Iowa State on Fox Sports 1 this season.

How about that?

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Regardless, NDSU is playing Iowa State on Fox Sports 1 this season.

How about that?

It speaks to FS1s failure as a network to be honest.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2014, 12:01 PM
It speaks to FS1s failure as a network to be honest.

I gotta admit. You're getting more and more comical every year.

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Would a major sports network really want to open the season with Iowa freaking state and north Dakota freaking state. Hahahahah speaking of comical.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Would a major sports network really want to open the season with Iowa freaking state and north Dakota freaking state. Hahahahah speaking of comical.

FS1 has the Big 12 contract but the actual pull was NDSU. It probably wouldn't have been on if ISU were playing Toledo.

As far as FS1, they have the backing of Fox Sports and they chose to have NDSU and Kansas State as one of their first football games ever. They even had it moved to Friday night to make sure they had the exclusive.

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2014, 12:24 PM
FS1 has the Big 12 contract but the actual pull was NDSU. It probably wouldn't have been on if ISU were playing Toledo.

As far as FS1, they have the backing of Fox Sports and they chose to have NDSU and Kansas State as one of their first football games ever. They even had it moved to Friday night to make sure they had the exclusive.

That's the best game they can get! Because they have no relevance as a network. The SEC Network opens with South Carolina and Texas A&M. Iowa State and North Dakota State?? Hahahahahahahahaha. Cyclones vs the Bison baby whoooooo

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2014, 12:31 PM
That's the best game they can get! Because they have no relevance as a network. The SEC Network opens with South Carolina and Texas A&M. Iowa State and North Dakota State?? Hahahahahahahahaha. Cyclones vs the Bison baby whoooooo

who gives a ****? Honestly, NDSU is the premier team in FCS and gets a lot of ink outside of FCS. Your effort to minimize this success, given your pathetic team and your overblown sense of their actual worth is a lot of fun. Mostly because you actually seem to believe your ****.

Now, get back to work. Those $5 footlongs aren't going to make themselves.

MplsBison
June 4th, 2014, 12:40 PM

They did last year with Kansas State and NDSU.

I'd be curious to know the ratings of that game vs. the ratings from other games on national cable channels that weekend.

chattownmocs
June 4th, 2014, 12:50 PM
NDSU is not a national program. But what makes this game most irrelevant is that neither is Iowa state. The dirty secret about NDSU, is that basically ALL of their most impactful players were seniors. ALL. You guys arent good anymore.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2014, 01:01 PM
NDSU is not a national program. But what makes this game most irrelevant is that neither is Iowa state. The dirty secret about NDSU, is that basically ALL of their most impactful players were seniors. ALL. You guys arent good anymore.

That must really be a secret because you're the only person that thinks it.

IBleedYellow
June 4th, 2014, 01:01 PM

This is so incorrect, but it's okay, you can keep trying.

Professor Chaos
June 4th, 2014, 02:17 PM
This quote is a keeper. For someone who knows so little about NDSU football you sure like to talk about it a lot.

Keep it up but don't forget to pull your head out to breathe every once in a while:

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww55/xsirjin/Head_up_ASS.jpg

Bisonator
June 4th, 2014, 02:34 PM
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7378823_f248.jpg

Bisonoline
June 4th, 2014, 05:49 PM

Put your helmet back on. The short yellow bus will be picking you up shortly.

centennial
June 4th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Why does the mental institution you live at allow you internet privileges?

bjtheflamesfan
June 4th, 2014, 07:20 PM

Get a game with a two time defending national champion? I'd take that as a program director

NoDak 4 Ever
June 4th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Get a game with a two time defending national champion? I'd take that as a program director

*ahem*

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 4th, 2014, 07:26 PM

FAIL!!

Even with the loss to graduation.... NDSU is still one of the best teams in the FCS. 4-peat is very possible.

bjtheflamesfan
June 4th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Sorry...Three time defending....

MplsBison
June 5th, 2014, 10:53 AM

Nonetheless, FS1 is a national sports channel that has elected to feature NDSU and Iowa St this season.

It will be good national publicity for both programs.

tnbison
June 5th, 2014, 03:18 PM

As for NDSU's supposed dirty little secret, We are returning 4 of our top 5 tacklers, our top reciever, our top interceptor, our top two scorers(3 if you include our place kicker), our top punt returner and an NFL caliber kicker/punter. I think we'll be ok xthumbsupx

bisonboone11
June 6th, 2014, 08:23 AM
As for NDSU's supposed dirty little secret, We are returning 4 of our top 5 tacklers, our top reciever, our top interceptor, our top two scorers(3 if you include our place kicker), our top punt returner and an NFL caliber kicker/punter. I think we'll be ok xthumbsupx
Yeah, but none of them would see any playing time for Chattanooga.

AmsterBison
June 6th, 2014, 08:26 AM
If NDSU doesn't beat Iowa State, I don't see NDSU winning the FCS championship because NDSU feeds of the tears of defeated FBS foes.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Yeah, but none of them would see any playing time for Chattanooga.

You forgot to add "in December"