PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel, Cadet Tory Cooper beat WCU in overtime

citdog
October 21st, 2006, 05:37 PM
The Citadel Bulldogs defeated the Catamounts of WCU 30-27 in front of a Parents Day crowd of 16,265. Junior Cadet Tory Cooper rushed for an even 200 yards and scored the winning TD on an 8 yard scamper in the first overtime period. Cadet Duran Lawson, a junior QB, led the 'Dogs on three scoring drives of over 10 plays as the Cadets rolled up close to 500 yards of total offense in winning their third straight contest over the boys from Western Carolina. If Cadet Cooper is not the SoCon offensive player of the week they shouldn't hand out the award.

www.citadelsports.com

MarkCCU
October 21st, 2006, 05:44 PM
good job Cadets!

Mountaineer
October 21st, 2006, 05:46 PM
Nice.

So far that means:

Every team in the SoCon > Western Carolina

citdog
October 21st, 2006, 06:32 PM
You have to give WCU credit, they are still playing hard and haven't quit on Coach Briggs, Powers, etc

catamount man
October 21st, 2006, 08:57 PM
You have to give WCU credit, they are still playing hard and haven't quit on Coach Briggs, Powers, etc

But even you had to be scratching your head watching our offense. For every 1 good play we executed, we then would run 2 bad plays. It's getting old and yes, once again, less than 5 long passes thrown all freaking game!!! That cadet entrance got to me though, but S.O.A.B is that damn cannon loud or what?!!!:D

Thought I was gonna have to check my shorts a couple of times after they fired that thing. Bottom line, good win and I hope you win them out. Higgins will have you guys in the playoffs in a few years. Beat GSU.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

MarkCCU
October 21st, 2006, 09:31 PM
love the cannon firing...LOVE IT

catamount man
October 22nd, 2006, 06:36 AM

Oh, I liked it as well, just wish they'd have given me some warning.:D

I tell ya, The Citadel is a hell of a place to watch a game. My ONLY complaint is now for the second straight time we've played there, a few of their fans seemed to take some glee when our players get hurt. Yesterday, a few got called out on it. No excuse for that crap. Other than that, El Cid folks are very cordial and seeing the Corp of Cadets march into the stadium is just one reason I pull for them, except when they play us. Good luck Bulldogs and beat GSU.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Eaglegus2
October 22nd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Playing at Johnson-Hagood will be very difficult for the Eagles next week.:nod:

fuEMO
October 22nd, 2006, 10:27 AM
I was very impressed with the Dogs. I expect Citadel to give the Eagles a fit in Charleston. Sounds like Cooper had a game worthy of POW honors.

Dabnus Brickey
October 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
Congrats, El Cid...I was pulling for you guys.

citdog
October 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
The GSU game is a really big game for our program. We finally made a play last week and won a close one after losing by 8 at Woffy and having the ball inside terrier territory as the game ended and lost to furman by 6 and being in the same situation. Lets see hoe the boys respond.

Dabnus Brickey
October 23rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
How did Western Carolina look Saturday? I heard they're first two scores were because of Citadel mistakes.

MarkCCU
October 23rd, 2006, 12:57 PM
Oh, I liked it as well, just wish they'd have given me some warning.:D

I tell ya, The Citadel is a hell of a place to watch a game. My ONLY complaint is now for the second straight time we've played there, a few of their fans seemed to take some glee when our players get hurt. Yesterday, a few got called out on it. No excuse for that crap. Other than that, El Cid folks are very cordial and seeing the Corp of Cadets march into the stadium is just one reason I pull for them, except when they play us. Good luck Bulldogs and beat GSU.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I used to go to the Parade on Fridays and watch the cadets parade out of the Citadel and into Johnson Hagood...great tradition

Dabnus Brickey
October 23rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
I went to a Citadel/UTC game when I was a Cub Scout. The cadets were about to march in under where we sat. They talked to us the whole time, funny group of guys to make an impression on 8 year olds. My scoutmaster took us because he went there. It was a fun trip. I remember Citadel losing, but I got one of those really cool cups you get from the concession stand.

Millwoch
October 25th, 2006, 12:24 PM
The Citadel is still turning the ball over because of dropped passes, but were able to pull a close one out. We still have not put 2 good halves together, but dominated the stats again.

The Citadel gameday environment is one of the best in I-AA and in the SOCON. at the very least it is in Charleston, and when the weather is good, you can not beat that. The new half of the stadium and the new scoreboard also is a huge improvment. The Corp is always entertaining. But if you come to a game, cover your ears after a score or at the end of the half, the cannon will be fired. Its a long tradition and is amazing that old brick wall in the endzone is still standing.

Anyone who is coming to charleston, email me and I will treat a to a beer while the corp marches by. We love visitors (even though that furple you FU fans wear makes me want to puke)

OL FU
October 25th, 2006, 12:38 PM

No, that cannon firing means one thing and it isn't a good thing:nonono2:

seantaylor
October 26th, 2006, 01:31 AM
The Citadel is still turning the ball over because of dropped passes, but were able to pull a close one out. We still have not put 2 good halves together, but dominated the stats again.

The Citadel gameday environment is one of the best in I-AA and in the SOCON. at the very least it is in Charleston, and when the weather is good, you can not beat that. The new half of the stadium and the new scoreboard also is a huge improvment. The Corp is always entertaining. But if you come to a game, cover your ears after a score or at the end of the half, the cannon will be fired. Its a long tradition and is amazing that old brick wall in the endzone is still standing.

Anyone who is coming to charleston, email me and I will treat a to a beer while the corp marches by. We love visitors (even though that furple you FU fans wear makes me want to puke)

It's pretty good, but miles behind GSU and Appy.

Millwoch
October 26th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Sure in pure numbers we can never hold a candle to GSU or Appy, but who does...I am speaking to the how unique it is. There is always tailgating as well. We were better tailgaters in the early 90s but, with success we are getting back to better numbers. the new stadium does not hurt either.