PDA

View Full Version : If You Criticize USD For SOS...

RobsPics
October 21st, 2006, 12:41 PM
...then you should give props to PSU for their SOS!!

PSU scheduled 3 Div1A games...and won the first one...the third one comes up next week.

Tod
October 21st, 2006, 12:43 PM
...then you should give props to PSU for their SOS!!

PSU scheduled 3 Div1A games...and won the first one...the second one comes up next week.

I'm pretty sure they already lost their second I-A game to Cal.

RobsPics
October 21st, 2006, 12:46 PM
oops yah i forgot lol

Tod
October 21st, 2006, 12:54 PM
The problem is, PSU's SOS may end up costing them a playoff spot (even though they will end up 1-2). Should have scheduled USD. :smiley_wi

jmuroller
October 21st, 2006, 05:42 PM
Scheduling 3 1A games is not got called a tough schedule. It's called stupid scheduling. The admin should be ashamed of themselves. I can understand having 2 1A money games, but 3 is ridiculous. They never gave the players a chance to reach the playoffs. If I was a player I would be pissed as hell.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
Scheduling 3 1A games is not got called a tough schedule. It's called stupid scheduling. The admin should be ashamed of themselves. I can understand having 2 1A money games, but 3 is ridiculous. They never gave the players a chance to reach the playoffs. If I was a player I would be pissed as hell.

agreed

kirkblitz
October 23rd, 2006, 12:31 AM
if they won 2 of the 3 it would be a different story

blukeys
October 23rd, 2006, 12:34 AM
Over scheduling yourself is as bad as under scheduling yourself. It puts those of us who want to evaluate your performance in a bind. Does a loss against a I-A team mean more than beating up on a D-2 team

If a team schedules 6 of the BSC Top Ten and loses each game by less than 14 points should we reward their 0-6 record? OR should we wait and see how they do against quality I-AA competition. This is the reverse of the USD issue.

My view is that performance against quality I-AA teams should be the main criteria. As much as all of us revel in the the I-A wins our schools achieve the truth is the opposition is usually not as up for the game as they would be for one of their I-A confernce mates. Nor are we super hyped to play a D-2 team. This is no insult to anyone it is just reality.
New Hampshire absolutely took Northwestern to the woodshed and was rewarded to a #1 ranking. Since then subsequent I-AA teams have exposed UNH's weaknesses. Was UNH's performance against Northwestern a fluke???? NO they simply performed at a high level that was enough to beat a Big 10 team. In the end though UNH and all of us must beat quality I-AA teams as this is the week in and out competition we all face.

Because this is the quality opposition we all face this is what we should be judged on and not the I-A competition we have come close to beating.

mlbowl
October 24th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Should have scheduled USD. :smiley_wi

xlolx :nod: xlolx

PurpleandGold
October 24th, 2006, 07:52 AM
how about Northeastern? Virginia Tech, not what they used to be but ranked to open the season, Richmond, JMU, Delaware, UNH, Maine, UMASS, ND State, and Holy Cross, who may just end up the Patriot League champ.

RabidRabbit
October 24th, 2006, 09:13 AM
how about Northeastern? Virginia Tech, not what they used to be but ranked to open the season, Richmond, JMU, Delaware, UNH, Maine, UMASS, ND State, and Holy Cross, who may just end up the Patriot League champ.

Yes, especially if Rocky's crew takes the Minutes away from the men of Mass this weekend. Their SOS (and wins) would warrant top 25 even with 4 losses.

If UC Davis goes to four losses (Go STATE :hurray: ) I hope that the Rabbits will get ranked above the Aggies at that point.:thumbsup: