PDA

View Full Version : SJHU (Shut Jim Harbaugh Up)

gobucknell06
October 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
Harbaugh is on a winning streak, and he wants into the playoffs. I say let USD in and have them play Montana.

This is for those want USD to get into the playoffs so Montana can kill them and we stop hearing Jim Harbaugh's silly quotations. xsmileyclapx

Otherwise, we will never hear the end of it.

AppGuy04
October 22nd, 2006, 07:59 PM
GOOD LUCK!

FargoBison
October 22nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
Nope, USD doesn't belong in the playoffs and letting them in will only set a bad example when it comes to giving out at large berths. Teams should be rewarded for playing tough schedules and not having good records. Also, USD doesn't need to make the playoffs to be exposed because UCD is a quality team and will expose them if their isn't anything backing up all this hype. If they win that game then and only then will they have proven themsleves worthy of consideration. It's just too bad that it will be too late for USD to be considered.

My final thought on this...
USD was 10-1 last year and missed the playoffs, they should have figured out in order to make the playoffs you need to play against qaulity competition but instead of doing so they made an even weaker schedule this year. You would think a smart school like USD would know that history tends to repeat itself, there is no way USD should be rewarded for what they failed to do instead the playoff comittee should send a message by not letting them in. I hate teams that don't challenge themsleves against quality competition and I don't want a precedent to be set so that in the future schools won't be able to use the USD blueprint in order to reach the playoffs.

nevadagriz
October 22nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Come on it would be fun to see the GRIZ play USD in the first round.

AppGuy04
October 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM

you are biased, you just want a first round gimme:smiley_wi

Eaglegus2
October 22nd, 2006, 08:39 PM

It may be more fun, but why take a playoff berth from a more deserving team.

San Diego doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

blukeys
October 22nd, 2006, 09:12 PM
It may be more fun, but why take a playoff berth from a more deserving team.

San Diego doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

You are totally on target!!!! Every year someone gets Woofed. Why should a team be rewarded for playing a D-2 schedule with an occasional Yale????? (Who will not win the Ivy League this year)

The purpose of selecting a team going to the playoffs is to pick a team who can win a NC. It is not to reward a team for beating the crap out of a bunch of patsies. Does anyone on this board believe that USD could survive the 4 week grind and win the NC? On what basis could any sane observer of I-AA come to that conclusion??????xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

USD's resume is that of the mail room guy who applies to be the CEO of the Company. He might be the best Mail room clerk of all time but that hardly makes him material to run the company. :nod: :nod: :nod: USD needs at least 5 or 6 competive OOC games since their conference is pitifully weak. Instead they loaded up with the Dixie States of the world.

If USD gets a playoff berth, I recommend every NEC and PFL team to schedule the most lame, weakest teams and beat the crap out of them. In addition work the public relations angle to the max including an all out obnoxious assault on message boards. DEMAND that undefeated teams be included because after all they have not lost a game even though many of their opponents are basically D-3.

USD's public relations blitz is a true insult to Albany, Stony Brook, and CCSU who actually have stepped up and scheduled better competition. To reward USD, insults the efforts of these teams who have attempted to do it the right way.