PDA

View Full Version : 2014 CFPA Preseason Award Watch Lists

smallcollegefbfan
May 28th, 2014, 12:15 PM
So far just the DL and LBs are out. I have not seen them posted so I thought I would post.

Biggest DL snubs, IMO, are SLU DE Jacob Newman, Chattanooga DT Derrick Lott, and NW State DT Deon Simon for the DL award.

The biggest LB snubs are W&M's Luke Rhodes, JMU's Gage Steele, Tenn State's Nick Thrasher, and Southern Utah's Zak Browning.

2014 CFPA LINEBACKER AWARD
Kourtney Berry, Alabama State
Evan Byers, Bucknell
Nick Dzubnar, Cal Poly
Quinn Backus, Coastal Carolina
Kris Kent, Colgate
Patrick Callaway, Delaware
Christian ****z, Duquesne
Ronnie Hamlin, Eastern Washington
Stephen Hodge, Fordham
Tanner Burch, Gardner-Webb
Chad Geter, Gardner-Webb
Eric Medes, Harvard
Nick Sigmon, Liberty
Cabrinni Gonclaves, Maine
Christophe Mulumba Tshimanga, Maine
Alex Singleton, Montana State
Cody Acker, Morgan State
Austin Hasquet, NAU
Marcell Coke, Norfolk State
Deon King, Norfolk State
LYNDEN TRAIL, NORFOLK STATE*
D’Vonte Grant, North Carolina A&T
Carlton Littlejohn, North Dakota State
Dan Davis, Penn
Jerome Howard, Prairie View A&M
Mike Zeuli, Princeton
Andrew Bose, Rhode Island
Eric Wright, Richmond
Kellen Sperduto, Robert Morris
Charles Elmore, South Dakota State
Isiah Corbett, Southeastern Louisiana
Tyler Williamson, Southern Illinois
Bishop Neal, Saint Francis U
Matt Holley, Southern Utah
Shane McNeely, UNH
Tony Bell, UT-Martin
KEVIN KINTZEL, WESTERN ILLINOIS*
Airek Green, William & Mary

2014 CFPA DEFENSIVE END/DEFENSIVE TACKLE AWARD
Nick Richardson, Abilene Christian
LeBrandon Richardson, Bethune-Cookman
Jeff Covitz, Bryant
Maduka Nwanekezi, Bryant
Demetrius Baldwin-Youngblood, Bucknell
Isaac Scott, Campbell
Jonathan Woodard, Central Arkansas
DAVIS TULL, CHATTANOOGA*
Justin Oxendine, The Citadel
Derrick Saulsberry, Delaware
Rodney Gunter, Delaware State
Dino Fanti, Eastern Illinois
Evan Day, Eastern Washington
Brett Biestek, Fordham
Gary Wilkins, Furman
O.J. Le’iatua Mau, Gardner-Webb
Alec May, Georgetown
Miles Grooms, Hampton
ZACH HODGES, HARVARD*
Damon Gresham-Chisholm, Howard
Connor Underwood, Indiana State
Javancy Jones, Jackson State
Sage Harold, JMU
Brandon Lee, JMU
Everett Ellefsen, McNeese State
Zack Wagenmann, Montana
Sean Fugate, MVSU
Kyle Emanuel, North Dakota State
Xavier Williams, Northern Iowa
Evan Kelly, Richmond
Troy Moore, Sacred Heart
Andrew Carter, South Carolina State
James Cowser, Southern Utah
Anthony Bass, Tennessee State
Amir Bloom, Texas Southern
Ryan Delaire, Towson
Mike Reilly, William & Mary
Tarek Odom, Wofford

CrazyCat
May 28th, 2014, 12:25 PM
They must not have got the memo that Na'a Moeakiola,who was injured last year, is back for his SR. year.

rmutv
May 28th, 2014, 12:42 PM
LB Kellen Sperduto plays for Sacred Heart, not Robert Morris.

clenz
May 28th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Jake Farley - 10.5 tackles per game, 2 sacks, 2 TFL, forced fumble, fumble recovery, 2 pass break ups. Not bad for playing in 5 games and then breaking your leg...and getting pulled in the third/very early fourth, due to blow out scores, in 3 of the 5 games?

No?

Okay.

smallcollegefbfan
May 28th, 2014, 04:09 PM
The only reason I did not say those two returning from injuries were snubbed is because I don't know their status. Are they both 100% healthy already and did they fully participate in spring ball?

clenz
May 28th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Farley's broken leg was in October....

He started running in January.

I didn't pay attention to spring ball..

I'd assume by August he'll be healed from a broken leg 10 months earlier

PaladinFan
May 28th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Like the addition of Gary Wilkins.

He had another fantastic season last year after moving positions. Despite good numbers, he has the potential to really be a force this season with the return of a healthy Shawn Boone. Offenses are going to have a difficult time devoting enough bodies to stopping both those guys. Should allow Wilkins some favorable matchups as a pass rusher.

kdinva
May 28th, 2014, 05:54 PM
VMI LB Logan Staib, and DE John Washington, will be heard from this Fall......

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 28th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Tim Newton DE, Lehigh....

smallcollegefbfan
May 29th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Farley's broken leg was in October....

He started running in January.

I didn't pay attention to spring ball..

I'd assume by August he'll be healed from a broken leg 10 months earlier

I would assume the same. Just saying I'm not sure where he is yet, but he should be fine by now even. He's a very good player. Many people forget about players who miss most of a season or at least get hurt halfway into it and don't fall into any stat categories.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2014, 05:49 AM
38 Dlineman... Chattanooga should have 5 of them

PaladinFan
May 29th, 2014, 06:44 AM

Golden.

citdog
May 29th, 2014, 10:00 AM
VMI LB Logan Staib, and DE John Washington, will be heard from this Fall......

I see what you did there.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/Stonewall_Jackson.jpg/300px-Stonewall_Jackson.jpg

smallcollegefbfan
May 29th, 2014, 10:26 AM

You run a 4-3 so it's hard to put 5 guys in a list that distinguished, although you had 5 solid players get a lot of time due to Lott being hurt. I think 5 in the top 40 with DE and DT combined is too much but 4 or 5 of your defensive linemen in expanding rankings really isn't crazy. I would put Tull and Davis in the top 40 ends and then Freeman and Tull in the top 10-15 tackles. I have Tull as the #1 DE and Lott as the #2 DT.

BisonFan02
May 29th, 2014, 04:22 PM
You run a 4-3 so it's hard to put 5 guys in a list that distinguished, although you had 5 solid players get a lot of time due to Lott being hurt. I think 5 in the top 40 with DE and DT combined is too much but 4 or 5 of your defensive linemen in expanding rankings really isn't crazy. I would put Tull and Davis in the top 40 ends and then Freeman and Tull in the top 10-15 tackles. I have Tull as the #1 DE and Lott as the #2 DT.

...and they still won't win the SoCon.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2014, 07:28 PM

Derrick Lott wasn't starting in the spring. Don't know whether he will get that spot back on the fall or not. Danny Ring is pretty good.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2014, 07:30 PM
...and they still won't win the SoCon.

Yeah that Furman team played so well up in fergo. Oh wait they suck. Get a grip.

citdog
May 29th, 2014, 07:40 PM
they suck..

FINALLY I can agree with you.

Bisonator
May 29th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Yeah that Furman team played so well up in fergo. Oh wait they suck. Get a grip.

FINALLY I can agree with you.

And yet they're still better then your teams, hence your teams REALLY SUCK?xlolx

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2014, 07:46 PM
And yet they're still better then your teams, hence your teams REALLY SUCK?xlolx

In what way are they better?

Bisonator
May 29th, 2014, 09:17 PM
In what way are they better?

Well they made the playoffs. Where was UTC?

PaladinFan
May 30th, 2014, 05:11 AM

Tis better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

chattownmocs
May 30th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Well they made the playoffs. Where was UTC?

So 1-24 are last years playoff teams and 25 is who, UNI? Arent you one of the UNI touting bizen?

Bisonator
May 30th, 2014, 11:13 AM
So 1-24 are last years playoff teams and 25 is who, UNI? Arent you one of the UNI touting bizen?

Well if you mean I think UNI is better then UTC then yes I am. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
May 30th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Well if you mean I think UNI is better then UTC then yes I am. xlolx

Holy ****, a healthy UNI team would have ****ing MURDERED UTC.

citdog
May 30th, 2014, 01:03 PM

furman sucks.

even when they are good.

smallcollegefbfan
June 2nd, 2014, 09:57 AM
PRESEASON DEFENSIVE BACKS AWARD WATCH LIST
Matthew Steinbeck, Bucknell
Mike Armiento, Colgate
Michael Turner, Cornell
Jourdan Wickliffe, Eastern Illinois
Ian Williams, Fordham
Jairus Hollman, Furman
Norman Hayes, Harvard
Taylor Thompson, Houston Baptist
Dean Marlowe, JMU
Matt Smalley, Lafayette
Jacob Hagen, Liberty
Zach Adler, Marist
Caleb Schaffitzel, Missouri State
Matt Hermanson, Montana
Avery Boykin, MVSU
Christian Dudzik, North Dakota State
Colten Heagle, North Dakota State
Ray Mitchell, Northern Iowa
Imoan Claiborne, Northwestern State
Anthony Gaffney, Princeton
Gordon Hill, Sacred Heart
J.D. Roussel, Sacred Heart
Lorenzo Jerome, Saint Francis U
DaQuan Minter, Saint Francis U
Jaquiski Tartt, Samford
Harlan Miller, Southeastern Louisiana
Marice Sutton, Southeastern Louisiana
Je Ryan Butler, South Dakota State
Chris Atkins, Stetson
Donald Payne, Stetson
Davonte Anderson, Stony Brook
Daniel Fitzpatrick, Tennessee State
De’Ante Saunders, Tennessee State
Donnell Lewis, Towson
Steven Thames, UNH
Cameron McCurry, Villanova
Martinez Davis, Western Illinois
Cole Champion, Yale

PaladinFan
June 2nd, 2014, 10:16 AM
Glad to see Hollman on that list. Hollman is probably not as pure a defensive back as some of the others, and is technically listed as a "nickle" on Furman's roster. That kid just makes plays all over the field though.

Was really surprised pulling up his numbers for 2013. Spent time at a bunch of different positions, but picked up over 100 tackles, 11.5 TFL, and 3 picks. Tough guy to scheme around.

smallcollegefbfan
June 2nd, 2014, 10:24 AM
Biggest snubs

CB
Tye Smith, Towson- Really shocked by this one because I view him as a top 4 CB in FCS.
Darrin Marrow, Norfolk State- Another huge shock because he is a top 5 CB in FCS.
Deonte Flowers, Montana State
James Bradberry, Samford
Denzel Rice, Coastal Carolina

S
Julien David, Howard
Christian Carpenter, Towson
Keenan Lambert, Norfolk State
Dontae McCoy, Illinois State
Tevin McDonald, Eastern Washington

smallcollegefbfan
June 2nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Glad to see Hollman on that list. Hollman is probably not as pure a defensive back as some of the others, and is technically listed as a "nickle" on Furman's roster. That kid just makes plays all over the field though.

Was really surprised pulling up his numbers for 2013. Spent time at a bunch of different positions, but picked up over 100 tackles, 11.5 TFL, and 3 picks. Tough guy to scheme around.

Between he and Marcus McMorris I think you have two very good defenders in the back 7. McMorris should have been All-SoCon.

smallcollegefbfan
June 2nd, 2014, 11:04 AM
Derrick Lott wasn't starting in the spring. Don't know whether he will get that spot back on the fall or not. Danny Ring is pretty good.

If Lott doesn't start then I'm not sure that is good or bad. I would be shocked if he isn't starting though. He and Derrick Tull are your best players. Depending on how bad the off the field issues truly are with Lott, he has the potential to get drafted. If the voting for the NFL Combine were held today, I truly believe that Lott and Tull both would get invites.

PaladinFan
June 2nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
Between he and Marcus McMorris I think you have two very good defenders in the back 7. McMorris should have been All-SoCon.

Hollman is a bit of a chamelon out there. Our other safety, Trey Robinson, has the potential to be one of the Furman greats.

Furman should have a very stout defense in 2014. No weak links anywhere and plenty of depth. Probably the best unit we've had since 2003.

BEAR
June 2nd, 2014, 06:52 PM
#90 Jonathan Woodard
Defensive End
6'6"
Junior
Brentwood, Tenn.

rated #19 DE in the 2015 draft. He's only a junior so he will have 2 more years to develop. I watched him run down a receiver in one of the spring games. He's very fast. Unless he gets hurt I bet one of those scouts at the games and practices will pitch him pretty hard to an NFL team.

FUBeAR
June 3rd, 2014, 03:20 AM
Since Stetson had 2 players named to the lists, I'm guessing PFL/Former PFL players are eligible. So, I'll throw out, FWIW, some names of Mercer players that, perhaps, should have been and/or may be considered before the end of the 2014 Season

Tackles
Sacks
Pass Def

Fumbles

DEFENSIVE LEADERS
GP
Solo
Ast
Total
TFL-Yds
No-Yds
Int-Yds
BU
PD
Qbh
Rcv-Yds
FF
Kick
Saf

LB
Tyler Ward

DB
Alex Avant

2-1TD

LB
Tosin Aguebor

Also, DB Zach Jackson - Transfer from TCU - made plays all over the field in the Mercer Spring Game

Ward, Aguebor, and Jackson will be R-SO's, Avant is a transfer from Tuskeegee and will be a RS-JR.

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2014, 06:03 AM
If Lott doesn't start then I'm not sure that is good or bad. I would be shocked if he isn't starting though. He and Derrick Tull are your best players. Depending on how bad the off the field issues truly are with Lott, he has the potential to get drafted. If the voting for the NFL Combine were held today, I truly believe that Lott and Tull both would get invites.

What off field issues are you talking about?

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
#90 Jonathan Woodard
Defensive End
6'6"
Junior
Brentwood, Tenn.

rated #19 DE in the 2015 draft. He's only a junior so he will have 2 more years to develop. I watched him run down a receiver in one of the spring games. He's very fast. Unless he gets hurt I bet one of those scouts at the games and practices will pitch him pretty hard to an NFL team.

I know you probably don't mean it like that but it reads as if he's officially the #19 DE in the NFL Draft, according to NFL teams. I know one website has him rated fairly high among junior ends but those things will change a lot. I'm guessing you got that grade off CBS Sports? If you notice every year they rate some small schoolers up real high just to test and see who all copies them. I know this year they had Daniel Fitzpatrick up there but have been dropping him. Some of the more reputable sites do that stuff early because 1) it does not matter since so much will change and 2) to see who all copies.

With all that said, I do think Woodard is probably the top junior end in FCS at this point. He's had a very good career.

- - - Updated - - -

Since Stetson had 2 players named to the lists, I'm guessing PFL/Former PFL players are eligible. So, I'll throw out, FWIW, some names of Mercer players that, perhaps, should have been and/or may be considered before the end of the 2014 Season

Tackles
Sacks
Pass Def

Fumbles

DEFENSIVE LEADERS
GP
Solo
Ast
Total
TFL-Yds
No-Yds
Int-Yds
BU
PD
Qbh
Rcv-Yds
FF
Kick
Saf

LB
Tyler Ward

DB
Alex Avant

2-1TD

LB
Tosin Aguebor

Also, DB Zach Jackson - Transfer from TCU - made plays all over the field in the Mercer Spring Game

Ward, Aguebor, and Jackson will be R-SO's, Avant is a transfer from Tuskeegee and will be a RS-JR.

Of that group, Aguebor seems to be the one people around the Pioneer League like the most.

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2014, 08:35 AM
What off field issues are you talking about?

I don't know exactly what the reasons are for him leaving UGA so that's why I said that. I know he had an injury and was not starting. According to newspapers, he left for more playing time. There have been a lot of times that players give that reason but in reality they were asked to leave for a reason. I'm always skeptical with transfers for the simple reason that things could be worse than they appear on paper. As long as the only reason he left UGA is that he truly wanted more playing time and that his injury was just a minor thing, with no long term damage, then he should no doubt start and be fine.

You could argue that Tull and Lott should be the #1 rated DE and DT in FCS. I watched that UTM film from this past year and Lott was very good.

I know with Zach Kerr he had grade issues at Delaware and was not playing like he should. Kerr then failed some drug tests at the NFL Combine

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2014, 08:57 AM
I don't know exactly what the reasons are for him leaving UGA so that's why I said that. I know he had an injury and was not starting. According to newspapers, he left for more playing time. There have been a lot of times that players give that reason but in reality they were asked to leave for a reason. I'm always skeptical with transfers for the simple reason that things could be worse than they appear on paper. As long as the only reason he left UGA is that he truly wanted more playing time and that his injury was just a minor thing, with no long term damage, then he should no doubt start and be fine.

You could argue that Tull and Lott should be the #1 rated DE and DT in FCS. I watched that UTM film from this past year and Lott was very good.

I know with Zach Kerr he had grade issues at Delaware and was not playing like he should. Kerr then failed some drug tests at the NFL Combine

If anything they are usually asked to leave to free up a scholarship. In this case the Georgian coaches raved about him and said they wished he had stayed. I really don't think he is the best DT in FCS. He might be the best pro prospect but he hasn't shown quite that much on the field yet. You may be slightly overrating him and underrating josh freeman and Danny ring. Regardless of who starts the mocs have a whale of a 3 man rotation at dt. I do think full is the best DE in fcs and him along with keionta Davis who is ultra talented and really coming on and the senior toyvian brand, DE is just as strong as DT.

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2014, 09:02 AM
If anything they are usually asked to leave to free up a scholarship. In this case the Georgian coaches raved about him and said they wished he had stayed. I really don't think he is the best DT in FCS. He might be the best pro prospect but he hasn't shown quite that much on the field yet. You may be slightly overrating him and underrating josh freeman and Danny ring. Regardless of who starts the mocs have a whale of a 3 man rotation at dt. I do think full is the best DE in fcs and him along with keionta Davis who is ultra talented and really coming on and the senior toyvian brand, DE is just as strong as DT.

As long as the real reason is that UGA coaches wanted him to stay but he just wanted to play, then he is fine. I have seen coaches say publicly that they loved a player but behind closed doors told the truth. If that is the truth, and I don't know anything off the record to suggest that is not the truth, then he is fine.

He has been hurt too much and not had the resume of being #1 but he is the most talented I have seen. It's between him and Mau of Gardner-Webb for who is the most talented tackle. I don't have Lott rated as draftable right now purely because of the fact he hasn't been healthy consistently but if he is healthy and does what he should, then I have no doubt he will be an All-American in 2014.

You said "full". You mean Tull?

BEAR
June 3rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
I know you probably don't mean it like that but it reads as if he's officially the #19 DE in the NFL Draft, according to NFL teams. I know one website has him rated fairly high among junior ends but those things will change a lot. I'm guessing you got that grade off CBS Sports? If you notice every year they rate some small schoolers up real high just to test and see who all copies them. I know this year they had Daniel Fitzpatrick up there but have been dropping him. Some of the more reputable sites do that stuff early because 1) it does not matter since so much will change and 2) to see who all copies.

With all that said, I do think Woodard is probably the top junior end in FCS at this point. He's had a very good career. Of that group, Aguebor seems to be the one people around the Pioneer League like the most.

Yep. A two second search to see how they viewed him and cbs sports came up. Not too many other sites have much on the later class when you do a general search for them.

chattownmocs
June 3rd, 2014, 10:38 AM
Autocorrect

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2014, 02:30 PM
Yep. A two second search to see how they viewed him and cbs sports came up. Not too many other sites have much on the later class when you do a general search for them.

Just remember that the media is just guessing and could be very right or very wrong but the media rankings are by no means the "official" rankings of the NFL. There are 32 different team boards and thus no official ratings of the players. It's like Baskin Robbins where here we have 32 flavors. A top 15 pick by one team might be on the do not draft board of another while a 6th round pick for one team may have been rejected by another team.

BEAR
June 3rd, 2014, 04:56 PM
Just remember that the media is just guessing and could be very right or very wrong but the media rankings are by no means the "official" rankings of the NFL. There are 32 different team boards and thus no official ratings of the players. It's like Baskin Robbins where here we have 32 flavors. A top 15 pick by one team might be on the do not draft board of another while a 6th round pick for one team may have been rejected by another team.

Yeah but vanilla has traditionally been rated as most preferred...and Woodard is vanilla... so to speak. Its crazy how many scouts come to practices and scrimmages for him. I've seen scouts at games before and even a few during scrimmages, but at the last scrimmage of spring they were all huddled together on one side of the stadium conversing about Woodard. His rundown of that receiver made them all stand up. I'm not saying he's a first rounder...just that if he stays healthy he should be ONE of the top few DEs picked in the draft he goes in.

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2014, 09:39 PM
Yeah but vanilla has traditionally been rated as most preferred...and Woodard is vanilla... so to speak. Its crazy how many scouts come to practices and scrimmages for him. I've seen scouts at games before and even a few during scrimmages, but at the last scrimmage of spring they were all huddled together on one side of the stadium conversing about Woodard. His rundown of that receiver made them all stand up. I'm not saying he's a first rounder...just that if he stays healthy he should be ONE of the top few DEs picked in the draft he goes in.

He certainly has a shot but believe it or not you have another player getting strong looks who has a shot to get drafted with a big year. Woodard is a year down the road. I want to see him get stronger and bulk up. I just hope agents and media aren't getting in his ear telling him he is great and he thinks he has made it and starts to sandbag. It always happen as some small schoolers see their name rated high and then they are jinxed and have a bad year.

smallcollegefbfan
June 4th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Thought I would take a stab at who may be on the QB watch list. Anyone I'm missing who you guys feel are a big snub?

John Gibbs, Alcorn State, Jr.
Ryan Howard, Central Arkansas, Sr.
Matt Johnson, Charlotte, Soph.
Jacob Huesman, Chattanooga, Jr.
Alex Ross, Coastal Carolina, Jr.
Brett Nottingham, Columbia, Sr.
Dalyn Williams, Dartmouth, Jr.
Trent Hurley, Delaware, Sr.
Dillon Buechel, Duquesne, Soph.
Andrew Manley, Eastern Illinois, Sr.
Vernon Adams, Eastern Washington, Jr.
Mike Quinn, Elon, Sr.
Michael Nebrich, Fordham, Sr.
Reese Hannon, Furman, Jr.
Lucas Beatty, Gardner-Webb, Sr.
Conner Hempel, Harvard, Sr.
Greg McGhee, Howard, Sr.
Justin Arias, Idaho State, Sr.
Max Shortell, Jacksonville State, Sr.
Caleb Berry, Lamar, Sr.
Josh Woodrum, Liberty, Jr.
John Russ, Mercer, Soph.
Brandon Hill, Monmouth, Sr.
Jordan Johnson, Montana, Sr.
Carson Wentz, North Dakota State, Jr.
Sean Goldrich, New Hampshire, Jr.
Sawyer Kollmorgen, Northern Iowa, Jr.
Zach Adkins, Northwestern State, Sr.
Keiran McDonagh, Portland State, Jr.
Jerry Lovelocke, Prairie View A&M, Sr.
Quinn Epperly, Princeton, Sr.
Michael Strauss, Richmond, Sr.
Garrett Safron, Sacramento State, Sr.
RJ Noel, Sacred Heart, Soph.
Austin Sumner, South Dakota State, Sr.
Bryan Bennett, Southeastern Louisiana, Sr.
Ronald Butler, Tennessee State, Soph.
Eric Hoffman, Valparaiso, Sr.
John Robertson, Villanova, Jr.
Trenton Norvell, Western Illinois, Soph.

lionsrking2
June 4th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Not sure I'd categorize him as a big snub, but Nicholls State's, Tuskani Figaro, deserves strong consideration. As a true freshman last year, he rushed for over 1,100 yards and passed for another 1135 in only 8 starts. IMO, he was the most dangerous QB we faced last year ... he'll only get better.

PaladinFan
June 5th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Again, Russ is a nice player. I am going to wait until I see him play against a legitimate defense before putting him among the top QBs in the country.

smallcollegefbfan
June 5th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Again, Russ is a nice player. I am going to wait until I see him play against a legitimate defense before putting him among the top QBs in the country.

He was the last QB I put on the list and I could have easily put the Nicholls State, UT Martin, or Tenn State QB on there.

PaladinFan
June 5th, 2014, 09:38 AM
He was the last QB I put on the list and I could have easily put the Nicholls State, UT Martin, or Tenn State QB on there.

Not taking anything away from him, I am just reserving judgment until I see what he does against Furman in week 2. If he torches the Paladins, I'll be the first to put him on the list.

BisonFan02
June 5th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Thought I would take a stab at who may be on the QB watch list. Anyone I'm missing who you guys feel are a big snub?

John Gibbs, Alcorn State, Jr.
Ryan Howard, Central Arkansas, Sr.
Brett Nottingham, Columbia, Sr.
Andrew Manley, Eastern Illinois, Sr.
Mike Quinn, Elon, Sr.
Reese Hannon, Furman, Jr.
Greg McGhee, Howard, Sr.
Caleb Berry, Lamar, Sr.
John Russ, Mercer, Soph.
Brandon Hill, Monmouth, Sr.
Keiran McDonagh, Portland State, Jr.
Ronald Butler, Tennessee State, Soph.
Eric Hoffman, Valparaiso, Sr.

Thumbs up on having Wentz on there.....time will tell, but the athletic upside is tremendous.

PaladinFan
June 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Just realized Furman faces four of those QBs this season, and that doesn't even include the Samford kid and Arizona State transfer. Good thing we have one on the list.

Gah.

smallcollegefbfan
June 5th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Thumbs up on having Wentz on there.....time will tell, but the athletic upside is tremendous.

It's a projection but when he played he certainly did well. Should definitely be a guy to watch. This is my list and not the CFPA list. Will be interesting to see how many names are different.

clenz
June 5th, 2014, 04:14 PM
It's a projection but when he played he certainly did well. Should definitely be a guy to watch. This is my list and not the CFPA list. Will be interesting to see how many names are different.
So you'll add a guy who has thrown 46 career passes over 2 years but not a guy who is a proven player in Jake Farley who averaged 11.2 tackles per game last season before a broken leg and was 4th on the team in 2012 in tackles with 85?

You're list to do what you want with...but...something seems flawed there.

smallcollegefbfan
June 5th, 2014, 04:47 PM
So you'll add a guy who has thrown 46 career passes over 2 years but not a guy who is a proven player in Jake Farley who averaged 11.2 tackles per game last season before a broken leg and was 4th on the team in 2012 in tackles with 85?

You're list to do what you want with...but...something seems flawed there.

First of all, the CFPA lists are not mine. The QB list I posted was me projecting some names to watch for on the CFPA list. In reality, CFPA seems to put too many Patriot League, NEC, and Pioneer League names on their list. They make sure every league has at least a few reps on the list.

As for Farley, he is a very good player and the only reason I did not list him as a player I would add is because I only mentioned a couple of names. The names I mentioned as "should be added" had better resumes but still I was not saying Farley should not be on the list. I never said I wouldn't add Farley and you have to remember that there are a lot more proven LBs than their are QBs. Look at how many names on that QB list I posted is either entering their first year as a starter or split time last year.

Here is how the list would look if I only added those who have a strong resume already.

Greg McGhee, Howard, Sr.

Cocky
June 5th, 2014, 10:45 PM
First of all, the CFPA lists are not mine. The QB list I posted was me projecting some names to watch for on the CFPA list. In reality, CFPA seems to put too many Patriot League, NEC, and Pioneer League names on their list. They make sure every league has at least a few reps on the list.

As for Farley, he is a very good player and the only reason I did not list him as a player I would add is because I only mentioned a couple of names. The names I mentioned as "should be added" had better resumes but still I was not saying Farley should not be on the list. I never said I wouldn't add Farley and you have to remember that there are a lot more proven LBs than their are QBs. Look at how many names on that QB list I posted is either entering their first year as a starter or split time last year.

Here is how the list would look if I only added those who have a strong resume already.

Greg McGhee, Howard, Sr.

Shortell will be a backup. Eli Jenkins will most likely start or Christian LeMay. Eli may be the best QB in the FCS, I wouldn't trade him for any I've seen.

smallcollegefbfan
June 6th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Shortell will be a backup. Eli Jenkins will most likely start or Christian LeMay. Eli may be the best QB in the FCS, I wouldn't trade him for any I've seen.

Shortell is a returning all-OVC player but if Eli is better than him then you guys certainly are going to be in great shape! Maybe perhaps both should be on the list? I have found there are a few teams every year whose backup probably would be top 20-25 in FCS if they just started.

chattownmocs
June 6th, 2014, 06:29 AM

but Christian lemay might start over him..... hahahahaha

Cocky
June 6th, 2014, 08:14 AM
but Christian lemay might start over him..... hahahahaha

Hasnt passed him yet but if he does LeMay has to be real good.

Cocky
June 6th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Shortell is a returning all-OVC player but if Eli is better than him then you guys certainly are going to be in great shape! Maybe perhaps both should be on the list? I have found there are a few teams every year whose backup probably would be top 20-25 in FCS if they just started.

Comimg out of spring Shortell was third string.

smallcollegefbfan
June 6th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Comimg out of spring Shortell was third string.

If he indeed doesn't play this year then you guys have a lot of depth at QB. I'm always hesitant to put a lot of stock in the spring depth charts since many players either transfer, don't make the grades, are injured, or the coaches are making a statement to a player. If indeed he is 3rd string in late August then we know for sure something is up.

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2014, 12:47 PM
PRESEASON QUARTERBACK AWARD WATCH LIST
Jacob Huesman, Chattanooga
Alex Ross, Coastal Carolina
Dalyn Williams, Dartmouth
Trent Hurley, Delaware
Jared McClain, Eastern Kentucky
VERNON ADAMS, EASTERN WASHINGTON*
Mike Quinn, Elon
Michael Nebrich, Fordham
Conner Hempel, Harvard
Peter Pujals, Holy Cross
Greg McGhee, Howard
Justin Arias, Idaho State
Blake Winkler, Illinois State
Trent Brittain, Incarnate Word
Eli Jenkins, Jacksonville State
DREW REED, LAFAYETTE*
Caleb Berry, Lamar
Josh Woodrum, Liberty
John Russ, Mercer
Jordan Johnson, Montana
Tuskani Figaro, Nicholls State
SAWYER KOLLMORGEN, NORTHERN IOWA*
Zach Adkins, Northwestern State
Kieran McDonagh, Portland State
Jerry Lovelocke, Prairie View A&M
Quinn Epperly, Princeton
Michael Strauss, Richmond
Garrett Safron, Sacramento State
RJ Noel, Sacred Heart
Austin Sumner, South Dakota State
Bryan Bennett, Southeastern Louisiana
Ronald Butler, Tennessee State
Benjamin Anderson, UAPB
Sean Goldrich, UNH
Dylan Favre, UT-Martin
JOHN ROBERTSON, VILLANOVA*
*Returning CFPA winner.

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2014, 12:49 PM
The top snubs from what I could see would be:

Andrew Manley, EIU- Transfer who has not played in FCS yet
Matt Johnson, Charlotte- They are independent this year
Carson Wentz, North Dakota State- Has not started yet but should be a good one
Trenton Norvell, Western Illinois
Brandon Hill, Monmouth
Lucas Beatty, Gardner-Webb
Dillon Buchel, Duquesne

NoDak 4 Ever
June 9th, 2014, 12:51 PM
The top snubs from what I could see would be:

Andrew Manley, EIU- Transfer who has not played in FCS yet
Matt Johnson, Charlotte- They are independent this year
Carson Wentz, North Dakota State- Has not started yet but should be a good one
Trenton Norvell, Western Illinois
Brandon Hill, Monmouth
Lucas Beatty, Gardner-Webb
Dillon Buchel, Duquesne

I'm not worried about Carson. Nobody is going to make us forget Brock Jensen but we also said that about Steve Walker. Wentz is a stud and I cannot wait to see what he can do week in and week out.

He will be on that list at the end of the year.

PaladinFan
June 9th, 2014, 01:01 PM
How the Mercer kid makes it on the list and not Reece Hannon seems an egregious oversight.

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I'm not worried about Carson. Nobody is going to make us forget Brock Jensen but we also said that about Steve Walker. Wentz is a stud and I cannot wait to see what he can do week in and week out.

He will be on that list at the end of the year.

Jensen was very good but from what I saw of Wentz, you would have won the national title with him as well. The only game I don't think you could have won with him last year was Kansas State. Jensen was great in that game and I think his experience and leadership put you over the top. He just doesn't make mistakes. I will be surprised if Wentz doesn't earn All-MVFC honors this year.

NDSU players outside of Jensen and Marcus Williams are underrated individually, in my opinion. I know NFL scouts from the spring were not very high on Crockett but I think Crockett is one of the top 5 RBs in FCS for this year. He just needs to improve as a blocker and be a more active receiver and he might right there with Zenner and Johnson.

smallcollegefbfan
June 9th, 2014, 01:41 PM
The RB list will be interesting. I know 90% of FCS fans know about Zach Zenner, David Johnson, and DaMarcus James but NDSU's John Crockett, Lafayette's Ross Scheuerman, YSU's Martin Ruiz, CCSU's Rob Hollomon, and UNH's Nico Steriti are some major talents to watch.

I also believe Keshaudas Spence of Sacred Heart, Quincy Forte of EWU, Tarik Cohen of EWU, Taylor Duncan of EIU, Christian Reyes of Charleston Southern, Shepard Little of EIU, Malcolm Agnew of SIU, Gus Johnson of SFA, Kristaan Ivory of Cal Poly, Marcus Coker of Stony Brook, Keon Williams of Chattanooga, Hank McCloud of Furman, Jordan Canada of Montana, Courtney Brown of PVAMU, and K.B. Asante of Monmouth are very good players.

The depth at RB this year is amazing.

FUBeAR
June 9th, 2014, 02:13 PM
How the Mercer kid makes it on the list and not Reece Hannon seems an egregious oversight.

Perhaps Hannon not making the list is an egregious oversight, but "the Mercer kid" being on the list is most likely, statistically, an independent, unrelated event.

There are 35 other QB's on that list. Just wondering why you would single out "the Mercer kid" as the implied cause for Hannon not making the list? By the way, I've been watching "the Mercer kid" play a lot of football since he was 16 years old. Trust me (or don't; your choice)..."The Mercer Kid" DESERVES to be on this list!

PaladinFan
June 9th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Perhaps Hannon not making the list is an egregious oversight, but "the Mercer kid" being on the list is most likely, statistically, an independent, unrelated event.

There are 35 other QB's on that list. Just wondering why you would single out "the Mercer kid" as the implied cause for Hannon not making the list? By the way, I've been watching "the Mercer kid" play a lot of football since he was 16 years old. Trust me (or don't; your choice)..."The Mercer Kid" DESERVES to be on this list!

I've seen a number of them play, including Russ. I've seen a number of them play that are not on the list and should be, like Beatty. Russ is a good player and a good athlete out of a good high school program. He's got a good offensive mind running the show there. However, I don't personally think on the scale of top quarterbacks in the FCS, that he is better than Hannon and a number of others that didn't make the list.

We can go back and forth on this all day. Hannon had substantially similar passing stats as Russ in fewer games against much tougher teams (I don't think that's debatable). I think that makes Hannon a better QB at this stage. Again, that's just my opinion.

I think the question of whether Russ belongs on the list will be answered this season, and will be answered quickly in week 2. If he tears up a defense as good as Furman's, I'll be the first in line to put him on the list. He will face a slate of defenses much tougher than anything he saw last season. He'll earn his spot on the list, or he won't. I'm quite sure Hannon will be there at season's end, though.

FUBeAR
June 9th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I've seen a number of them play, including Russ. I've seen a number of them play that are not on the list and should be, like Beatty. Russ is a good player and a good athlete out of a good high school program. He's got a good offensive mind running the show there. However, I don't personally think on the scale of top quarterbacks in the FCS, that he is better than Hannon and a number of others that didn't make the list.

We can go back and forth on this all day. Hannon had substantially similar passing stats as Russ in fewer games against much tougher teams (I don't think that's debatable). I think that makes Hannon a better QB at this stage. Again, that's just my opinion.

I think the question of whether Russ belongs on the list will be answered this season, and will be answered quickly in week 2. If he tears up a defense as good as Furman's, I'll be the first in line to put him on the list. He will face a slate of defenses much tougher than anything he saw last season. He'll earn his spot on the list, or he won't. I'm quite sure Hannon will be there at season's end, though.

OK - I wouldn't debate any of what you just said, but that still didn't answer my question. Why did you decide to single Russ out? Have you seen all 35 other QB's play enough to know (or believe) that Russ is the worst of the 36, so that he should NOT be on the list and Hannon should have had that spot? Whether or not Russ deserves to be on the list was my minor point (should have omitted it, I guess). It's just very curious to me why a Furman fan would, in reaction to seeing the list, choose to denigrate a fellow SoCon player in order to elevate 'his guy.' I mean, even the E*Loan QB is on there. Why not take a shot at him instead? :-)

PaladinFan
June 9th, 2014, 03:13 PM
OK - I wouldn't debate any of what you just said, but that still didn't answer my question. Why did you decide to single Russ out? Have you seen all 35 other QB's play enough to know (or believe) that Russ is the worst of the 36, so that he should NOT be on the list and Hannon should have had that spot? Whether or not Russ deserves to be on the list was my minor point (should have omitted it, I guess). It's just very curious to me why a Furman fan would, in reaction to seeing the list, choose to denigrate a fellow SoCon player in order to elevate 'his guy.' I mean, even the E*Loan QB is on there. Why not take a shot at him instead? :-)

I havn't dug in on everyone, and don't know where each of these players ranks 1-35. I probably shouldn't single out one player, but I also think that Hannon has (at this stage) is a better (or at least more accomplished) QB than Russ. So, using that as a baseline, my argument is not so much that Russ shouldn't be on there, but if he is on there, Hannon should be as well.

Joking aside, the Quinn kid at Elon is pretty good. 2600 yards, 17 touchdowns, 9 picks. A lot of that is the system. He also does not play defense, which is what truly makes Elon so bad. Can be a pretty good QB and still lose a lot of games when your defense gives up nearly 470 yards per game.

citdog
June 9th, 2014, 03:23 PM

Let Russ EARN his place against the higher level of competition he will play this season. Both the Elon Qb and the vermin scum have earned theirs at that level.

FUBeAR
June 9th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I havn't dug in on everyone, and don't know where each of these players ranks 1-35. I probably shouldn't single out one player, but I also think that Hannon has (at this stage) is a better (or at least more accomplished) QB than Russ. So, using that as a baseline, my argument is not so much that Russ shouldn't be on there, but if he is on there, Hannon should be as well.

Joking aside, the Quinn kid at Elon is pretty good. 2600 yards, 17 touchdowns, 9 picks. A lot of that is the system. He also does not play defense, which is what truly makes Elon so bad. Can be a pretty good QB and still lose a lot of games when your defense gives up nearly 470 yards per game.

Yep - it's gonna be a very interesting year for me, unless the Bears do as 99.99% of non-Mercer SoCon fans expect, and respectfully take their big whippings vs. every SoCon team in 2014. Then....not so interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ&t=0m12s

citdog
June 9th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Yep - it's gonna be a very interesting year for me, unless the Bears do as 99.99% of non-Mercer SoCon fans expect, and respectfully take their big whippings vs. every SoCon team in 2014. Then....not so interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ&t=0m12s

I think you will beat western and give vmi all they can handle. You will hang around with most of the other squads. We ALL have much respect for your Coach. He doesn't know HOW to fail.

dudeitsaid
June 9th, 2014, 03:41 PM
The RB list will be interesting. I know 90% of FCS fans know about Zach Zenner, David Johnson, and DaMarcus James but NDSU's John Crockett, Lafayette's Ross Scheuerman, YSU's Martin Ruiz, CCSU's Rob Hollomon, and UNH's Nico Steriti are some major talents to watch.

I also believe Keshaudas Spence of Sacred Heart, Quincy Forte of EWU, Tarik Cohen of NC A&T, Taylor Duncan of EIU, Christian Reyes of Charleston Southern, Shepard Little of EIU, Malcolm Agnew of SIU, Gus Johnson of SFA, Kristaan Ivory of Cal Poly, Marcus Coker of Stony Brook, Keon Williams of Chattanooga, Hank McCloud of Furman, Jordan Canada of Montana, Courtney Brown of PVAMU, and K.B. Asante of Monmouth are very good players.

The depth at RB this year is amazing.

FIFY

I was getting excited about seeing another standout RB on our roster I hadn't hear about!

That being said, I think Forte has three or four RB's behind him that could make some noise this year too.

PaladinFan
June 9th, 2014, 04:17 PM

Nobody knows what to expect from the Bears this season, but I would bet you could not purchase the experience those players will gain. I think they put together a schedule that will be overwhelming at times, but also have some winnable games and a couple gimmees in there. Good mix of character building and confidence building.

The biggest problem this season is probably not talent, but depth. I understand Mercer will still be at a significant scholarship disadvantage (just in terms of numbers of players). I think that will be their biggest Achilles heel this year. As you see in most FCS v. FBS games, it is just hard to match up player for player for four quarters when they have more guys than you do.

Perhaps most dangerous is they know they are the underdog. Mercer is not used to losing. They are used to surprising teams. They have a coach that knows exactly what the SoCon looks like and is very familiar with the entire conference (even the new comers). I am 100% confident Bobby Lamb is going to throw the kitchen sink at the Paladins in week 2. I am also just as confident that Bruce Fowler knows that too.

smallcollegefbfan
June 16th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I have not seen a full RB list yet but CFPA did the RB list today. If anyone gets the full list, please post. CFPA doesn't put them on their website, which I hope they soon do.

smallcollegefbfan
June 16th, 2014, 12:17 PM
CFPA RB Watch List- Partial List
Here are the names I have gotten so far.

JJ Jude, Eastern Kentucky, Soph.
Hank McCloud, Furman, Sr.
Juanne Blount, Gardner-Webb, Sr.
Paul Stanton, Harvard, Jr.
B.J. Kelly, Houston Baptist, Soph.
Broderick Reeves, Incarnate Word, Soph.
Nico Steriti, New Hampshire, Sr.
Zach Zenner, South Dakota State, Sr.
Vinny Miller, The Citadel, Jr.
Darius Victor, Towson, Soph.
David Johnson, UNI, Sr.

clenz
June 16th, 2014, 12:30 PM

Zach Zenner, North Dakota State, Sr.
David Johnson, UNI, Sr.
xlolx

Kemo
June 16th, 2014, 12:43 PM

David Johnson, UNI, Sr.

xoopsx

dewey
June 16th, 2014, 12:50 PM

David Johnson, UNI, Sr.

Last time I checked ZZ played for South Dakota State University:D I will take John Crockett over ZZ top any day of the week.

Dewey

smallcollegefbfan
June 16th, 2014, 01:08 PM
xlolx

Sorry about that. That would be breaking news of a transfer like that.

With that said, I can't disagree with Bison fans. I think Crockett is a slightly better player, just hasn't quite had the stats Zenner has. Sumner throws the ball to Zenner a good bit out of the backfield, something Jensen didn't do much with Crockett, but he is a little faster and stronger than Zenner.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 16th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Sorry about that. That would be breaking news of a transfer like that.

With that said, I can't disagree with Bison fans. I think Crockett is a slightly better player, just hasn't quite had the stats Zenner has. Sumner throws the ball to Zenner a good bit out of the backfield, something Jensen didn't do much with Crockett, but he is a little faster and stronger than Zenner.

The thing I noticed real early about Crockett is that he has very good moves. He can get through a hole that isn't terribly big using his quickness. He also seems to have a bit longer stride. Plus, he is also a really good kid. I love his attitude.

dpeabody
June 16th, 2014, 03:13 PM
What about JC Baker from Western Illinois? 1149 yards on the ground and 5.3 yards/rush in his first year in the system. He has to be on the RB watch list.

dewey
June 16th, 2014, 04:22 PM
John Crockett has been added to the CFPA Running Back Watch List.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/6/16/FB_0616145654.aspx

CHARLESTON, S.C. - North Dakota State running back John Crockett (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5719) was named to the 2014 College Football Performance Awards (CFPA) watch list announced Monday, June 16.

The initial watch list includes 38 returning players, vying for the top running back award in the Football Championship Subdivision. All players are eligible for awards at their respective positions; players are not preemptively eliminated from consideration.

Crockett, a senior from Minneapolis, Minn., has charted back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons in his first two years at North Dakota State. He ran for 1,277 yards and 11 touchdowns while averaging 6.7 yards per carry in 15 games last year. He led the Bison with 1,599 all-purpose yards and 106.6 yards per game.

Crockett joins free safety Christian Dudzik (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5726), strong safety Colten Heagle (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5743), defensive end Kyle Emanuel (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5728) and linebacker Carlton Littlejohn (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5756) on the 2014 CFPA Watch List.

Two former NDSU stars have earned CFPA honors: John Prelvitz (CFPA Punter Award) and Marcus Williams (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4602) (CFPA Defensive Back Award).

The goal of College Football Performance Awards is to provide the most scientifically rigorous conferments in college football. Recipients are selected exclusively based upon objective scientific rankings of the extent to which individual players increase the overall effectiveness of their teams. Twenty-eight CFPA winners have been first-round NFL Draft selections.

Last season, Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston earned the CFPA National Performer of the Year Trophy for the FBS, while Eastern Washington quarterback Vernon Adams earned the CFPA FCS National Performer of the Year Trophy.

CFPA Trophy winner and former South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was the first overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft.

The full list of 2014 CFPA winners will be announced January 14, 2015.

CFPA Running Back Watch List
Omar Osbourne, Albany
Rob Hollomon, Central Connecticut State
Christian Reyes, Charleston Southern
Keon Williams, Chattanooga
Vinny Miller, The Citadel
Shepard Little, Eastern Illinois
JJ Jude, Eastern Kentucky
Quincy Forte, Eastern Washington
Hank McCloud, Furman
Juanne Blount, Gardner-Webb
Paul Stanton Jr., Harvard
B.J. Kelly, Houston Baptist
Anthony Philyaw, Howard
Broderick Reeves, Incarnate Word
DaMarcus James, Jacksonville State
Ross Scheuerman, Lafayette
Kade Harrington, Lamar
Payton Usher, Mercer
Kwabena Asante, Monmouth
Jordan Canada, Montana
Tarik Cohen, North Carolina A&T
John Crockett (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5719), North Dakota State
David Johnson, Northern Iowa
Courtney Brown, Prairie View A&M
Keshaudas Spence, Sacred Heart
ZACH ZENNER, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
DeMichael Jackson, Southeast Missouri
Malcolm Agnew, Southern Illinois
Gus Johnson, Stephen F. Austin
Marcus Coker, Stony Brook
Darius Victor, Towson
Gabe Manzanares, UC Davis
Nico Steriti, New Hampshire
Kevin Monangai, Villanova
J.C. Baker, Western Illinois
Mikal Abdul-Saboor, William & Mary
TYLER VARGA, YALE*
Martin Ruiz, Youngstown State

*Returning CFPA winners

smallcollegefbfan
June 16th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Glad to see the whole list was found. There are only a few names I would suggest are big snubs. Ivory ran for over 1100 yards and Duncan ran for almost 900 yards and had 10 TDs. Those two two snubs that really shock me. The others are names you could argue either way. I think Abdullah will have a big season. Van is a very good player who would run for over 1000 yards if he didn't have to split time.

Kristaan Ivory, Cal Poly, Sr.
Taylor Duncan, Eastern Illinois, Sr.
Khalid Abdullah, James Madison, Soph.
Travon Van, Montana, Sr.
Justin Taylor, South Carolina State, Soph.

smallcollegefbfan
June 16th, 2014, 05:48 PM
What about JC Baker from Western Illinois? 1149 yards on the ground and 5.3 yards/rush in his first year in the system. He has to be on the RB watch list.

He is on it.

smallcollegefbfan
June 16th, 2014, 05:51 PM
The WR list should be interesting. I would think the following players will definitely be on it.

Dezmin Lewis, Central Arkansas
Michael Johnson, Delaware
Milton Williams, Delaware St
Adam Drake, EIU
Keiondre Gober, EIU
Cooper Kupp, EWU
Sam Ajala, Fordham
Tebucky Jones, Fordham
Kenny Cook, GWU
Andrew Robustelli, Jacksonville
Darrin Peterson, Liberty
Neal Sterling, Monmouth
Ellis Henderson, Montana
RJ Harris, UNH
Kenny Golladay, North Dakota
Zach Vraa, NDSU
Kasey Closs, Portland St
Stephen Barnette, Richmond
DeAndre Carter, Sac St
Jason Scheider, SDSU
Tyler Boyd, SFA
Spencer Wilkins, Towson
Tre McBride, W&M

dpeabody
June 16th, 2014, 06:47 PM
He is on it.

Yeah that was before the list was out. But i was also interested in opinions on his play and prospects for this season.

813Jag
June 16th, 2014, 07:44 PM
The WR list should be interesting. I would think the following players will definitely be on it.

Adam Drake, EIU
Keiondre Gober, EIU
Cooper Kupp, EWU
Sam Ajala, Fordham
Tebucky Jones, Fordham
Kenny Cook, GWU
Darrin Peterson, Liberty
Neal Sterling, Monmouth
Ellis Henderson, Montana
RJ Harris, UNH
Zach Vraa, NDSU
Kasey Closs, Portland St
DeAndre Carter, Sac St
Jason Scheider, SDSU
Tyler Boyd, SFA
Spencer Wilkins, Towson
Tre McBride, W&M
Here's a few SWAC names to look out for: Zach Pendleton, Jackson State, Julian Stafford, MVSU, and Willie Quinn from Southern. Not saying they should be on the list now but I think those three are tops in the league at this point.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

smallcollegefbfan
June 17th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Here's a few SWAC names to look out for: Zach Pendleton, Jackson State, Julian Stafford, MVSU, and Willie Quinn from Southern. Not saying they should be on the list now but I think those three are tops in the league at this point.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

Pendleton was a senior last year. He worked out at the Jackson State pro day. The SWAC will surely have at least 1 or 2 names on the list so I'm sure Stafford will be one, I have seen him. Quinn was in the shadows of Doss last year so he should have a big year, as long as the new QB is able to get the ball to him.

kdinva
June 17th, 2014, 12:52 PM

Adam Drake, EIU
Keiondre Gober, EIU
Cooper Kupp, EWU
Sam Ajala, Fordham
Tebucky Jones, Fordham
Kenny Cook, GWU
Darrin Peterson, Liberty
Neal Sterling, Monmouth
Ellis Henderson, Montana
RJ Harris, UNH
Zach Vraa, NDSU
Kasey Closs, Portland St
DeAndre Carter, Sac St
Jason Scheider, SDSU
Tyler Boyd, SFA
Spencer Wilkins, Towson
Tre McBride, W&M

Watch for VMI's Sam Patterson......Matt Nicholson and Aaron Sanders are good, too (these two will make noise in 2015, if not this Fall).

813Jag
June 17th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Pendleton was a senior last year. He worked out at the Jackson State pro day. The SWAC will surely have at least 1 or 2 names on the list so I'm sure Stafford will be one, I have seen him. Quinn was in the shadows of Doss last year so he should have a big year, as long as the new QB is able to get the ball to him.
For some reason I thought Pendleton had more time left. I don't see anybody putting up Doss like numbers with a new QB at SU, but Quinn will make for a good security blanket.

BEAR
June 17th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I'm getting this thing autographed! Jonathan Woodard..UCA D.E. Future N.F.L. star!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpVCZfEIEAArgb6.jpg:large

McNeese72
June 17th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Damn, I've only seen one McNeese player named in these lists so far. We have no decent players so we are going to suck again this season.

BEAR
June 17th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Damn, I've only seen one McNeese player named in these lists so far. We have no decent players so we are going to suck again this season.

Here's your greatest player:

San D. Bagg

http://assets.clickmotive.com/Customers/K/KCWSPerformanceToyotaofLaVista/customerImage/SANDBAG1.jpg

McNeese72
June 17th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Here's your greatest player:

San D. Bagg

http://assets.clickmotive.com/Customers/K/KCWSPerformanceToyotaofLaVista/customerImage/SANDBAG1.jpg

He doesn't look like he can move very well. He is probably slow as hell.

;-)

Atouk
June 17th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I'm happy to see sophomore RB Anthony Philyaw make the list. 722 yards rushing (15 TDs) plus 15 catches for 188 yards (1 TD) as a freshman. Looking forward to seeing him develop over the next three seasons.

Philyaw joins junior DE Damon Gresham-Chisholm and senior QB Greg McGhee (last season's MEAC Offensive Player of the Year) as Howard Bison on the CFPA watch lists released thus far.

http://hubison.com/images/2013/10/19/rp_primary_4T4A4382.jpg

smallcollegefbfan
June 18th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Here are a few tight end names to keep an eye on for their list. I'm just listing the ones who I feel are a no brainer to be on for sure.

Faysal Shafaat, Chattanooga
Nick Boyle, Delaware
Jeff LePak, EIU
Matt Lengel, EKU
Dan Light, Fordham
R.J. Rickert, NAU
Harold Spears, New Hampshire
Kevin Vaadeland, NDSU
MyCole Pruitt, SIU
Will Tye, Towson
Nate Adams, Youngstown St

smallcollegefbfan
June 18th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Here are some OL names to keep an eye on.

OT
Chad Hamilton, CCU
Clay DeBord, EWU
Mason Halter, Fordham
Jermaine Barton, Illinois St
Ned Daryoush, Lehigh
Antoine Everett, McNeese St
Will Robinson, NCAT
Jamie Martinez, Sacred Heart
Domanic Wilson, SC St
Robert Myers, Tenn St
Jack Rummells, UNI

OG
Cole Caruthers, Central Ark
Collin Seibert, EIU
Trevor Poole, Montana
JP Flynn, Montana St
Zach Johnson, NDSU
Cornelius Edison, Portland St
Donald Jackson, SHSU

C
Nick Easton, Harvard
Max Holcombe, Jacksonville St
Robert Booker, Missouri St
Mike Coccia, New Hampshire
Austin Gund, Richmond
Ross Hall, Villanova

SU DOG
June 18th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I'm thinking that Samford has 2 OL that might be considered for lists later in the season. Kyle Champion, Sr. 6-4, 302 and Gunnar Bromelow, RS-Jr. 6-6, 274 who was our most athletic OL, but missed last year with an injury. Soph. Karel Hamilton at WR should be a possibility now after his terrific Fr. year.

BEAR
June 19th, 2014, 11:03 AM
This is why Cole Caruthers is one of my favorite players:

Cole Caruthers @CCaruthers71 · Jun 15 (https://twitter.com/CCaruthers71/status/478376472042668032) Somebody please tell me I was dreaming and didn't just see a commercial for a 1994 Razorback National Championship DVD. #LetItGo (https://twitter.com/hashtag/LetItGo?src=hash)

· May 24 (https://twitter.com/CCaruthers71/status/470390657836523521)
So much razorback garbage at Riverfest, I think I'm gonna be nauseous. #gobears (https://twitter.com/hashtag/gobears?src=hash)

xlolx

chattownmocs
June 19th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Must have been basketball. The closest the have come to a football national title was when clint stoerner stumbled and fumbled.

- - - Updated - - -
In at least 50 years that is.

dewey
June 19th, 2014, 11:16 AM

OT
Chad Hamilton, CCU
Clay DeBord, EWU
Mason Halter, Fordham
Ned Daryoush, Lehigh
Will Robinson, NCAT
Domanic Wilson, SC St
Robert Myers, Tenn St
Jack Rummells, UNI

OG
Collin Seibert, EIU
Trevor Poole, Montana
JP Flynn, Montana St
Zach Johnson, NDSU
Donald Jackson, SHSU

C
Nick Easton, Harvard
Austin Gund, Richmond
Ross Hall, Villanova

I would add the following players to your list.
2013 First Team All MVFC.
OL -- Robert Booker, Missouri State 6-3 315 So (2013). Ozark (Mo.) High

Here is a link.

http://www.valley-football.org/news/default/2013-14/7018/missouri-valley-football-announces-2013-all-conference-squad/

Dewey

smallcollegefbfan
June 19th, 2014, 11:52 AM
I would add the following players to your list.
2013 First Team All MVFC.
OL -- Robert Booker, Missouri State 6-3 315 So (2013). Ozark (Mo.) High

Here is a link.

http://www.valley-football.org/news/default/2013-14/7018/missouri-valley-football-announces-2013-all-conference-squad/

Dewey

Already did that. Read back over the list. Booker, Rummells, Johnson, and Barton were in my post and there is nobody else who was 1st or 2nd team All-MVFC returning, that I know of, from last year.

There are some OL in the MVFC that might make postseason lists who were snubbed from 2nd team last year. Some people like Matt Huffer of South Dakota and the other OT at SDSU is worth a mention as well, if you are going past the top 20 OL in FCS.

dewey
June 19th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Already did that. Read back over the list. Booker, Rummells, Johnson, and Barton were in my post and there is nobody else who was 1st or 2nd team All-MVFC returning, that I know of, from last year.

There are some OL in the MVFC that might make postseason lists who were snubbed from 2nd team last year. Some people like Matt Huffer of South Dakota and the other OT at SDSU is worth a mention as well, if you are going past the top 20 OL in FCS.

You are correct. I looked through the OT's and OG's and must have skimmed through the C's to quickly, DOH!

Dewey

smallcollegefbfan
June 19th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Here are some kickers, punters, and all-purpose specialists who I believe should definitely be on the list if 30 plus names are on the special teams lists as well.

KICKERS
Alex Catron, Coastal Carolina, Sr.
Anthony Prevost, Hampton, Soph.
Nick Aussieker, Illinois State, Sr.
Sean Decloux, Maine, Jr.
Brandon Jordi, Richmond, Jr.
Warren Handrahan, Samford, Soph.
Thomas Kinney, Southern Illinois, Sr.
John Carpenter, William & Mary, Sr.

PUNTERS
Chris Fraser, Cornell, Soph.
Eric Enderson, Delaware, Soph.
Hamish MacInnes, Jacksonville State, Jr.
Stephen Shaw, Montana, Jr.
Ben LeCompte, North Dakota State, Jr.
Kyle Loomis, Portland State, Sr.
Greg Peranich, Samford, Sr.
Cory Carter, Texas Southern, Jr.

ALL-PURPOSE
Rob Hollomon, Central Connecticut State, Sr.
Shepard Little, Eastern Illinois, Jr.
Ross Scheuerman, Lafayette, Sr.
Ellis Henderson, Montana, Jr.
Shawn Johnson, Montana State, Sr.
Antwan Eddie, Robert Morris, Sr.
Xavier Robertson, Southern Louisiana, Jr.
Tre McBride, William & Mary, Sr.

dewey
June 20th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Here are some kickers, punters, and all-purpose specialists who I believe should definitely be on the list if 30 plus names are on the special teams lists as well.

KICKERS
Alex Catron, Coastal Carolina, Sr.
Anthony Prevost, Hampton, Soph.
Nick Aussieker, Illinois State, Sr.
Sean Decloux, Maine, Jr.
Brandon Jordi, Richmond, Jr.
Warren Handrahan, Samford, Soph.
Thomas Kinney, Southern Illinois, Sr.
John Carpenter, William & Mary, Sr.

PUNTERS
Chris Fraser, Cornell, Soph.
Eric Enderson, Delaware, Soph.
Hamish MacInnes, Jacksonville State, Jr.
Ben LeCompte, North Dakota State, Jr.
Greg Peranich, Samford, Sr.
Cory Carter, Texas Southern, Jr.

ALL-PURPOSE
Rob Hollomon, Central Connecticut State, Sr.
Shepard Little, Eastern Illinois, Jr.
Ross Scheuerman, Lafayette, Sr.
Ellis Henderson, Montana, Jr.
Shawn Johnson, Montana State, Sr.
Antwan Eddie, Robert Morris, Sr.
Xavier Robertson, Southern Louisiana, Jr.
Tre McBride, William & Mary, Sr.

I hope to not sound like a home but I would also include NDSU'S Adam Keller.

He did not make the 2013 first, second or honorable mention teams but with UNI ' S kicker leaving I think he has a great chance to be first team all MVFC along with Kinney from SIU. Keller was first team kicker in 2012 so he has had recent success.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5750&path=football

2012 All-Missouri Valley Football Conference First Team
* 2012 September/October*Fred Mitchell*Award Winner
* 2012 MVFC Special Teams Player of the Week
* 2012*College Football Performance.com*Weekly H.M.
* Missouri Valley Football Conference Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
* MVFC Honor Roll

He was also 2013 preseason first team kicker in the MVFC.

http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/pages/16929947.php?contentType=4&contentId=13499612

Dewey

Houndawg
June 21st, 2014, 06:41 PM
I hope to not sound like a home but I would also include NDSU'S Adam Keller.

He did not make the 2013 first, second or honorable mention teams but with UNI ' S kicker leaving I think he has a great chance to be first team all MVFC along with Kinney from SIU. Keller was first team kicker in 2012 so he has had recent success.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5750&path=football

2012 All-Missouri Valley Football Conference First Team
* 2012 September/October*Fred Mitchell*Award Winner
* 2012 MVFC Special Teams Player of the Week
* 2012*College Football Performance.com*Weekly H.M.
* Missouri Valley Football Conference Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
* MVFC Honor Roll

He was also 2013 preseason first team kicker in the MVFC.

http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/pages/16929947.php?contentType=4&contentId=13499612

Dewey

I saw Kinney kick a 45 yarder that cleared the top of the uprights by at least ten feet.

smallcollegefbfan
June 23rd, 2014, 09:47 AM
Here is the WR list.

PRESEASON CFPA WIDE RECEIVER WATCH LIST
Tyrell Holmes, Central Connecticut
Lucas Shapiro, Cornell
William Morris, Davidson
Milton Williams III, Delaware State
Adam Drake, Eastern Illinois
Keiondre Gober, Eastern Illinois
COOPER KUPP, EASTERN WASHINGTON*
Sam Ajala, Fordham
Tebucky Jones, Jr., Fordham
Brian Wetzel, Fordham
Kenny Cook, Gardner-Webb
Reggie Begelton, Lamar
Mark Roberts, Lamar
Darrin Peterson, Liberty
Julian Burton, Missouri State
Neal Sterling, Monmouth
Ellis Henderson, Montana
Jamaal Jones, Montana
Zach Vraa, North Dakota State
Dimitri Stimphil, Northern Colorado
Kasey Closs, Portland State
Tobi Antigha, Presbyterian
DeAndre Carter, Sacramento State
Karel Hamilton, Samford
Reggie Bell, San Diego
Jason Schneider, South Dakota State
Willie Quinn, Southern University
Tyler Boyd, Stephen F. Austin
DJ Ward, Stephen F. Austin
Spencer Wilkins, Towson
R.J. Harris, New Hampshire
Karnorris Benson, Western Carolina
Tre McBride, William & Mary
Deon Randall, Yale

*Returning CFPA winner

smallcollegefbfan
June 23rd, 2014, 10:07 AM
Here are the top snubs from the CFPA list. In my opinion, Vereen was the biggest snub. In my opinion, he's better than any SWAC, Ivy League, Pioneer League, NEC, or SoCon player on the list.

Lenworth Lennon, Florida A&M, Sr.
Daniel Brown, James Madison, Sr.
Desmond Lawrence, North Carolina A&T, Sr.
Kenny Golladay, North Dakota, Jr.
Seth DeValve, Princeton, Sr.
Kevin Vereen, UNI, Sr.

PaladinFan
June 23rd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Here are the top snubs from the CFPA list. In my opinion, Vereen was the biggest snub. I am not shocked he didn't make it but I am surprised. He's better than any SWAC, Ivy League, Pioneer League, NEC, or SoCon player on the list.

Kevin Vereen, UNI, Sr.

Not a lot of great SoCon receivers this season. I do note that of the two on the list, they may have overlooked the guy that may end the season as the top SoCon pass catcher in Furman's Andrej Suttles.

The Suttles/Hamilton debate may be a good one by season's end. Different type players. I'm interested to see how Hamilton reacts to losing Kelsey Pope and Fabian Truss.

clenz
June 23rd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Add to the fact that Vreen may not be UNI's best WR...

However, he's most deserving of the list preseason

lionsrking2
June 23rd, 2014, 11:25 AM
Here are the top snubs from the CFPA list. In my opinion, Vereen was the biggest snub. In my opinion, he's better than any SWAC, Ivy League, Pioneer League, NEC, or SoCon player on the list.

Kevin Vereen, UNI, Sr.

Jeff Smiley, Southeastern Louisiana, deserves consideration ... would also keep an eye on Devante Scott once the season gets rolling. He was coming off ACL surgery last year and made some big plays for us late in the year ... had a breakout spring and poised for a big 2014.

smallcollegefbfan
June 23rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Not a lot of great SoCon receivers this season. I do note that of the two on the list, they may have overlooked the guy that may end the season as the top SoCon pass catcher in Furman's Andrej Suttles.

The Suttles/Hamilton debate may be a good one by season's end. Different type players. I'm interested to see how Hamilton reacts to losing Kelsey Pope and Fabian Truss.

Those two and Brown at Elon are the only ones I have on my list of "players to watch". They are three solid ones, just not elite level ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Add to the fact that Vreen may not be UNI's best WR...

However, he's most deserving of the list preseason

Owens is good as well but I really think Vereen should have been on here. His tape against NDSU was very impressive. UNI spreads the ball so much but he would be a 1,000 yard guy if he were in an offense like SFA.

smallcollegefbfan
June 23rd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Jeff Smiley, Southeastern Louisiana, deserves consideration ... would also keep an eye on Devante Scott once the season gets rolling. He was coming off ACL surgery last year and made some big plays for us late in the year ... had a breakout spring and poised for a big 2014.

I would definitely throw Smiley in there. He was like 2nd or 3rd on my board of those just outside that list of snubs I posted. He is better than at least 5-7 of those on the list as well.

I have heard that about Scott. He should have a good year. Just needs to do it consistently.

clenz
June 23rd, 2014, 11:50 AM
Those two and Brown at Elon are the only ones I have on my list of "players to watch". They are three solid ones, just not elite level ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Owens is good as well but I really think Vereen should have been on here. His tape against NDSU was very impressive. UNI spreads the ball so much but he would be a 1,000 yard guy if he were in an offense like SFA.
I, and most other uni fans, would with Brett Lemaster.

Missed last season though with an acl. However, he reports his 40 and vertical are better than they were pre injury (36 in vert and i dont remember the 40)

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

smallcollegefbfan
June 23rd, 2014, 01:43 PM
I, and most other uni fans, would with Brett Lemaster.

Missed last season though with an acl. However, he reports his 40 and vertical are better than they were pre injury (36 in vert and i dont remember the 40)

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

He is another good one. You have 3 very solid ones. I know Lemaster is more of a big play guy than Vereen. Vereen is a vertical threat who can go get the ball and has good hands. I watched 3 games and I can tell you Vereen will get a shot in the NFL. Lemaster will if he has a big year and stays healthy.

centennial
June 23rd, 2014, 02:19 PM
He is another good one. You have 3 very solid ones. I know Lemaster is more of a big play guy than Vereen. Vereen is a vertical threat who can go get the ball and has good hands. I watched 3 games and I can tell you Vereen will get a shot in the NFL. Lemaster will if he has a big year and stays healthy.
Do you think there is any chance anyone from NDSU gets drafted next season?

clenz
June 23rd, 2014, 03:31 PM
The issue is that UNI doesn't focus on one guy ever. If Sawyere were to focus on Vreen, Lemaster, or Owens they would easily be 1,000 yard and 13ish TD guys. That will never happen in the UNI system though

McNeese72
June 24th, 2014, 07:49 AM

OT
Chad Hamilton, CCU
Clay DeBord, EWU
Mason Halter, Fordham
Ned Daryoush, Lehigh
Will Robinson, NCAT
Domanic Wilson, SC St
Robert Myers, Tenn St
Jack Rummells, UNI

OG
Collin Seibert, EIU
Trevor Poole, Montana
JP Flynn, Montana St
Zach Johnson, NDSU
Donald Jackson, SHSU

C
Nick Easton, Harvard
Austin Gund, Richmond
Ross Hall, Villanova

This list can't be any good because there is a McNeese player on it. ;)

Doc

smallcollegefbfan
July 2nd, 2014, 01:20 PM
The CFPA 2014 Preseason Tight End watch list was released today. Here is the full list!

PRESEASON CFPA TIGHT END WATCH LIST
Brian Parker, Albany
Justin Henderson, Bethune-Cookman
Austin Fleming, Campbell
Faysal Shafaat, Chattanooga
Trey Huelskamp, Davidson
Nick Boyle, Delaware
Eric Saubert, Drake
Jeff LePak, Eastern Illinois
Dan Light, Fordham
Seth Cranfill, Gardner-Webb
Mike Estes, Gardner-Webb
Tyler Hamblin, Harvard
Kenneth Bibbins, Houston Baptist
Josh Cook, Idaho State
James O’Shaughnessy, Illinois State
Robert Brown, Mercer
Gannon Sinclair, Missouri State
Tiai Salanoa, Montana State
Nate Ingram, Morgan State
R.J. Rickert, NAU
Nathan Scruggs, NCCU
Kevin Vaadeland, North Dakota State
Braden Lehman, Northern Iowa
Ryan O’Malley, Penn
Hunter Westfall, Richmond
Chris Broadnax, Sacramento State
Shane Young, Sam Houston State
Kris Drummond, Savannah State
Temarrick Hemingway, South Carolina State
Jeremy Meyers, Southeastern Louisiana
MYCOLE PRUITT, SOUTHERN ILLINOIS*
Anthony Norris, Southern Utah
Will Tye, Stony Brook
Harold Spears, UNH
Michael Helms, Western Carolina
Nate Adams, Youngstown State

*Returning CFPA winner.

smallcollegefbfan
July 2nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
Based on the list here are the top snubs from my list.

Matt Lengel, Eastern Kentucky
Jamar Brown, Indiana State
Sean Fitzpatrick, Richmond

SU DOG
July 2nd, 2014, 05:38 PM

That is 2 outstanding receivers no doubt. Karel Hamilton will have no problem, because he has the ability to separate from defenders. He is 6-1 with tremendous leaping ability, and is very similar to Pope in his athleticism. From what I saw in the spring, Eubank has a much quicker release than Summerlin did, so that should help all of our receivers.
Both Suttles and Hamilton had over 100 yds receiving last year in that game. You are right PaladinFan, this will be interesting. I may be forgetting somebody, but I see these two as the best in the SoCon this season.

smallcollegefbfan
July 7th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Here is the placekicker watch list. Note that the Montana kicker has left school so he should not have been on here.

CFPA PLACEKICKER WATCH LIST

Nik Grau, Abilene Christian
Eddie Camara, Central Arkansas
Alex Catron, Coastal Carolina
William Will, Dayton
Benjamin Tesson, Drake
Austin Crimmins, Duquesne
Andrew Lloyd, Eastern Kentucky
John Gallagher, Elon
Chase Varnadore, FAMU
Michael Marando, Fordham
Anthony Prevost, Hampton
Nick Aussieker, Illinois State
Ryan Deising, Jackson State
Ryan Gralish, Lafayette
Alex Ball, Lamar
John Lunsford, Liberty
Sean Decloux, Maine
Tyler Zielenske, Mercer
Ben Worst, Montana
Adam Keller, North Dakota State
Nolan Bieck, Princeton
Chris Rogers, Sacred Heart
Lance Geesey, Saint Francis U
Luc Swimberghe, Sam Houston State
Warren Handrahan, Samford
David Last, San Diego
Justin Syrovatka, South Dakota State
Thomas Kinney, Southern Illinois
Jordan Wiggs, Stephen F. Austin
Eric Medina, Texas Southern
Brady Stuart, UC Davis
Jackson Redditt, UT Martin
Dillon Christopher, VMI
Richard Sigmon, Western Carolina
John Carpenter, William & Mary
Kyle Cazzetta, Yale

McNeese72
July 7th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Our kicking game sucks, too. :)

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2014, 03:23 PM
CFPA Punter Watch List came out today. Here are the names I can confirm so far.

David Bicknell, Harvard, Sr.
Lawrence Forbes, Morgan State, Soph.
Adam Lutz, Campbell, Sr.
Jon Martin, Albany, Soph.
Haiden McCraney, Alcorn State, Soph.
Jeffrey Ondish, Maine, Sr.
Brad Prasky, New Hampshire, Sr.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Ben LeCompte had 43.7 average but didn't end up in the statistics because his 3.46 ppg average was below the minimum 3.5

I'll take that problem any day.

BEAR
July 16th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Ben LeCompte had 43.7 average but didn't end up in the statistics because his 3.46 ppg average was below the minimum 3.5

I'll take that problem any day.

43.7......nice.

That tells me
1) Either your team scored on most possessions the punter was used on rare occasions when the backups were in.
2) your team failed to move the ball up the field and he had plenty of room to boot it
3) or since his attempts was low most likely #1 applied xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
July 16th, 2014, 04:01 PM
43.7......nice.

That tells me
1) Either your team scored on most possessions the punter was used on rare occasions when the backups were in.
2) your team failed to move the ball up the field and he had plenty of room to boot it
3) or since his attempts was low most likely #1 applied xnodx

He only had 52 punts in 15 games for 2270 yds. Here's the stat though. Only 21 total yards returned. That's kind of otherworldly.

BEAR
July 16th, 2014, 04:29 PM
He only had 52 punts in 15 games for 2270 yds. Here's the stat though. Only 21 total yards returned. That's kind of otherworldly.

Really nice special teams coverage for sure! The Bears had a year like that not long ago and I believe gave up around that. But I can't find the year it happened. I'll research it. But I'd guess it was when one of our kickers Eddie Carmona, now a kicker for the Raiders, was booming them high enough to let our defense get down field. He had a 70+ yard punt in one game. Here's a video of him kicking and making a 70 yard field goal...
(He transferred to Harding his senior year due to lack of eligibility)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OXH4ylCAlU

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Just got the full list.

CFPA Punter Watch List
Austin Kilcullen, Abilene Christian
Jon Martin, Albany
Haiden McCraney, Alcorn State
Ben Campbell, Austin Peay
Adam Lutz, Campbell
Nick Pollard, Chattanooga
Chris Fraser, Cornell
Eric Enderson, Delaware
Jake Miller, Eastern Washington
David Petroni, Elon
Johnathan Wallace, Grambling
Christian Faber-Kinney, Hampton
David Bicknell, Harvard
C.J. Reyes, Idaho State
CJ Laros, Illinois State
Darcy Williamson, Jackson State
Hamish MacInnes, Jacksonville State
Jeff Ondish, Maine
Jean Breaux, McNeese State
Stephen Shaw, Montana
Lawrence Forbes, Morgan State
Mitch Meindel, North Dakota
Ben LeCompte, North Dakota State
Logan Bieghler, Northern Iowa
KYLE LOOMIS, PORTLAND STATE*
Stephen Doar, Presbyterian
Lachlan Edwards, Sam Houston State
Greg Peranich, Samford
Ryan Belden, San Diego
Miles Bergner, South Dakota
Ethan Sawyer, South Dakota State
Nick Bruno, Stephen F. Austin
Cory Carter, Texas Southern
Jake Ryder, Towson
Colby Wadman, UC Davis
Brad Prasky, New Hampshire
James Satterfield, Tennessee-Martin
Josh Kealamakia, Weber State

*Returning CFPA winner

clenz
July 16th, 2014, 08:54 PM
UNI punting is horrendous.... How the hell?

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2014, 10:11 PM
UNI punting is horrendous.... How the hell?

They picked 38 punters. Believe it or not, based on returning punters, he probably is top 40 or so. A couple of the names they listed I did not know for sure would play this year. Glad to see the Weber State punter on roster. He's a good punter and one who many probably forgot.

smallcollegefbfan
July 22nd, 2014, 10:39 AM
The CFPA Kick Returner Watch List came out today.

2014 CFPA KICKOFF RETURNER AWARD
Jatavious Wilson, Central Arkansas
Rob Hollomon, Central Connecticut
Devin Brown, Coastal Carolina
Kirby Schoenthaler, Dartmouth
Devin Rahming, Duquesne
Shaq Hill, Eastern Washington
Kierre Brown, Elon
Jorge Solano, Fordham
Jorrian Washington, Hampton
Seitu Smith II, Harvard
Aaron Prier, Idaho State
Josh Burch, Illinois State
LeMonte Booker, Indiana State
Telvin Brown, Jacksonville State
Dejor Simmons, JMU
Matt Smalley, Lafayette
KEVIN JOHNSON, LAMAR*
Damarr Aultman, Maine
Khalil Thomas, McNeese State
Ellis Henderson, Montana
Shawn Johnson, Montana State
Brandon Bornhauser, Morehead State
Julian Stafford, MVSU
Marcus Alford, NAU
ADRIAN WILKINS, NCCU*
Ed Eagan, Northwestern State
Jeremiah McKie, Presbyterian
Justin Grant, Richmond
Lereginald Veals, Savannah State
XAVIER ROBERSON, SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA*
Tay Willis, Southern Illinois
Willie Quinn, Southern University
Derrick Joseph, Towson
Shamawn Wright, UC Davis
Dalton Crossan, UNH
Bo Bolen, Weber State
Tre McBride, William & Mary
Robert Clemons III, Yale
Andre Stubbs, Youngstown State
*Returning CFPA winner.

smallcollegefbfan
July 31st, 2014, 03:49 PM
2014 CFPA PUNT RETURNER AWARD
Alexander Jette, Brown
Jordan Hildreth, Campbell
Tommy Hudson, Chattanooga
Devin Rahming, Duquesne
Stanley Absanon, Eastern Kentucky
Kierre Brown, Elon
Terry Johnson, FAMU
Brian Wetzel, Fordham
J.J. Hubbard, Gardner-Webb
Anthony Warrum, Illinois State
Terrance Bryant, Jacksonville
KEVIN JOHNSON, LAMAR*
JT Palmer, Mercer
Ellis Henderson, Montana
Shawn Johnson, Montana State
Kevin Thompson, NCCU
ADRIAN WILKINS, NCCU*
Keith Johnson, Norfolk State
Christian Dudzik, North Dakota State
Ed Eagan, Northwestern State
Jeremiah McKie, Presbyterian
Antwan Eddie, Robert Morris
Tyler Dube, Sacred Heart
Anthony Abeid, Saint Francis U
Steven Murphy, South Carolina State
Je Ryan Butler, South Dakota State
Devante Scott, Southeastern Louisiana
LaSteven McKinney, Southern Illinois
Weldon Garlington, Tennessee State
Ladarius Vanlier, Tennessee Tech
Nick Cefalo, UNH
Poppy Livers, Villanova
Octavius Harden, Wofford
*Returning CFPA winner.

smallcollegefbfan
August 10th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I'm guessing the CFPA is not doing an offensive line watch list. Here is my guess at what the list of 38 names could look like, if they were to.

C Andrew Edouard, Bethune-Cookman
OG Cole Caruthers, Central Arkansas
OG Clayton Truitt, Charleston Southern
OT Chad Hamilton, Coastal Carolina
C Nick Borre, Eastern Illinois
OG Collin Seibert, Eastern Illinois
OT Clay DeBord, Eastern Washington
OT Mason Halter, Fordham
C Nick Easton, Harvard
OT Toree Boyd, Howard
OG Rocco Ammons, Illinois State
OT Jermaine Barton, Illinois State
OG Michael Liedtke, Illinois State
OG Jonathan Smith, Jackson State
C Max Holcombe, Jacksonville State
OT Ned Daryoush, Lehigh
OG Jonathan Burgess, Liberty
C Bruce Johnson, Maine
OT Antione Everett, McNeese State
OG Quentin Marsh, McNeese State
C Robert Booker, Missouri State
OG Trevor Poole, Montana
OG JP Flynn, Montana State
C Mike Coccia, New Hampshire
OT William Robinson, NC A&T
C Roy Garcia, Northern Arizona
OT Jacob Julian, Northern Arizona
OG Cornelius Edison, Portland State
OT Spenser Huston, Princeton
C Austin Gund, Richmond
OT Jaime Martinez, Sacred Heart
OG Donald Jackson, Sam Houston State
OT Domanic Wilson, SC State
OT Robert Myers, Tennessee State
OT Jack Rummells, UNI
OT Charles Sweeton, UT Martin
C Ross Hall, Villanova
OT Vince Kowalski, Villanova
C Andrew Jones, William & Mary

smallcollegefbfan
August 10th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Here are a few names on the OL who aren't being given much preseason hype but are worth a watch this season. I expect all of these guys to be on the postseason All-Conference teams.

OT Austin Sowell, Elon
OT Rob Bowman, UNH
OT Daniel Blitch, Charlotte
OT Jake Rodgers, Eastern Washington
OT Trevor Greger, South Dakota State
OT Matt Huffer, South Dakota
OT John Weidenaar, Montana State
OT Javarius Leamon, SC State
OT Me'Kale Carter, UAPB

BEAR
August 10th, 2014, 11:53 AM
If a player was listed as WR but did kick returns, would they not be part of the punt return award watch list? Or is punt and kick considered something separate from each other?

lionsrking2
August 10th, 2014, 12:13 PM
If a player was listed as WR but did kick returns, would they not be part of the punt return award watch list? Or is punt and kick considered something separate from each other?

Did the player return punts?

BEAR
August 10th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Did the player return punts?

Yes but returned more kick returns. He did WR, kick and punt returns. But he wasn't our main punt returner.

lionsrking2
August 10th, 2014, 01:04 PM
But he wasn't our main punt returner.

There's your answer.

smallcollegefbfan
August 12th, 2014, 03:21 PM
2014 CFPA ALL-PURPOSE PERFORMER OF THE YEAR WATCH LIST
Kristaan Ivory, Cal Poly
Jatavious Wilson, Central Arkansas
Rob Hollomon, Central Connecticut