PDA

View Full Version : Furman Two-A-Days

NoCoDanny
October 19th, 2006, 09:18 AM
So has anyone caught any of this show? It's probably been covered on here before. But I saw that one kid ended up at Furman. Is he playing at all?

Also, I found it interesting that a team that has won 4 straight state championships and ended up like 6th in the nation in the rankings can't put their starters into better programs. I noticed the star WR ended up at Troy. Nothing wrong with Troy but you'd think a star on a team like that would end up at a better school.

OL FU
October 19th, 2006, 09:19 AM
So has anyone caught any of this show? It's probably been covered on here before. But I saw that one kid ended up at Furman. Is he playing at all?

Also, I found it interesting that a team that has won 4 straight state championships and ended up like 6th in the nation in the rankings can't put their starters into better programs. I noticed the star WR ended up at Troy. Nothing wrong with Troy but you'd think a star on a team like that would end up at a better school.

I believe he is being red-shirted

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 09:20 AM
one of their best players was probably the QB who was a junior.

If you go to Furman's athletic site he is listed and has a bio. I thought that was pretty cool. His bio says the show has footage of him coming to Furman, I guess they mean signing?

Cocky
October 19th, 2006, 09:36 AM
one of their best players was probably the QB who was a junior.

If you go to Furman's athletic site he is listed and has a bio. I thought that was pretty cool. His bio says the show has footage of him coming to Furman, I guess they mean signing?

Their QB isn't getting many offers either. The only one I know of is Troy. JSU is not interested in him or Bama, Auburn, or UAB. Wilson will probably go the baseball route.

Rush Propst (Head Coach) is an ex Gamecock and is always rumored for college jobs around Alabama.

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Their QB isn't getting many offers either. The only one I know of is Troy. JSU is not interested in him or Bama, Auburn, or UAB. Wilson will probably go the baseball route.

Rush Propst (Head Coach) is an ex Gamecock and is always rumored for college jobs around Alabama.
I didn't know that Wilson's brother was the started at Alabama until a few days ago... I watched the whole season; thanks to DVR I could fast forward through all the cheerleader/girly non-sense that MTV puts in for better ratings. Anyone else find it funny that that one dude, I think Alex the other safety that hurt his shoulder and can't play basketball, is supposedly still with that Frosh girl he was dating by the end of two-a-days?

How about the show 'Friday Night Lights'? Not the movie (which I thought was pretty awful), but the show. I love it... pretty intense!

danefan
October 19th, 2006, 09:40 AM

I thought the same thing. Compare them to Don Bosco Prep in NJ and Don Bosco sends a ton more to scholarship schools.

Cocky
October 19th, 2006, 09:40 AM
I didn't know that Wilson's brother was the started at Alabama until a few days ago... I watched the whole season; thanks to DVR I could fast forward through all the cheerleader/girly non-sense that MTV puts in for better ratings. Anyone else find it funny that that one dude, I think Alex the other safety that hurt his shoulder and can't play basketball, is supposedly still with that Frosh girl he was dating by the end of two-a-days?

How about the show 'Friday Night Lights'? Not the movie (which I thought was pretty awful), but the show. I love it... pretty intense!

Alex has been arrested for stealing cars or something.

Cocky
October 19th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Hoover has two OLs committed to UAT and Auburn, one DL committed to Auburn another that is one the top prospects in the South, a WR offered by Stanford and a OLB offered by Stanford. Hoover has 15 to 20 players that will play college ball somewhere. The repete guy walked on at Auburn.

The WR at Troy is just too slow for BCS football.

ButlerGSU
October 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I love how he called it the "University of Furman"

CSU BUCS
October 19th, 2006, 10:15 AM

I hate the TV show "Friday Night Lights".

LeopardFan04
October 19th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I love how he called it the "University of Furman"

Heard that too, thought someone might like it...haha...

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 02:38 PM
The repete guy walked on at Auburn.

Did he actually make it? The show said he was going to attempt to.

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 03:02 PM

why?

OL FU
October 19th, 2006, 03:04 PM
why?

Because:smiley_wi

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 03:04 PM
xlolx

that's cute

OL FU
October 19th, 2006, 03:07 PM
xlolx

that's cute

Whew, I was afraid you were going to say "Cause Why?":eek:

dbackjon
October 19th, 2006, 03:08 PM
It airs on Tuesdays?

Cocky
October 19th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Did he actually make it? The show said he was going to attempt to.

Not Sure

OL FU
October 19th, 2006, 03:14 PM
It airs on Tuesdays?

Oh well I certainly can't watch it then. Can't listen to Waves either.

That's my night to get slap ass drunk:nod:

MarkCCU
October 19th, 2006, 03:24 PM
is this the show on MTV? i've seen it, it's kinda interesting. Pretty cool that the kid is going to Furman

ncbears
October 19th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Don't care for it much either. The movie on the other hand was one of the better movies I've seen in years.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:09 PM
the show is the movie in more detail...maybe it's too much for you. i like it so far. kinda weird that you already know what happens...

NoCoDanny
October 19th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I read the book and saw the movie. Thought the book was pretty good, the movie so-so and haven't seen the tv show. I try to avoid network tv at all costs.

PaladinFan
October 20th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I see it as a very good thing for Furman. Here you have what has become one of the most popular tv shows in the country and one of the main characters commits to Furman.

Think about how many high school football players watch that show. I think this could work the FU's advantage in recruiting.

He may have said "university of Furman," but he certainly didn't say "Georgia Southern" :)

Mountaineer#96
October 20th, 2006, 07:45 AM
They didn't talk about App. State either for that matter. BTW I think these Hoover players weren't all that good. Watch them practice and you get the idea that they are just well coached and play as a team very well. Other than that they don't stand out all that much by themselves.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I was excited when they showed repeat talking to a recruiter from ASU wearing a black shirt with a gold ASU on it. Then he said something about Alabama State. :rolleyes:

AppGuy04
October 20th, 2006, 07:49 AM
I see it as a very good thing for Furman. Here you have what has become one of the most popular tv shows in the country and one of the main characters commits to Furman.

Think about how many high school football players watch that show. I think this could work the FU's advantage in recruiting.

He may have said "university of Furman," but he certainly didn't say "Georgia Southern" :)

Who knows, but it definitely won't hurt

Cocky
October 20th, 2006, 07:58 AM
They didn't talk about App. State either for that matter. BTW I think these Hoover players weren't all that good. Watch them practice and you get the idea that they are just well coached and play as a team very well. Other than that they don't stand out all that much by themselves.

Russ has won everywhere he has coached. His practices are very organized and demanding.

Just for the note his high school coach was also my high school coach. Our coach's son has the number two ranked team in the state and his a great coach.

JDC325
October 20th, 2006, 08:50 AM

You mean the University of Georgia Southern xlolx I kid I kid. Good for FU and 1-aa.

PaladinFan
October 21st, 2006, 12:42 AM

If you think that a starting player on the top high school football team in the nation isn't good, then you need to learn more about football.