PDA

View Full Version : CSU Wide Receiver Killed in Car Accident

rokamortis
June 18th, 2005, 01:18 PM
CSU Wide Receiver Killed in Car Accident (http://csusports.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=800)

CHARLESTON, S.C.- Charleston Southern wide receiver Eddie Gadson was killed in a car accident early Friday morning. Gadson would have been a sophomore for the Bucs this year.

Gadson led the Buccaneer receiving corps last year with 69 catches for 792 yards. He averaged 79 yards/game last season. Gadson came to CSU as a walk-on but after redshirting his freshman year, earned a scholarship for the Bucs.

The Stockbridge, Ga. native was a pre-season favorite to receive all-conference honors this season after being named to the first team all-conference last season. Gadson, an elementary education major was coming off his best academic semester at CSU. He had aspirations of teaching and becoming a coach after his time at Charleston Southern.

Service arrangements have not been made at this time.

savannahjohn
June 18th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Condolences to the family & team mates who must deal with this.

rokamortis
June 18th, 2005, 01:20 PM
This is terrible news, especially for someone so young and talented. My prayers to his family, friends, and teammates.

Thumper250
June 18th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Very sad to see a young person pass. My heart and prayers go out to the family, team and coaches. Tough news.

Josh
June 18th, 2005, 04:51 PM
This is truly tragic. I hope he was not drunk but even if he was my prayers are with his family, teammates, coaches, school administrators, and friends who were around him.

I say dedicate the Big South season to Eddie Gadson!

What a great player and it is truly sad to see him gone!

Josh
June 18th, 2005, 09:31 PM
What are you talking about him being drunk?

I read the report on the Sports Network and it did not say what exactly happened. Just hope alcohol was not involved on either side.

ngineer
June 18th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Such a tragedy when the one dies 'young'--I'm alway reminded of the poem by A.E. Houseman, "Ode to an Athlete Dying Young"--though it was written about a town's star athlete who goes off to war and be killed, it still resonates when I hear such news.

kats89
June 19th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Condolences from the Kat faithful!!!!!

The Gadfly
June 19th, 2005, 05:34 PM
My deepest condolences to the family and friends of Eddie.