PDA

View Full Version : Yankees "Losing Money" on #150???

ngineer
May 25th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I heard that the NY Yankees are 'perplexed' that they are unable to sell most of the suites and super boxes for #150. All tickets have been sold out per the allocation to both Lehigh and Lafayette (approximately 45,000). The remaining 10-11,000 tickets can only be accessed through the Yankees. They anticipated being able to sell many of the suites and super boxes to alumni of both schools; however, it so happens that most of the corporations that use the suites and super boxes are populated quite heavily at the top by alums of both schools who have simply 'reserved' them under their annual lease plan. I just like the irony of the Yankees losing out on making a 'killing' as opposed to getting their 'standard' rate from the existing clients.

citdog
May 25th, 2014, 09:15 PM
couldn't be happier. god damn jim leyritz

Bogus Megapardus
May 25th, 2014, 09:43 PM
most of the corporations that use the suites and super boxes are populated quite heavily at the top by alums of both schools who have simply 'reserved' them under their annual lease plan.

And they couldn't see this coming? I'd bet LFN's press pass that there's a Lafayette or Lehigh alum (or both) in top management at every single company that owns a lux box at Yankee Stadium. Also a lot of them are owned by big law and by wall street - which are swarming with Laf/Leh alums.

citdog
May 25th, 2014, 09:44 PM
And they couldn't see this coming? I'd bet LFN's press pass that there's a Lafayette or Lehigh alum (or both) in top management at every single company that owns a lux box at Yankee Stadium. Also a lot of them are owned by big law and by wall street - which are swarming with Laf/Leh alums.

1% SCUM

RichH2
May 25th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Since I am one of those guys in a private suite along with a bunch of friends and family, I am not surprised that alums and fans are getting boxes and suites via contacts. Doubt Stadium losing money,just irked that they might not make as they anticipated.

Go...gate
May 26th, 2014, 12:38 AM
couldn't be happier. god damn jim leyritz

I'm still AMAZED that he hit that home run.

Bogus Megapardus
May 26th, 2014, 12:49 AM
1% SCUM

Enjoy your suite at the Charleston River Dogs park. BTW how ironic is it that the River Dogs are a Yankees farm team?

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 12:54 AM

I'm still AMAZED that Mark Wohlers allowed himself to get beat on his 3rd pitch.

HoyaMetanoia
May 26th, 2014, 12:58 AM

Bahahahaha

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Enjoy your suite at the Charleston River Dogs park. BTW how ironic is it that the River Dogs are a Yankees farm team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Bogus Megapardus
May 26th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Bahahahaha

I think Metanoya might be a MplsBison clone. I'll have to look for that Annoying Orange graphic.

Repent!

caribbeanhen
May 26th, 2014, 10:02 AM

Braves victimized by the Launching Pad..... pop fly to LF

Lehigh Football Nation
May 26th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I heard that the NY Yankees are 'perplexed' that they are unable to sell most of the suites and super boxes for #150. All tickets have been sold out per the allocation to both Lehigh and Lafayette (approximately 45,000). The remaining 10-11,000 tickets can only be accessed through the Yankees. They anticipated being able to sell many of the suites and super boxes to alumni of both schools; however, it so happens that most of the corporations that use the suites and super boxes are populated quite heavily at the top by alums of both schools who have simply 'reserved' them under their annual lease plan. I just like the irony of the Yankees losing out on making a 'killing' as opposed to getting their 'standard' rate from the existing clients.

So you're trying to say that Lehigh and Lafayette alums are... smart? Who knew? xlolx

DFW HOYA
May 26th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I'd bet LFN's press pass that there's a Lafayette or Lehigh alum (or both) in top management at every single company that owns a lux box at Yankee Stadium.

Take the bet. Most of them are H-Y-P alums.

carney2
May 26th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Still doesn't explain why the additional 10,000 or so tickets have not been released.

RichH2
May 26th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Yanks are selling balance thru Stadium box office starting Sept.

Bogus Megapardus
May 26th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Take the bet. Most of them are H-Y-P alums.

Been there, worked there, 20 years. Lots of Harvard College/Harvard Law/Harvard MBA ("Trip H"), Notre Dame w/ Chicago/Booth MBA or Northwestern/Kellogg MBA or Notre Dame Law ("Double Domers"), Dartmouth or Brown w/Duke Law, Princeton Undergrad w/ Columbia Law/MBA or NYU Law/MBA, MIT/Sloan School, Fordham Law and Georgetown Law (both much more prevalent than Yale Law or Penn Law). Yale and Penn here and there but not what you might guess. Lafayette is represented way beyond proportion to the size of the school and there were probably two Lehigh alums for every Lafayette alum.

We had a lux box at Giants Stadium and at Shea Stadium and we shared a box at (old) Yankee Stadium. The Giants Stadium box was in my portfolio of responsibility and I held the key.

*Sigh* If only I had been their "peer" . . . . xrolleyesx

carney2
May 26th, 2014, 01:38 PM
afayette is represented way beyond proportion to the size of the school and there were probably two Lehigh alums for every Lafayette alum.

Probably because there are 7,100 students at Lehigh (4,900 undergrads + 2,100 graduate students) vs. 2,500 at Lafayette (all undergrad).

Bogus Megapardus
May 26th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Probably because there are 7,100 students at Lehigh (4,900 undergrads + 2,100 graduate students) vs. 2,500 at Lafayette (all undergrad).

Of course. That's exactly the reason.

carney2
May 26th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Of course. That's exactly the reason.

Just sayin'. Not sure that all that many on this board are aware of the size discrepancy of almost 3:1.

So, if you wander to your TV at about 3:30 on November 22nd remember to root for the little guy. It's the American way.

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Been there, worked there, 20 years. Lots of Harvard College/Harvard Law/Harvard MBA ("Trip H"), Notre Dame w/ Chicago/Booth MBA or Northwestern/Kellogg MBA or Notre Dame Law ("Double Domers"), Dartmouth or Brown w/Duke Law, Princeton Undergrad w/ Columbia Law/MBA or NYU Law/MBA, MIT/Sloan School, Fordham Law and Georgetown Law (both much more prevalent than Yale Law or Penn Law). Yale and Penn here and there but not what you might guess. Lafayette is represented way beyond proportion to the size of the school and there were probably two Lehigh alums for every Lafayette alum.

We had a lux box at Giants Stadium and at Shea Stadium and we shared a box at (old) Yankee Stadium. The Giants Stadium box was in my portfolio of responsibility and I held the key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CLc0IGstk

Bogus Megapardus
May 26th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Just sayin'. Not sure that all that many on this board are aware of the size discrepancy of almost 3:1.

So, if you wander to your TV at about 3:30 on November 22nd remember to root for the little guy. It's the American way.

But giving credit where it's due, there are indeed a lot of Lehigh alums in Big Law and Big Finance and Big Media and Big Corporate in New York City. Just as there are a disproportionate number of Lafayette alums.

And yes, everyone here obviously should be rooting for Lafayette in #150. We're the little guys, the underdog, the Humble Little College on the Hill.

Also Lehigh Sux.

van
May 26th, 2014, 03:24 PM

Some of us are well aware of the many disparities, Lafayette is little in so many ways.

Bogus Megapardus
May 26th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Some of us are well aware of the many disparities, Lafayette is little in so many ways.

Particularly well played, I must say. xbowx

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
May 26th, 2014, 08:16 PM
One of my favorite moments of the 1990s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogFY9L4I78

citdog
May 26th, 2014, 08:18 PM
One of my favorite moments of the 1990s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogFY9L4I78

At least Mark Wohlers never killed anyone.

Go...gate
May 26th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I'm still AMAZED that Mark Wohlers allowed himself to get beat on his 3rd pitch.

One of those times in Baseball where the far better team did not win. I don't know if the Braves got flat, or what. They should have won that World Series in five.

Go...gate
May 26th, 2014, 10:49 PM

Probably a few Colgate grads here or there, too. Agree that you see a lot more Fordham and Georgetown Law grads than Yale, though lots of Penn and Columbia as well. Might even be a few Dickinson School of Law alums, too. : )

Go...gate
May 26th, 2014, 10:52 PM
And my heart bleeds for the Yankees, it really does. xrolleyesx

RichH2
May 27th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Not PC to be snarky about any "haves"nowadays :) They are the chosen ones.

ngineer
May 27th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Since I am one of those guys in a private suite along with a bunch of friends and family, I am not surprised that alums and fans are getting boxes and suites via contacts. Doubt Stadium losing money,just irked that they might not make as they anticipated.

Oh, no question they still make money, just not at the rape amount.

citdog
May 27th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Not PC to be snarky about any "haves"nowadays :) They are the chosen ones.

No.....that's still US.....

Pard4Life
May 27th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Been there, worked there, 20 years. Lots of Harvard College/Harvard Law/Harvard MBA ("Trip H"), Notre Dame w/ Chicago/Booth MBA or Northwestern/Kellogg MBA or Notre Dame Law ("Double Domers"), Dartmouth or Brown w/Duke Law, Princeton Undergrad w/ Columbia Law/MBA or NYU Law/MBA, MIT/Sloan School, Fordham Law and Georgetown Law (both much more prevalent than Yale Law or Penn Law). Yale and Penn here and there but not what you might guess.

What do they all have in common?

All douchebags...

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/200908/douchy-colleges-list-brown-university-duke-harvard-princeton-nyu-notre-dame-vassar

- - - Updated - - -

I thought there were only 4-6000 tickets left?

walliver
May 27th, 2014, 09:18 PM

I remember when they were the "Rainbows".

citdog
May 27th, 2014, 09:21 PM
I remember when they were the "Rainbows".

I remember when they were the 'Royals'.