PDA

View Full Version : Gridiron Classic Date Changed to accommodate Playoffs

GOTOREROS
October 19th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Well, like I said the Gridiron Classic date has been changed to December 2, 2006. I told you that the USD AD had worked this out - yes, it is a long shot/no chance in hell that USD or another PFL will make it but they did address as I said they would. Also, if one of the first place teams makes the playoffs the second place team will represent that conference...

I guess the "insiders" who thought they had all the answers are left in the cold...

http://www.pioneer-football.org/article.asp?articleid=81602

GOTOREROS

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 05:56 PM
wow, that's impressive. now move the UC-D game.:thumbsup:

October 19th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Well, that settles that. No excuses left now.
The Gridiron Classic, an exempted postseason football game that will match the champions of the two I-AA football conferences, originally was scheduled to be played Nov. 18 at the Northeast Conference champion. However, the date of the game has been moved to Dec. 2, or the second Saturday following Thanksgiving, to provide an opportunity for either league’s regular-season champion to participate in the NCAA I-AA Football Championship as an at-large participant.

Additionally, both conferences have agreed in the event the regular-season champion of either conference is selected to participate in the NCAA I-AA Football Championship, the second-place team from the respective conference will be selected to participate in the Gridiron Classic.Only thing is there isn't an NCAA I-AA Football Championship anymore! :)

AZGrizFan
October 19th, 2006, 06:00 PM
That's all we need. Hampton AND USD in the playoffs. Oh well....maybe USD can get the 15 seed, and come to Montana.... :D :D :D :D :D

GOTOREROS
October 19th, 2006, 06:00 PM
wow, that's impressive. now move the UC-D game.:thumbsup:

UC Davis plays Sac State 11/18. The USD AD has already talked to Davis and if selected they will re-schedule the game for another time. USD would probably have to pay a penalty due to the contract, but the Davis AD has agreed he would ask the same if he were eligible this year as well. Not a great scenario, but it probably isn't going to happen anyway so people can relax.

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/articles/2006/10/10/opinion/01shanbaugh.txt

GOTOREROS

GOTOREROS
October 19th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Well, that settles that. No excuses left now.

I tried telling you guys, I'm glad Patty V. stepped up and corrected herself publicly. It was the right thing for her to do - her silence was killing both the PFL and NEC....

GOTOREROS

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM
UC Davis plays Sac State 11/18. The USD AD has already talked to Davis and if selected they will re-schedule the game for another time. USD would probably have to pay a penalty due to the contract, but the Davis AD has agreed he would ask the same if he were eligible this year as well. Not a great scenario, but it probably isn't going to happen anyway so people can relax.

GOTOREROS

Well there ya go. Next step: Take care of business at Drake.

GoAgs72
October 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I still want UC Davis to play USD on Nov. 25, but I'm sure a game at Montana or Cal Poly would be highly educational. Maybe next year you can schedule North Dakota State - I think they might be able to keep up with you also.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:34 PM
still have a couple weeks to see how things play out.

AggiePride
October 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM
See you in Davis on the 25th.

GOTOREROS
October 19th, 2006, 06:41 PM
See you in Davis on the 25th.

Hey, I'm not taking anything for granted. We still have to beat Drake this weekend in Des Moines - no easy feat. THen we still have to win the remaining games, and then we need "Divine Intervention". I think everyone needs to relax, and let the USD fans enjoy the "possibility" of the post-season. For us that is a HUGE thing, something we have never even sniffed before. Yeah, it won't happen but like your kids, let us enjoy the idea of "Santa Claus" before you rip it away from our naive eyes. :D

We need to prove everything - I get it.....

GOTOREROS

AggiePride
October 19th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Hey, I'm not taking anything for granted. We still have to beat Drake this weekend in Des Moines - no easy feat. THen we still have to win the remaining games, and then we need "Divine Intervention". I think everyone needs to relax, and let the USD fans enjoy the "possibility" of the post-season. For us that is a HUGE thing, something we have never even sniffed before. Yeah, it won't happen but like your kids, let us enjoy the idea of "Santa Claus" before you rip it away from our naive eyes. :D

We need to prove everything - I get it.....

GOTOREROS

I agree. I might be a little harsh.

I think it might be from USD overload.: retard :

I think it would be awesome for your guys if you made it.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Only reason I don't want USD in is because it might take a spot from us. Although if we win out, it doesn't matter. Not that I'm predicting we win out.

Torero Tradition
October 19th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I knew the date change was coming... and what a great thing for the PFL and NEC. Atleast that won't be the excuse for not making the playoffs. This is good for I-AA football in general. I'm not saying USD is going to make the playoffs... BUT IT SURE IS BETTER THAN WHAT THEY HAD SET UP BEFORE!

P.S. I'm not ready to profess my love for Patty V. yet. :cool:

Just kidding, Patty... we love ya!

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Just kidding, Patty... we love ya!

You know that's a lie. I've never met a PFL who liked her.

DetroitFlyer
October 19th, 2006, 06:58 PM
As I may have mentioned previously, schedules CAN be changed!!!!!

GOTOREROS
October 19th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Don't tell Ralph that.....:rolleyes:

GOTOREROS

October 19th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Don't tell Ralph that.....:rolleyes:Look buddy, I have no idea what you have against me but lay off. I never said schedules couldn't be changed.

DetroitFlyer
October 19th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Ralph, let's face it, you have been one of the more vocal folks saying all along that a PFL or NEC team could not be in the playoffs because of the Gridiron Classic. In fact, your recent analysis of I-AA playoff teams based on the GPI specifically excluded USD using that very same argument. The PFL and NEC fans have been saying all along that schedules can be changed. Frankly, I'm still in shock that the PFL did the right thing. Now if USD wins out, we'll see if the playoff committee does he right thing, ( at least in my humble opinion ).

October 19th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Ralph, let's face it, you have been one of the more vocal folks saying all along that a PFL or NEC team could not be in the playoffs because of the Gridiron Classic. In fact, your recent analysis of I-AA playoff teams based on the GPI specifically excluded USD using that very same argument. The PFL and NEC fans have been saying all along that schedules can be changed. Frankly, I'm still in shock that the PFL did the right thing. Now if USD wins out, we'll see if the playoff committee does he right thing, ( at least in my humble opinion ).The PFL or NEC champ couldn't be in the playoffs if they played in the GC. Was that wrong? People can say that the schedules would be changed but they weren't until today. Was that wrong? No need to gloat like what I said was wrong when it wasn't. Circumstances have officially changed.

GOTOREROS
October 19th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Look buddy, I have no idea what you have against me but lay off. I never said schedules couldn't be changed.

My apologies then. But you sure seemed determined in another thread that USD or another PFL/NEC team would not be able to participte in the playoffs. I had provided a link to an article regarding the discussion between USD, NEC and PFL, and Davis but you rebuffed my posts. Not sure why you choose to ignore the article in which the USD AD said things had changed since your 9-26 Patty V. interview. Things had changed prior to today only Patty V. was the last to "offcially" comment...

Ralph, you provide a lot of great information to everyone, which I thank you for....

GOTOREROS

October 19th, 2006, 07:51 PM
My apologies then. But you sure seemed determined in another thread that USD or another PFL/NEC team would not be able to participte in the playoffs. I had provided a link to an article regarding the discussion between USD, NEC and PFL, and Davis but you rebuffed my posts. Not sure why you choose to ignore the article in which the USD AD said things had changed since your 9-26 Patty V. interview. Things had changed prior to today only Patty V. was the last to "offcially" comment...I have talked to others within the past week but I was not going to comment on it until it was official, like your AD did. Now all USD has to do is win 'em all and see if the committee will select a 10 game playing undefeated USD. Good luck! :nod: :thumbsup:

OrneryAggie
October 19th, 2006, 07:57 PM
This really sucks. If USD backs out of the UCD game that means we only get 4 home games. And we won't even know if the game will be played until that week, how will our seniors know which game will be their last? This is a really crappy situation to be in.

If the NCAA is stupid enough to let that creampuff schedule into the playoffs I hope UCD makes USD pay out their ass for the hassle.

OrneryAggie
October 19th, 2006, 07:59 PM
forgot to add these to the last post

: flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad : flamemad :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad: :shakingmad:

October 19th, 2006, 08:01 PM
... If USD backs out of the UCD game...I was thinking how USD does scheduling in the future. They turn down CP, accept UCD, then maybe cancel DURING THE SEASON on UCD? That has to not look so good for future contract negotiations.

DocMike
October 19th, 2006, 08:23 PM
The rescheduling of the Gridiron Classic did not address the most consistent and obvious roadblock to the playoffs facing USD. The "strength of schedule" issue which does play a major part in the selection process has not been resolved. Unless USD can reschedule with better opponents the first two games, then this "rescheduling" will be only window dressing on a non-selection. USD being in the playoffs would mean a complete departure from everything the committee has done in the past. Should this year's committee do that, they will make a mockery of the process that has for years demanded results from a schedule of quality. By putting USD in the playoffs with only a win over Yale, the scheduling standard will be so low that it will be meaningless. With that basis, then everybody conference should get an autobid as strength of schedule is not a factor any longer. The GPI will only have to pick five at-larges.

Or here is another option, like the NCAA basketball tournament, they can have the two highest ranked teams from the NEC, PFL, and MAAC (after only playing a 10 game season meet for a play-in game on the Saturday before the selections. The winner gets to go to the number one seed for the first round of the playoffs.

Other ideas?

AggiePride
October 19th, 2006, 08:58 PM
The rescheduling of the Gridiron Classic did not address the most consistent and obvious roadblock to the playoffs facing USD. The "strength of schedule" issue which does play a major part in the selection process has not been resolved. Unless USD can reschedule with better opponents the first two games, then this "rescheduling" will be only window dressing on a non-selection. USD being in the playoffs would mean a complete departure from everything the committee has done in the past. Should this year's committee do that, they will make a mockery of the process that has for years demanded results from a schedule of quality. By putting USD in the playoffs with only a win over Yale, the scheduling standard will be so low that it will be meaningless. With that basis, then everybody conference should get an autobid as strength of schedule is not a factor any longer. The GPI will only have to pick five at-larges.

Or here is another option, like the NCAA basketball tournament, they can have the two highest ranked teams from the NEC, PFL, and MAAC (after only playing a 10 game season meet for a play-in game on the Saturday before the selections. The winner gets to go to the number one seed for the first round of the playoffs.

Other ideas?

:nod:

It has been discussed extensively, but the original scenerio with scheduling conflicts made it a mute point. But now the debate of SOS is wide open again.

In the end this will be what keeps USD out of the playoffs and really makes their rescheduling efforts all for naught IMO. I understand it is awesome for USD to now have a huge goal to shoot for, but I think at the same time it is a denial of reality.

I just do not see how anyone can look past this.

Tailbone
October 19th, 2006, 09:15 PM
For me, the problem is this: If the selection committee rewards USD with a berth, it provides everyone with incentive to "dumb down" their schedule.

Last year's BigSky results have prompted some MSU Bobcat fans to suggest that as a formula for winning a berth, pointing out that rather than a 1-a loss
(for them) they should have scheduled a DII win (as the Griz did).

Of course, this year the plan didn't work out as the 'cats lost to Chadron, but the idea is not without merit.

Granting USD a play-off berth would establish an unhealthy precedent.
It might also compel other schools to replace SOS with sensationalism.

Hansel
October 19th, 2006, 09:25 PM

GOTOREROS
Since neither Davis or Sac St is going to the playoffs maybe they could flip-flop the dates. USD would actually have a case if they could beat Davis on the 18th (UCD-Sac played on the 25)

Stang Fever
October 19th, 2006, 09:26 PM
If USD gets into the playoffs with Yale as there only good victory(even though Yale is playing good ball right now) does not mean taht one good game shoud get you in. At this point I would take one more good team. but now I am hoping USD looses and then this whole thing becomes a mute point

grizband
October 19th, 2006, 09:34 PM
If the GC is played on December 2, and USD is in the playoffs, what happens then? Isn't December 2 the second week of the playoffs, and if USD makes it, couldn't they still technically be alive? Someone tell me what I am missing here, cuz I can't figure it out.:eyebrow:

October 19th, 2006, 09:35 PM
If the GC is played on December 2, and USD is in the playoffs, what happens then? Isn't December 2 the second week of the playoffs, and if USD makes it, couldn't they still technically be alive? Someone tell me what I am missing here, cuz I can't figure it out.:eyebrow:Can't play in both. Today's ruling says the next team in line from the conference would play in the GC.

BTW, GREAT DECISION BY THE CONFERENCES! xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx :nod:

siugrad99
October 19th, 2006, 09:44 PM
a 4 loss UNI team is still better than an undefeated USD team. USD would wet themselves if they had to play at the UNIDome.

UMass922
October 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM
For me, the problem is this: If the selection committee rewards USD with a berth, it provides everyone with incentive to "dumb down" their schedule.

Last year's BigSky results have prompted some MSU Bobcat fans to suggest that as a formula for winning a berth, pointing out that rather than a 1-a loss
(for them) they should have scheduled a DII win (as the Griz did).

Of course, this year the plan didn't work out as the 'cats lost to Chadron, but the idea is not without merit.

Granting USD a play-off berth would establish an unhealthy precedent.
It might also compel other schools to replace SOS with sensationalism.

Agreed.

grizband
October 19th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Can't play in both. Today's ruling says the next team in line from the conference would play in the GC.

BTW, GREAT DECISION BY THE CONFERENCES! xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx :nod:
I agree, Ralph. If USD is chosen for the playoffs, the Gridiron Classic should still be played. Who knows, USD might not even win the conference, and this discussion would be for naught.:smiley_wi

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 10:18 PM
a 4 loss UNI team is still better than an undefeated USD team. USD would wet themselves if they had to play at the UNIDome.

I didn't orginally say it, so I think it's ok for me to agree without being a hater. :D

GOTOREROS
October 19th, 2006, 10:24 PM
[/B]
I agree, Ralph. If USD is chosen for the playoffs, the Gridiron Classic should still be played. Who knows, USD might not even win the conference, and this discussion would be for naught.:smiley_wi

Exactly, USD still would have to beat Drake this weekend - so if the Toreros don't take care of business Saturday, all the conjecture can end and we can talk about FUTURE isssues like beefing up our schedule....

GOTOREROS

ucdtim17
October 19th, 2006, 10:28 PM
MOOT point people, not MUTE

Stang Fever
October 19th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Go DRAKE!!!

so tired of this USD crap. no real schedule to justify a playoff berth.

WHY play all these hard games if you can play the VMI's and the Morehead st. of football teams and get in

October 19th, 2006, 11:46 PM
MOOT point people, not MUTEWell, it could be mute as well since we are reading AGS! xlolx

rmutv
October 20th, 2006, 12:37 AM
One key point to make about USD and UC Davis. Some have mentioned that schedules can indeed be changed, and now point to the Gridiron Classic being moved as evidence of that.

The Gridiron Classic is not a scheduled game at a specific stadium at this point in time. It's not like a typical "bowl game" where there is a neutral site; this season it is at the home of the NEC champion.

This is completely different from moving/cancelling/whatever with USD and UC Davis. That involves specific teams at a specific stadium at a specific time. It's harder to change that than a game that has no opponents or location set yet.

I'm not saying the UC Davis game can't be changed. I'm saying it's much harder to do than moving the Classic.

OldAggieAlum
October 20th, 2006, 01:14 AM
UC Davis/Sac State is a big rivalry game. I doubt that they would be willing to move it to Thanksgiving Weekend when the students are out of town.

89Hen
October 20th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Except future weak opponents, right? :rolleyes:

89Hen
October 20th, 2006, 07:25 AM
USD being in the playoffs would mean a complete departure from everything the committee has done in the past. Should this year's committee do that, they will make a mockery of the process that has for years demanded results from a schedule of quality. By putting USD in the playoffs with only a win over Yale, the scheduling standard will be so low that it will be meaningless.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Elon, Liberty, Robert Morris, Duquesne... we've been down this road many times and the committee has been very consistent. There's no reason to think they won't continue stressing that an 8-0 DI record with one marginally quality win is not worthy of an at-large bid.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 07:55 AM
round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows. : smh :

aceinthehole
October 20th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Where is the outrage from NEC fans!!!

When Dane and others suggested that if a NEC team had a realistic shot at the I-AA playoffs, they would skip the GC.

Ralph and Patty V. wet on the record to say NEC fans were wrong for suggesting it as an option! Contract were signed, commitments made, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well I guess we were right all along :) Contracts can be broken, schedules can be changed, etc. Patty should have to account and answer for this change of direction!

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Where is the outrage from NEC fans!!!

When Dane and others suggested that if a NEC team had a realistic shot at the I-AA playoffs, they would skip the GC.

Ralph and Patty V. wet on the record to say NEC fans were wrong for suggesting it as an option! Contract were signed, commitments made, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well I guess we were right all along :) Contracts can be broken, schedules can be changed, etc. Patty should have to account and answer for this change of direction!

Outrage? The NEC should be thanking the USD AD for getting the GIC changed - now someone from the NEC would be able to participate in the playoffs if selected. Perhaps Patty V. realized she was wrong to take such a position?

I mean no offense by this next comment, but so what if Ralph said people were wrong to suggest such a thing. Is Ralph an administrator in the PFL, NEC or NCAA? His suggestion means as much as the "newbie" poster on this board - only a fans opinion. Ralph is certainly entitled to his beliefs, but he doesn't represent the PFL or NEC schools that is for sure.

Also, I wonder if Patty. V. will finally be let go by the PFL schools because of this whole debacle. I will be writing the USD AD to suggest the PFL find an INDEPENDENT commish that looks out for the best interests of the PFL not the Gateway conference.

Shame on Patty V. for putting the PFL in this position in the first place!

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 20th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I went on record, EVEN GOT BANNED FOR A FEW HOURS...when I called out Ralph and Patty V on the breaking of contracts.

Albany, CCSU, Monmouth, and the NEC ALL knew this was possible....and all publically stated it. PATTY V WENT ON IAA WAVES and SAID....NO...no way...no how...I will not allow this to happen...and the NEC better honor the contract.

So why dont you back down a bit on this one. Ralph, while I dont have a problem with him being wrong because he was just reporting what he heard, is not the same as PATTY V.

PATTY V leads your conference and is the person the Presidents hired to make the decisions. HER COMMENTS ARE NOW HYPOCRITICAL...so there in lies where the outrage is.

It insults my intelligence, my working with sports contracts, and my legal degree when people like Patty V. make absolute statements that, as we seen now, are CLEARLY FALSE.

This reaks of self-interest and preservation. Self-Interest because it is HER LEAGUE TEAM. It is her self-preservation...because, and rightfully so, USD would have thrown a fit if she blocked their possible playoff inclusion.

What occured yesterday...I PERSONALLY STATED WOULD HAPPEN OVER FOUR WEEKS AGO!

We dont have to thank the USD AD for anything that we already KNEW COULD...and WOULD HAPPEN!

Back to you regular scheduled broadcast!

89Hen
October 20th, 2006, 10:08 AM
PATTY V leads your conference and is the person the Presidents hired to make the decisions. HER COMMENTS ARE NOW HYPOCRITICAL...so there in lies where the outrage is.
:nod: Similar to the comments on scheduling difficulties of USD and how games are made years in advance so there was no way they could play a tougher schedule this year or maybe the next couple. Now, when it suits them, they're looking to bail on not one, but two games this year with only weeks notice. :nono:

Dane96
October 20th, 2006, 10:18 AM
And we also learn they rebuked Cal-Poly, a schedule enhancer.

Now, USD fans can see why some are highly critical of not the USD players, but the admins and the PFL admins.

This is not new with the PFL. Dayton has been ducking teams since Albany got into the I-AA ranks, 7 years ago.

Self-preservation: life's most important and controversial trait!!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2006, 10:29 AM
It's now really quite simple: Yale has to win the Ivy Championship in order for San Diego to have a CHANCE to make the postseason.

When you're not in an autobid conference, your whole playoff worthiness is wrapped up in your OOC wins, and San Diego will only have one to crow about: Yale. If Yale goes 9-1 and is ranked in the Top 20 (hard to see them getting ranked any higher), San Diego could have a case. If, on 11/18, the committee is looking at a victory over a "pretty good" 6-4 or 5-5 Yale team, that ain't going to hack it.

I 100% agree with the posters that say: if you have a non-autobid conference filled with teams not in the Top 25, the committee has not been kind. Think Coastal Carolina in 2004 with a 10-1 record (and a loss to D-II Newberry... ugh).

I think this will largely be an academic issue. San Diego/Robert Morris will be playing in the Gridiron Classic. (Did I mention that Harbaugh, the USD AD and the endless throng of Torero fans have now made me the biggest Drake fan in the world? :)

aceinthehole
October 20th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I went on record, EVEN GOT BANNED FOR A FEW HOURS...when I called out Ralph and Patty V on the breaking of contracts.

Albany, CCSU, Monmouth, and the NEC ALL knew this was possible....and all publically stated it. PATTY V WENT ON IAA WAVES and SAID....NO...no way...no how...I will not allow this to happen...and the NEC better honor the contract.

So why dont you back down a bit on this one. Ralph, while I dont have a problem with him being wrong because he was just reporting what he heard, is not the same as PATTY V.

It insults my intelligence, my working with sports contracts, and my legal degree when people like Patty V. make absolute statements that, as we seen now, are CLEARLY FALSE.

This reaks of self-interest and preservation. Self-Interest because it is HER LEAGUE TEAM. It is her self-preservation...because, and rightfully so, USD would have thrown a fit if she blocked their possible playoff inclusion.

What occured yesterday...I PERSONALLY STATED WOULD HAPPEN OVER FOUR WEEKS AGO!

We dont have to thank the USD AD for anything that we already KNEW COULD...and WOULD HAPPEN!
Back to you regular scheduled broadcast!

I agree 100%

This change is not news to us. What I find funny, is when NEC posters even suggested this possibility it was harshly rebuked! My main frustration is with Patty V. She was either ignorant to the questions or she flat out LIED to us all! We don't have to thank USD for anything!

Ralph took her word for gospel when numerous posters had indicated she was posturing and really didn't have a logical or legal basis for her statements. I certainly don't hold him accountable for her statements, however this should be a lesson that not every person out there is honest and some more attention should be given to a person's motivations for their statements.

BigApp
October 20th, 2006, 12:32 PM
heh heh heh...:rotateh: ....one step closer to my dream...a 1st rounder...SanDiego @ Appalachian 11/25....knock ourself out Patty V and Jimmy H...careful of what you ask, you just might get it.

and BTW, you just cheapened this GC by making it optional to appear in it.

Does the PFL champ get to choose which they want BEFORE bids are announced, or after? To be fair, IMHO they should be made to choose by midnight Eastern time the night BEFORE bids are announced, not after.

October 20th, 2006, 12:43 PM
... Perhaps Patty V. realized she was wrong to take such a position? ... I wonder if Patty. V. will finally be let go by the PFL schools because of this whole debacle. I will be writing the USD AD to suggest the PFL find an INDEPENDENT commish that looks out for the best interests of the PFL not the Gateway conference.
Shame on Patty V. for putting the PFL in this position in the first place!Sorry, wrong take on this issue sir. The NEC came to the PFL with the GC so that the athletic programs in the two conferences would have a postseason experience. Any problem with that? The programs in both conferences approved of it... commishs don't vote. Any problem with that? The agreement was the champs would meet each other. Any problem with that? PV told us all that on the record. Any problem with that? She said there was not an out clause. Any problem with that? Obviously the programs on both sides decided to change the agreement. Any problem with that? PV has championed the non-schollie cause as much as anyone in the NCAA, fighting for a postseason event for a long time. Any problem with that?

October 20th, 2006, 12:49 PM
... PATTY V WENT ON IAA WAVES and SAID....NO...no way...no how...I will not allow this to happen...and the NEC better honor the contract. SHE DID NOT!
... Ralph, while I dont have a problem with him being wrong because he was just reporting what he heardHow can you be wrong when someone else says something?
... PATTY V leads your conference and is the person the Presidents hired to make the decisions. HER COMMENTS ARE NOW HYPOCRITICAL...so there in lies where the outrage is.You've reached this conclusion based on falsities. Members vote on decisions not commishs.
... It insults my intelligence, my working with sports contracts, and my legal degree when people like Patty V. make absolute statements that, as we seen now, are CLEARLY FALSE.What she said was not false, it was what the agreement was.

The rest of your stuff is also based on the same faulty premise. Why you feel the need to gloat is beyond me.

usdtoreros
October 20th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I 100% agree with the posters that say: if you have a non-autobid conference filled with teams not in the Top 25, the committee has not been kind. Think Coastal Carolina in 2004 with a 10-1 record (and a loss to D-II Newberry... ugh).

Am I the only one here that thinks a bad loss hurts a lot more than non-quality wins? Being undefeated is a totally different case than having 1 loss. I know a lot of you are more knowledgeable about I-AA history than I am, so maybe you can answer this. Has there ever been an undefeated team in the Top 20 that didn't make it into the playoffs?

October 20th, 2006, 12:53 PM
... My main frustration is with Patty V. She was either ignorant to the questions or she flat out LIED to us all!...No she did not. She stated what the agreement was. If that was not the agreement then take a look at what the new one is.

OLD: She said the agreement was that the champs were scheduled to meet in the GC and there was not an out.

NEW: "both conferences have agreed in the event the regular-season champion of either conference is selected to participate in the NCAA I-AA Football Championship, the second-place team from the respective conference will be selected to participate in the Gridiron Classic."

AggiePride
October 20th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Am I the only one here that thinks a bad loss hurts a lot more than non-quality wins? Being undefeated is a totally different case than having 1 loss. I know a lot of you are more knowledgeable about I-AA history than I am, so maybe you can answer this. Has there ever been an undefeated team in the Top 20 that didn't make it into the playoffs?

With a tough schedule, there really are no bad losses, unless blown out or you happen to fall to your weakest opponent (MSU for example).

A team might be 7-4, or like Davis is 3-3, and still ranked in the top 20 and never have even really dropped any spots.

We have losses vs. YSU, TCU and Cal Poly. None are "bad losses". All were respectable games and in the end, even as a loss, they are a good measure of Davis.

Being undefeated is really not impressive with your schedule, IMO, especially compared to what other teams are faced with. USD fans really need to stop hanging their hat on it.

Tailbone
October 20th, 2006, 01:10 PM

Don't know about the past but, if NDSU wins out - they won't make the play-offs.......and they, IMO, would be eminently more deserving.

Notice, you don't hear them whining about what's fair and what's not.
They know the rules, and are too proud to cry "foul" despite the apparent lack of logic behind the rule that will keep them out. Same could be said of Cal-Poly when they were independent and overlooked though deserving of a berth.

As far as I'm concerned, USD could be the best team in the country and I'd resent their inclusion into the play-offs because they would be taking the place of a program that at least attempted to earn a spot based on a challenging schedule. I'd rather see a 7-4 Portland State than an undefeated USD be rewarded for their efforts.

UAalum72
October 20th, 2006, 01:13 PM
The NEC came to the PFL with the GC so that the athletic programs in the two conferences would have a postseason experience. Any problem with that?
Since you know this to be true, ralph, WHO brought it to the PFL, and when? Was it the outgoing NEC commissioner, who by agreeing with Patty to not have an 'out' was protecting an at-large for the SoCon and Gateway confs, or the interim NEC commissioner? The NEC had applied for an auto-bid, all Viverito's talk had been pushing for a 'mid-major' playoff.

October 20th, 2006, 01:30 PM
...WHO brought it to the PFL, and when? Was it the outgoing NEC commissioner, who by agreeing with Patty to not have an 'out' was protecting an at-large for the SoCon and Gateway confs...The conspiracy theory! Ah yes. The EVIL EMPIRE suppressing the GOOD GUYS by diverting them. Interesting!

On this coming week's I-AA WAVES:
John Iamarino, Former NEC Commish
Patty Viverito, PFL Commish

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Sorry, wrong take on this issue sir. The NEC came to the PFL with the GC so that the athletic programs in the two conferences would have a postseason experience. Any problem with that? The programs in both conferences approved of it... commishs don't vote. Any problem with that? The agreement was the champs would meet each other. Any problem with that? PV told us all that on the record. Any problem with that? She said there was not an out clause. Any problem with that? Obviously the programs on both sides decided to change the agreement. Any problem with that? PV has championed the non-schollie cause as much as anyone in the NCAA, fighting for a postseason event for a long time. Any problem with that?

So why are you listening to Patty V. talk about something she apparently had no inpout on, or even know what the PFL and NEC schools were doing? If what you say is true then why would you even listen to her, when she obviosuly has ZERO clue what is going on? xlolx She obviously, had as little "real" insider info as you....

Also, she has done "lip service" towards getting "non-schollie" invlovement - that is why she won't be around much longer in the PFL. One more year AT MOST, and she will be back to only the Gateway...

GOTOREROS

DetroitFlyer
October 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Ralph, you certainly are good about getting the news makers on the show. Now, I am going to have to stay up past my bedtime, ignore my family responsibilities, so I can listen to what should be some very interesting comments! :)

OL FU
October 20th, 2006, 01:42 PM
The conspiracy theory! Ah yes. The EVIL EMPIRE suppressing the GOOD GUYS by diverting them. Interesting!

On this coming week's I-AA WAVES:
John Iamarino, Former NEC Commish
Patty Viverito, PFL Commish

Ask him something important like who is joining the Socon:rolleyes: :D

October 20th, 2006, 01:53 PM
... she has done "lip service" towards getting "non-schollie" invlovement...Okay, now I know you are speaking from ignorance. Listen to her interviews. These are not reporter notes you read in a paper. These are her actual words. "lip service" is an insult to her achievements. The PFL is much different than the NEC or other schollie conferences.

October 20th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Ralph, you certainly are good about getting the news makers on the show. Now, I am going to have to stay up past my bedtime, ignore my family responsibilities, so I can listen to what should be some very interesting comments! :)Their comments answer everything here (of course, AGS is the sponsor). You must hit the hay pretty early since the show ends 10 p.m. CST... or you are out east.

October 20th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Ask him something important like who is joining the Socon:rolleyes: :DI did. He answered.

OL FU
October 20th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I did. He answered.

I'll listen:p :)

Dane96
October 20th, 2006, 03:06 PM
SHE DID NOT!How can you be wrong when someone else says something?You've reached this conclusion based on falsities. Members vote on decisions not commishs.What she said was not false, it was what the agreement was.

The rest of your stuff is also based on the same faulty premise. Why you feel the need to gloat is beyond me.

You have now been lied to three different times by three different commish's (outgoing and current NEC commish and PFL).

You perpetuate her existence by kissing her butt...instead of getting her on the WAVES and asking her to finally tell the truth. This is not gloating...this is calling out a conflicted Commish on her hypocrisy.

And I never said that she voted on anything. She did, however, put the deal together and brokered it to her Presidents...that is what commish's do!!! They base their decision on her words!

You asked, and she answered in the negative, if the contract would/could be broken. SHE SAID "I EXPECT THE NEC TO HONOR...." You didnt follow up, instead you left her off the hook. You should have asked her if the contract had an out clause. She would have responded with a yea or nea, something that would have cleared up this entire issue from the get. If she said nea, at least we then could know that unless a deal was worked out....the school ditching the game would be financially on the hook.

The only thing I blame you for is now, at this time, not questioning her further. She embarrassed the PFL, the NEC, and you by not telling the truth and speaking in absolutes on the radio.

I do not fault you for believing her then...but I do fault you now. It is ok to be wrong.

And please, watch what you say about what I do and do not know and base my facts on. You full well should know by now...I have information and insight to a lot more than you think I do. Based on our great and long phone call...i would think you would understand this by now.....

Again, not ripping you...but dont tell me I base things on falsities...because there are now three things (the ability to skip the GC, the going to scholarships, the now publically spoken about increase in scholarships) which you were told otherwise...and I told you that your info was bad....MONTHS before each event occurred.

I deserve that modicum of respect from you.

October 20th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Ralph, I wont bash you, but I think you should think over our private phone conversation and the PERSONAL nature of what I do, and do not know about that contract.
PATTY V. LIED!Not to me or on I-AA WAVES she didn't. Listen to I-AA WAVES again and this coming week. That's a pretty strong word you're using there Dane96.

October 20th, 2006, 03:21 PM
... She embarrassed the PFL, the NEC, and you by not telling the truth and speaking in absolutes on the radio.Please do not take this personally but obviously you have an agenda instead of accepting that the PFL commish did not lie on I-AA WAVES.
... there are now three things (the ability to skip the GC, the going to scholarships, the now publically spoken about increase in scholarships) which you were told otherwise...I am forgetting about the schollie stuff you are referring to (I do remember the AE stuff though) but as was evidenced in the new agreement, there was not an out in the original agreement (not talking about the NCAA bylaw). There is now. Listen to the next I-AA WAVES and you'll hear in their own words what Iamarino and Viverito say.

October 20th, 2006, 03:24 PM
BTW, theses changes are a big :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 03:28 PM
You have now been lied to three different times by three different commish's (outgoing and current NEC commish and PFL).

You perpetuate her existence by kissing her butt...instead of getting her on the WAVES and asking her to finally tell the truth. This is not gloating...this is calling out a conflicted Commish on her hypocrisy.

And I never said that she voted on anything. She did, however, put the deal together and brokered it to her Presidents...that is what commish's do!!! They base their decision on her words!

You asked, and she answered in the negative, if the contract would/could be broken. SHE SAID "I EXPECT THE NEC TO HONOR...." You didnt follow up, instead you left her off the hook. You should have asked her if the contract had an out clause. She would have responded with a yea or nea, something that would have cleared up this entire issue from the get. If she said nea, at least we then could know that unless a deal was worked out....the school ditching the game would be financially on the hook.

The only thing I blame you for is now, at this time, not questioning her further. She embarrassed the PFL, the NEC, and you by not telling the truth and speaking in absolutes on the radio.

I do not fault you for believing her then...but I do fault you now. It is ok to be wrong.

And please, watch what you say about what I do and do not know and base my facts on. You full well should know by now...I have information and insight to a lot more than you think I do. Based on our great and long phone call...i would think you would understand this by now.....

Again, not ripping you...but dont tell me I base things on falsities...because there are now three things (the ability to skip the GC, the going to scholarships, the now publically spoken about increase in scholarships) which you were told otherwise...and I told you that your info was bad....MONTHS before each event occurred.

I deserve that modicum of respect from you.

Dane96-

Great post - I don't get how anyone thinks Patty V. has credability?! She clearly has a conflict between her duties for the Gateway and the PFL. It is obvious the PFL is outgrowing her "leadership", and she has clearly continued to send mixed signals and double talk her way around the PFL.

As you said Ralph was wrong on this one and I'm not sure why he continues to cling to the "raft" believeing he was correct. I am really not trying to "rip" Ralph, he really does a lot of great things for I-AA fans, but all he has to do is admit he was worng - is that so tough?

Ralph, I apologize for any of my posts that may seem to insult you. I am not trying to do that - I just don't get why you continue to defend Patty V.?

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 20th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Tell me right now...that patty didnt say she hasnt heard anything about the contract being broken and how she EXPECTS THE NEC to honor the contract...and I will drop this subject.

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Tell me right now...that patty didnt say she hasnt heard anything about the contract being broken and how she EXPECTS THE NEC to honor the contract...and I will drop this subject.

If you think Patty V. really cares about the PFL or NEC, then I have some ocean view property in Arizona I would like to sell you xlolx . She is the Gateway conference commish and the NEC or PFL could hypothetically take a spot away from one of her teams. If you don't believe that then you are naive...Patty has to answer to the Gateway at the end of the day.

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 20th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Please do not take this personally but obviously you have an agenda instead of accepting that the PFL commish did not lie on I-AA WAVES. I am forgetting about the schollie stuff you are referring to (I do remember the AE stuff though) but as was evidenced in the new agreement, there was not an out in the original agreement (not talking about the NCAA bylaw). There is now. Listen to the next I-AA WAVES and you'll hear in their own words what Iamarino and Viverito say.

Ralph, your missing the point. Contracts often do not have out clauses. THE IDEA of a contract, its basic premise have you, is to give framework to the agreement and provide some evidence one party can point to when the other party breaches. The non-breaching party can say "HEY...we were wronged...we need to be made whole."

Now, Patty may not understand the full legal implications of a contract, however as a commissioner, a business women for petessake, she should know that a contract does not force much of anything.

In fact, only in rare (real estate for one) instances would a court actually FORCE what we call specific performance of the contract...in essence making the breaching party perform under the contractual terms.

I have no agenda. In fact, I had a candid conversation with someone yesterday and he thought it would be interesting if USD went 10-0. I agreed (and this was prior to the official announcement of switching games).

My agenda is simple. Patty V. is a) conflicted in her duties between both conferences and B) hypocritical, or at best, unknowledgeable about the world of business...a rather disturbing trait for a commissioner.

Do I believe both of those? No...i think only the conflict is an issue. I do believe she postured with you on the radio because she wasnt ready to be frank. My problem is that she made absolute statements...contradicting common sense. Fact is...her statements have, and were at the time, false based on business, renegotation, and the law.

Furthermore, I have no problem if USD got in, however I dont believe they will because of the schedule issues. That, my friend, is a totally different issue.

I hope Detroit Flyer understands this. I think the issues have become intertwined and that is misguided.

The issues are seperate.

Dane96
October 20th, 2006, 03:44 PM
If you think Patty V. really cares about the PFL or NEC, then I have some ocean view property in Arizona I would like to sell you xlolx . She is the Gateway conference commish and the NEC or PFL could hypothetically take a spot away from one of her teams. If you don't believe that then you are naive...Patty has to answer to the Gateway at the end of the day.

GOTOREROS

Exactly GT...right on the money. Again, Ralph you do a great job...but you are really not understanding this conflict for Patty.

IT IS HUGE....

Heck, had USD played Davis, Poly, and Yale in one season and pulled off what they have so far...she would be even more conflicted because bet your hats USD would get in the playoffs under that hypothetical.

Right now, that hypothetical is unlikely due to SOS, saving her hide for another day.

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Exactly GT...right on the money. Again, Ralph you do a great job...but you are really not understanding this conflict for Patty.

IT IS HUGE....

Heck, had USD played Davis, Poly, and Yale in one season and pulled off what they have so far...she would be even more conflicted because bet your hats USD would get in the playoffs under that hypothetical.

Right now, that hypothetical is unlikely due to SOS, saving her hide for another day.

Dane96-

I agree 100% with your reply!

GOTOREROS

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Ralph, your missing the point. Contracts often do not have out clauses. THE IDEA of a contract, its basic premise have you, is to give framework to the agreement and provide some evidence one party can point to when the other party breaches. The non-breaching party can say "HEY...we were wronged...we need to be made whole."

Now, Patty may not understand the full legal implications of a contract, however as a commissioner, a business women for petessake, she should know that a contract does not force much of anything.

In fact, only in rare (real estate for one) instances would a court actually FORCE what we call specific performance of the contract...in essence making the breaching party perform under the contractual terms.

I have no agenda. In fact, I had a candid conversation with someone yesterday and he thought it would be interesting if USD went 10-0. I agreed (and this was prior to the official announcement of switching games).

My agenda is simple. Patty V. is a) conflicted in her duties between both conferences and B) hypocritical, or at best, unknowledgeable about the world of business...a rather disturbing trait for a commissioner.

Do I believe both of those? No...i think only the conflict is an issue. I do believe she postured with you on the radio because she wasnt ready to be frank. My problem is that she made absolute statements...contradicting common sense. Fact is...her statements have, and were at the time, false based on business, renegotation, and the law.

Furthermore, I have no problem if USD got in, however I dont believe they will because of the schedule issues. That, my friend, is a totally different issue.

I hope Detroit Flyer understands this. I think the issues have become intertwined and that is misguided.

The issues are seperate.

Dane96-

This is an excellent take on the situation and I think clarifies what we have been saying. You certainly have said it better than I could :D .

GOTOREROS

UAalum72
October 20th, 2006, 04:44 PM
The conspiracy theory! Ah yes. The EVIL EMPIRE suppressing the GOOD GUYS by diverting them. Interesting!

ralph, that's not an answer to my question: which commissioner proposed this deal, and when?

The conflict of interest is obvious on its face. So is the extra hurdle to a playoff spot.

Let alone that the new date means the NEC participant in the GC will not have played for three weeks, since we scheduled our regular season to finish before the playoffs. I'm sure the team will be real sharp for that game.

ace - have we shown enough outrage yet?

October 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Dane96- This is an excellent take...You two need to get a room! xlolx You've both flung some serious libel at the PFL commish. I take it you actually listened to her speak about this topic... both of you. She stated exactly the position of the official documents. Gawd, what is with this FAULT HUNT? This is a great decision!

October 20th, 2006, 05:09 PM
ralph, that's not an answer to my question: which commissioner proposed this deal, and when?

The conflict of interest is obvious on its face. So is the extra hurdle to a playoff spot.

Let alone that the new date means the NEC participant in the GC will not have played for three weeks, since we scheduled our regular season to finish before the playoffs. I'm sure the team will be real sharp for that game.

ace - have we shown enough outrage yet?UA72, listen to I-AA WAVES because your question has already been answered in the past. You know the answer. Iamarino in the boardroom with the lead pipe! xlolx

Listen to this week's I-AA WAVES for the rest.

I see the NEC excuses are already being formulated for the GC... xlolx Beware the PFL retort that "its participant in the GC will not have played for three weeks, since we scheduled our regular season to finish before the playoffs. I'm sure the team will be real sharp for that game."

UAalum72
October 20th, 2006, 05:56 PM
UA72, listen to I-AA WAVES because your question has already been answered in the past. You know the answer. Iamarino in the boardroom with the lead pipe!

When, ralph, before or after he interviewed for the Southern Conference job? I don't have time to sit thru 80 hours or more of WAVES to find an answer that may or may not be there. That's why I asked you. The proposal first appeared on the NCAA site April 10, 2006 and was approved by June - lightning work by the NCAA.

Don't make ad hominem attacks on the established leagues by calling them the Evil Empire, somebody will want to report you to the moderator. I would've gone for Old Guard myself.

Just like, after more than 25 years of I-AA football, the recent BSC/OVC proposal for a new minimum of 50 scholarships/team for a league to be considered for an auto-bid. Gee, I wonder which conferences that would affect?

I see the NEC excuses are already being formulated for the GC... I don't expect to need any, but it's fair to point out that in Albany at least the December 2 average temperature is 6 degrees colder than November 18, so I'm prepared to hear that from USD (if they get there). Duquesne's still whining about the mud and wind of 2002.

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 06:12 PM
You two need to get a room! xlolx You've both flung some serious libel at the PFL commish. I take it you actually listened to her speak about this topic... both of you. She stated exactly the position of the official documents. Gawd, what is with this FAULT HUNT? This is a great decision!

You're the one telling us to "get a room".......I find that to slanderous....:rolleyes: Again, can't you just admit you had bad info and refused to look at the new info from 10-10-06?????

GOTOREROS

October 20th, 2006, 06:25 PM
... Don't make ad hominem attacks on the established leagues by calling them the Evil Empire...Now this I find funny! :rotateh:

October 20th, 2006, 06:29 PM
You two need to get a room! xlolx You've both flung some serious libel at the PFL commish. I take it you actually listened to her speak about this topic... both of you. She stated exactly the position of the official documents. Gawd, what is with this FAULT HUNT? This is a great decision!
You're the one telling us to "get a room".......I find that to slanderous....:rolleyes: Again, can't you just admit you had bad info and refused to look at the new info from 10-10-06?????slander is spoken word sir, what you did was libel. I understand that you wish to continue this thing that I was wrong when I was relating other person's spoken words (there you go for your slander) but you need to take a look.

siugrad99
October 20th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Only Bad Info is from the pipe dreamers who actually believe this decision will affect the 16 teams in the playoffs. As stated before a 4 loss UNI team should be in the field before a undefeated "I beat the little sisters of the poor"

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 06:51 PM
slander is spoken word sir, what you did was libel. I understand that you wish to continue this thing that I was wrong when I was relating other person's spoken words (there you go for your slander) but you need to take a look.

Jeez, you just can't admit you had it wrong......OK Ralph.....you're right, I'm wrong. You're very smart, I'm not.....You're good looking....I'm ugly. You win - I don't have time like you to have 20,000 posts to parse every word and phrase! xlolx You have worn me down sir, congratulations! I will continue to read your blog though....

GOTOREROS

October 20th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Jeez, you just can't admit you had it wrong...... I will continue to read your blog though....Jeez, you just can't admit you had it wrong, I will continue to read your blog though.

Does that make you feel better? :confused: Again I have no idea where the basis of your agenda is coming from. You are given facts, please reasonably discuss on this board or choose some place else.

GOTOREROS
October 20th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Jeez, you just can't admit you had it wrong, I will continue to read your blog though.

Does that make you feel better? :confused: Again I have no idea where the basis of your agenda is coming from. You are given facts, please reasonably discuss on this board or choose some place else.

LOL! You never give up! Is this simple enough for you?

I gave you a news article from 10-10-06 that stated the USD AD had worked out an arrangment that would allow USD's participation in the playoffs IF selected. You continued to say that this was wrong and there was no way it could change because you talked to Patty V. on 9-26-06. Things changed after 9-26-06 and I guess no one told you that it had. So you don't agree with the USD AD - so what? You are only a fan like everyone here. You may have a blog, and interview a "podcast", but so what. You managed to miss the boat big time on this whole deal. You seem to think its OK to ignore an ON THE RECORD interview FROM AN ACTUAL NEWSPAPER with the USD AD who evidently had the "inside" talks with Patty V. after you spoke with her. Why is your interview more relevant than the one with Ky Snyder? You seem to be the one who has the "agenda", I simply posted an article that dismissed your ideas and arguments.....and you couldn't take being wrong or getting the run around from Patty V.....

And you should know with your vast I-AA knowledge the PFL has the WORST website in the world of sports and usually updates things AFTER they have come and gone! Things must be very busy in the Gateway football offices these days....
GOTOREROS

October 20th, 2006, 07:38 PM
... I gave you a news article from 10-10-06 that stated the USD AD had worked out an arrangment that would allow USD's participation in the playoffs IF selected. You continued to say that this was wrong and there was no way it could change because you talked to Patty V. on 9-26-06. Things changed after 9-26-06 and I guess no one told you that it had. So you don't agree with the USD AD - so what? You are only a fan like everyone here. You may have a blog, and interview a "podcast", but so what. You managed to miss the boat big time on this whole deal. You seem to think its OK to ignore an ON THE RECORD interview FROM AN ACTUAL NEWSPAPER with the USD AD who evidently had the "inside" talks with Patty V. after you spoke with her. Why is your interview more relevant than the one with Ky Snyder? You seem to be the one who has the "agenda", I simply posted an article that dismissed your ideas and arguments.....and you couldn't take being wrong or getting the run around from Patty V.....

And you should know with your vast I-AA knowledge the PFL has the WORST website in the world of sports and usually updates things AFTER they have come and gone! Things must be very busy in the Gateway football offices these days....
GOTOREROSLOL! You never give up! Is this simple enough for you? You are off base sir.

Yes, I will take a spoken word over a secondhand source. Yes I will take an official word over an unofficial word. You should consider doing the same.

As for your continued smack at me and the PFL, whatever sir... get off smacking non-schollies... they're your jollies...

Dane96
October 20th, 2006, 08:11 PM

Ralph...I will run rings around you with the actual definition and application of libel.

But thanks for answering the post...you really provided some good insight. :eyebrow:

I cant believe I am agreeing with a San Diego fan....gawd!!!

rmutv
October 20th, 2006, 08:28 PM
This tinkling match is getting annoying.

Ralph talked to Patty V directly on 9/26/06 and she gave him the information he's going off of.

GoToreros posted a newspaper article on 10/10/06 that had new quotes from Patty V.

Obviously something changed between 9/26 and 10/10 that caused Patty V to change her mind.

I've talked directly to Brenda Weare, commissioner of the NEC, and she said yesterday that this was being discussed for the past few weeks.

Miraculously, that takes us to the time between 9/26 and 10/10, where your little pissing match comes into play. So how about you both can it, both get off your high horses, and realize the following:

1) No matter what happens, it'll take a hell of a lot for San Diego to get the I-AA playoffs.
2) It's barely even worth considering that any NEC team will make it.
3) The Classic is Dec. 2nd with a few new rule changes.
4) People change their minds or situations change. That doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong. That means things changed. Deal with it.

I'm going back into my hole now so that I'm prepared for Robert Morris/Monmouth tomorrow. As you were.

October 20th, 2006, 08:39 PM
... thanks for answering the post...you really provided some good insight. ...that's all I try to do.

alumNEC
October 20th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Ok guys.... We have debated everything about the game to the extreme, oh wait, we havent actually talked about the game itself... With San Diego most likely (not definite) repping the PFL, playing the NEC champ (probably either Albany, Robert Morris, or Stony Brook).... Has all the makings of a great game... It is a good example of 2 debatable issues... On one side you have a team like San Diego who has done incredible, video game type stats and scores, however many feel that it is nullified almost because of their SOS... On the other side, the NEC teams do not have the stats that SD has, however they have faced much better teams and has played them competitively... I cannot speak for the PFL, I do not know enough about them and I will not pretend to... But I know quite a bit about the NEC... Our best bet will probably be Albany... Although they have some tough losses against some sub-par competition, they seem to play up to the team they play (or down for that matter)... Also, although they have had trouble on offense, their defense can keep them in any game.... Even when their defense seems to be on an off day the most they have let up (on defense) all year is 23... I just think they have the best shot at shutting down what seems to be an explosive offense, just as they were one of the few to stop CCSU's Hairston to just 58 yards (he averages 178.14 ypg) ... Anybody from the NEC can definitely be tough though, so whoever ends up playing it should be great, I cannot wait

rmutv
October 21st, 2006, 12:38 AM
I think NEC wise we just have to wait to see how this all falls out. No one can make the determination of which team is better until they all play each other. RMU plays Monmouth today, Stony Brook next Saturday, and Albany the week after that. Monmouth and CCSU play towards the end of the season. Albany and Stony Brook play late.

It's going to be close. We'll see what happens.

Keeper
October 21st, 2006, 05:17 AM
My my, such venemous spewing.
I don't care who is alleged to have said what
or whomever thinks they know.

I am impressed that in the middle of a football
season that so many representatives with differing
agendae came together to improve a conflicting
situation, albeit an extremely slim possibility for
conflict. I am sure the PFL and NEC teams all
should feel better because of the new agreement,
and are looking forward to the inauguration of
the Classic with something to play for.

Let's see the impossible next. When will the BS
wake up and institute a playoff. Take a cue from
some folks in the CS about resolving differences.

And you guys in the power CS conferences, stop
your petty bickering and jealousies. You have
NOTHING to fear from the mid-majors. Calm down.:twocents:

JohnStOnge
October 21st, 2006, 07:05 AM
I think it'd be interesting to see USD in the playoffs if it goes undefeated through the weekend before the tournament. But if I had to bet I'd bet the committee won't do it due to the schedule. We'll see though.

UAalum72
October 21st, 2006, 09:03 AM
I am sure the PFL and NEC teams all
should feel better because of the new agreement,
and are looking forward to the inauguration of
the Classic with something to play for.

No, we all know a consolation prize when we see it.

Albany and Stony Brook play late.
Actually they've already played, Albany closes the season @RMU and vs. Monmouth, and needs somebody else to beat Stony Brook. But your point is correct, half the season is still to be played.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2006, 09:14 AM
this is like watching a verbal tennis match between Ralph and some non-scholly fans.

GOTOREROS
October 21st, 2006, 10:01 AM
Well, I am going to drop the back and forth. Ralph is a fair guy and I should be focused on our game with Drake today rather than the stupid argument I got into with him. I want to formally apologize to Ralph if I took the argument too far, as I said some pretty unfair comments about his efforts with spreading the word on I-AA.

GOTOREROS

Guard Dawg
October 31st, 2006, 05:53 PM
That's all we need. Hampton AND USD in the playoffs. Oh well....maybe USD can get the 15 seed, and come to Montana.... :D :D :D :D :D

If this does infact happen... MONTANA... please put San Diego in their place. Especially since they have beaten you before!

Guard Dawg
October 31st, 2006, 06:29 PM
Only reason I don't want USD in is because it might take a spot from us. Although if we win out, it doesn't matter. Not that I'm predicting we win out.

UNI at 5-4 should be given a shot before a 10-0 San Diego team!