PDA

View Full Version : SLC vs SWAC Part I: PVAMU vs McNST

Panther88
March 31st, 2014, 12:21 PM
There's tried and true experience, again, on the offensive and defensive coordinator positions @ PV. The brains behind the deal are there but I'm not so sure the required talent on the defense will gel in time for the game. (a few fbs txfers along the def front)

PV is all offense and I think the game vs NDSU a few years back lit the fire for fueling the guys commitment to the weightroom lol, finally. xlolx

Give up the skinny, Mac'ers? I tracked the 1st and 2nd str QBs and a few of the WRs I saw play in HS. I know what they are capable of. What about the rest? How's the coaching capability? Also, PV does NOT run, EVER, from ANY competition. So, expect to see us there in LC. ;)

BEAR
March 31st, 2014, 01:22 PM
Won't even be close. Much like our game with them last year. xlolx

McNeese75
March 31st, 2014, 01:55 PM
Too early to tell what the fall will bring. Assuming the injury bug does not bite, the Running game should be pretty nasty this year with a RB corp that includes two transfers and what should be another physical OL (based on the first spring scrimmage Saturday). You already know about the QB and WR's :D. The team will be well coached (SHSU bought the last so so coach we had xwhistlex)

BEAR
March 31st, 2014, 02:22 PM
The Cowboys are:

Undersized.
Undercoached.
Injury-prone
Lazy
slow
No talent at any position.
They have to borrow equipment from whomever they are playing on gameday.
Offense throws to defense.
Defense tackles each other half the time.
Officials consider laying on the ground as a momentary rest before getting up and running again for the RBs.

(Did I miss anything Cowboy fans? I'm trying to remember all the sandbags from our thread last year. xlolx )

Panther88
March 31st, 2014, 02:52 PM
Dammit now UCAbear lol. Tell us how you REALLY feel about McN. :(

Mac75, I've researched the RB position w/ you guys ;). I knew about the 2 txfer RBs (Holmes and Milton - one was UA txfer, I think) but was unaware of the others. How's the OL looking Mac? Experienced? Strong? Wanting to run-block better than pass-block? Give up the skinny!

PV's o-line is experienced and they (FINALLY!!!! xlolx ) are in the weightroom putting in good work. PV returns 3 of 5 along the front and I'm sure either 2 redshirts or returning upperclassmen will be called upon to fill those voids. PV's RB nucleus hails from LA. Both produced a total of 1800 or so yards last fall (I think one was a 1Ker and the other an 850+'er). They are not fast in the open field per se' but have quickness/elusiveness w/ size and seemingly a little power (195 and 205 the other) and PV's O is designed (now) for quick hitters passing and running. Don't ask me about defense because this will be the 3rd consecutive year of change. :( xsmhx The d-coord this time is a proven d-coord w/ FBS/FCS experience from those previous Grambling champ squads, amongst others (Yoshida).

Side-bar: What I personally find intriguing is that there is an all-state RB who is 6'3" - 227lbs (last fall), weightroom buff, placed 6th @ state 200m his senior yr, placed 8th @ state 100m his senior year, 1st team all-state basketball player - NHS guy and class salut who accepted an academic full-ride and REFUSES to play football, basketball, or run track for Prairie View. Prolly the most physically and mentally gifted (for sports) young man on PV's campus and he refuses to participate. It sounds so... familiar. ;) lololololololololololololol xlolx I hope he doesn't do like a few others I came to know and not use what he's physically and mentally gifted w/.

Sammy94
March 31st, 2014, 03:01 PM
Won't be close. Should have scheduled SFA again.

FormerPokeCenter
March 31st, 2014, 03:50 PM
My Cowboys are:

Undersized.
Undercoached.
Injury-prone
Lazy
slow
Officials consider laying on the ground as a momentary rest before getting up and running again for the RBs.
We're predictable...

Bubble screens...end arounds...If you've got a competent two-minute offense, run it all game long. We can't stop that...

BEAR
March 31st, 2014, 04:06 PM
Bubble screens...end arounds...If you've got a competent two-minute offense, run it all game long. We can't stop that...

That goodness Coach Bubble Screen is goooooone! Crimp Crunk will use play that into the ground. Funny thing though, most SLC teams couldn't stop it.

Coach C explaining... yet again... that "bubble screen" play to one of his players:
http://binaryapi.ap.org/1c17aa1d264549a9a7351885f10aed51/512x.jpg

Notice the sheet of paper has two plays: bubble screen and end around.

Panther88
March 31st, 2014, 04:43 PM
LOL @ 2 plays. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... xlolx

I guess after the summer and when compliance does their deal in August, we'll see what's what. Most are excited about the purple/gold possibility, if all goes as planned. PV needs to have a GREAT(er) showing vs McNeese. Sept is PV vs La month. McNeese, SU, and then Grambling. I'm sure I won't want anymore seafood after September lol.

BisonFan02
March 31st, 2014, 05:28 PM
Why do you need more than two plays? Power right and Power left for NDSU worked just fine against PVAMU.

McNeese72
March 31st, 2014, 07:53 PM
The Cowboys are:

Undersized.
Undercoached.
Injury-prone
Lazy
slow

(Did I miss anything Cowboy fans? I'm trying to remember all the sandbags from our thread last year. xlolx )

Well, our first scrimmaged revealed our defense's incapability of stopping the run. xsmiley_wix

And our Qb's can't throw. xsmiley_wix

Doc

P.S. Our most promising WR blew out a knee a week ago. And four of our other WR's are either injured, having to sit out the spring, or hoping for 6th year because of injuries.

P.P.S. And of our top two QB candidates, one has a weird almost side arm throwing motion and the other has had 3 knee surgeries in the three or four years he has been here and has yet to play a down.

Panther88
March 31st, 2014, 11:52 PM
Well, our first scrimmaged revealed our defense's incapability of stopping the run. xsmiley_wix

And our Qb's can't throw. xsmiley_wix

Doc

P.S. Our most promising WR blew out a knee a week ago. And four of our other WR's are either injured, having to sit out the spring, or hoping for 6th year because of injuries.

P.P.S. And of our top two QB candidates, one has a weird almost side arm throwing motion and the other has had 3 knee surgeries in the three or four years he has been here and has yet to play a down.

This is ^^^^^^^ "mac'aneese" language for "we are loaded." Just what I thought. Solid ground game, pass game, defense vs the run, defense vs the pass. But not ONE mention of subpar special teams. :D

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 07:44 AM
This is ^^^^^^^ "mac'aneese" language for "we are loaded." Just what I thought. Solid ground game, pass game, defense vs the run, defense vs the pass. But not ONE mention of subpar special teams. :D

Well, we lost the guy pictured below, so you know we are going suck at kickoff and punt returns.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s10/v114/p409122687-5.jpg

When Diontae made a cut, the dominos fell.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s10/v104/p401952255-4.jpg

BEAR
April 1st, 2014, 09:56 AM
Was he the guy that tipped the onside kick in our game a couple of years ago? xlolx

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 11:31 AM
Was he the guy that tipped the onside kick in our game a couple of years ago? xlolx

No, but he also could throw TD passes. ;) I actually missed the focus on this photo but all the McNeese fans liked it anyway because they like the look on Clint's face.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s5/v117/p2038775410-5.jpg

Panther88
April 1st, 2014, 11:52 AM
lol@Doc. Errrrr..... don't get the killer shots vs PV there doc. :D

If PV can hold McN to 50 points, I'm going to consider it a moral victory lol. :D

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 12:21 PM

If PV can hold McN to 50 points, I'm going to consider it a moral victory lol. :D

Hey, now you guys beat SFA last season. Only reason we beat SFA is that Diontae had five TD's. Two KO returns, a punt return, and two TD catches. He is no longer around. We are in trouble now.

Doc

BEAR
April 1st, 2014, 12:53 PM
No, but he also could throw TD passes. ;) I actually missed the focus on this photo but all the McNeese fans liked it anyway because they like the look on Clint's face.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s5/v117/p2038775410-5.jpg

Yeah he's saying, "Oh no..another Touchdown... guess we need to run the bubble screen and make them pay for it! or the end around....or the reach around...huh huh....I made a beavis joke..."

Panther88
April 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM
Hey, now you guys beat SFA last season. Only reason we beat SFA is that Diontae had five TD's. Two KO returns, a punt return, and two TD catches. He is no longer around. We are in trouble now.

Doc

I've gotten pretty decent @ deciphering "mac'aneese" language doc. So, what you're saying is that McN has suitable replacements for Mr All-World score it from anywhere and PV is in trouble. :D *making mental notes* :D

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 01:26 PM
I've gotten pretty decent @ deciphering "mac'aneese" language doc. So, what you're saying is that McN has suitable replacements for Mr All-World score it from anywhere and PV is in trouble. :D *making mental notes* :D

No replacement, yet. They are holding auditions right now.

Doc

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 01:37 PM

I do have some photos (not very good ones) in my archives of the McNeese-PVAMU football games in 2000 and 2001 but I don't think you want to see any of those. I also have some photos from somewhere back then of two McNeese vs PVAMU fights........er........baseball games. Baseball games where hockey games broke out in the middle of them. One of them was called early. And I got a photo of the famous "finger" to the crowd from one of them.

Panther88
April 1st, 2014, 02:26 PM
I do have some photos (not very good ones) in my archives of the McNeese-PVAMU football games in 2000 and 2001 but I don't think you want to see any of those. I also have some photos from somewhere back then of two McNeese vs PVAMU fights........er........baseball games. Baseball games where hockey games broke out in the middle of them. One of them was called early. And I got a photo of the famous "finger" to the crowd from one of them.

Show it all, doc. :D Show it all.

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 03:32 PM
Show it all, doc. :D Show it all.

LOL! Here is the one finger salute to the McNeese fans. Fun times back then. Your baseball team was good, football team not so good. Football photos will probably have to wait until I get home to go through my external hard drive archive to see if any of them are worth putting up. I had a very crappy digital camera back then (as most of them were), so the quality of the photos isn't very great.

P.S. If you make it over to the game, you'll need to make it over to our tailgate area and visit. Oh, and I collect opponent hats. I started this back when we played Grambling the first game in 2002. I have a hat wall (actually two walls now) in my office with my collection. I don't have a PVAMU hat. I might get you to buy me one and bring it to me. I'll be happy to pay for it and supply you and whoever is with you with food. Details can be filled in when the game is closer.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/pv305salute.jpg

Panther88
April 1st, 2014, 03:51 PM
Doc, I already knew about your hat collection and prepared for it 2 weeks ago :D. The anticipation of the agony of defeat, I mean, the anticipation of the game caused me to purchase the hat ahead of time. lol Thanks for the invite. We'll see what's what as that time goes closer.

Those early 2000 games vs McN were comprised of only 15 schol football players xsmhx. So, I'm sure there will be 40+% BMI guys at the rb/qb/wr position being photo'd. Today? PV recruits 25+% BMI guys @ the rb/qb/wr positions so it's a slight improvement lol. Seriously, there are a few D-I fball worthy caliber guys on the team. Optimal word: few.

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 04:09 PM
Doc, I already knew about your hat collection and prepared for it 2 weeks ago :D. The anticipation of the agony of defeat, I mean, the anticipation of the game caused me to purchase the hat ahead of time. lol Thanks for the invite. We'll see what's what as that time goes closer.

Those early 2000 games vs McN were comprised of only 15 schol football players xsmhx. So, I'm sure there will be 40+% BMI guys at the rb/qb/wr position being photo'd. Today? PV recruits 25+% BMI guys @ the rb/qb/wr positions so it's a slight improvement lol. Seriously, there are a few D-I fball worthy caliber guys on the team. Optimal word: few.

Don't worry, I am very aware that the quality of the PV football teams back then do not in the tiniest bit resemble the quality of the present day teams. We will have to play our best to win.

Panther88
April 1st, 2014, 04:30 PM
Don't worry, I am very aware that the quality of the PV football teams back then do not in the tiniest bit resemble the quality of the present day teams. We will have to play our best to win.

Give us a smidget of credit though. We never EVER back(ed) down from anyone and always showed up to participate, I mean, play the game(s). :D I know the caliber of a few of McN's players since I saw them in HS and also have somewhat tracked them as they've matured in the LC. I was quite jealous when they accepted the schols and were overlooked and not recruited by PVAMU. xsmhx It's semi-hard for me to root for PVAMU because I do not believe in or condone their current obselete recruiting model.

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 04:46 PM
Give us a smidget of credit though. We never EVER back(ed) down from anyone and always showed up to participate, I mean, play the game(s). :D I know the caliber of a few of McN's players since I saw them in HS and also have somewhat tracked them as they've matured in the LC. I was quite jealous when they accepted the schols and were overlooked and not recruited by PVAMU. xsmhx It's semi-hard for me to root for PVAMU because I do not believe in or condone their current obselete recruiting model.

Oh, I'm happy you guys agreed to play us. We are having trouble scheduling OOC games. I think playing SWAC teams should be a good thing due to the proximity of the schools. It is easy traveling for the fans and I hope it is a home and home arrangement. There is another schools very close to your area (which I won't name as a courtesy to them) with whom we tried to schedule a game the first week of the season. (We only have 11 games on the schedule). But they backed off because they didn't feel they were ready to play McNeese. I can't really blame them but it would have been convenient for our schedule. We just can't get anybody else for the first game on the schedule. Now, we have an open date the first week and then travel to Nebraska. :(

BEAR
April 1st, 2014, 04:53 PM
I just don't understand why we were "rotated" off your schedule... I mean I will enjoy the return games from UT- Martin and Mo. State but we've played Sammy when they were not "scheduled" when we came in the conference. We even played the Cowboys our first year 2006? as one of our transition games. I'd prefer a game with you guys over Texas Tech.

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 04:58 PM
I just don't understand why we were "rotated" off your schedule... I mean I will enjoy the return games from UT- Martin and Mo. State but we've played Sammy when they were not "scheduled" when we came in the conference. We even played the Cowboys our first year 2006? as one of our transition games. I'd prefer a game with you guys over Texas Tech.

You'll have to ask the conference office on that one. We have a decent little rivalry started with a trophy and everything and now we don't play next season.

Panther88
April 1st, 2014, 05:01 PM
Oh, I'm happy you guys agreed to play us. We are having trouble scheduling OOC games. I think playing SWAC teams should be a good thing due to the proximity of the schools. It is easy traveling for the fans and I hope it is a home and home arrangement. There is another schools very close to your area (which I won't name as a courtesy to them) with whom we tried to schedule a game the first week of the season. (We only have 11 games on the schedule). But they backed off because they didn't feel they were ready to play McNeese. I can't really blame them but it would have been convenient for our schedule. We just can't get anybody else for the first game on the schedule. Now, we have an open date the first week and then travel to Nebraska. :(
Considering the proximity of SWAC to SLC schools, one would think that both would go head to head more. Go figure...

McNeese72
April 1st, 2014, 07:15 PM
Considering the proximity of SWAC to SLC schools, one would think that both would go head to head more. Go figure...

I decided not to wade through my photo archive for the photos of those old games. Totally different teams now than back then.