PDA

View Full Version : UND announces football schedule from 2016-2019

darell1976
May 12th, 2014, 04:05 PM
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=209494583

As for the non-conference schedule for those four seasons, UND has an open date in 2017 (Sept. 9), 2018 (Sept. 1) and four open dates in 2019 to fill.

Sept. 3
at Stony Brook

Sept. 10
at Bowling Green

Sept. 17
South Dakota

Sept. 24
at Montana State*

Oct. 1
Cal Poly*

Oct. 8
at Sacramento State*

Oct. 15
Southern Utah*

Oct. 22
at Idaho State*

Oct. 29
Weber State*

Nov. 5
at Northern Colorado*

Nov. 12
Bye

Nov. 19
Northern Arizona*

Aug. 31
at Utah

Sept. 9
Open

Sept. 16
at South Dakota

Sept. 23
Montana State*

Sept. 30
at UC Davis*

Oct. 7
Northern Colorado*

Oct. 14
at Montana*

Oct. 21
Sacramento State*

Oct. 28
at Portland State*

Nov. 4
at Southern Utah*

Nov. 11
Eastern Washington*

Sept. 1
Open

Sept. 8
Missouri State

Sept. 15
at Washington

Sept. 22
Idaho State*

Sept. 29
at Northern Colorado*

Oct. 6
Bye

Oct. 13
Montana*

Oct. 20
at Sacramento State*

Oct. 27
Weber State*

Nov. 3
at Montana State*

Nov. 10
Portland State*

Nov. 17
at Northern Arizona*

Aug. 31
Open

Sept. 7
Open

Sept. 14
Open

Sept. 21
Open

Sept. 28
at Eastern Washington*

Oct. 5
UC Davis*

Oct. 12
at Idaho State*

Oct. 19
at Cal Poly*

Oct. 26
Montana State*

Nov. 2
Bye

Nov. 9
at Weber State*

Nov. 16
Northern Colorado*

Nov. 23
Southern Utah*

*Big Sky Conference

Bold (Home Games)

2019 is a 12 game season

MplsBison
May 12th, 2014, 04:13 PM
2018 the game is in Fargo, 2019 the game is in Grand Forks - which works perfectly because that's a year where 12 games may be scheduled in FCS. Thus NDSU can play at an FBS team, play at UND and still get six home games.

Sadly, I fear such an obviously opportunity will be purposefully overlooked by Gene Taylor. He is the last vestige of the old era and all that stands in the way of the game being played again.

Silenoz
May 12th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Cue 50 NDSU-related posts

darell1976
May 12th, 2014, 04:17 PM
2018 the game is in Fargo, 2019 the game is in Grand Forks - which works perfectly because that's a year where 12 games may be scheduled in FCS. Thus NDSU can play at an FBS team, play at UND and still get six home games.

Sadly, I fear such an obviously opportunity will be purposefully overlooked by Gene Taylor. He is the last vestige of the old era and all that stands in the way of the game being played again.

By 2018 (or 19) the face of college football may look a whole lot different. Both teams may be exploring FBS, especially if there is a Super 5 split and perge of FCS teams (or conferences) moving up.

BisonFan02
May 12th, 2014, 04:21 PM

Cue 50 NDSU-related posts

No Mpls....but I'm not even sure why I waste my time with this one.

/end rant

centennial
May 12th, 2014, 04:34 PM
By 2018 (or 19) the face of college football may look a whole lot different. Both teams may be exploring FBS, especially if there is a Super 5 split and perge of FCS teams (or conferences) moving up.
NDSU will probably not be looking at the FBS. Almost no way UND will(stadium not big enough, attendance poor, not enough funding) + there is no league ready to accept NDSU. College football playoffs will make sure there aren't any dramatic changes. Once Sun Belt gets one more team, neither are there spots to move up. This is not SS where you equate NDSU football to UND football. Furthermore, I doubt we play a game till Gene Taylor is at NDSU. Majority of the younger and new bison football fans don't care about UND and there is no pressure to play that game from any of the alumni.

MplsBison
May 12th, 2014, 04:42 PM
With all the success that NDSU athletics is having, isn't it time for Gene Taylor to move on and upward to bigger, better, higher paying opportunities??

You can't tell me he wouldn't love to take a crack at the Navy AD job.

Once Gene leaves, the game can start being played again.

MplsBison
May 12th, 2014, 04:44 PM

FBS gate is welded shut for the next 12 years to move ups. Only teams that have a remote chance are out east and that's only if the MAC or Sun Belt want to expand beyond 12. Remote chance the Big XII could try to shake things up, but I think they'll push a championship game rule update through to abolish the "12 member minimum" rule rather than add anyone to the conference.

NDSU and UND have no shot at any FBS conference any time soon.

centennial
May 12th, 2014, 04:52 PM
With all the success that NDSU athletics is having, isn't it time for Gene Taylor to move on and upward to bigger, better, higher paying opportunities??

You can't tell me he wouldn't love to take a crack at the Navy AD job.

Once Gene leaves, the game can start being played again.
I am not sure if you are a NDSU fan. So you would want Gene Taylor to move to Navy so that you can have your UND game? NDSU and UND don't play in the same FCS or other sports leagues. They are not relevant to us. Darell sorry about the thread drift man, I won't post on this thread again. Mpls this thread is not about NDSU, let's keep it that way.

MplsBison
May 12th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I am not sure if you are a NDSU fan. So you would want Gene Taylor to move to Navy so that you can have your UND game? NDSU and UND don't play in the same FCS or other sports leagues. They are not relevant to us. Darell sorry about the thread drift man, I won't post on this thread again. Mpls this thread is not about NDSU, let's keep it that way.

To answer the direct question you asked me on this thread, yes I think it is time for GT to move on. What more is there to be accomplished for NDSU at this level? We've achieved everything there is and absolutely guaranteed to backslide eventually from our pinnacle, if not this upcoming season.

When any organization always have the same leadership, eventually things stagnate. New leadership, fresh ideas, fresh risks are the only way to continually improve the overall organization. Plus I think more than anything, GT has unquestionably earned his chance to helm a larger athletic department. I threw out Navy because I know that's where he came from and I'm sure he would love to be the guy there, one day.

IBleedYellow
May 12th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Clearly we have stagnated....

We just had our most successful year in our athletics history and you're saying we've stagnated.

ON TOPIC:

Your guys schedule doesn't look too bad at all Darell. Sorry these asshats had to start talking NDSU IN THE FIRST DAMN REPLY."

Do you know of the Stony Brook game is a H/H or just 1 shot at their place?

EDIT: We'll talk to you in 2 weeks Mpls, enjoy the banhammers.

darell1976
May 12th, 2014, 05:42 PM

We just had our most successful year in our athletics history and you're saying we've stagnated.

ON TOPIC:

Your guys schedule doesn't look too bad at all Darell. Sorry these asshats had to start talking NDSU IN THE FIRST DAMN REPLY."

just a one game. UND hosted them during our transition (2010 I believe), so an "unofficial" h/h if you can call it that.

MplsBison
May 12th, 2014, 05:42 PM
No, I didn't say that. My words are there for your review.

I said "eventually".

BisonFan02
May 12th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Hey Darell, is there a quick list handy of FBS opponents for UND (played/scheduled?) I seem to remember that there was an interesting trend of locations that may coincide with targeted recruiting areas....just trying to jog my memory.

darell1976
May 12th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Hey Darell, is there a quick list handy of FBS opponents for UND (played/scheduled?) I seem to remember that there was an interesting trend of locations that may coincide with targeted recruiting areas....just trying to jog my memory.

2009-Texas Tech
2010- Idaho, N. Illinois
2011- Idaho, Fresno St
2012- San Diego St
2013- no FBS game
2014- San Jose St
2015- Wyoming
2016- Bowling Green
2017- Utah
2018-Washington
nothing scheduled beyond that for FBS teams.

BisonFan02
May 12th, 2014, 06:05 PM
2009-Texas Tech
2010- Idaho, N. Illinois
2011- Idaho, Fresno St
2012- San Diego St
2013- no FBS game
2014- San Jose St
2015- Wyoming
2016- Bowling Green
2017- Utah
2018-Washington
nothing scheduled beyond that for FBS teams.

With Bowling Green and, to a point, Texas Tech being outliers, the FBS games have all been within the BSC footprint (lumping in Wyoming in that group too). Is that by design for UND as a target area? I find it interesting that UND wouldn't go after some of NDSU's previous targets (the Kansas's, Iowa's, Minnesota...).

NoDak 4 Ever
May 12th, 2014, 06:07 PM

ON TOPIC:

He's a lot like candy corn. The first few is ok but you never want more.

darell1976
May 12th, 2014, 06:11 PM
With Bowling Green and, to a point, Texas Tech being outliers, the FBS games have all been within the BSC footprint (lumping in Wyoming in that group too). Is that by design for UND as a target area? I find it interesting that UND wouldn't go after some of NDSU's previous targets (the Kansas's, Iowa's, Minnesota...).

Remember Muss wanted to recruit kids more towards the west coast where Bubba wants the Midwest. He hasn't been a part of any FBS games so hopefully he can get (if the Big 10 allows it) Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois and Northwestern. Or else if that conference holds out maybe NIU (again), Iowa St, and maybe Missouri.

MplsBison
May 12th, 2014, 06:12 PM
The nickname probably had something to do with scheduling B1G teams previously, as well.

darell1976
May 12th, 2014, 06:13 PM
The nickname probably had something to do with scheduling B1G teams previously, as well.

I am sure that was part. The FBS games I believe was signed post nickname was Utah and Washington.

BisonFan02
May 12th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Remember Muss wanted to recruit kids more towards the west coast where Bubba wants the Midwest. He hasn't been a part of any FBS games so hopefully he can get (if the Big 10 allows it) Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois and Northwestern. Or else if that conference holds out maybe NIU (again), Iowa St, and maybe Missouri.

Makes sense. Even without the B1G, I don't mind NDSU continuing their reign of terror through the Big 12. xlolx I'd like to see a Northern/NW SEC school at some point too (Mizzou, Kentucky, Arkansas, etc.)

Hambone
May 12th, 2014, 07:55 PM
just a one game. UND hosted them during our transition (2010 I believe), so an "unofficial" h/h if you can call it that.
Correction - UND is hosting Stony Brook this year as the front end of the home/home and 2016 is the back end. The earlier game was a one game deal.

MplsBison
May 12th, 2014, 07:59 PM

ON TOPIC:

It makes me feel good to know that I am an AGS donor.

Yes that's right - I caused someone to donate their own money to AGS simply to shut me up. That makes me a donor. And I'm smiling ear to ear at the thought. :D

You're welcome.

Seawolf97
May 12th, 2014, 08:22 PM

ON TOPIC:

We visit UND this year, they come east in 2016. Looking forward to that game , it will draw interest on Long Island.

SDFS
May 12th, 2014, 10:07 PM

I do believe that the nickname issue scared off the Big 10 schools (Iowa, Minn and Wisconsin), plus other regional FCS schools UNI, SDSU, USD and NDSU have more than filled the upper midwest FBS schedules. UND has had to go toward the west with MWC (4), WAC (2) and Pac 10 (2) schools.

darell1976
May 13th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Correction - UND is hosting Stony Brook this year as the front end of the home/home and 2016 is the back end. The earlier game was a one game deal.

Your right, my bad. I thought for some reason we were at SB this year.

darell1976
May 13th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Makes sense. Even without the B1G, I don't mind NDSU continuing their reign of terror through the Big 12. xlolx I'd like to see a Northern/NW SEC school at some point too (Mizzou, Kentucky, Arkansas, etc.)

Montana played Tennessee, I am sure Bison fans would love to pile into a 100,000+ stadium against the Vols. Being in a stadium that is about 1/7th the size of your state would be an incredible site.

darell1976
May 13th, 2014, 01:21 AM
We visit UND this year, they come east in 2016. Looking forward to that game , it will draw interest on Long Island.

I would love to make that road trip, I have never been to NYC.

Bogus Megapardus
May 13th, 2014, 07:57 PM
It's great to see that UND is coming east for at game at Stony Brook. Since it's a home-and-home it should be an excellent draw for both schools. Stony Brook has an excellent stadium - the fans are loud and the facility seems to keep that noise concentrated on the field. I hope this game is broadcast; I will watch if I can.

Just a note for any UND fans traveling to Long Island - it's not Grand Forks. Plan in advance, and rely on the "inside" tips from knowledgeable posters on this board to avoid spending a small fortune getting (and staying) there. But it will be worth the trip!

NB - yes, you CAN stay in New York City and make it to the game and back in one piece. Again, it's all in the planning.

Bogus Megapardus
May 13th, 2014, 08:01 PM
I would love to make that road trip, I have never been to NYC.

On Friday, I spent TWO HOURS trying to drive eight blocks in lower Manhattan. My fault - I hadn't planned well. Trains and subways are your friend. You can take the Long Island Railroad from Manhattan out to the Stony Brook station on the Port Jefferson line, which will put you right on the campus and a very short stride to the stadium. I wholeheartedly suggest that you do so. You'll have to transfer trains at Huntington and you should pay close attention to the schedules concerning the transfer. The entire ride takes about an hour and forty-five minutes, but you'll be glad that you took the train. See my post above.

Yotes
May 13th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Where is UND's football team going to be when we play in 2016? Will you guys still be building? I'm certain we'll be a playoff caliber team by then, maybe we'll take our first game in Grand Forks in a very long time.

darell1976
May 13th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Where is UND's football team going to be when we play in 2016? Will you guys still be building? I'm certain we'll be a playoff caliber team by then, maybe we'll take our first game in Grand Forks in a very long time.

We will be in the Alerus, as there is little talk about moving out. As for taking the game in GF with your playoff caliber team, I will think UND will be of playoff caliber as well. Our QB's will be seniors and Bubba's scheme will be on its third season. Exciting times are coming.