PDA

View Full Version : FCS Football 2014: A Look At The Spring Top 40 (1-10)

centennial
May 8th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Saw this on Bisonville, posting here.
1. North Dakota State
2. Eastern Washington
3. Montana
4. Jacksonville State
5. Coastal Carolina
6. Eastern Illinois
7. Youngstown State
8. McNeese State
9. Towson
10. Sam Houston State

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/05/07/fcs-football-2014-look-spring-top-40-part-1-1-10/

(http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/05/07/fcs-football-2014-look-spring-top-40-part-1-1-10/https://twitter.com/fcs_football/status/464021835802091520Don't)https://twitter.com/fcs_football/status/464021835802091520

Don't agree with them for the most part, they will post the top 40 and I'll update the thread as they do, if people are interested.

van
May 8th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I would have Fordham in the top 10, they have quite a bit returning to a solid team from last year.

IBleedYellow
May 8th, 2014, 12:51 PM
University of Northern Iowa???

Nowhere to be seen? Serious oversight, there.

Also, No way do I have YSU in the Top 10.

THE HERD
May 8th, 2014, 01:13 PM
UNI should be in the top 3 somewhere and I have no idea why he has the Guins in there.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 8th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I would have Fordham in the top 10, they have quite a bit returning to a solid team from last year.

A solid team who cannot beat anyone outside of the Patriot or NEC.

Oh wait. a 2 win FBS and a .500 CAA team.

Mattymc727
May 8th, 2014, 02:40 PM
How about a UNH team that was one of four left last year, and returns 8 on offense and 8 on defense? I would think a top ten is warranted there...

clenz
May 8th, 2014, 02:43 PM
University of Northern Iowa???

Nowhere to be seen? Serious oversight, there.

Also, No way do I have YSU in the Top 10.Much like playoff selection time last season..
https://s3.amazonaws.com/webassets.ticketmob.com/LS/images/comedians/Rodney-Dangerfield.jpg

clenz
May 8th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Also Towson and EIU lose their best/biggest assets and EIU lost their coach...

YSU...well...HA

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 8th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Eastern Ill
Towson
SHSU
Youngstown

None of them should be in the top-10.

EWU
UNI
NDSU

My top-3 right now.

walliver
May 8th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I had comments to make such as why rank Montana above Coastal.

But then I realized that this prediction is that of one man who posts his column under an alias and doesn't even give his name. (Referring to the original author of the list, not the first poster on this thread.)

centennial
May 8th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I had comments to make such as why rank Montana above Coastal.

But then I realized that this prediction is that of one man who posts his column under an alias and doesn't even give his name. (Referring to the original author of the list, not the first poster on this thread.)
Funny thing is the site is owned by Sports Illustrated.

About the Author
soconjohn22 I have a passion for writing about Southern Conference football and basketball...Grew up in Greenville, S.C. attending Furman football games with my grandfather and my father...Attended Appalachian State University...I have covered FCS football for several internet websites, including The Sports Network.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 8th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Funny thing is the site is owned by Sports Illustrated.

Good for him. Real journalists use names.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 8th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Fordham and UNH deserve to be in the Top 10. They'll certainly be in mine....

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 8th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Fordham and UNH deserve to be in the Top 10. They'll certainly be in mine....

UNH will be a good team this year. I think a lot of the team returns.

Sammy94
May 8th, 2014, 04:51 PM
No SELA? This list is garbage.

achrist70
May 8th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Considering the author thinks that Klieman played for Farley you know how much of the expert he is.

Bisonator
May 8th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Considering the author thinks that Klieman played for Farley you know how much of the expert he is.

Saw that too, what a clown. xlolx

Yotes
May 8th, 2014, 08:37 PM
I see YSU in the top ten and not UNI. Poor list.

citdog
May 8th, 2014, 08:42 PM
what would one expect from such a second rate college he attended?

BEAR
May 8th, 2014, 10:43 PM
No lions? Seriously? Plus we'll run the bearkats again.... Hope the next 10 is better than this....

centennial
May 8th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I read his article on NDSU vs Furman game. His writing style made me cringe. It is impressive in length and content however.
http://saturdayblitz.com/2013/12/06/furman-set-battle-1-north-dakota-state-saturday/

Redbirdz
May 8th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Jacksonville State definitely belongs.

Sammy94
May 9th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Plus we'll run the bearkats again....

I agree the Kats should not be in the top 10 but don't be over confident. Bears finally get to come to Bowers where a visiting team hasn't won in years. Plus you lost your coach that had the pistol figured out, nevermind that won't even help SFA this year because the Kats no longer run that formation. Kats should be in the 13-18 range, there is still plenty of talent here.

walliver
May 9th, 2014, 08:17 AM

Maybe he should rank the Sun Belt.

eiupantherfan94
May 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM

And he said Babers left after just one season. xeyebrowx

EIU, while I still think they will be solid, is not going to be a top 10 team. JSU deserves to be there, and with Adams returning for his senior year Eastern Washington deserves to be there as well. The rest is mostly up for grabs.

FormerPokeCenter
May 10th, 2014, 04:23 PM
How is SELA not in the top five? And what are we doing at 8?

1. North Dakota State
2. Eastern Washington
3. Montana
4. Jacksonville State
5. Coastal Carolina
6. Eastern Illinois
7. Youngstown State
8. McNeese State
9. Towson
10. Sam Houston State

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/05/07/fcs-football-2014-look-spring-top-40-part-1-1-10/

(http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/05/07/fcs-football-2014-look-spring-top-40-part-1-1-10/https://twitter.com/fcs_football/status/464021835802091520Don't)https://twitter.com/fcs_football/status/464021835802091520

Don't agree with them for the most part, they will post the top 40 and I'll update the thread as they do, if people are interested.

Twentysix
May 10th, 2014, 04:56 PM
1. North Dakota State
2. Eastern Washington
3. Montana
4. Jacksonville State
5. Coastal Carolina
6. Eastern Illinois
7. Youngstown State
8. McNeese State
9. Towson
10. Sam Houston State

I don't see Montana being #3, I don't see 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 being in the top 10.

Interesting list, it's terrible.

Honestly, 1, 2, 4 are probably the only teams I would solidly place into a preseason top 10, Montana maybe towards the bottom of the top 10.

Off the top of my head, I would insert SE LA and UNI into this list.

mmiller_34
May 10th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I love how under the radar SDSU has been so far.

centennial
May 10th, 2014, 07:25 PM
I don't see Montana being #3, I don't see 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 being in the top 10.

Interesting list, it's terrible.

Honestly, 1, 2, 4 are probably the only teams I would solidly place into a preseason top 10, Montana maybe towards the bottom of the top 10.

Off the top of my head, I would insert SE LA and UNI into this list.
Agreed. My list. I don't really know how to rate after top 5(don't follow enough teams to know exactly)
1. NDSU
2. EWU
3. UNI
4. SELA
5. Jacksonville State
6. UNH
7. SDSU
8. Fordham
9. Coastal Carolina
10. Montana

citdog
May 11th, 2014, 12:45 AM
coastal goes down in week one at General Johnson Hagood, CSA, Stadium.

MR. CHICKEN
May 11th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Agreed. My list. I don't really know how to rate after top 5(don't follow enough teams to know exactly)
1. NDSU
2. EWU
3. UNI
4. SELA
5. Jacksonville State
6. UNH
7. SDSU
8. Fordham
9. Coastal Carolina
10. Montana

18964..............ME LIKEY.........AWQ!

LuckyKat
May 11th, 2014, 09:59 AM
LOL, Haters are gonna Hate

Yotes
May 11th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I love how under the radar SDSU has been so far.
You aren't making the playoffs this year, so it's understandable.

mmiller_34
May 11th, 2014, 03:10 PM
You aren't making the playoffs this year, so it's understandable.

How do you figure?

Yotes
May 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
How do you figure?
It's more of a scheduling issue than anything. Having 11 games against qualifying competition likely only allows you to have three losses this season, and I just can't see State finishing with less than four losses. Having to schedule a D3 opponent could very well cost you a playoff appearance, even though you do have a playoff-worthy team.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 11th, 2014, 03:21 PM
It's more of a scheduling issue than anything. Having 11 games against qualifying competition likely only allows you to have three losses this season, and I just can't see State finishing with less than four losses. Having to schedule a D3 opponent could very well cost you a playoff appearance, even though you do have a playoff-worthy team.

Not a terrible analysis. MVFC has the worst time getting more than 2 teams in. Those will be NDSU and UNI.

centennial
May 11th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Not a terrible analysis. MVFC has the worst time getting more than 2 teams in. Those will be NDSU and UNI.
The 3rd team will likely be SIU or if there is a surprise this year. SDSU will have to play lights out with a non counter D3. Why couldn't they find a D2(partial counter) I do not understand..

mmiller_34
May 11th, 2014, 03:31 PM

A reasonable argument; I get that. However it doesn't have anything to do with the caliber of team SDSU will field this year.

I see probable losses to Missouri, UNI, and NDSU. SDSU has the ability to take the rest down, and as you said we have a playoff-worthy squad. We'll see if they can stay on track and do what they need to do. If SDSU takes one from either NDSU or UNI we should be in the running to contend for the MVFC crown.

mmiller_34
May 11th, 2014, 03:33 PM
The 3rd team will likely be SIU or if there is a surprise this year. SDSU will have to play lights out with a non counter D3. Why couldn't they find a D2(partial counter) I do not understand..

This. We'll have to play lights out for sure, but I think SDSU will have one of the strongest teams we've had in a while. It would be a shame if the scheduling keeps us out in the end.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 11th, 2014, 03:38 PM

Could have gotten Augustana in on 9/27 and left 9/20 open. You only have MoSt to open the season, that can't be hard.

slostang
May 11th, 2014, 04:37 PM
A reasonable argument; I get that. However it doesn't have anything to do with the caliber of team SDSU will field this year.

I see probable losses to Missouri, UNI, and NDSU. SDSU has the ability to take the rest down, and as you said we have a playoff-worthy squad. We'll see if they can stay on track and do what they need to do. If SDSU takes one from either NDSU or UNI we should be in the running to contend for the MVFC crown.
I think Cal Poly will be a good early test for SDSU.

centennial
May 11th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I think Cal Poly will be a good early test for SDSU.
SDSU might be the strongest team Cal Poly plays this year along with maybe Montana. No EWU this year?

Yotes
May 11th, 2014, 09:02 PM

It will probably take a big upset on the road against UNI or NDSU to get into the playoffs. Going 8-0 against the rest of your schedule is just so unlikely, though you did get lucky enough not to draw Southern Illinois.

Has State played any of the lower division SD schools since moving up? It was mentioned you share an open date with Auggie, and it makes sense to me to schedule them if necessary. I believe we also share an open date with Auggie, and I would have rather seen us play them than the NAIA school we did schedule.

Houndawg
May 11th, 2014, 09:47 PM

Pretty iffy with UNI. They seem to usually not live up to their preseason billing.

mmiller_34
May 11th, 2014, 10:25 PM
It will probably take a big upset on the road against UNI or NDSU to get into the playoffs. Going 8-0 against the rest of your schedule is just so unlikely, though you did get lucky enough not to draw Southern Illinois.

Has State played any of the lower division SD schools since moving up? It was mentioned you share an open date with Auggie, and it makes sense to me to schedule them if necessary. I believe we also share an open date with Auggie, and I would have rather seen us play them than the NAIA school we did schedule.

We played Augie in '06 on Hobo Day during the transition. That was it for other SD lower division teams tho.

bluehenbillk
May 12th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Didn't see this posted but here is the next installment, 11-20:

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/05/11/fcs-football-2014-spring-top-40-part-2-11-20/

11- SELA
12- UNI
13- UNH
14- Chatty
15- Maine
16- Furman
17- Fordham
18- N Arizona
19- S Utah
20- Samford

ccd494
May 12th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Maine would need to score a lot of defensive touchdowns to be a top 15 team this year.

PaladinFan
May 12th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Didn't see this posted but here is the next installment, 11-20:

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/05/11/fcs-football-2014-spring-top-40-part-2-11-20/

11- SELA
12- UNI
13- UNH
14- Chatty
15- Maine
16- Furman
17- Fordham
18- N Arizona
19- S Utah
20- Samford

Lining up to be an interesting year in the SoCon. Furman already has four teams in the top 20 on this list on their schedule.

Of the SoCon teams, I still think Furman comes into 2014 with the fewest question marks.

mmiller_34
May 12th, 2014, 11:12 AM
1. North Dakota State
2. Eastern Washington
3. Montana
4. Jacksonville State
5. Coastal Carolina
6. Eastern Illinois
7. Youngstown State
8. McNeese State
9. Towson
10. Sam Houston State
11- SELA
12- UNI
13- UNH
14- Chatty
15- Maine
16- Furman
17- Fordham
18- N Arizona
19- S Utah
20- Samford[/QUOTE]

Thought I'd update the whole list just for reference sake.

centennial
May 12th, 2014, 11:58 AM
I would have SDSU and SIU in the top 20. Montana is too high, SELA is too low.

BisonFan02
May 12th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Chatty at 14?

centennial
May 12th, 2014, 12:15 PM
So...who emailed him? Did he see this thread? This is funny. Probably a SELA fan since they are ranked 11.

There was a demand by a certain fanbase, which will remain nameless, that it was outrageous they were not in Top 10. To be honest, I welcome that kind of criticism and appreciate there are FCS fans out there who care about their teams. So, I kind of like that kind of criticism in an odd way.

Often, FCS football gets a bad rap because there is a perception that people don’t care out there, and that’s simply not true. To the fans that questioned their ranking, I will say that I realized I ranked this particular team lower than I should have, but once this was realized, I would have to go back and do the whole thing over to include this certain team in a higher ranking. With that said, I think that truly is the greatest thing about the FCS–it is indeed settled on the field no matter what.

But, I believe in what I write and I know it is credible. I have covered FCS football longer than some of the schools in the Top 25 have been Division I schools, so I feel pretty good about my credibility, however, fans are certainly welcomed to their own opinions, but I do welcome all readers to check out our coverage of FCS football at SaturdayBlitz this fall.

clenz
May 12th, 2014, 12:27 PM
So...who emailed him? Did he see this thread? This is funny. Probably a SELA fan since they are ranked 11.

TL;DR version

I screwed up...don't know what I was/am talking about...

But I'm not going to fix it because that would require work

Yotes
May 12th, 2014, 12:28 PM

I was pretty pissed about USD not being Top 10. At least he acknowledges they belong.

Daytripper
May 12th, 2014, 12:33 PM

Agree. Also, SHSU is too high. We just have too many questions at QB and WR. Defense should be better with a new (Co) D Coordinator who will actually be running the defense.

clenz
May 12th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Dude...he can say he knows a lot...but...

For UNI he mentions past players like Tyree Talton for proof of good players? Um...UNI currently has 2 starting offensive lineman in the league (Chad Rinehart with SD and Austin Howard in Oak (formerly NYJ)) along with players like Brad Meester who started for over a deacde in Jacksonville, Dedric Ward, Bryce Paup....

He mentions Vereen Jr as a potential Payton award player (nice thought but he just won't have the numbers though the talent is there) but no mention of DJ who is likely preseason top 2 for Payton

No mention of Deiondre' Hall who had more tackles, more TFL, more sacks, more PBU, more QB hits, and blocked more kicks than Ray Mitchell (though Ray is a VERY nice player).

He mentioned good players but it just seems like he looked at the stats for last season and picked out someone that didn't seem "obvious" that was returning with good stats to make it seems like he follows the teams.

I too, wonder, who he got the e-mails from. I don't think he'd have to redo his entire list. Couldn't he just insert the team he screwed up and shift everyone down one? Or does moving a 12th rated team to 3rd (or whatever) make the 21st rated team not the 21st rated team anymore.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 12th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Dude...he can say he knows a lot...but...

For UNI he mentions past players like Tyree Talton for proof of good players? Um...UNI currently has 2 starting offensive lineman in the league (Chad Rinehart with SD and Austin Howard in Oak (formerly NYJ)) along with players like Brad Meester who started for over a deacde in Jacksonville, Dedric Ward, Bryce Paup....

He mentions Vereen Jr as a potential Payton award player (nice thought but he just won't have the numbers though the talent is there) but no mention of DJ who is likely preseason top 2 for Payton

No mention of Deiondre' Hall who had more tackles, more TFL, more sacks, more PBU, more QB hits, and blocked more kicks than Ray Mitchell (though Ray is a VERY nice player).

He mentioned good players but it just seems like he looked at the stats for last season and picked out someone that didn't seem "obvious" that was returning with good stats to make it seems like he follows the teams.

I too, wonder, who he got the e-mails from. I don't think he'd have to redo his entire list. Couldn't he just insert the team he screwed up and shift everyone down one? Or does moving a 12th rated team to 3rd (or whatever) make the 21st rated team not the 21st rated team anymore.

I think he did this hemself so it's his own ranking so it sure wouldn't seem to be any different than any single AGS voter just taking his ballot and shifting things around a bit. Don't really know how he did this though.

clenz
May 12th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I think he did this hemself so it's his own ranking so it sure wouldn't seem to be any different than any single AGS voter just taking his ballot and shifting things around a bit. Don't really know how he did this though.
It just seems odd to me that shifting UNI (I have no idea if that's who he is talking about, it's my team and I feel they got "jipped" so I'm using them) from 12 to 2 or 3 (yeah, I think UNI is a top 2 or 3 team preseasonhttp://assets.diylol.com/hfs/6ed/737/187/resized/paddy-wanna-fight-about-it-meme-generator-big-whoop-you-wanna-fight-bout-it-e31287.jpg, ) would impact how a team rated 7th before the shift would happen other than making them 8th.

I don't know how 12 going to 3 all of a sudden makes 7th into 15th and 22nd out of the rankings other than just making crap up.

***Disclaimer before some wet blanket poster (you all know who you/they are) comes and asks me for my top 25 and blah blah blah...I haven't done it yet. When I do get around to it I can promise you I won't justify it with "I've been following FCS football longer than some of these schools have been D1" macho bull crap....which is funny, because that doesn't mean for very long. NDSU is since 2008 and CCU is 2003 and JSU was 1995. The rest are all very early 80s/since the start of the FCS. So if that's the case, I too have been following the FCS longer than some of the top 10 have been D1.

This guy is full of crap or MUCH older than he appears in his picture....like in his very late 30s (at the VERY earliest as the FCS has been around 35 years) to 40s

ursus arctos horribilis
May 12th, 2014, 02:14 PM
It just seems odd to me that shifting UNI (I have no idea if that's who he is talking about, it's my team and I feel they got "jipped" so I'm using them) from 12 to 2 or 3 (yeah, I think UNI is a top 2 or 3 team preseasonhttp://assets.diylol.com/hfs/6ed/737/187/resized/paddy-wanna-fight-about-it-meme-generator-big-whoop-you-wanna-fight-bout-it-e31287.jpg, ) would impact how a team rated 7th before the shift would happen other than making them 8th.

I don't know how 12 going to 3 all of a sudden makes 7th into 15th and 22nd out of the rankings other than just making crap up.

***Disclaimer before some wet blanket poster (you all know who you/they are) comes and asks me for my top 25 and blah blah blah...I haven't done it yet. When I do get around to it I can promise you I won't justify it with "I've been following FCS football longer than some of these schools have been D1" macho bull crap....which is funny, because that doesn't mean for very long. NDSU is since 2008 and CCU is 2003 and JSU was 1995. The rest are all very early 80s/since the start of the FCS. So if that's the case, I too have been following the FCS longer than some of the top 10 have been D1.

This guy is full of crap or MUCH older than he appears in his picture....like in his very late 30s (at the VERY earliest as the FCS has been around 35 years) to 40s

I got no idea of his creds or anything else nor do I have any problem with critiquing a guys ballot. I'm just not hopping on the "this guy's an idiot bandwagon" or anything. He said he made a mistake and probably should have them a bit higher. That seems good enough for me.

I don't get how it some big deal anyway. It's good debate and helps pass the time etc but I wouldn't care if he had UM down in the 20's. We want people talking about it and if they make a mistake me need to keep kicking the **** out of em' even after they say "hey, my bad, it was a bit of an oversight."

I guess I think he could have moved some things around with new information or maybe a closer look after the fact but again I'm not sure if this was just ranking etc. as I didn't go read it closely but just going off the ranks posted here.

BTW, in spite of the MVFC guys opinions and so forth I'm not real sure UNI is gonna be in my top 5 either but I will give them a look and probably make some mistakes in my preseason ranking as well.

clenz
May 12th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I got no idea of his creds or anything else nor do I have any problem with critiquing a guys ballot. I'm just not hopping on the "this guy's an idiot bandwagon" or anything. He said he made a mistake and probably should have them a bit higher. That seems good enough for me.

I don't get how it some big deal anyway. It's good debate and helps pass the time etc but I wouldn't care if he had UM down in the 20's. We want people talking about it and if they make a mistake me need to keep kicking the **** out of em' even after they say "hey, my bad, it was a bit of an oversight."

I guess I think he could have moved some things around with new information or maybe a closer look after the fact but again I'm not sure if this was just ranking etc. as I didn't go read it closely but just going off the ranks posted here.

BTW, in spite of the MVFC guys opinions and so forth I'm not real sure UNI is gonna be in my top 5 either but I will give them a look and probably make some mistakes in my preseason ranking as well.The UNI team entering the season (barring any stupid torn ACLs in camp again) is going to look like the team that curb stomped the OOC last season and then gave NDSU it's only test of the FCS season....while adding in the best DT, TE, and WR back into the mix that missed all of last season

ursus arctos horribilis
May 12th, 2014, 02:19 PM
The UNI team entering the season (barring any stupid torn ACLs in camp again) is going to look like the team that curb stomped the OOC last season and then gave NDSU it's only test of the FCS season....while adding in the best DT, TE, and WR back into the mix that missed all of last season

Yup, I think I've read that somewhere.:D

underdawg
May 12th, 2014, 06:24 PM

I'd think the Jacks should most certainly be there---IF Mark Ianotti becomes the type of QB I think he will, then maybe SIU

mmiller_34
May 12th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I'd think the Jacks should most certainly be there---IF Mark Ianotti becomes the type of QB I think he will, then maybe SIU

SDSU went 4-2 last year against team they played from this lists top 20. Losses to #1 & #2.

This is really motivating me to get the MVFC Blog up and running again.

UNH72Plus
May 13th, 2014, 11:42 AM
This guy really should do his homework. Chip Kelly was the offensive coordinator not head coach at UNH during the Ricky Santos days. After watching Cats in their spring scrimmage I have to say they look like a top ten team.

Raven Maniac
May 13th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Eastern Ill
Towson
SHSU
Youngstown

None of them should be in the top-10.

EWU
UNI
NDSU

My top-3 right now.

other than you being a Bizon fan why would you pick NDSU to be in the top three? What supports this? They are losing 22 players, most skill positions, all coaches but one... what supports them being ranked in the top 10? You are not the only one that has them ranked high so I am curious, what do we not know?

Raven Maniac
May 13th, 2014, 01:10 PM
No lions? Seriously? Plus we'll run the bearkats again.... Hope the next 10 is better than this....

Next year's UCA football season is going to be much like this years UCA baseball season.

centennial
May 13th, 2014, 02:10 PM
other than you being a Bizon fan why would you pick NDSU to be in the top three? What supports this? They are losing 22 players, most skill positions, all coaches but one... what supports them being ranked in the top 10? You are not the only one that has them ranked high so I am curious, what do we not know?
We rotate our lines more than most FCS teams. The backups have significant reps. Add to that we were much better than most of the FCS. Our margin for victory was 31, 34, 40 and 28 in the playoffs (avg over 33 points margin for every win). We also kept most of our recruits and are going to run the same west coast offense and 4-3 defense.
There will be a significant drop down no doubt, will it be enough to knock us from being the favorite, I am not sure.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 13th, 2014, 02:17 PM
We rotate our lines more than most FCS teams. The backups have significant reps. Add to that we were much better than most of the FCS. Our margin for victory was 31, 34, 40 and 28 in the playoffs (avg over 33 points margin for every win). We also kept most of our recruits and are going to run the same west coast offense and 4-3 defense.
There will be a significant drop down no doubt, will it be enough to knock us from being the favorite, I am not sure.

A dip? Yes. A drop off? No.

centennial
May 13th, 2014, 02:27 PM
A dip? Yes. A drop off? No.
As long as we win, and don't have many games like UNI(that game almost gave me a heart attack) I'll be happy. I still think we are the team to beat this year, even with what we lose.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 13th, 2014, 02:32 PM
As long as we win, and don't have many games like UNI(that game almost gave me a heart attack) I'll be happy. I still think we are the team to beat this year, even with what we lose.

Yep. For all those FCS people just waiting for the eventual swoon, don't hold your breath.

PaladinFan
May 13th, 2014, 02:46 PM
This is just my experience watching FCS football, but only rarely do you see programs replace good productive players in a single season with their backup and maintain the same level of production. I can only imagine what it looks like when you have to replace a team full of such players.

Most of the time the most logical replacement for those players are career backups who have basically been mop up players their entire careers. Not to say they aren't good players, but there's a reason, I think, that you see some of these "dynasties" flare up for a few seasons and then fall on hard times. Not saying that will be the case for NDSU, but it wouldn't shock me. Just in the SoCon you have seen the ebb and flow of powerful programs like App, GSU, and Furman have marvelous success punctuated by lean years.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 13th, 2014, 02:54 PM
This is just my experience watching FCS football, but only rarely do you see programs replace good productive players in a single season with their backup and maintain the same level of production. I can only imagine what it looks like when you have to replace a team full of such players.

Most of the time the most logical replacement for those players are career backups who have basically been mop up players their entire careers. Not to say they aren't good players, but there's a reason, I think, that you see some of these "dynasties" flare up for a few seasons and then fall on hard times. Not saying that will be the case for NDSU, but it wouldn't shock me. Just in the SoCon you have seen the ebb and flow of powerful programs like App, GSU, and Furman have marvelous success punctuated by lean years.

3 losing seasons in 50 years. I'm not worried at all.

Seriously though. There are a ton of returning players including 75% of the starting offensive line, 1000 yd receiver and rusher, almost all of the defensive backfield and plenty of good linebackers.

something about reloading......

McNeese75
May 13th, 2014, 03:14 PM

xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 13th, 2014, 03:32 PM

Seriously though. There are a ton of returning players including 75% of the starting offensive line, 1000 yd receiver and rusher, almost all of the defensive backfield and plenty of good linebackers.

The OL returning is the biggest reason I give NDSU continuity this year. NDSU will be mortal but still at the top if for that group alone in the early going.

PaladinFan
May 13th, 2014, 03:40 PM

I'm not saying NDSU will have a losing season. I also think that "small dip" will be a bit optimistic. The reality is none of us have any idea how significant a hit NDSU will take in 2014.

I am just speaking from my personal observation. Take 2012, with Wofford. They lost by a TD in Fargo, and graduated Payton Finalist Eric Britenstein. Losing record in 2013. Georgia Southern played in back to back semi finals and lost by 3 in Fargo in 2012. They graduate their senior QB and a couple of defensive backs and they are .500 in the SoCon. App State won three consecutive titles and were a shadow of the team they used to be in the few years following (I think their fans would even admit that).

Again, NDSU may still make the playoffs. No body knows how they are going to do. They have to replace a lot of quality players in a very tough league.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 13th, 2014, 03:43 PM
I'm not saying NDSU will have a losing season. I also think that "small dip" will be a bit optimistic. The reality is none of us have any idea how significant a hit NDSU will take in 2014.

I am just speaking from my personal observation. Take 2012, with Wofford. They lost by a TD in Fargo, and graduated Payton Finalist Eric Britenstein. Losing record in 2013. Georgia Southern played in back to back semi finals and lost by 3 in Fargo in 2012. They graduate their senior QB and a couple of defensive backs and they are .500 in the SoCon. App State won three consecutive titles and were a shadow of the team they used to be in the few years following (I think their fans would even admit that).

Again, NDSU may still make the playoffs. No body knows how they are going to do. They have to replace a lot of quality players in a very tough league.

A lot is a stretch. Realize they have been using sophomores and juniors all along the 3 year championship stretch. There was turnover in the coaching staff but many of the new coaches were also there in the last 3 years. I fully expect them to be deep into the playoffs.

It all hinges on Carson Wentz. I'm confident he can get in there and not only manage but bring a whole new dynamic to the offense.

PaladinFan
May 13th, 2014, 04:54 PM
A lot is a stretch. Realize they have been using sophomores and juniors all along the 3 year championship stretch. There was turnover in the coaching staff but many of the new coaches were also there in the last 3 years. I fully expect them to be deep into the playoffs.

It all hinges on Carson Wentz. I'm confident he can get in there and not only manage but bring a whole new dynamic to the offense.

You certainly know who they have to replace, not I. I'd take the same position, though, if they were just having to replace Brock Jensen.

Hard to explain until you see it happen.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 13th, 2014, 05:01 PM

Good points.

Will NDSU have a 'dip' in '14? Sure, you have to expect this year's team not to be as good as the '13 version...right away. But the '14 team is going to have a lot of talent and I expect them to compete for the Valley title and NC. Maybe those are lofty expectations from the fan base but that is what the bar is set at now.

IMO, as a loyal Bison fan, I expect NDSU to compete for a NC every year.....xnodx

Will they do that? Probably not. But they should always have a good team that is very competitive. Playoffs should be an annual event....xnodx

CrazyCat
May 13th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Amazing how graduation can affect some so little and others so greatly.

Daytripper
May 15th, 2014, 12:23 PM

Agree 100%. I see a drop off with NDSU and SHSU. Both are losing their best senior classes in school history. You cannot expect them to be replaced with equal talent and intangibles.

BEAR
May 15th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Next year's UCA football season is going to be much like this years UCA baseball season.

You mean like this:

Fri.

3/21/2014

Sam Houston State University (http://www.gobearkats.com/)

Conway, Ark.

W 9-7 (http://www.ucasports.com/news/2014/3/27/BB_0327140524.aspx?path=baseball) Box Score (http://www.ucasports.com/boxscore.aspx?path=baseball&id=1404)

Details (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0))

Sat.

3/22/2014

Conway, Ark.

W 4-2 (http://www.ucasports.com/news/2014/3/27/BB_0327140524.aspx?path=baseball) Box Score (http://www.ucasports.com/boxscore.aspx?path=baseball&id=1405)

Sun.

3/23/2014

Conway, Ark.

W 6-4 (http://www.ucasports.com/news/2014/3/27/BB_0327140524.aspx?path=baseball) Box Score (http://www.ucasports.com/boxscore.aspx?path=baseball&id=1406)

I do believe we were pretty much out of the baseball running last season too...then took Miss. State to a deciding game when you Kats were at home..and lifted a SLC Tourney trophy too.
Who knows what we'll do this year. But don't be mad, we're young and losing 10 seniors last year hurt..but not enough to take care of the Kats this year huh? See you gametime.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 16th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Amazing how graduation can affect some so little and others so greatly.

Or how some teams can be rated so highly in the preseason and fall completely on their face.

IBleedYellow
May 16th, 2014, 09:02 AM
It's like you guys don't understand the mindset up here.

Whether we graduate 10 or 25.

The mindset is: We are going to win the Valley, and we are going to play for a National Title, EVERY YEAR. Each new class realizes that those are two goals that never change, and are ingrained into their heads. We expect to be in Frisco every other year, not because we're better than others, but because that's what our expectations are. We are going to go out there and compete, it's this thing called Bison football. If you haven't been around here, you won't know what I'm talking about.

Tradition.

Silenoz
May 16th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Ohio State and USC have the same mindset. Doesn't mean it just happens.

I do see what you're saying though as that's how many up here see it too (or at least it was), but at the end of the day only 1 out of 120 teams is taking home that trophy.

centennial
May 16th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Ohio State and USC have the same mindset. Doesn't mean it just happens.

I do see what you're saying though as that's how many up here see it too (or at least it was), but at the end of the day only 1 out of 120 teams is taking home that trophy.
There is less parity in the FCS in comparison to FBS. Realistically, most years we are talking about 10-15 contenders with a surprise every decade or so.

PaladinFan
May 16th, 2014, 01:24 PM
It's like you guys don't understand the mindset up here.

Whether we graduate 10 or 25.

The mindset is: We are going to win the Valley, and we are going to play for a National Title, EVERY YEAR. Each new class realizes that those are two goals that never change, and are ingrained into their heads. We expect to be in Frisco every other year, not because we're better than others, but because that's what our expectations are. We are going to go out there and compete, it's this thing called Bison football. If you haven't been around here, you won't know what I'm talking about.

Tradition.

I will say that is a noticeable difference in Furman teams in our recent dark days and our prior glory years. Furman teams of 10 years ago expected to win, they didn't care who you were. Recent teams wanted to win, but did not necessarily expect to win.

That's a program culture that can change with time. A couple of years of .500 ball and just getting to 7 wins becomes a goal. A few years prior, that would have been an abject disappointment.

Good to keep the culture strong, though. It doesn't take long for doubt to creep in. A few years ago there wasn't a team in the FCS that could stand toe to toe with App State for four quarters. They are still a good team in the recent past, but teams were not afraid of them anymore. Each game just erodes the mystique until eventually you have a team full of App players that didn't know how good the team used to be, and a team full of opponents that doesn't know it either.

centennial
May 16th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I will say that is a noticeable difference in Furman teams in our recent dark days and our prior glory years. Furman teams of 10 years ago expected to win, they didn't care who you were. Recent teams wanted to win, but did not necessarily expect to win.

That's a program culture that can change with time. A couple of years of .500 ball and just getting to 7 wins becomes a goal. A few years prior, that would have been an abject disappointment.

Good to keep the culture strong, though. It doesn't take long for doubt to creep in. A few years ago there wasn't a team in the FCS that could stand toe to toe with App State for four quarters. They are still a good team in the recent past, but teams were not afraid of them anymore. Each game just erodes the mystique until eventually you have a team full of App players that didn't know how good the team used to be, and a team full of opponents that doesn't know it either.
NDSU doesn't tolerate mediocrity. Yes, we have had bad years but the majority of the time we expect to win. 6 win seasons will get you fired at NDSU quickly. I am not saying that we win NC every year. Like I said before in this thread we were 33 points better than the rest of the playoff field. It almost felt like watching FBS vs FCS. I think we make the playoffs and contend for the title again.

clenz
May 16th, 2014, 02:02 PM
NDSU doesn't tolerate mediocrity. Yes, we have had bad years but the majority of the time we expect to win. 6 win seasons will get you fired at NDSU quickly. I am not saying that we win NC every year. Like I said before in this thread we were 33 points better than the rest of the playoff field. It almost felt like watching FBS vs FCS. I think we make the playoffs and contend for the title again.
Dead horse again...

Damn, I hate injuries

NoDak 4 Ever
May 16th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Dead horse again...

Damn, I hate injuries

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2012/02/crying-baby.jpg

centennial
May 16th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Dead horse again...

Damn, I hate injuries
NDSU played poorly in the 1st half of the game vs UNI. However, that UNI team was probably as good as K-State last year. Even with all the injuries if UNI had got into the playoffs I expected them to have 2 wins. Valley games give NDSU more trouble than the playoffs.

clenz
May 16th, 2014, 02:47 PM
NDSU played poorly in the 1st half of the game vs UNI. However, that UNI team was probably as good as K-State last year. Even with all the injuries if UNI had got into the playoffs I expected them to have 2 wins. Valley games give NDSU more trouble than the playoffs.
It's not like UNI played real well that game either.

It was a gorgeously ugly and amazingly bad game all at the same time.

That is what a football game should look like

Raven Maniac
May 16th, 2014, 02:48 PM
You mean like this:

Fri.

3/21/2014

Conway, Ark.

W 9-7 (http://www.ucasports.com/news/2014/3/27/BB_0327140524.aspx?path=baseball) Box Score (http://www.ucasports.com/boxscore.aspx?path=baseball&id=1404)

Sat.

3/22/2014

Conway, Ark.

W 4-2 (http://www.ucasports.com/news/2014/3/27/BB_0327140524.aspx?path=baseball) Box Score (http://www.ucasports.com/boxscore.aspx?path=baseball&id=1405)

Sun.

3/23/2014

Conway, Ark.

W 6-4 (http://www.ucasports.com/news/2014/3/27/BB_0327140524.aspx?path=baseball) Box Score (http://www.ucasports.com/boxscore.aspx?path=baseball&id=1406)

I do believe we were pretty much out of the baseball running last season too...then took Miss. State to a deciding game when you Kats were at home..and lifted a SLC Tourney trophy too.
Who knows what we'll do this year. But don't be mad, we're young and losing 10 seniors last year hurt..but not enough to take care of the Kats this year huh? See you gametime.

I will text you from regionals and let you know how we are doing. I hope you travel to Texas with your football team. You can rehash the game on your long trip back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
May 16th, 2014, 03:02 PM

You'll find that a lot as the Griz ususally did with BSC teams giving us much more trouble than most playoff teams until getting to the final four etc.

Yotes
May 16th, 2014, 06:40 PM
That's good and all, but no dynasty lasts forever. As stated, App State was in the same position a very short time ago, and really aren't much today. Nebraska had like 30 straight years of top 15 finishes, but look at their last 12 years. Beating Nebraska used to be an automatic "tear down the goalposts" victory for any team that wasn't among the best. Now they can barely beat Wyoming in a year where they were so bad they fired their coach, let SDSU run as much as they want, and give up 70 points in conference title games. That fanbase never tolerated mediocrity, but they sure as hell got it.

Just because you have a fanbase that doesn't tolerate mediocrity, doesn't mean you're going to always have a championship caliber teams. Let's see how the new coach works out, he certainly has the talent to win some championships.

centennial
May 17th, 2014, 11:34 AM
That's good and all, but no dynasty lasts forever. As stated, App State was in the same position a very short time ago, and really aren't much today. Nebraska had like 30 straight years of top 15 finishes, but look at their last 12 years. Beating Nebraska used to be an automatic "tear down the goalposts" victory for any team that wasn't among the best. Now they can barely beat Wyoming in a year where they were so bad they fired their coach, let SDSU run as much as they want, and give up 70 points in conference title games. That fanbase never tolerated mediocrity, but they sure as hell got it.

Just because you have a fanbase that doesn't tolerate mediocrity, doesn't mean you're going to always have a championship caliber teams. Let's see how the new coach works out, he certainly has the talent to win some championships.
I don't disagree with you. NDSU has been a good team majority of the time in FCS and expect to continue the same. The 2006, 2007, 2010 teams were good as well. No one is claiming that we are going to win the NC, however we should get to the playoffs with a good showing. Till someone knocks us off and is clearly better than us I expect NDSU to be the default no.1.
Like someone else said-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s

NoDak 4 Ever
May 17th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I don't disagree with you. NDSU has been a good team majority of the time in FCS and expect to continue the same. The 2006, 2007, 2010 teams were good as well. No one is claiming that we are going to win the NC, however we should get to the playoffs with a good showing. Till someone knocks us off and is clearly better than us I expect NDSU to be the default no.1.
Like someone else said-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s
This.

11 National Championships in 3 different divisions. 47 out of the last 50 seasons with a winning record (34 of those with 8 wins or more, 20 with 10 wins or more, 8 undefeated seasons).

Come on. USD has been conference mates with NDSU for nearly 100 years. Who's ALWAYS been the daddy?

Yotes
May 17th, 2014, 01:51 PM
This.

11 National Championships in 3 different divisions. 47 out of the last 50 seasons with a winning record (34 of those with 8 wins or more, 20 with 10 wins or more, 8 undefeated seasons).

Come on. USD has been conference mates with NDSU for nearly 100 years. Who's ALWAYS been the daddy?
No team stays on top forever is what I'm saying. I'm sure a big part of the D2 success was being a huge fish in a small pond, but at D1 things are less certain. What if what you've accomplished at D1 can't be done by anyone other than someone of Bohl's caliber? One bad hire can derail a program for years, and no one is impervious to it. I'm interested to see how Klieman turns out. His defense has been stellar, but if it turns out that Bohl was the reason for the great defense and Kleiman just gets credit then things will get interesting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 17th, 2014, 03:35 PM
No team stays on top forever is what I'm saying. I'm sure a big part of the D2 success was being a huge fish in a small pond, but at D1 things are less certain. What if what you've accomplished at D1 can't be done by anyone other than someone of Bohl's caliber? One bad hire can derail a program for years, and no one is impervious to it. I'm interested to see how Klieman turns out. His defense has been stellar, but if it turns out that Bohl was the reason for the great defense and Kleiman just gets credit then things will get interesting.

Really?

I'll give you a pass on this one since you do not follow the Bison. Klieman took over for Hazelton when he left and the defense did not lose a beat....maybe even got better. Bohl has said it himself, he lets the coaches, coach and he is more of a CEO of the program.

Teams do not stay on top forever but the '14 team is going to be a good team.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 17th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Really?

I'll give you a pass on this one since you do not follow the Bison. Klieman took over for Hazelton when he left and the defense did not lose a beat....maybe even got better. Bohl has said it himself, he lets the coaches, coach and he is more of a CEO of the program.

Teams do not stay on top forever but the '14 team is going to be a good team.

Earle Solomonson took over for Don Morton, Rocky Hager took over for Solomonson. Both were internal hires. Bob Babich was a bad hire in the long run. Klieman is an internal hire. Almost everybody on the team has ties to the last 10 years.

I'm not worried in the least.

eiu1999
May 17th, 2014, 07:09 PM
EIU is not a top 25 team. The fall off will be that bad.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 17th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Earle Solomonson took over for Don Morton, Rocky Hager took over for Solomonson. Both were internal hires. Bob Babich was a bad hire in the long run. Klieman is an internal hire. Almost everybody on the team has ties to the last 10 years.

I'm not worried in the least.

Plus, it looks like Coach K has put together a pretty good staff. I don't know much about Entz (New DC) but he is still running the Tampa-2.

The '14 Bison team has the potential to win the NC, now they have to go out and do it.

wmmii
May 18th, 2014, 07:48 AM
coastal goes down in week one at General Johnson Hagood, CSA, Stadium.

I concur, they are overrated for this fall.

semobison
May 18th, 2014, 08:51 AM
This.

I could have gone back further but it seemed like a waste. USD is 1-17 against NDSU since 1991 and 3-25 since 1981! The USD mens Track and Field team managed a tie with NDSU this weekend for the Summit League title though. Nice job Yotes!

Yotes
May 18th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Bringing up the past meetings between our schools has no bearing on the matter at hand. Dynasties don't last forever, and it's ignorant for anyone to assume they'll always be on top. I can see parallels between NDSU and other big-time college programs with storied histories. Too much winning creates an insatiable fanbase removed from reality that will call for the head of the coach who only brings above average success, and it's not unthinkable that it could happen to NDSU too. Even a couple years of four-loss football could be enough for the fans to put a lot of pressure on the AD to make a change at this point.

How likely is any of this? No one knows. Even the most storied of programs hit some incredible lows though in due time. I believe that hiring internally is the best way to prevent making a bad hire, so long as you aren't hiring them for the sake of making a familiar face the head coach. Klieman has been given a very healthy program and all the tools to have great success, let's see what he does with it.

I hope you guys take pride that you have enough that I have deemed it to be "too much", last year's Bison football team may have been the best ever in the FCS.

semobison
May 18th, 2014, 06:41 PM
So Yotes, whats your point? We all know dynasties always end and all teams go through difficult seasons. Just don't expect Bison fans to lay down this year. We lost some studs but the cupboard isn't bare. And yes, our expectations are always high and have been for a half century!

NoDak 4 Ever
May 18th, 2014, 06:50 PM
So Yotes, whats your point? We all know dynasties always end and all teams go through difficult seasons. Just don't expect Bison fans to lay down this year. We lost some studs but the cupboard isn't bare. And yes, our expectations are always high and have been for a half century!

Think about that. 50 years. That is a system from top to bottom.

Bisonator
May 18th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Bringing up the past meetings between our schools has no bearing on the matter at hand. Dynasties don't last forever, and it's ignorant for anyone to assume they'll always be on top. I can see parallels between NDSU and other big-time college programs with storied histories. Too much winning creates an insatiable fanbase removed from reality that will call for the head of the coach who only brings above average success, and it's not unthinkable that it could happen to NDSU too. Even a couple years of four-loss football could be enough for the fans to put a lot of pressure on the AD to make a change at this point.

How likely is any of this? No one knows. Even the most storied of programs hit some incredible lows though in due time. I believe that hiring internally is the best way to prevent making a bad hire, so long as you aren't hiring them for the sake of making a familiar face the head coach. Klieman has been given a very healthy program and all the tools to have great success, let's see what he does with it.

I hope you guys take pride that you have enough that I have deemed it to be "too much", last year's Bison football team may have been the best ever in the FCS.

That's the exact thing that keeps programs like NDSU apart from others. We simply won't except average, we demand excellence and why we've only had 3 losing seasons in 50+ years. Coaches understand this and wouldn't want it any other way.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 18th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Think about that. 50 years. That is a system from top to bottom.

Mudra changed the attitude and culture at NDSU and it hasn't changed since.

4-peat will be a tall task for this Bison team but they certainly have the talent to do it.

centennial
May 19th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Massey released his preseason ratings-

Team
Record
Rat
Pwr
Off
Def
HFA
SoS
SSF
EW
EL

N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=262657)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=262657)

0-00.000

E Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2341&s=262657)OH Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13193&s=262657)

0-00.000

Towson (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8000&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

S Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7268&s=262657)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=262657)

0-00.000

E Washington (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2383&s=262657)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=262657)

0-00.000

Northern Iowa (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5641&s=262657)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=262657)

0-00.000

New Hampshire (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5342&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

Villanova (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8415&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

S Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7339&s=262657)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=262657)

0-00.000

SE Louisiana (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7314&s=262657)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=262657)

0-00.000

William & Mary (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8934&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

Missouri St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4970&s=262657)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=262657)

0-00.000

Coastal Car (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1637&s=262657)Big South (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10672&s=262657)

0-00.000

Youngstown St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=9217&s=262657)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=262657)

0-00.000

Maine (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4319&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

Jacksonville St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3606&s=262657)OH Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13193&s=262657)

0-00.000

Montana (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5035&s=262657)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=262657)

0-00.000

Sam Houston St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6981&s=262657)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=262657)

0-00.000

Princeton (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6339&s=262657)Ivy League (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=12206&s=262657)

0-00.000

Harvard (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3162&s=262657)Ivy League (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=12206&s=262657)

0-00.000

Team
Record
Rat
Pwr
Off
Def
HFA
SoS
SSF
EW
EL

Illinois St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3449&s=262657)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=262657)

0-00.000

Richmond (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6547&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

McNeese St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4613&s=262657)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=262657)

0-00.000

James Madison (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3611&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

Chattanooga (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7809&s=262657)Southern (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14064&s=262657)

0-00.000

TN Martin (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7813&s=262657)OH Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13193&s=262657)

0-00.000

Cal Poly SLO (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1032&s=262657)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=262657)

0-00.000

Liberty (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4076&s=262657)Big South (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10672&s=262657)

0-00.000

Tennessee St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7822&s=262657)OH Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13193&s=262657)

0-00.000

Stony Brook (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7642&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

Delaware (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2108&s=262657)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=262657)

0-00.000

Cent Arkansas (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1351&s=262657)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=262657)

0-00.000

Northern Arizona (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5620&s=262657)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=262657)

0-00.000

Fordham (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2682&s=262657)Patriot League (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13333&s=262657)

0-00.000

Furman (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2800&s=262657)Southern (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14064&s=262657)

0-00.000

E Kentucky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2346&s=262657)OH Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13193&s=262657)

0-00.000

Montana St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5042&s=262657)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=262657)

0-00.000

South Dakota (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7262&s=262657)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=262657)

0-00.000

Samford (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6987&s=262657)Southern (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14064&s=262657)

0-00.000

Bethune-Cookman (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=691&s=262657)Mid-Eastern AC (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=12545&s=262657)

0-00.000

Red & Black
May 19th, 2014, 09:49 PM
So SDSU, a team EWU completely dismantled in the playoffs is one spot higher in Massey's ratings? Interesting.

Yotes
May 19th, 2014, 11:32 PM
So SDSU, a team EWU completely dismantled in the playoffs is one spot higher in Massey's ratings? Interesting.

Missouri State being 12th is especially suspicious. I don't believe they even had a winning record last year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM

I thought that game was tied at half and SDSU made a blunder on special teams to piss a close game away?

Silenoz
May 21st, 2014, 11:47 AM
I thought that game was tied at half and SDSU made a blunder on special teams to piss a close game away?

Not that I like defending EWU or anything, but that's definitely one way to rationalize a 24 point loss

tomq04
May 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
I was there, and it was damn cold. It was tied at half time... IIRC EWU scored 21-0 in the 3rd and 10-7 in the 4th? Something like that...I also think SDSU QB went down in the middle of the 3rd.

centennial
May 21st, 2014, 02:08 PM
I was there, and it was damn cold. It was tied at half time... IIRC EWU scored 21-0 in the 3rd and 10-7 in the 4th? Something like that...I also think SDSU QB went down in the middle of the 3rd.
Slice it whatever way, Massey did a much better job of ranking. No one is denying that EWU beat SDSU. SDSU beat SELA, they weren't a terrible team last year. EWU and SDSU should be swapped.

Red & Black
May 21st, 2014, 08:13 PM

First half was somewhat close IIRC...second half definitely was not.